AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 15:05   Link #7661
kitten320

So Lucy still lost? That's lame... especially the fact that 2 master didn't notice hair when it was right next to them!
Old 2012-02-24, 15:13   Link #7662
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

LOLLERCAKES! Lucy losing was 100% guaranteed.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 15:45   Link #7663
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
honestly Mashima... do you want to make a RAGE arc???? now I'm fired up as well....
And I'm apathetic. It's hard to take this competition seriously when the cheating is that blatant, and the judges see nothing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 15:51   Link #7664
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So Lucy still lost? That's lame... especially the fact that 2 master didn't notice hair when it was right next to them!
Why should they notice hair? Its not like this series is known to have people go "ooh i sense someones magic" I bet the people surrounding the little girl where emitting more magic than the hair strands where. This is a huge tournament with thousands of mages all of the place. Be tough to notice some "hair"
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 16:07   Link #7665
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Why should they notice hair? Its not like this series is known to have people go "ooh i sense someones magic" I bet the people surrounding the little girl where emitting more magic than the hair strands where. This is a huge tournament with thousands of mages all of the place. Be tough to notice some "hair"
To be fair, it wasn't just "some hair" it was a tentacle like hair wriggling at 3ft off the ground. It's even more curious that the people standing behind her didn't even notice.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 16:33   Link #7666
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And I'm apathetic. It's hard to take this competition seriously when the cheating is that blatant, and the judges see nothing.
The judges see nothing? Did you not see that scowl ol' Yajima had after Flare "won"?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 16:40   Link #7667
sergel02

Oh the nerdrage in me right now. Still, her loss wasn't as big of an embarrassment as Gray's defeat. I wish Mashima would throw her a bone and let her win without anyone saving her or helping her out. She was saved by Loki in her fight with Bickslow and hibiki helped her against Angel.

Then again, if she had one this, it would be cuz of Natsu's help. Anyway, glad to see her fight well and its cool she can still use that spell.

I just hope this arc doesn't turn into the giant cliche of "Underdogs lose every match and all of a sudden they take the trophy towards the end by beating everyone."

I bet you Natsu will win his tho. Since he always wins.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 16:58   Link #7668
orangejuicetang

I'm somewhat curious/confused about exactly what Raven Tail's goal is. Well, currently it seems like they just want to sort of embrass Fairy Tail, but also like Mavis said, if that was all, while sure it would be something, it seems somewhat petty to be their final goal. After all, going into the tourney they were already ranked last, so it's not like anything drastic really changes, like the last place is forced to disband or anything. I'd thought they maybe somehow try to destroy Fairy Tail, but in an all-out brawl between Raven Tail and Fairy Tail, considering the current situation and Flare's power, it doesn't really seem like Raven Tail has the strength for that either. Or maybe it'll turn out that Flare's the weakest of the Raven Tail members, because otherwise Raven Tail's really not going to be all it's hyped out to be.

On a seperate note, I just realized that I'm more interested in seeing the B-team members fights as opposed to the A-team member fights, since in general the B-team members were the ones who theoritically have spend the last three months training as opposed to the A-team members 'get a powerup from Urtear that should equal three months of training'. Exceptions are Elfman on A team who should have been training, and Juvia on B team who got the powerup.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 18:24   Link #7669
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
The judges see nothing? Did you not see that scowl ol' Yajima had after Flare "won"?
Doesn't matter if they see nothing or they "see nothing". It's all the same in the end.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 18:30   Link #7670
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Doesn't matter if they see nothing or they "see nothing". It's all the same in the end.
Right. If their reaction actually brought some resolution to this cheating then it might have counted as something, but for now, for them to ''know'' isn't even worth mentioning. But I guess we will see.
Old 2012-02-24, 19:19   Link #7671
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
On some further thought... Yeah, I wonder if Yajima is going to talk to FT and let his feelings known. He had to have detected something. Either that, or he's going to be watching Raven Tail vs. FT matches much more closely.

I think RT was cheating during the Hidden portion, too, which would be how that one guy kept finding Gray. In fact, I think this is Ivan's goal: he wants to thoroughly demolish and humiliate FT, and will stop at nothing. I have a feeling he was at least partially responsible for FT's much-diminished status in the 7 year gap, too.

