AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-31, 14:38   Link #81
Dralha

Rose cake sounds interesting...

I know this series involves some sort of CCG, but what they really need to do is publish a recipe book: a manga recipe book.

Ep's 15 & 16 were well-done. It had its ups and downs as it went from...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-31, 18:18   Link #82
yongshun

ah hell hilarity ensues when in episode 16 and that is always good.
Spoiler:

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 03:55   Link #83
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've thought of leaving this show behind a couple of times. I think: oh, they just keep repeating little friendship stories and mutual support and baking contests. And that feeling stays with me for about five minutes at the beginning of an episode -- but then I end up being won over again and again, week after week.

Episode 21 was another winner -- just as ep20 was. I like all the voice-acting -- especially hearing Yuuki Aoi do Ichigo when I have heard her doing the totally different character of Mina Tepes in Vampire Bund just three days before. But I was particularly struck with some of the voicing of the character Lemon-chan in episodes 20 and 21 -- and then discovered it was voiced by Ise Mariya, who did Touka in Touka Gettan, Cure Lemonade in Precure 5, Tanarot in Macademi Wasshoi, and is Nemuru in Ookamikakushi. Another real talent.

@Dralha -- There is a Recipe Book that looks as if it would be useful. And there is a "Lesson Book" that is meant to show simple ways of making sweets. And there is a growing ancillary products page, with all kinds of things, like the cards and books to hold them, a new DS game, an apron, etc., etc. And there is a manga, although I don't know what it's like.

Battle Spirits (at 3%+) continues to beat this show in the early Sunday-morning ratings, but Yumeiro is still hovering around 2% of the audience, which is something, and it is clearly just a small part of a larger marketing franchise for Konami, so I envisage it continuing for a while. Jewelpet gets decidedly worse ratings later Sunday mornings (1%+), and it is starting its second year.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-02-28 at 12:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 13:27   Link #84
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
@Dralha -- There is a Recipe Book that looks as if it would be useful. And there is a "Lesson Book" that is meant to show simple ways of making sweets. And there is a growing ancillary products page, with all kinds of things, like the cards and books to hold them, a new DS game, an apron, etc., etc. And there is a manga, although I don't know what it's like.
Very cool! ...too bad I can't read Japanese. Maybe they'll eventually translate it, but until then, there's Joy of Baking.
Old 2010-03-20, 10:04   Link #85
FireChick

Hey! I just saw episode 20 and does anyone know the seiyuus for the members of Team Lemon? Their voices sound familiar to me though I can't put my finger on who they remind me of!

And speaking of Team Lemon...ONE OF THE MEMBERS IS A GENDERBENT VERSION OF KALLEN STADFELD!!!

Last edited by FireChick; 2010-03-26 at 13:31.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 23:28   Link #86
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Hey! I just saw episode 21 and does anyone know the seiyuus for the members of Team Lemon? Their voices sound familiar to me though I can't put my finger on who they remind me of!

And speaking of Team Lemon...ONE OF THE MEMBERS IS A GENDERBENT VERSION OF KALLEN STADFELD!!!
Here they are from the end-credits, if I have got the right characters (role first, seiyuu second, with names in Japanese order):

Yamagishi Remon (Lemon) -- Ise Mariya (Cure Lemonade in Precure5, Touka in Touka Gettan, Tanarot in Macademi Wasshoi, Nemuru in Ookamikakushi)

Morino Kenichi -- Shikawa Rina (her first role; an idol talent with Happy!Style, Ogura Yui's agency -- Ogura played Ringo in the kindergarten episode).

Hayashi Nikuras (Nicholas) -- Murata Taishi (a young seiyuu; this may be his first role)

Kujou Mantarou -- Fujita Yoshinori (he is an older seiyuu; if the fourth member of the group doesn't speak, this is another role and not one of the group)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-03-21, 04:41   Link #87
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man, at the rate this series is going, it's becoming one of my favorite cooking themed anime of all time. Yes, even edging out Yakitate Japan.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:36   Link #88
FireChick

Quote:
Kujou Mantarou -- Fujita Yoshinori (he is an older seiyuu; if the fourth member of the group doesn't speak, this is another role and not one of the group)
I thought he sounded familiar! But I assumed he was voiced by Kishio Daisuke. I guess I was wrong. Yes!
Old 2010-03-21, 15:16   Link #89
yongshun

Caramel is really starting to become my favorite fairy just because she is the goofiest one of the four and her dance sequence in the the ending really looked like she was dancing beside cafe'

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 13:34   Link #90
FireChick

Episode 21 was soooo cute! But the only thing that turned me off was the constant Ichigo abuse. I'm starting to dislike Kashino now. I mean, come on! I know Ichigo messed up the jelly and stuff, but it's not like she wanted it to happen! It's not like wanted her own team to lose (which they didn't)! He could at least have some faith in her for crying out loud! Even the fairies scolded her! That made me mad. Other than that, it was great! The maccha gateau was awesome!
Old 2010-03-27, 20:43   Link #91
Dralha

Ep 25: Fierce competition!

