2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.13%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-15, 18:48   Link #221
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
@Zato

Yea, I really hope they do Koyomi's story.
Me too. But it depends on DVD/Blu-ray sell. I do hope that it will be successful enough to get second season.
Old 2009-09-15, 20:08   Link #222
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Hanekawa was attacked twice by the cat problem.

1 before koyomi met hitagi.

2. after nadeko
Thanks, I actually asked this question earlier but it got lost in the flame.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 20:44   Link #223
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

So peace has been brought back to the thread...

Well I rated this ep a 9... the breakdown is 5 for way too may cut scenes, crappy animation and missing the Fire Sisters on an arc ender... +1 for the really cute OP and +3 for great artwork at the end... it may not get animated but that's enough for me..

@Topic
Do Ararararagi (Shitsurei, kamimashita!) really need to be 100% human again to deal with the oddities? I mean he can find someone to deal with the prayer thing and if it fails he can always physically ward off those oddities... I mean Oshino slammed that crab when he thought they need to do another option... for the Rainy Devil, Araragi have to beat it so it can't complete the contract though he got his ass kicked... for the snake he can pull it off Nadeko though he have to fight with to prevent the snake from killing him instead... for Mayoi being the oddity herself... well, Araragi did knocked her off cold twice during her arc ... Doesn't having those powers may come in handy?

Ummm.. a question... where did Nadeko got that school swimsuit? Did she brought it? Was it from one of Araragi's sister? Or Araragi's keeping one in his room? Kanbaru said it was one of Araragi's fetish, right?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:24   Link #224
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reekon View Post
But if you were actually thinking of it like Daniel E. that instead of a 2nd attack in the next episodes, you thought they will actually be the prequel events with the 1st attack then maayybbeee it's a spoiler?
I don't see how that could be the case. I am only mentioning what has already been stated in the anime and never brought any mention of any future events with my comments.

Regardless, I am not gonna keep digging on this, let next episode clear our doubts and be done with it.

EDIT:

Oh, and to keep myself a bit on-topic...

This was another episode preview I have not being able to make head or tails of it.
Old 2009-09-15, 21:56   Link #225
guanin
Jiii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Ummm.. a question... where did Nadeko got that school swimsuit? Did she brought it? Was it from one of Araragi's sister? Or Araragi's keeping one in his room? Kanbaru said it was one of Araragi's fetish, right?
I think Kanbaru brought that with her in that night because he knew that fetish of Araragi. I don't know where Kanbaru got that though. Maybe her old swimsuit?

Just a question. The first ever fanservice of this show (within 10 secs of ep 1) belonged to Hanekawa right?

Last edited by guanin; 2009-09-15 at 22:00. Reason: additional text
guanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 22:00   Link #226
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
So peace has been brought back to the thread...

Well I rated this ep a 9... the breakdown is 5 for way too may cut scenes, crappy animation and missing the Fire Sisters on an arc ender... +1 for the really cute OP and +3 for great artwork at the end... it may not get animated but that's enough for me..

@Topic
Do Ararararagi (Shitsurei, kamimashita!) really need to be 100% human again to deal with the oddities? I mean he can find someone to deal with the prayer thing and if it fails he can always physically ward off those oddities... I mean Oshino slammed that crab when he thought they need to do another option... for the Rainy Devil, Araragi have to beat it so it can't complete the contract though he got his ass kicked... for the snake he can pull it off Nadeko though he have to fight with to prevent the snake from killing him instead... for Mayoi being the oddity herself... well, Araragi did knocked her off cold twice during her arc ... Doesn't having those powers may come in handy?

The issue is more with how the problem is solved, tossing one monster at another only works so much. And The oddity nature of Araragi I think interferes.

Reminds me of the situation in Hellsing to use paraphrase the quote. "Only humans can truly defeat monsters, anything else is unthinkable"
Old 2009-09-16, 03:41   Link #227
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanin View Post
Just a question. The first ever fanservice of this show (within 10 secs of ep 1) belonged to Hanekawa right?
Yes you're correct. Followed by Senjougahara's shower scene at the start of the second episode.
Old 2009-09-16, 03:42   Link #228
solomon

Overall decent. I can't give it a perfect even with the awesomely heavy dramatics and luscious direction/color design. Animation was wonky but at least it was drawn well, the inverse of last episode.

