Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 20:16   Link #9741
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Pay him in HEAT shells to the face (laugh)

Perhaps you might want to wait until the next on-track event? Or will he not allow you to save it for future purposes?
I just want the Trunk Full of Gold and Credits ($36.29) which is enough to get me to VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B with Comfort™.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 20:25   Link #9742
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Arty now takes skill. Before it was just wack-a-mole teraphy that promoted sealclubbing. Also, the GW Panther is the best tier 7 arty right now, some days ago I oneshoted a full hp Stalin on the move with it.
I'd agree on the "takes skill" part if it's not for how random the shells landed. If it just hit where I aimed, I could hit moving tank like T49 or M5, but no, it just decide to fly randomly so I missed even the standing still KV-2 like I was trying to hit a ninja.
Old 2013-09-16, 21:45   Link #9743
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

FTR: Girls Und Panzer + WoT Campaign in Japan

Looks like they're ramping up the promotions quite nicely. Also, I know I should be surprised at a WoT café, but somehow it makes sense.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:11   Link #9744
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I think I've been saying this a few times in platoons, but whatever.

The Tortoise's armor is atrociously bad. I despise it. There are parts which are heavily armored, but that doesn't matter when the front hull is littered with weak spots. Everything tier 8 and up can pen the front if they aim, no matter how I angle myself. People compare this TD to the Jagdtiger, but I like the Jagdtiger despite its unwieldy mobility because its superstructure is strong and can consistently withstand shots from pub players when hulldown. The Tortoise has potential with its incredible DPM and high HP, but I'm having a nightmare trying to bring that out.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in the British TD line: the fun with bouncing enemy shots stops completely after the AT-7. The AT-15 and Tortoise are huge slow TDs with bad camouflage and cheese for armor in exchange for good gun arcs and depression.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:23   Link #9745
aldw

One of these days I may just go make my own tank combat game just to counter-troll SerB and his 'FU' attitude to historical realism...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:35   Link #9746
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
One of these days I may just go make my own tank combat game just to counter-troll SerB and his 'FU' attitude to historical realism...
With blackjack... and hookers?

I was lucky just now in that the Matilda BP going forwards is still twice as fast as a StuG driving backwards... or, I had to turn a corner to take on a derp StuG and it was vitally important that I end up next to it instead of in front of it.

Then I had an SU-26 plinking me with HE rounds, which reminded me of why I ended up ditching the SU-26, as I took three hits for a total of about 20 HP. While I slowly trundled around to engage, a KV-1 drove past me and took two more hits that did absolutely nothing to it.

Also, that was my 11111th mission.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 01:02   Link #9747
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Earned a good 20k exp on my Indian Panzer. That's like more exp I grinded today on that tank than in like the last month I've had it. (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 01:17   Link #9748
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'd agree on the "takes skill" part if it's not for how random the shells landed. If it just hit where I aimed, I could hit moving tank like T49 or M5, but no, it just decide to fly randomly so I missed even the standing still KV-2 like I was trying to hit a ninja.
There are some days, however, where Arty is a sniping god - I was in my KV-1 last night, playing on El Halluf. I was holding the corner against 2 Churchill Is and a KV-1; I'd popped out, fired a shot, tried to duck back-

And got tracked by a Sexton.

It was a pretty vicious cycle: just as my tracks would get up, that Sexton would track me and do damage. Eventually I ended up getting killed by the Sexton, not by the heavies.

Also had a hilarious kill last night; a Panzer II was on a cliff below me, moving back and forth, so I drove my Sherman off the cliff, went a little airborned, and landed on top of him. (I have no idea how my tracks managed to survive). Left him with 11% health left, so I backed up and put a 105mm HE round into him, and went on my way. That was a pretty satisfying kill. XD Almost as amusing as the one time I had a mutual kill with my Panzer III/IV against an arty (rammed him to death just as his shell hit me).

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 09:03   Link #9749
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm unable to buy gold from the in-game gift shop. I hope this is just a problem with the gift shop itself and the new interface that comes with it and not a problem with my bank account or credit card. I'm worried that my habits of starting with 100% crews and free-XPing top modules might come to a grinding halt soon.
Old 2013-09-17, 09:25   Link #9750
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun

Trying to wash away the redness in my 60 day stats (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 09:46   Link #9751
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'm unable to buy gold from the in-game gift shop. I hope this is just a problem with the gift shop itself and the new interface that comes with it and not a problem with my bank account or credit card.
I just made a successful gold purchase, though I used the "Get Gold" option along the top menu bar instead of the Gift Shop button.
Old 2013-09-17, 10:37   Link #9752
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I just made a successful gold purchase, though I used the "Get Gold" option along the top menu bar instead of the Gift Shop button.
Clicking "Get Gold" takes me to the new premium shop's flashy "gold" section instead of the vanilla interface from before. I'm assuming you saw the same new interface. Since it works for you and not me (just tried again), I might have to look into this issue.
Old 2013-09-17, 12:09   Link #9753
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Arty now takes skill.
>see a tank (mole)
>click (whack)
#artytakeskills
#leadingtargetishard.
#artypreventcamping.

been on wot forum too much

Last edited by Kimidori; 2013-09-17 at 12:40.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 12:23   Link #9754
Gravitas Free Zone

Not sure if sarcasm
Or bitter about arty
Old 2013-09-17, 12:40   Link #9755
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Don't know which one is more frustrating, being one shot by arty or being shot constantly and withered down the modules/crews by arty.
Old 2013-09-17, 12:50   Link #9756
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Not sure if sarcasm
Or bitter about arty
Playing the Tortoise is a nostalgia trip for me. It momentarily brings back the old vitriol and blinding hatred I had against arty in 8.5.
Old 2013-09-17, 13:00   Link #9757
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Playing the Tortoise is a nostalgia trip for me. It momentarily brings back the old vitriol and blinding hatred I had against arty in 8.5.
A guy armed with a hand grenade and riding a bicycle could outmaneuver you.
Old 2013-09-17, 13:09   Link #9758
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I find that the better you are at tank, the more you hate arty, back when I my win rate was 50%, I think arty was just part of the game and perfectly fine. at 53% I was starting to get irritated by arty and at 57% I outright hate them, because they hurt the good players, who trying to push, damage enemy and win games MUCH more than the baddie camping in the back being useless, they can render a great tactical position too dangerous to use, and a good player can go down or get severely damaged just by just a lucky shot from miles away, they are low risk high reward class, take nowhere as much skills as tank to play efficiently, and still luck dependant, all of which is bad for a competitive e-sport game.
Old 2013-09-17, 13:49   Link #9759
Gravitas Free Zone

Not a bad debut for my T49.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Made sure that the lake road was clear, then drove along the edge of the city, stopping at each intersection to shoot a tank in the back.

Images
So very messy.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-17, 19:36   Link #9760
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Last night's set of teams were terrible. Got 3 bad teams straight using our tier 6s, one of which had a bunch of top-tier 8 baddies (T34, Lowe, etc) camping the NW corner of Westville... and leaving the city open. There's only so much that I can do with a VK 3001 H, and even my companion wilson's (who is a 57% player) T-34/85. Called it a night, with a -.02% deficit to my record. Buh.

Are we SURE that the update is today for NA? Because it'll be a good chance to get back that deficit somehow before the changes.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks