AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 18:55   Link #241
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It seems to have evolved this way ---
First season: "coming-of-age initiation (nanoha)", "character-study (fate)"
Second season: "no one is really evil but it is more the goals and methods collide" sort of drama
Third season: primarily action-oriented / focus on the tech (pseudo-mecha)

Yes, those are sweeping generalizations... but thats been the trend from my perspective. The third season description is tentative. We'll just have to see where they put the emphasis.
However, the first episode doesn't seem to imply we're going to get a really deep look at the new characters (action does not equal any subtle character definition or evolution).
I personally think there's a (big) chance you could be right, but, as you say, it's way too early to make anything more than tentative calls. So, for now, I think it's just a case of sit and watch. And, if it turns out you're right, you can say you were the first to call it. But, it's probably the new, generic characters that are the biggest indication that you could be right.

Hopefully, even if it does go down that path, it'll at least make for some entertaining popcorn theatre, ala Mai-Otome.
Old 2007-04-03, 19:03   Link #242
Woden

I'd have to say that given the history of Nanoha, there's actually a fairly good chance that it won't end up like Mai Otome. All of the Nanoha characters have seemed fairly generic at first.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:04   Link #243
Outlaender

Has anyone else noticed that the mysterious pink haired girl in the op animation apparently has a new type of magic seal? I've watched the sequence over and over, and I've become convinced that her seal looks like a _4_ sided version of the Velka seal. At first I thought it _was_ Velka, but I really think it's something new.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:24   Link #244
guess

I thought the author had stated somewhere that this season is going to be emphasized on action? Well, as everyone has noticed, that is the trend of nanoha series. (drama --> action).
I just hope that nanoha is not going to turn into magical girl DBZ version IF there is ever going to be a fourth season.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:35   Link #245
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaender View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the mysterious pink haired girl in the op animation apparently has a new type of magic seal? I've watched the sequence over and over, and I've become convinced that her seal looks like a _4_ sided version of the Velka seal. At first I thought it _was_ Velka, but I really think it's something new.
Saw that too, and it's quite interesting that we'll be getting a third magic type for StrikerS. Unfortunately, until Lutecia (that girl) actually appears, we'll have nothing concrete on how that magic style is different from the two previous styles we have.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:57   Link #246
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
~ And once again over the Racing vs Raging issue if the producers clearyl said it was Racing and not Raging why does it continue to be called Raging in teh anime. Because no matter how you listen to it you clearly hear raging and not racing. Either all ofve their voice actors can't say racing properly or its an otehr problem in teh sort of the one i speculated. In the end this is a deadlock battle. Since both sources are "legit".
You are confounding me here.

What Racing?

The "debate" is between Raising and Raging, except there shouldn't be any debate now since the producers have come out of the woodwork to dispel the confusion.

This is starting to reek of the "The Author Can't Be Right" syndrome. Feel free to disagree with the author, but when it comes to names, what the author decides is set in stone. There shouldn't be any debate.

The fansubber was the one who guessed what the name was in translation. Are you going to take the fansubber's version, or the creator's version?

It just seems absurd to even think about it.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:58   Link #247
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Saw that too, and it's quite interesting that we'll be getting a third magic type for StrikerS. Unfortunately, until Lutecia (that girl) actually appears, we'll have nothing concrete on how that magic style is different from the two previous styles we have.
Well since this series does hint at the usage of very powerful lost logias I guess it is possible to go back even further in history, before the destuction of AlHazard. It will be nice of that girl is an user of the magic system and bring us to the history of Alhazard too, since there only 2 min lecture on the topic ...

but i'm just shooting moonbeans so ignore this .
Old 2007-04-03, 22:31   Link #248
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I think i might have noticed a change. Dunno if it means anything or its just and art charge/issue.

The change is about Nanoha's magic circle. More precisely about the writting in it. In the airport wich is were we only see her circle so far in strikers the writting is much denser or appaers to be denser that in Seasons 1 & 2. Later on we can get a glimps of teana's circle and eth writing appers like normal. How ever teh circler at the point of her graple anchoring appers to be dense.

I dunno if it is me and wanted to ask for what you thought about and to see if you would also like to examine it.
Old 2007-04-03, 22:43   Link #249
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Well since this series does hint at the usage of very powerful lost logias I guess it is possible to go back even further in history, before the destuction of AlHazard. It will be nice of that girl is an user of the magic system and bring us to the history of Alhazard too, since there only 2 min lecture on the topic ...

but i'm just shooting moonbeans so ignore this .

Lets not forget the possiblity that the girl might even be the 'very powerful' lost logia for this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
The change is about Nanoha's magic circle. More precisely about the writting in it. In the airport wich is were we only see her circle so far in strikers the writting is much denser or appaers to be denser that in Seasons 1 & 2. Later on we can get a glimps of teana's circle and eth writing appers like normal. How ever teh circler at the point of her graple anchoring appers to be dense.
2 possiblities.

