AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-05-18, 03:11   Link #141
Langus
Optimus Prime

If Spielburg himself managed to bugger up Indiana Jones 4 I have little hope for Bleach...
Old 2010-05-19, 20:22   Link #142
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Maybe they can get Zac Efron to play Ichigo.

Or has that joke been made already?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:43   Link #143
wing 00

i dnot really know y there makeing a live action monster movie cause i dont think its to good of a show and if i had to guess id say this will be like blood the last vampire and dragonball evolution not as good as it should be
Old 2010-05-20, 12:38   Link #144
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
If Spielburg himself managed to bugger up Indiana Jones 4 I have little hope for Bleach...
I'd have faith...since Bleach has lolphysics and Indiana Jones had the nuke fridge ;p
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 21:22   Link #145
Randumo24
Banned

Get Stallone, he did a good job directing Rambo.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 00:21   Link #146
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
if there's a good script and director, you never know since that was something DB:E lacked
they will shop it around, i think any good director that has made a name for himself/herself will more then likely pass it up based on the fact its a "kids" movie.

or at least a agent will tell their client that. they will go down the list of movies like this that failed and if you are starting out directing, could be a career killer if its so bad, its the butt of jokes from 2012-2020.

look at who directed battlefield earth, i still dont think that guy gets offered jobs
Old 2010-05-21, 00:59   Link #147
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

poor sap...and the writer of the book ended up creating Scientology.
Old 2010-06-08, 16:49   Link #148
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

cmon they practically look like twins!
Spoiler for MANGA!:

And now he can be a credible candidate because of his little stint in prince of persia.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-06-08 at 16:50. Reason: Added spoiler tag!
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:48   Link #149
Kyo Seki

im usually a lurker...

But the people saying that the characters are in no way asian/japanese because they have big eyes are, frankly, being racist and stereotyping.

Asians do not all have tiny eyes.....
And last i checked white people do not have enormous eyes either...

Asians tend to have different shaped eyelids and brow structures, not eye size. No body in real life has eyes that as big as the characters in bleach. Bottom line all the characters are not meant to look realistic. Artists haven't drawn realistically since the invention of cartoons; it's called art style, an artistic touch, abstract style, etc.

If you know anything about the history of cartoons, you would know there have always been "default" character faces. By that i mean plain looking faces with unproportioned eyes, they do this because its hard to make emotion show on a 2d character without extra large eyes. They draw like this in japan as well, but even more extremely. Problem with this is that some caucasians think that "default" face has to be white because in american cartoons other races(especially asians) are drawn stereotypically. It's sad that even in this day and age some people simply cannot accept the concept of art style and would rather stick to their stereotypical views of people.

And no not all Japanese people wish they look white. Just like in America there is a minority that are especially interested in the opposite culture, its not every body. Common stereotypes for caucasions in japan and other asian countries are that they are all hook nosed, blond, or fat. We know this isn't always true, but there are a portion of asians that believe this. Just like how there is a portion of whites who think all asians have tiny eyes.

Rant over.

The general rule is that all characters in Japanese anime are japanese, unless stated otherwise (in words or blatantly obvious allusions). Just like how in western comics/cartoons where characters should be assumed caucasian unless stated otherwise. Batman has looked asian to me all my life, but i know he's white because of context.

Last edited by Kyo Seki; 2010-06-10 at 01:12.
Kyo Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:32   Link #150
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

i've never understood how these arguments start

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 17:41   Link #151
Hisagi_Shuuhei

I don't have high hopes for this movie although I am very interested when it comes to actors and the story.

Hollywood already prooved they can't transform japanese gold to American gold.
Just look how they (literally) screwed up the Godzilla-movie.

All they had to do there was to make 1 (or 2) cgi monster(s), some crappy story and mimic some abilities - and voilà!
Old 2010-06-18, 22:36   Link #152
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

The moment they start walking/running on air it is over for me.... I know there is a lot of walking/fighting in mid air in Bleach but the manga can pull it off cause it looks like they are actually standing on something..... but when it comes to live action, actors simply can't avoid the fact that their feet are dangling in mid air and they have nothing to stand on therefore their movements look horribly fake and awkward.... kinda like a puppet.

The solution I propose to them Hollywood directors and Asian film makers is to use green-screen on the floor too, that way the actors are standing on something and the running/fighting in mid air sequences won't look so odd...
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 17:09   Link #153
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo Seki View Post
The general rule is that all characters in Japanese anime are japanese, unless stated otherwise (in words or blatantly obvious allusions). Just like how in western comics/cartoons where characters should be assumed caucasian unless stated otherwise. Batman has looked asian to me all my life, but i know he's white because of context.
we pretty much know that Ichigo, his family and real world friends are Japanese, with the exception of Chad, who is Mexican.

Quote:
Just like how in western comics/cartoons where characters should be assumed caucasian unless stated otherwise. Batman has looked asian to me all my life, but i know he's white because of context
did you really need context to know that Bruce Wayne is white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
The solution I propose to them Hollywood directors and Asian film makers is to use green-screen on the floor too, that way the actors are standing on something and the running/fighting in mid air sequences won't look so odd...
Pretty sure they were gonna do a green screen anyways.
Old 2010-06-19, 17:27   Link #154
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post

Pretty sure they were gonna do a green screen anyways.
Yes, but they don't seem to know when/where to use it.... for instance, have you seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Or True Legend? or Blood: The last Vampire?

