AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-05-01, 18:42   Link #81
Gespenst
Real Robot

Well... at least there's been a little Chiwa Saito love. (There should be more in my opinion) ... is ChiwaChiwa written in kanji or ちわちわ? ...or ちはちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Mizuhashi Kaori, to whom I find myself calling "Mizuhacchi", is someone I think is quite talented. She voices Yuuno, Vivio and Sein, by the way
I just realised that the other day needless to say I was surprised! (Maybe that's why Vivio hangs out with Yuuno? It's a same series voice actor joke!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Too bad she's not know here in Mexico, 99% hard to find her songs.
I'd say that most Japanese singers are 99.99% unknown outside of Japan. That's why we have to import CDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It was hilarious hearing Vita be Sawa-chan-sensei from K-ON! and Kanako from Maria Holic.
Mind = Blown.
(Also, I just found out that Chiwa Saito plays Quattro of all people!)

Quote:
Er, Yukarin and Nana have been voice acting for around eleven or twelve years, only getting any real roles within the last ten. I'd consider them pros at most. Nothing "veteran" level, as in they won't get paid extra to appear in a show/episode. Well, maybe Nana if they want someone to sing, even though she's pretty expensive to hire.
I think it's pretty good if an actor can get "real roles" after "only" a year or two of working!

How long do you have to work for to be a veteran?

Quote:
Because otaku and fan girls are the only people that actually buy things, so Oricon sales in general are bad.
I'm pretty sure that, in the music industry, sales are a good thing (and like it or not how well someone sells is the probably the best legitimate way to tell how popular they are)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Damn, now I can't post this awesome Donna Burke song as an excuse for post content and fanboyism. Raising Heart sure can sing, that's what I gotta say though.
Not sure if this link will work but (this should give you an idea about her singing)...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...qid=1272719798

<3

Quote:
Or her fagging over NanoFate....
What now?
Quote:
  • We all know about the SRW connotations and the Lamia/Signum stuff. heh.
  • I now wonder if Kakihara joined in on that, what with Graf Eisen's final form being a drill, of all things.
I always thought that it was funny that Chrono was voiced by Mikako Takahashi (who also voiced Caro, (which is also amusing) -- now there's a woman with 'range') and Tomokazu Sugita.

Quote:
My ardent hope for the next Nanoha animated production: to have the devices speak proper English! With Gundam Unicorn showing the way to go, I feel it's time the other shows stepped up to the plate as well, lol. At least let the actors correct their own lines! I seriously can't fathom how Burke was feeling when she was dubbing that I CAN BE SHOT line.
I wondered that at first, I thought "even if they didn't ask her if the script sounded really weird why didn't she tell them?" then I figured that she just did the job she was told to do... after all that's probably what most actors would do in her situation -- the job they were given. And it wouldn't be the only time that a native English speaker has helped to perpetrate some weird Engrish.

Quote:
It's what a seiyuu can do with their range that makes them skilled. Having more range just makes them more versatile so that they can hopefully get more roles. Example: Noto Mamiko with her zero range still has a lot of skill for the stuff she can pull off. Saito Chiwa and Nakahara Mai have what I say is average range, but they're very skilled at what they can do with it.

I'm sure someone like ChiwaChiwa, Mai-chan or Yukarin would have trained themselves to go so low that they could pull off a decent shota if they could. Now brb as I dread hearing Nana in Kuroshitsuji.Eh, I can't do vocal range for a single performance/series, unless they're doing a bunch of other roles. ie - KitaEri in Fairy Tail. And wait, how do you split emotional range and acting performance? Aren't they intertwined as part of the delivery?
I have to agree about the range thing too. Especially since (if someone need a large range to be good) you couldn't say that they were good unless you've seen a lot of their roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konagami_03 View Post
Well, to me, aging from 9 to 19. I do believe that their voices sounded more mature. ^^ And well that's my perception.
I thought they did too... even Vita even though she didn't age (she still got more mature if you see what I mean).

