AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 08:55   Link #421
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post

Spoiler for US in the Post Alt world:
My hope for humankind have suddenly grown.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 20:48   Link #422
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Except that isn't the Takemi a really complicated pain in the ass o build, resulting in only 30 airframes a year?

Unless Japanese production can ramp up.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 20:54   Link #423
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Except that isn't the Takemi a really complicated pain in the ass o build, resulting in only 30 airframes a year?

Unless Japanese production can ramp up.
Oh you bet they did...

The Floor Is Covered With Takemes

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 21:29   Link #424
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh you bet they did...

So much 00Cs. Maybe they can be sold to other countries, but I bet the maintenance to keep them running will cost a fortune. 00R will definitely remain as exclusive considering how special those units are.

Spoilers
Spoiler for impressions regarding that scene from Adoration
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 21:47   Link #425
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for impressions regarding that scene from Adoration
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So much win.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 01:11   Link #426
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Oh you bet they did...

With that much Takemes,you can rule the Earth and another with relatively ease...if you can maintain them
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 01:17   Link #427
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

@ Silv they did testing for an export version as per the TSFiA, so ya, probably sold them overseas.

They also did probably outsourced the parts for the Type 00C variants at least to other countries, and produce parts for the 00F variant themselves to swap, in order for mass production, like what IRL US did for their Tanks and Guns parts, made in China. The Type-00R would still be fully domestic.

In IRL news, the man who killed F-22 mass purchase project, Obama won the elections. Banzai!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-11-07 at 02:18.
Old 2012-11-07, 03:58   Link #428
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Btw, talking about the F-22, link leads to a forum post quoting an article on the F-22 acquisition. Interesting reading.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-07, 04:52   Link #429
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
So glad he can't affect my beloved TSF....

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 11:19   Link #430
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Here comes AMT with you dose of "Don't get your hopes too up":

Spoiler for Takemis and Takamizations:

Keeping it grimdark people. No need to thank me.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 11:37   Link #431
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Assuming that America behaves more like it did IRL, I'd expect them to be the only people not making export versions of their TSFs that are weaker. (Typhoon is not yet being exported anywhere atm.)

Throughout the Cold War, where America was exporting freedom all over the place (especially with the teen fighters in the 80s), export fighters were, as best as I can see, not that much markedly different from home use fighters. Contrast the monkey models the Soviets sold.

Also, while the Imperial Royal Guard undoubtedly have some fine and decent people, they can, as a general rule, go eat shit.

Also,isn't it sad, IJN? You're the only navy in the world that's still using the Gekishit.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-07, 11:42   Link #432
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Since Japanese Empire is very much alive here (and history shows how much they trust their "allies" if rampant exploitation of Indonesia and making a unique rifle caliber just for their native force), I'd imagine Japan does the good 'ol monkey export.

America reminds me a bit of Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 - they're complete jerks and wanna be heroes, but they're hilarious.

And let's be honest, if you were in their shoes, you would be doing exactly same thing.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:12   Link #433
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'd probably try not to be too much of a douche. And no selling of monkey models.

On the other hand, havta admit that CIA's manipulation of domestic elements was win win; if they don't take the bait, nothing lost; if they do, great, they're all in one place where we can take them out and show up the Japs.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-07, 12:18   Link #434
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

We're in your house, playing your politics.

Spoiler for For TDA::

The scary part was that Soviets did something similar in their territories (irl) and it worked brilliantly. Create your own opposition so that you can destroy it at any time.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:39   Link #435
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I thought that was
Spoiler for The girl on the ship:

Also, I wonder where LTC Iwaya stands. All the times I've seen him, he's wearing IJA service greens, not the IG uniform. But then he was the chief test pilot for the Zuikaku and used it to school two F-15Cs... Oh, right, designer's brother-in-law. Still, if he's IJA, that explains why he isn't being YAMATO DAMASHII around Yui, lol.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-10, 04:40   Link #436
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
As Goose said, US Army doctrine is Fast In Faster Out, to prevent losses, quick strike attacks at maximum stand off ranges. Of course, this doesn't help with holding ground or taking it, as BETAs just ignore losses and push forward (No need to mention Hive combat). So basically US doctrine is best used to provide support for other forces that are holding the line on the ground. If they ever have to stand their ground in close combat with BETA they would be fked.
I just realised - this mirrors USAF doctrine of the late 90s/early 00s, where it was believed that airpower was everything and you didn't need ground forces.

Huh. The more you know.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-13, 17:46   Link #437
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Its not that everyone else is only CQC, everyone has more or less the same ranged weapons as the US, and CQC options on top. Its the US that declined the CQC options, using only combat knives in melee, and they train that only ever in TSF vs TSF combat.

As Goose said, US Army doctrine is Fast In Faster Out, to prevent losses, quick strike attacks at maximum stand off ranges. Of course, this doesn't help with holding ground or taking it, as BETAs just ignore losses and push forward (No need to mention Hive combat). So basically US doctrine is best used to provide support for other forces that are holding the line on the ground. If they ever have to stand their ground in close combat with BETA they would be fked.

That being said, no TSF forces would fight alone without supporting forces from Artillery and Obital Resupply, so if Laser Class are present, a bombardment of heavy metal shells first to diffuse the lasers can be expected. Then it would rely on the TSFs ability to dodge laser fire with random movements while moving in, which most Gen 3 and 2.5 TSFs can do.

Spoiler for US in the Post Alt world:
I believe your spoiler is incorrect.

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 22:35   Link #438
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I believe your spoiler is incorrect.

Spoiler:
Do refer to TSFiA #14. There is no english translation at the moment, but here is the chinese one. http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6150892401015g5c.html

Read the article on the Take as well http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Type-00_Takemikazuchi

Spoiler for TSF in Japan post Ouka:

Old 2012-11-15, 02:01   Link #439
Key Board
Carbon

I don't understand Chinese, so I'll leave it at that

The TDA sidestory is too much of a gag for me to consider it to be canon.
Might as well consider Ayu's Super Robot TSF as canon if that is canon.

and by the top brass being disgruntled, as I paraphrase:

Even though they are UN pilots, the reformed Valkyries are still Japanese. So they have a sense of nationalism in them and they would like to stick up for their country is possible. This is not conjecture, it's explicitly said this way in the TSFia

So they are in fact, mildly ashamed to report to their supervisor that the Type 04 handles so well in the test. That's essentially saying that the best thing for the boots on the ground is something that is foreign made. Again, this is not conjecture, it's explicitly said this way in the TSFia

But if all the test pilots say the same thing, even the top brass will have to accept that the Type 04 is going to be the bread and butter TSF of the the next generations

Everythign I wrote is not conjecture, it's explicitly said this way in the TSFia

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2012-11-15 at 02:14.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 03:36   Link #440
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Um, just a note, that's Munakata's comments on the F-15SEJ Gekkou, the IJA trial variant of the F-15SE Silent Eagle (which is essentially the same thing). Suzumiya Akane and her squadron are trialling the Type-04, aka Shiranui Niigata, aka Yuuya Bridges' One True Waifu.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
military science fiction, visual novel