1 - Either you're right, and that the stronger the mage, the more detailed their circle is...

2 - Or they just crank up the animation for this season
Old 2007-04-03, 23:25   Link #250
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Guess we could look at YnS and Lindy's circles from the previous seasons, but I suspect it's either 2 or 1 + 2, either of which obviates the validity of past-season comparisons.
Old 2007-04-03, 23:27   Link #251
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lets not forget the possiblity that the girl might even be the 'very powerful' lost logia for this season...
Or she could be just a guardian similar signum and gang that tried to keep the lost logia safe or retrieve it back for w/e reason

Quote:
2 possiblities.

1 - Either you're right, and that the stronger the mage, the more detailed their circle is...

2 - Or they just crank up the animation for this season
Leaning more towards second possibility, Book of Darkness's magic circle when casting starlight breaker(in A's fused with hayate) is really dense compared to other and she is really powerful.
Old 2007-04-03, 23:39   Link #252
BatAttack
Gaou!!

*sigh*

Looking at the poll... 'Perfect' really doesn't mean what it used to.

I think a lot of people are blinded by 'fan frenzy'.
The rating system is going to suffer from depreciation..
if you give out 'Perfect' scores too easily, they lose their value.
Old 2007-04-04, 00:00   Link #253
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
*sigh*

One man's carbon is another man's diamond.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-04, 00:04   Link #254
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
*sigh*

Leave them alone! They're just simple people!

...Kidding, I understand what you mean, but its still their choice. If they're easily satisfied by this, then it'll be dangerous for their brains should the action crank up one or two notchs

(Or maybe the fanservice with kill them first... )
Old 2007-04-04, 00:12   Link #255
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
*sigh*

Different taste and standards i guess.I understand what you mean but what type of anime they prefer affect it.Some dude told me Girls Bravo is a perfect anime and Macross totally suck

Last edited by raidou; 2007-04-04 at 00:24.
Old 2007-04-04, 00:26   Link #256
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
So now why teh hell in the world would she need to consume 2 catriges to blast a hole thought a roof?????

I thougth ofve many different excuses but none would fit logicaly at all.... In the end the only logical conclusion i coudl come up with was that it looked "COOL" for the weivers and if it looks COOL that it goes in.

And I'll end my post on the Raging Heart vs Racing Heart topic. The website and external sources to the anime it self might refer to it as Racing Heart. But from season 1 all the way to Season to when ever Nanoha or and otehr character refers to it they always very clearly say Raging Heart. There for the problem for the difference lies somewere in between the voice acting and the people providing the external to anime imformation. And I'll leave it at that and conclude by saying I'll use the anime name before using the external source name.
Anime is a form of entertainment, the "Cool Factor" is a large part of action in anime. If you have to ask why, it's generally because "it looks cool." This is the first episode of the season, so they want to hook viewers with some cool magic effects.

And about the Raging/Raising Heart topic: We've already answered why Raising is correct a few pages ago. It has to do with how the Japanese romanize their words. The words raging and raising sound IDENTICAL when pronounced in Japanese phoenetics. Raising sounds like "razing" ... and in Japanese "zi" is pronounced "ji" .... hence you have "reijingu haato"

QED: YOU'RE WRONG.

PS: USE A SPELL CHECKER ON YOUR POSTS, MY GOD....
Old 2007-04-04, 00:27   Link #257
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Leaning more towards second possibility, Book of Darkness's magic circle when casting starlight breaker(in A's fused with hayate) is really dense compared to other and she is really powerful.
Yes thank you pointing it out. When the Book does use starlight breaker the writting is definately denser then when Nanoha used it. But it is still less dense then the one Nanoha showed in StrikerS. We migth truely be on to something. And for the moment i will stress the word MIGHT!
Old 2007-04-04, 00:30   Link #258
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Tenspam annoys me too. Even just looking at my subjective fanboy experience the fact that I expect much better things to come prevents me from giving the first episode a ten...

Cool that YnS actually does have the denser circle. I always thought it felt like they were having budget troubles by the end of A's and didn't think they'd throw in a detail like that...
Old 2007-04-04, 00:32   Link #259
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Different taste and standards i guess.I understand what you mean but what type of anime they prefer affect it.Some dude told me Girls Bravo is a perfect anime and Macross totally suck
There are of course improvements that can be made to the Ep, but each person does have their own prespective on the show. I for one found the show while not prefect but is very very good. I guess it depends on what are you looking for in the show.

Btw I totally agree with your friend on the Macross part
Old 2007-04-04, 01:12   Link #260
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I gave this episode an 8 because I didn't feel that it was the best yet so I had to reserve the 10 for the best of this series. n_n.