Anyway, we haven't seen hide-nor-hair of Gajeel yet, which is odd... unless he is gathering information on RT's cheating, and will expose it later., thereby rendering all of RT's points null and void, and possibly giving them to FT.

One last thought.... given the number of events and fights, I foresee People like Gray and Lucy getting the chance for payback.

But I still think that, given the impressive magic being used for tournament events, they should be able to detect cheating. If they can't detect outside magic interference, then this tourney would be rife with cheating by now. So, either RT's cheating is really that good, or the tourney organizers are aware of it, and choosing not to do anything about it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 21:26   Link #7672
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yajima knows that Lucy's spell was broken by some outside force but he has no *proof* that it was a Raven Tail member that did it. There are several in the tourny that are probably able to negate a spell like that so if he blames Raven Tail for it with no proof, it looks bad on him as a judge to do so.

Yes, we can say that Raven Tail had probable cause to do so but saying that would be based off circumstances and conjecture. As a judge, his hands are tied. Theoretically, I think that original Mystogun could have done a negate as well but that's beside the point...

I don't think that sort of magic can be easily traced as well. Also, there are too many powerful magical users in the vicinity. Unless it has a visible 'recoil' from use, I don't think it can be traced easily unless you know the person who can use it. A fire spell is tracable from point of origin, like most elemental spells. That guy performed the negation spell without any visible indication of him doing so - that takes some crazy skill. Everyone is so used to making a motion in conjunction with a spell cast that to cast a spell without moving is probably harder than what most people give credit for.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:27   Link #7673
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Kinda sucks that Lucy lost but well as Natsu said ...This just gives rise for the opportunity for them [Her & Gray] to kick twice as much ass later on!

And i was actually impressed that Lucy was able to use that spell :x According to the Hibiki [Archive User] from Blue Pegasus thats a one-off super strong magic spell and she only used it once during the Nirvana arc and now she's able to use it.

All i'm saying is that i guess i underestimated Lucy, gotta admit that much.
Old 2012-02-25, 09:04   Link #7674
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yajima knows that Lucy's spell was broken by some outside force but he has no *proof* that it was a Raven Tail member that did it. There are several in the tourny that are probably able to negate a spell like that so if he blames Raven Tail for it with no proof, it looks bad on him as a judge to do so.
Oh, I don't think he knows Raven Tail did it, but if the spell was interrupted during a match against an RT opponent, well, it doesn't take much to at least consider them a suspect. Thus mt line about him watching RT members more closely (to gain the evidence).

Dunno about difficulty in "tracing" the spell, as we have no evidence either way. But given magic, I'd daresay there is some sort of spell that could be cast to detect something like outside magic use. Even if Yajima doesn't know it, I'd gather he'd be aware of the possibility.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 09:30   Link #7675
zerodragon

it sucks lucy lost, but wow her growth is great with her using that spell.

the way I see it is lucy will get her rematch in an event later, and gray will get his in a battle.

it seem that the rival battles are being set up, I wonder who will be the one to defeat the guy drained magic from lucy and wendy. It is going to be great.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 10:46   Link #7676
Animecentred

Okay I really want some of the crowd to die. preferably in a horrific and mutilating fashion for taking the mick out off Lucy :P

ALso I keep laughing at how the crowd take teh mick out of Fairy Tail but I am pretty sure none of them could do better (here's hoping fairy tail do their specialty and destroy the stadium)
Old 2012-02-25, 12:57   Link #7677
immblueversion

It's chapters like this that really make you want to love Natsu. There are moments where he does seem like some kind of invincible hero who almost always steals the spotlight in the end, but he's still an awesome guy at heart who really embodies the spirit of the guild when he puts his friends first. He's like the kind of person who'll still be your friend even if you have the whole world as your enemy.

Old 2012-02-25, 14:04   Link #7678
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I can't believe I raged this much at this current arc...

Damn, I hope they will make an epic comeback later

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 15:04   Link #7679
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I can't believe I raged this much at this current arc...

Damn, I hope they will make an epic comeback later
Trust me, by the end of this arc, a certain few pricks from a certain massive audience are gonna rethink who deserves to be considered the "number one" guild in the land.

Old 2012-02-25, 20:34   Link #7680
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Lucy deserved to win that, but was really surprised that Natsu, of all people didn't make a big fuss and go guns blazin'.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen