AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-23, 16:04   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Perhaps episode 8 wasn't as moving as ep7, but it was the first episode of a mini-arc, so that's understandable. That doesn't mean it wasn't highly enjoyable, however, at least for me.

And since I'm a seiyuu fan, it was nice to have two good ones enter the story: Yahagi Sayuri (Karin in Karin, Izumi in Hayate, Rima in Shuga Chara) and Kitamura Eri (Saya in Blood+, Rin in Kodomo no Jikan, Ami in Toradora). I've put pics and info for them and their characters in the characters/seiyuus page linked to from my sig. The main seiyuu may be unknowns, but it looks as if they can afford to keep bringing in top pros to do minor characters that may only last a few episodes.

I was glad to see some real instruction in the epilogue this week, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-24 at 14:50.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:07   Link #62
TCman

Just watched the 8th episode. It's a really nice episode, with perfect pacing and a nice build-up of the mini arc. The story is becoming more and more interesting with the introduction of several new characters too.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 02:49   Link #63
chaos_animagic

I tried to watch Yumeiro after my laptop broke down (fixed it up a bit)...

But now whenever I DL Yumeiro... it always comes out to be "corrupted" so the video doesn't play no matter what...

I tried DL it different ways, 3 different fan-sub groups, direct download... none works...

So... anyone know of a place where I can watch it online?
Otherwise I have no choice but to drop this series... and I liked this series...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 06:21   Link #64
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

This series is pretty likeable and other than the cake pr0n, this isn't half bad at all that I expected it to be. So far, this series isn't disappointing me a bit. Okay, maybe it did but it's just the animation!

Spoiler for Episode 8:
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 21:03   Link #65
Dralha

Ep 8 & 9: This short arc was entertaining, though it didn't elicit near the euphoria the previous one did. Seems that Ichigo's got a dedicated rival...

All I want to do now is cook up some flan...
Old 2009-12-03, 17:45   Link #66
TCman

Yesterday, I watched the 9th episode. I must say it's really entertaining. This episode also includes how to make caramel (it looks easy enough to me to make it myself) which is a quite nice touch. Amazing that Ichigo improves again in this episode.

Well, I think this series will be too short, since the next what we can expect is the Grand Prix tournament, yet there are just in total 13 episodes, thus 4 episodes left?!
Old 2009-12-03, 19:31   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
...Well, I think this series will be too short, since the next what we can expect is the Grand Prix tournament, yet there are just in total 13 episodes, thus 4 episodes left?!
I'd be really surprised if this show didn't continue. It's not got overwhelmingly good TV ratings, but it has tie-ins with a Ribon Mascot manga, card sets, and the Konami toy and game company. And Sunday morning kids' shows tend to go longer than one season, I think.

The TV listings don't go beyond ep13 on 27 December yet, but there is no indication on Shoboi Calendar that is the last episode. And the fact that no DVD announcements have been made yet is a bit of a tip that it will go more than 13 eps, apparently. Short shows have their DVDs announced early on, it seems.

Anyway, I guess we'll know in a month's time. She has at least another year to go at this school, and there could be shows in Paris with Henri and the gang, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:56   Link #68
chaos_animagic

Hmm...
This story count go further than just 13 episode... I mean she still have so much to learn... she's a newbie in this (as we seen in previous episodes)
She doesn't know how to really make food, she just have a good "taste" and "design idea"...

O yea, I figure out why the ones I DL comes out corrupted...
so far, turn out that if I DL subs w/ TBS raw or NTV raw, it comes out corrupted (no idea why)
But when I DL subs w/ D-TBS it comes out correctly...

It's not the video problem at all... donno why... (still trying to figure it out >_<)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 15:03   Link #69
FireChick

This week's episode was soooo cute and heartwarming!

Spoiler for episode 10:

I basically loved it, though not as much as episodes 6-7, which are my best favorite episodes of this show.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 13:02   Link #70
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first DVD has been announced: it will have three episodes, sell for Y2900, and will not come out until 3 March 2010. This seems to me a pretty good indication that they expect the series to still be on TV then. The low cost per episode (~Y1000) is another indication that the show will go longer than 12-13 eps, according to relentlessflame.

Before episode 11 (an enjoyable episode featuring the three princes' backstory), in the streamed version I saw, there was an advertisement featuring Ichigo hawking a Glico flan-like pudding ("Puchi Purin"). Plop, out of the plastic package and onto your plate. Quite a come-down from the real thing in the show, lol. And Glico was added as a sponsor in the main list. Now there are five. That is another thing that makes me think this show may be in for the long haul. But ratings are still hovering around 2 percent.
Old 2009-12-14, 13:41   Link #71
TCman

It's nice to hear that Yumeiro Patissiere may get more episodes/seasons, since this one little series really is enjoyable to watch. I was hoping for a more "complex" plot, more as in Gakuen Alice.
Old 2009-12-14, 22:38   Link #72
Dralha

Ep 11: LOL Caramel...

Spoiler:

Now I'm gonna have to try madeleines...
Old 2009-12-25, 15:43   Link #73
yongshun

episode 12 wow an episode where the sweet spirits did not show up at all. Nice episode really like the music in this one.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 13:47   Link #74
FireChick

I saw episode 12 yesterday and it was great!

Spoiler:
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 01:35   Link #75
yongshun

Ep13 is out and lol at the dropout trio. Now I wonder what that dirty spoon is all about.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-01-04, 19:50   Link #76
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

funny how she still has it after leaving that place

lol I thought that was the ghost of christmas future at first glance
Old 2010-01-17, 01:32   Link #77
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I really like the small part at the end of each episode. I learnt to make cake and cookies myself back at school, but watching a real pro is just incredible. Very cool. >_<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 16:45   Link #78
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep 15 raw, and the beat goes on. Why does this show so often leave my eyes glistening? Sweet in every way. I liked the preview, too....
Old 2010-01-19, 02:00   Link #79
yongshun

Just watched episode 14 Poor Ichigo all that intense training to bake cakes. The student council president is such a nice person giving Ichigo encouragement even through she might have to compete against her. Love the preview where Ichigo was about to hit that guy with that pan only to have the princes take her away at the end and from the preview I guess she made it in time.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-01-31, 06:01   Link #80
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Is there any rose cake left for people late in joining the party?

Maybe it was because I needed my fill of cute children's anime after Sugar Sugar Rune (another one with sweetness in the name =_=), but I warmed up to this one really easily. Sure, it's chees-, err, sugary and safe, the theme songs give me cavities, and I don't even like sweets, but that's okay.

I'm watching it on CR as a non-member, so my latest episode is episode 16, and it's the best yet!

They won the contest fair and square of course, with Ichigo's ideas and Hanabusa's rose theme, but that's a side affair to the main appeal of the episode; namely, the romance! Kashino saving Ichigo from the pond, Hanabusa pecking on the cheek, and the boys' perturbed reaction (even Andou?) -- cute moments with delicious subtexts that our innocent heroine is completely oblivious of, naturally.

I kind of know Kashino's going to win out -- his type always does -- but I kind of not care and is cheering for poor Hanabusa with his questionable rep problem, as long as they have fun making sweets all the way through. Next episode looks like it's going to be a fill-in between the Grand Prix arcs though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, ribon, shoujo