Anyone know who made the final image (BEST FINAL IMAGE EVAR!!)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 03:59   Link #229
Pachael
原作通り

Akiman did the endcard; more commonly known by game players in Capcom works such as Street Fighter (Alpha), 3; or anime watchers as character design for Turn A Gundam
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 03:59   Link #230
Woland
Latin Rascal

If I'm not wrong is from Akira "Akiman" Yasuda
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=16403

Here's a not TV cropped version :P

Spoiler for NSFW?:

Edit: too late
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 06:24   Link #231
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In a way, by criticising an anime for not being the novel, you're not really doing the series any justice. Different judging criteria apply to different media. For example, there's the simple fact that an anime episode is only around 25min long, which usually makes it necessary for its creators to condense the original story as much as possible. Naturally, then, some developments in the novel would have to be left out. Rather than complaining about what was lost, the real focus ought to be on how the story was presented purely from the anime's perspective.
But when you've been spoiled by the perfect word-for-word -- literal and spiritual -- novel-to-anime adaptation (even surpassing the original) that comes on average once every few decades... knowing it can be done justifies everyone's right to compare source and adaptation.
Old 2009-09-16, 06:58   Link #232
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yes you're correct. Followed by Senjougahara's shower scene at the start of the second episode.
The 2nd episode had to be the best one. All of that excellent dialogue and her only wearing a bra and panties.
Old 2009-09-16, 07:22   Link #233
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The 2nd episode had to be the best one. All of that excellent dialogue and her only wearing a bra and panties.
Most males would run away in fear from a sexually proactive/aggressive woman.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 07:33   Link #234
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah there was some excellent dialogue in that episode between the two. Also in the third episode.

Quote:
&? What's your point?
Old 2009-09-16, 08:12   Link #235
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I guess I'm not most men. I'd be taken back a little, but I sure as hell wouldn't run in fear. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah there was some excellent dialogue in that episode between the two. Also in the third episode.
Point in fact... we need more Hitagi. *searches for torch & pitch fork*
Old 2009-09-16, 09:29   Link #236
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Well, crotch rot is scary isn't it?
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 10:09   Link #237
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It is? I've never noticed...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 10:48   Link #238
mhan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Sengoku adds way to much moe to this series. She is beyond cute.

This series is what it is, and I dont expect much more. That said, I find it interesting,

That boy who cursed her is about to get what he deserves.

More story with Sengoku(dont throw her away! )! and fill Kanburu in with Sajougahara!
i disagree with the people saying that the boy got what he deserves for cursing her. he's a kid, she was probably his first love, it took a lot of courage for him to get up the nerve to confess to her, and he got rejected. that can be a pretty painful feeling, and i'm sure he just did that "curse" ritual as a way to just let off some steam and resentment.

sure, it had a terrible result, but there was no way that the kid thought that his "curse" would do anything more than just make him feel a little better about getting rejected. it's not like the kid went in believing that his "curse" would actually do anything to the girl, it was just bad luck that it did. i mean, we all go through our lives occasionally having an unworthy thought for a perceived slight (example: you get cut off in traffic and you curse at the guy who did it); we do it not because we actually wish harm on another person, but because we were momentarily angry or resentful and we know it is a harmless way to relieve some stress. it just turns out the kid was unfortunate enough to have a vampire pervert a shrine and to have the girl choose exactly that shrine to try to dissolve a curse that would have had no effect on her otherwise.
mhan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 10:53   Link #239
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhan00 View Post
dissolve a curse that would have had no effect on her otherwise.
Actually I'm fairly certain it did have an effect on her, hence why she went to the shrine in the first place. Otherwise how would she have known she was cursed? It's just her messing up the ritual made it worse that it was before.
Old 2009-09-16, 10:53   Link #240
mhan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'm rather surprised by the number of people in this thread who say that the kid who cursed Nadeko "deserves" the snake. The show made it pretty clear that this wasn't a serious curse, just a petty schoolyard grudge that got amplified by bad luck with Shinobu's presence and Nadeko screwing up her counter-curse. No one deserves to die for holding a grudge, especially for a curse that wasn't originally lethal (or even particularly painful, from the sound of it). I can sympathize with the message of "carefully choose who you want to save" but I can't see why some kid's death is being trivialized by claiming that it's justice. It's not justice, it's just a tragedy.
agreed. you summed it up a hell of a lot better than i did. the kid got screwed; it surely wasn't a worthy impulse of his to do the curse, but no way did he mean any actual harm by it.
mhan00 is offline   Reply With Quote