Quote:
Ok, that's what I thought you meant I just didn't know if that "ド" made it mean something else.
I thought that ドm meant "dom" (as in "sub" and "dom"). But it almost means the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Song of Metal Gear, peace Walker, Sang by Donna Burke (a.k.a Raising Heart) and Nana Mizuki.
Wait, are they actually using that Nana song as the Japanese OP? As much as I like Nana Mizuki I think that was a terrible, terrible choice.
Gespenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 18:47   Link #82
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespenst View Post
(Also, I just found out that Chiwa Saito plays Quattro of all people!)
She plays Nove too.
Old 2010-05-01, 19:02   Link #83
Gespenst
Real Robot

Yeah, but that wasn't such a surprise.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:48   Link #84
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Well... at least there's been a little Chiwa Saito love. (There should be more in my opinion) ... is ChiwaChiwa written in kanji or ちわちわ? ...or ちはちは
If you don't understand the ちわちわ love, then you just don't understandddddd.

Though if there's more Kamiyan x Chiwa stuff in Shaft, I will have to kick someone.
Quote:
I think it's pretty good if an actor can get "real roles" after "only" a year or two of working!

How long do you have to work for to be a veteran?
I'd say pros are 10+ years with enough experience, veterans are..... I'd like to say 30+ of experience, but I really don't know. I'm nub and don't know much about the older seiyuu. D:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that, in the music industry, sales are a good thing (and like it or not how well someone sells is the probably the best legitimate way to tell how popular they are)
lol had to look back at what this was about.

Yes, it's great that people are actually buying stuff. The thing is how you're setting the release date of something to get a higher chance of hitting #1 on Oricon charts so you can go "LOOK AT HOW AWSM THIS SEIYUU SINGER IS." Big difference, imho.
Quote:
What now?
I am not going to be able to poke all the times that Nana has fagged over NanoFate, lol.

There's this and that and maybe some of this. And then DVD specials.... Check out A's DVD special 01 at least, but in StS, Tamura Yukari forms a wall with her hands between her and Nana when talking about Nanoha with other people, lol.

Ergh and Radio StrikerS....
Quote:
I always thought that it was funny that Chrono was voiced by Mikako Takahashi (who also voiced Caro, (which is also amusing) -- now there's a woman with 'range') and Tomokazu Sugita.
Yeah, but Mittan is kind of boring unless she's using her super girly voice like for Hamster. Even as that idol singer in Gintama, it's kind of bleh. Or maybe everyone else's awesomeness just makes her seem worse than mediocre, like how Sakura no Mori no Man arc in Aoi Bungaku made Nana seem awesome because Sakai Masato was the worst.
Quote:
I have to agree about the range thing too. Especially since (if someone need a large range to be good) you couldn't say that they were good unless you've seen a lot of their roles.
Best be talking about vocal range and not mixing everything together.
Quote:
Wait, are they actually using that Nana song as the Japanese OP? As much as I like Nana Mizuki I think that was a terrible, terrible choice.
Nooo, Nana's song is just a character song because I think it's Kojima that's a secret seiyuu fan and loves Nana's singing.

So it looks like to become a better seiyuu, one has to be awesome at singing. I understand now, I think.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:19   Link #85
Ottocycle

Quote:
My ardent hope for the next Nanoha animated production: to have the devices speak proper English! With Gundam Unicorn showing the way to go, I feel it's time the other shows stepped up to the plate as well, lol. At least let the actors correct their own lines! I seriously can't fathom how Burke was feeling when she was dubbing that I CAN BE SHOT line.
Quote:
I wondered that at first, I thought "even if they didn't ask her if the script sounded really weird why didn't she tell them?" then I figured that she just did the job she was told to do... after all that's probably what most actors would do in her situation -- the job they were given.
Looks like my wish came true for Movie 1st! RH had mostly impeccable grammar this time. Bardiche didn't have very many lines though... >.>

And Precia's Garden of Time AI sounded like an EVA incarnation from the C&C universe. Utter awesome. I can easily picture her saying...

"Our base is under attack"

substituting in her actual line in the movie which I forgot wwwwwwwwww
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:31   Link #86
NeoEevee

^Eh, I always felt that the Engrish was part of the Devices' charm. xD So much so that I keep it in for my fanfiction.