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-28, 09:28   Link #92
Casshern

Well the preview had pretty much given it away anyway, and Kashino's attitude during the pre-exam phase was a grim foreshadowing.

Overall team Ichigo as a whole was entirely out of character, considering how they had won the previous contests due to their focus on the themes of family and friendship, even when they were outmatched in terms of skill.

For them to depend entirely on Kashino's skill and tack on the theme as an afterthought goes against the mentality they had before. Not to mention that their team-work failed, which was the only steady and reliable factor from the start, and it's what helped them overcome every obstacle so far. The change in the team's character seemed very contrived.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:20   Link #93
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
...Overall team Ichigo as a whole was entirely out of character, considering how they had won the previous contests due to their focus on the themes of family and friendship, even when they were outmatched in terms of skill. For them to depend entirely on Kashino's skill and tack on the theme as an afterthought goes against the mentality they had before. Not to mention that their team-work failed, which was the only steady and reliable factor from the start, and it's what helped them overcome every obstacle so far. The change in the team's character seemed very contrived.
It was the wrong approach, and did seem weird, but it didn't feel that contrived to me after I thought about it. Kashino has always been unstable, really. The princess threw him out of his comfort zone, and back to his worse self, crabby and proud (and inwardly insecure). It can happen.

FireChick's post about ep21 shows that he has had that side for a long time. I hate it in anime when the guys verbally abuse the girls in the superior way Kashino can do to Ichigo, or Naoki did to Kotoko in Itazura na Kiss.
Old 2010-03-28, 16:45   Link #94
Casshern

I don't think he's more unstable than the others in his group. If anything you can pretty much count on him to be crabby and proud, at least that's what I think. Looking back at the previous two rounds both Hanabusa and Andou had "lost it" against something they hadn't encountered before, but because the rest of the team was there they managed to overcome their problem. This time it felt like the team wasn't there for Kashino, as if they all thought "since it's Kashino it'll be ok".
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 19:17   Link #95
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
...This time it felt like the team wasn't there for Kashino, as if they all thought "since it's Kashino it'll be ok".
Good point. Maybe it's like they had so much respect for his ability -- and fear of his crabbiness -- that they forgot to give him human support.
Old 2010-03-31, 21:44   Link #96
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've done a big blog post about Yuuki Aoi (the voice of Ichigo). It includes a pic of her with a couple of cast members (Vanilla and Kashino), and also a link to a pic of the strawberry (ichigo)-patterned headphones she bought. I was amazed at how much info and how many pics and videos of her there were around. Including one video from when she was ten and a regular on a TV show.
Old 2010-04-01, 04:49   Link #97
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've done a big blog post about Yuuki Aoi (the voice of Ichigo). It includes a pic of her with a couple of cast members (Vanilla and Kashino), and also a link to a pic of the strawberry (ichigo)-patterned headphones she bought. I was amazed at how much info and how many pics and videos of her there were around. Including one video from when she was ten and a regular on a TV show.
She's wicked good, is what she is. Best magical girl lead in a long time.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 06:25   Link #98
FireChick

...is it just me, or is Yumeiro Patissiere gonna be more than just 26 episodes?
Old 2010-04-01, 15:04   Link #99
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
...is it just me, or is Yumeiro Patissiere gonna be more than just 26 episodes?
According to ANN, they're gonna do 38.
Old 2010-04-01, 16:58   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Japanese Wikipedia claims that it is scheduled for 50 episodes.

Shoboi Calendar goes up to ep38 airing on June 27, but 38 eps is a rather strange number, and this is the kind of show that could just stretch on and on, if the toys and games keep selling. Those one-year kids' shows can extend to two years, etc. As Jewelpet is about to do.

And recent TV ratings for Yumepati have been circling around 2.5%, up from the 2.0% average they had before. Those ratings are over twice as good as Jewelpet's, even if they don't quite equal those of the show Yumepati is on opposite, Battle Spirits.

Just for fun, here's a pic from Taketatsu Ayana's blog (she plays Vanilla) of her with life-size figures for Vanilla and Ichigo, at last weekend's Tokyo Anime Fair:

Ayana said that seeing the life-size "stuffed toy" of Vanilla made her very happy. She went up to it and said: "Heeey! Are you Vanilla? I'm Vanilla, too!"

EDIT: I'd like to recommend the first episode of the new show Kaichou wa Maid-sama, which just started today. I really enjoyed it. Lead guy is played by Okamoto Nobuhiko (Kashino in Yumepati).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-01 at 18:40.

Tags
cooking, ribon, shoujo