In all 3 movies there is people fighting in mid air and green screen is used but in those fighting sequences they suspend the actors with wires and so their feet are dangling in mid air so those fighting sequences look very odd. If they would only use green screen on the floor those fighting sequences would be way WAY better...

I outta visit these "directors" and special effects people to show them how to use a dam green screen for mid-air-fights properly ....
Old 2010-06-20, 17:52   Link #155
Gin
*Artist

The only movie I saw of the above 3 is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and I thought all the mid air scenes looked fantastic, the characters weren't supposed to be standing in mid air, they were jumping through it. Why would the ruin those scenes by adding more cgi?
Old 2010-06-20, 20:28   Link #156
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Yeah CG is not the best solution but a green-screen-floor is. This is what I am talking about:

See: 0:24; 2:28.... she goes from one bamboo branch to another but there is only air in between... she acts as tho as if she is walking/running on air but that part comes across very odd because there is obviously nothing beneath her feet to stand on, the parts where they jump and walk on water also look odd... My solution would have been to make her land on one branch and then use momentum to propel herself to the next branch without the "wobbly feet" action in between

This is where anime comes on top, check this ichigo vs Grimy fight in mid air so u'll see what I am talking about:

Watch > 0:44 ... he is in mid air yet it seems like he is standing on something. This makes the scene look way cooler and the effect can be easily replicated using a green-screen-floor.

BUT the best example comes at 2:27... where Grimmy is showing off with his Bruce-lee moves (in mid air). Imagine an actor trying to do the same but being suspended with cables instead of standing on a green screen floor... the poor actor would look (and feel) like a puppet.

The scene at 7:44 where Grimmy and Tousen "walk in mid air" back into hueco mundo through that garganta could also be closely replicated without the use of cables or CG ...again using a green screen floor...(except for the garganta thing)

Don't get me wrong tho... there are impossible things that Anime can pull off and Live action movies just can't ( CG for those instances perhaps?) but still ... the green screen floor could be used to make those mid air fighting sequences look more natural and put an end to that "wobbly feet" syndrome I keep seeing in certain Martial Arts-themed movies.

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-06-20 at 20:42.
Old 2010-06-20, 20:43   Link #157
Gin
*Artist

You just had to link the dub didn't you?

I don't see what you are complaining about, at 0:24 she is running on the tree branches and the water parts look good to me. I don't really disagree with you about the green floors perhaps being something to consider for the Bleach movie, I just think you should take CTHD of that list.
Old 2010-06-20, 20:56   Link #158
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
You just had to link the dub didn't you?
Thats the first one I found on Youtube.. I would have liked to find a better quality source but I work with what I find...

Quote:
I don't see what you are complaining about, at 0:24 she is running on the tree branches and the water parts look good to me. I don't really disagree with you about the green floors perhaps being something to consider for the Bleach movie, I just think you should take CTHD of that list.
Yeah there are parts where she walks on the branches but when the camera changes the angle it becomes obvious that she is trying to "run on air" instead of jumping from one branch to the other.

Let me put it this way...Naruto .... there is a lot of tree-hugging ... I mean tree jumping scenes in that anime... how would u feel if you saw the anime characters moving their feet (just like the actors in live action movies) when they jumped from tree branch to tree branch? I would look very odd... thats what I am referring to in all those movies..... I know that is not a deal breaker for lots of people but I would rather watch CG than wobbly feet.

I am not a Matrix freak but.. u know, the fighting sequences in mid air (Neo v Smith) were pretty dam good and that was mostly CG... ...
Old 2010-06-22, 01:51   Link #159
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:

Let me put it this way...Naruto .... there is a lot of tree-hugging ... I mean tree jumping scenes in that anime... how would u feel if you saw the anime characters moving their feet (just like the actors in live action movies) when they jumped from tree branch to tree branch? I would look very odd... thats what I am referring to in all those movies..... I know that is not a deal breaker for lots of people but I would rather watch CG than wobbly feet.

I am not a Matrix freak but.. u know, the fighting sequences in mid air (Neo v Smith) were pretty dam good and that was mostly CG... ...
Would it? I mean as long as they jumped consistently I don't think it would be very noticeable. I've personally never jump from tree branch to tree branch, but I imagine if I had to that I would be flailing my legs around. All I'm saying is that either way would work. You have a point about in air fight scenes though. And that will be CGI most likely.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 05:07   Link #160
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Yes, but they don't seem to know when/where to use it.... for instance, have you seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Or True Legend? or Blood: The last Vampire?

In all 3 movies there is people fighting in mid air and green screen is used but in those fighting sequences they suspend the actors with wires and so their feet are dangling in mid air so those fighting sequences look very odd. If they would only use green screen on the floor those fighting sequences would be way WAY better...

I outta visit these "directors" and special effects people to show them how to use a dam green screen for mid-air-fights properly ....

It may not be perfect, but that didn't stop CTHD to win a shit ton of awards. They know what they're doing, it's just you don't like the style.

copy pasta time:

Wire fu is an element of Hong Kong action cinema. It is a combination of two terms: "wire work" and "kung fu". Wire fu is used to describe a sub-genre of Kung-Fu movies where the stuntmen skill is augmented with the use of wires and pulleys, as well as other techniques, in many cases to perform stunts and give the illusion of super-human ability.

Also...good CG doesn't come cheap...

Though American made and doesn't use wire-fu, Ninja Assassin was sweet

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2010-06-22 at 05:35.