Though "I CAN BE SHOT" always made me giggle a little.
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 14:53   Link #87
Gespenst
Real Robot

I've been watching B Gata H Kei ... just for Yukarin really. It's a bit awkward to watch, honestly But it was very much worth it to hear her say "Stalker!?"in ep 2.
Old 2010-07-18, 02:33   Link #88
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Okay, so I'm getting conflicting reports on this... Who voices Cinque? Some places say Marina Inoue, others say Shizuka Itou. I thought it was Inoue...
Old 2010-07-18, 02:38   Link #89
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

That would be correct.
Old 2010-07-18, 02:40   Link #90
Ottocycle

Quote:
Okay, so I'm getting conflicting reports on this... Who voices Cinque? Some places say Marina Inoue, others say Shizuka Itou. I thought it was Inoue...
JP Nanohawiki says Inoue Marina, and I take that to be the definitive source.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 02:45   Link #91
Dr. Casey

inoue marina rules
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 02:55   Link #92
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
JP Nanohawiki says Inoue Marina, and I take that to be the definitive source.
Ok, her character page says the same thing. Looks like the english wiki is wrong.
Old 2010-07-18, 03:30   Link #93
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

If you actually know your seiyuu voices well, you can tell immediately that it's Inoue. Besides, there's no way Itou sounds like that at that voice range. Whoever gave you that conflicting info must've been tripping to think it's Itou.

Spoiler for What better source is there than this?:
Old 2010-07-23, 01:24   Link #94
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

So, Movie1st thing from a while back, right.

Video of some of it here for now if anyone is interested. Favourite part of mine has to be....

Tamura Yukari/Nanoha: Nanoha-chan has always liked Feito-chan. Such is Nanoha's unrequited love story, though a perverted ferret—
Mizuhashi Kaori/Yuuno: Who are you talking about?

And right, I still have to just talk about Radio the A's one day maybe. It's 60 minutes long, but lol Marunage duo are so awesome together.

LYRICAL HAYATE THE MOVIE.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 03:54   Link #95
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Has Nana been on a roll lately, or something? I went to do some browsing at amazon japan and I was greeted by this on the homepage.

Go Nana!?
Old 2010-10-27, 10:21   Link #96
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I'm going to say this... I'm probably going to get flamed but...

Whenever I mentally think of anyone's voices from S1 or A's, I don't hear the Japanese voices, at all. I hear, in my mind, the English dub voices.

Really, I can't hear the Japanese voices at all.

Nana Mizuki might be a great singer, but I can't hear her for Fate.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 13:53   Link #97
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

^^ Those are either products you recently looked at or recommendations based on your browsing
Old 2010-10-28, 13:38   Link #98
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I'm going to say this... I'm probably going to get flamed but...

Whenever I mentally think of anyone's voices from S1 or A's, I don't hear the Japanese voices, at all. I hear, in my mind, the English dub voices.

Really, I can't hear the Japanese voices at all.

Nana Mizuki might be a great singer, but I can't hear her for Fate.
Hey, you're not alone. The Nanoha dub might not be the best I've heard (that distinction would go either to Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon), but it's decent, and I also like many of the English voices better than the Japanese ones. Especially Bardiche. Dub!Bardiche is even more awesome than the original already was.
Old 2010-11-14, 09:14   Link #99
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
^^ Those are either products you recently looked at or recommendations based on your browsing
I clear my browser history and run adware crap removal every week.

Nana simply rocks and your dismal attempt to minimize her prowess is nothing less than pathetic.

Now, now... don't take me so seriously. I'm just having a little fun being a Nana-fan.
Old 2010-11-14, 20:20   Link #100
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNobleJr View Post
Hey, you're not alone. The Nanoha dub might not be the best I've heard (that distinction would go either to Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon), but it's decent, and I also like many of the English voices better than the Japanese ones. Especially Bardiche. Dub!Bardiche is even more awesome than the original already was.
I thought the dub voices for the Nanoha cast was decent by dub standards...But better than the Japanese version? lolol

Then again, I'm on the boat that says dub voice actors can't bring the characters to life like that of Japanese seiyuus (FMA and CB are some exceptions). But in this case, we are comparing amateurs (Fate's voice actor especially, which is the first character I think she's officially voiced, ever.) to some of the most renowned seiyuu.

I can't comment on Bardiche, though I can't even recall how the english dub made him sound.