Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-02, 22:12   Link #141
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
That'd be logic but it'd also mean Koto can destroy herself everything with her own hands and it doesn't seem the case. Inari gave to Koto a gem in the first episode which looks like her hammer. Koto said she created the hammer in the shrine's lab, there're high chances she used this gem which probably contains some Inari's power and could explain the hammer's power. Another detail : they call the hammer 'Aratama' (アラタマ) meaning raw gem.
I think the gem Inari gave Koto was already the hammer fully formed, just in a really compact size, and that he had gotten it from the lab. And as for Koto being able to destroy things by herself, given the fact that the series is practically jumping around waving signs about the fact that Koto is related to Inari, Lady Koto, or both I think she probably counts as being half from Mirror Kyoto half not (so not really able to destroy things, although with her wielding the hammer it's almost a moot point). That was also emphasized with how she never seem to fit in the Shrine, see everyone whispering about her eyes, her feeling more at home with the lab techs (who don't seem to be human after all), and the fact she was always shown wearing white to contrast with the other character's black clothing (and funny enough half of those statements could apply to Inari as well but he's been hiding his white clothes and red eyes from the rest of Shrine it looks like).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 20:09   Link #142
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think the gem Inari gave Koto was already the hammer fully formed, just in a really compact size, and that he had gotten it from the lab.
She had to make a handle which can be miniaturized as well. However I don't think she modified Yase's pink plush so you may be right after all but I do believe Inari inserted something to help her or the gem reacted to Koto.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And as for Koto being able to destroy things by herself, given the fact that the series is practically jumping around waving signs about the fact that Koto is related to Inari, Lady Koto, or both I think she probably counts as being half from Mirror Kyoto half not (so not really able to destroy things, although with her wielding the hammer it's almost a moot point). That was also emphasized with how she never seem to fit in the Shrine, see everyone whispering about her eyes, her feeling more at home with the lab techs (who don't seem to be human after all), and the fact she was always shown wearing white to contrast with the other character's black clothing (and funny enough half of those statements could apply to Inari as well but he's been hiding his white clothes and red eyes from the rest of Shrine it looks like).
Not sure if it's related otherwise Yakushimaru would be able to destroy everything since he's human and from the outside but I like your observation about clothes, I didn't pay attention to this.
Old 2013-11-04, 19:41   Link #143
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
She had to make a handle which can be miniaturized as well. However I don't think she modified Yase's pink plush so you may be right after all but I do believe Inari inserted something to help her or the gem reacted to Koto.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not sure if it's related otherwise Yakushimaru would be able to destroy everything since he's human and from the outside but I like your observation about clothes, I didn't pay attention to this.
Two things, one the pink plush is a bit odd since, IIRC, that's who Koto was saying "Good Morning!" and "I'm back!" to in the second episode (I think both plushies she has on the hammer started talking in the original OVA actually) and so how it got on the hammer is confusing me a little bit right now. And about Yakushimaru, this week's episode I think will finally expand on his past and why he might still be human but even he isn't who he started out being anymore.
Old 2013-11-06, 13:11   Link #144
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 16:20   Link #145
Kazu-kun

Awesome episode.
Spoiler for Yakushimaru's past:
Old 2013-11-08, 05:01   Link #146
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so next episode is live action?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 10:30   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Excellent episode once again. I was pretty shocked by the ending, I don't recall Yakushimaru ever saying that in the ONAs. I guess he feels like he should have died with his parents a long time ago, or perhaps he's grown weary of his immortal life.
Old 2013-11-08, 11:08   Link #148
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well now, I enjoyed ep 6. There was actually quite a bit to chew on. Myoue is every bit as interesting a chara as his two siblings backstory wise.

I still am not anywhere near as personally invested in this series as Gingitsune and Golden Time, but it really is shaping up and growing on me. Hmm.... maybe like a fungus or something? (This is a positive analogy in my book btw. )
Old 2013-11-08, 23:02   Link #149
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-08, 23:25   Link #150
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

@GDiddy - so it seems.

As for your second question, tbh I am not sure. I have some really out in left field guesses, but that's all they are.
Old 2013-11-09, 00:23   Link #151
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Excellent episode once again. I was pretty shocked by the ending, I don't recall Yakushimaru ever saying that in the ONAs. I guess he feels like he should have died with his parents a long time ago, or perhaps he's grown weary of his immortal life.
Same here, that actually took me a bit by surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
As for your second question, tbh I am not sure. I have some really out in left field guesses, but that's all they are.
Well, nobody can die, nobody can be born, and nothing can be broken in Mirror Kyoto right? Except Koto's hammer seems to be able to miraculously break things for good, although I really don't want the series to end with her bashing in Myoue's head with it. ><
Old 2013-11-09, 00:36   Link #152
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Well, all we know is that as a child Yaku attempted to commit suicide, and Myoe found him not yet dead, and brought the child back to his house, where Lady Koto was.

What is not clear is what happened next. Part of me wonders if Myoe did some thing magical to animate him somehow, like a zombie or some such - I don't know if Myoe coukd do that even, but who knows? If this iscwhat happened then I could certainly see Yaku wanting to die like a human, in a way.

Total guess on my part, though....
Old 2013-11-09, 00:40   Link #153
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
@GDiddy - so it seems.

I sense that Yakushimaru feels as if he really should have died that night he committed seppuku, and everything since then is sort of a cheat. Unlike his siblings he's a human, and he's been alive a very long time - best guesses based on the Myoue historical references and the Hachiko reference is something close to a millennium. Maybe he's just tired of living and bearing all the burdens Inari cast on his shoulders, and he's ready for an end. Mortality is the natural state of human beings, and Mirror Kyoto is not a natural place.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 01:16   Link #154
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

I can totally see that sense of a worn out soul for a human in mirror kyoto. We know Yaku was born a human, at least. What he is now is still a question, for me at least. I wonder if Myoe just saved him through traditional medical means? If so the malaise he is feeling in mirror kyoto makes sense to me. If Myoe saved him through some kind of magical means (like re-animation or some such thing) then the malaise could be even worse. Again, though, the latter is a random guess on my part only - and I am a terrible guesser.

Of course, for all we know there coukd be something else completely different going on that'd we have very little possibility of even knowing b/c it hasn't been shown to the viewers yet....
Old 2013-11-09, 01:36   Link #155
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I wonder how many people in mirror Kyoto is human

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 01:53   Link #156
Hamster

If nothing can be broken in mirror Kyoto, then where are all the new things coming from? I take it trying to make a wooden chair is frustrating as it would just become a tree again.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 13:10   Link #157
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Or if any of them are other than Yaku? For example the red head he's dating. Perhaps that's where he is feeling like he can't make a "real" connection?
Old 2013-11-09, 13:30   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I've been wondering the same. Did they actually bring in real people from the outside or is everybody here a creation of Inari? Yakushimaru's girlfriend seems pretty human to me, but then again, so do Inari's other creations.
Old 2013-11-09, 13:34   Link #159
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'm pretty sure Yakushimaru and Koto are the only actual humans in Mirror Kyoto, even Shoko's underling is one of the digital lab techs from Shrine. And, given that Yakushimaru is at the very least several hundred years old and the only person who seems to know exactly what Koto is is Inari, and he's not telling, who knows if those two even count as human by this point.
Old 2013-11-09, 17:16   Link #160
Kirarakim

Great episode, can't decide of the 3 siblings who I like best they all have interesting stories to tell.

Looking forward to that Kyoto travel episode next week.