AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 02:01   Link #2301
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Apparently he's sick with the flu.

Dunno about the rest of you, but he seems to get sick fairly often.
This is legit. There's a crazy flu epidemic going on in Japan right now. Half my schools have had classes cancelled entirely and the staff are getting mandatory tests for the influenza virus. They take that stuff real serious.

If Kubo dies from the flu, I wonder if he'd come back as a ghost writer and finish the manga...
Old 2013-02-07, 17:14   Link #2302
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
This is legit. There's a crazy flu epidemic going on in Japan right now. Half my schools have had classes cancelled entirely and the staff are getting mandatory tests for the influenza virus. They take that stuff real serious.

If Kubo dies from the flu, I wonder if he'd come back as a ghost writer and finish the manga...
He can come back as a shinigami!

Kidding aside, I don't wish the flu on anyone.
Old 2013-02-08, 00:19   Link #2303
Alchemist007
*Author

Had it back in December. Worst reason to take days off work, was a bitchin time.
Old 2013-02-10, 10:49   Link #2304
ergonykto

Am re-watching Bleach, still can't understand why Kubo made and kept a no-personality, dull, boring, plain as cardboard character like Chado and got rid of Grimmjow.
ergonykto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 10:51   Link #2305
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Chad is one of the more bleach-unique characters though.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:28   Link #2306
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergonykto View Post
Am re-watching Bleach, still can't understand why Kubo made and kept a no-personality, dull, boring, plain as cardboard character like Chado and got rid of Grimmjow.
Sado is more of a calm guy with hidden depths much more realistic than a sadist like Grimmjow. The fact that Sado never forced a stronger enemy to face him is a reason why he survives.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 22:14   Link #2307
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Chad is one of the more bleach-unique characters though.
Chad is true ... there is no other person like him in the manga, it is only after (I think) that each character level Bleach characters are unique ... Finally, I think ...
Old 2013-02-10, 23:44   Link #2308
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergonykto View Post
im not surprised he's still around. i'm surprised that kubo hasnt been able to make him relevant or give him a cool story line ever... the fullbring arc was the time for that, but kubo blew it big time. he should have sidelined ichigo and gave chad and inoue their time in the spotlight along with some much-needed character development. but no... just more ichigo
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 23:45   Link #2309
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Sure Chad's unique......in the fact that someone has to basically touch him and the motherf**ker goes down....

Still believe Kubo should've kept him dead after Opie literally filled him full of holes. Inoue too.
Old 2013-02-11, 13:09   Link #2310
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The problem is that "death" in kuboverse is a sort of contradiction. Yeah there's the authors knack for not-killing, but when you think about it, killing them shakes the whole universe apart since you can't just have the dead die.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:58   Link #2311
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The problem is that "death" in kuboverse is a sort of contradiction. Yeah there's the authors knack for not-killing, but when you think about it, killing them shakes the whole universe apart since you can't just have the dead die.
I understand that now....but after what happened in this arc with Byakuya, don't give the impression that someone's dying off in permadeath and then just bring them back like nothing happened. I"m sorry if this sounds dickish, but it's a WAR. Killing off one major and beloved character(besides Yama. Does anyone seriously like Kira?) would've given this arc some depth...not watching a whole bunch of characters get introduced just for the sole purpose of dying by the Quincies, though I figured that was Kubo's way of making sure that no one of the main core of the shinigamis get killed.

It also would've given Rukia some much, much, MUCH needed character development. Poor girl's done shitty since she got promoted. At least Renji seems to be getting some development, but he's worse than Chad in the battle department

Now that I've probaly annoyed everyone, there's something that I've been wondering about lately:

Rukia and Renji seemed like they're the only ones who've might've been seriously wounded(I'm not counting Kira because who the hell knows at this point...) does this mean they're the two weakest vice captains around? I mean, I would've thought pretty much ALL of the VCS would've been killed off with the way the Quincies are. We know Isane, Nanao and Yachirou JR were all fine; what happened to Matsumoto or Hisagi? Or even the characters we never hear about like Yazuka VC or Nemu?
Old 2013-02-11, 19:58   Link #2312
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Shinsui didn't kill Sado because of his personality and he knew he couldn't have killed Aizen whereas Nnoitra never finished him. About Inoue... she was never in a situation facing death. She still died in the Bleach pilot though.

Sado never gave the impression he was dying unlike Byakuya who had one epic death scene.

About Izuru Kira, I got to like him after Aizen's betrayal since he became friendly and was still rude in a comic way. Not to mention his fight against that Arrancar where he showed extreme coldness. Will Kubo confirm his death is he is made of iron like Hinamori, Hitsugaya and Kenpachi?

Talking about death scenes, how was it that Kaname Tosen died? I mean, is Aizen to blame for whatever happened to him?
Old 2013-02-11, 20:53   Link #2313
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I always got the impression that Aizen made him explode or something.....

As for Kira.....after what happened, anything is possible I guess. This is the same mangaka who's had people chopped in half, have had everything in their chests and ripped arms and still survived....

Anyway...I"m guessing we'll either get the conclusion of Uno and Kenny...or whatever's going on with Ichigo, Renji and the Zanpakuto Ho Harem with A Pimp Named Slickback.
Old 2013-02-12, 11:31   Link #2314
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Talking about death scenes, how was it that Kaname Tosen died? I mean, is Aizen to blame for whatever happened to him?
I think they should have let him die the regular way...ffs...Hisagi stabbed him in his head and released Kazeshini ._.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 21:58   Link #2315
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Not even wikipedia and wikia can explain Tosen's death, lol. At least he could made up with Komamura and Hisagi for his jerkass behaviour when became a Hollow.
Old 2013-02-13, 02:57   Link #2316
Eragon
Still Alive

After reading the latest chapter, Kubo, I got two words for ya..............SUCK IT!!!
Old 2013-02-13, 03:03   Link #2317
SeanQ

What's the power of her bankai o.o

Getting stabbed in the throat a second time will kill her ? Makes suzumebachi look like a joke xD
Old 2013-02-13, 03:05   Link #2318
Calca
Expressionless

The hell did her bankai do? Looks like it melts the flesh of whoever her blood touches? She's become a female Barrigan.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 03:06   Link #2319
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

i think her bankai absorbs blood to make the blade stronger......or weaker seeing as she got stabbed in the throat. I honostly would have rather not have seen her bankai then get this garbage. Next thing you know, ukitake bankais and 2 panels later he dies from coughing.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 03:20   Link #2320
Calca
Expressionless

This is the biggest waste since Yama-ji
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter