AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-01, 19:18   Link #34461
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Wouldn't be much of a obstacle for an eventual comeback. MC heroic deeds are already far beyond what most heroic spirits achieved in their lifetime. He/She is more than qualified to enter the Throne of Heroes.
The latter sounds unlikely with all foreshadowing (starting with Merlin) that nobody will remember Guda's journey in the end, and Kirschtaria serving as the idealized Master foil who was someone whose journey was only remembered by him. Narratively (leaving aside that Kirschtaria is a real fleshed-out character unlike Guda) was the same, because Caenis even draw the comparison. The moment the suitcase is damaged, the Servants will forget about your journey, that's why Da Vinci died protecting it, but looks like a juicy drama turn that would happen in the future. So Guda can follow up the thematic ending to go unrewarded but happy.

Spoiler for speculation:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 20:01   Link #34462
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

They said that about Sieg.....Look where he ended up lol

Speaking of the Solomon movie.....that was way better done than the Camelot one. Who was that kneeling before Goetia near the start though? The veiled figure.
Old 2021-08-01, 20:04   Link #34463
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They said that about Sieg.....Look where he ended up lol.
Not sure what you're talking about. Sieg was struggling with Fafnir clearly in the novels (a lot was cut in the anime), though. So his arc to accept becoming Fafnir as coming to terms with his greed for a noble purpose fits.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2021-08-01, 20:07   Link #34464
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

No, I mean him supposing to die unremembered. Sieg was a homunculus after all. Thematically it's different of course but there's nothing saying Guda will pull an Ars Nova and burn himself off the Throne as well
Old 2021-08-01, 20:36   Link #34465
Thess

Quote:
No, I mean him supposing to die unremembered. Sieg was a homunculus after all. Thematically it's different of course but there's nothing saying Guda will pull an Ars Nova and burn himself off the Throne as well
Guda is not a Heroic Spirit, they aren't in the Throne.

Old 2021-08-01, 22:38   Link #34466
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Guda is not a Heroic Spirit, they aren't in the Throne.
Not yet
Old 2021-08-02, 00:07   Link #34467
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Not yet
Not ever. If anyone is getting in the Throne (and this is still a big maybe) it's going to be Mash once she perfects "Lord Chaldeas" as her Noble Phantasm.

Old 2021-08-02, 03:14   Link #34468
Homura7

For all we know that PV could just end up be a big red herring, and is ambiguous enough to led to a lot of speculation, so I wouldn't take it for granted if I were you.

Besides, how would the game continue if, you know... And I still think Nasu has a last surprise in store for us, once the Lostbelt saga finishes.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 05:50   Link #34469
MartianMage

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Demeter Memorial Gil 3T
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 08:13   Link #34470
Rasen

Quote:
For all we know that PV could just end up be a big red herring, and is ambiguous enough to led to a lot of speculation, so I wouldn't take it for granted if I were you.

Besides, how would the game continue if, you know... And I still think Nasu has a last surprise in store for us, once the Lostbelt saga finishes.
If the 6th Anniversary PV is anything to judge by, the surprise is the game ending. (Though the introduction of the Coin system hopefully suggests otherwise.)

I've only seen the 4th and 5th Anni PVs, but those were joyous celebrations of the game. The 6th PV was a mix of a montage of old clips + the train scene from Evangelion.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 11:30   Link #34471
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
If the 6th Anniversary PV is anything to judge by, the surprise is the game ending. (Though the introduction of the Coin system hopefully suggests otherwise.)

I've only seen the 4th and 5th Anni PVs, but those were joyous celebrations of the game. The 6th PV was a mix of a montage of old clips + the train scene from Evangelion.
I really hope not... I hate games that run on events only.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 12:33   Link #34472
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I really hope not... I hate games that run on events only.
Better than servers totally shut down due to service end
Old 2021-08-02, 12:41   Link #34473
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Better than servers totally shut down due to service end
It's annoying when there is still much left. Amaterasu , Death apostles... There is TONS of potential material.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-08-02, 13:21   Link #34474
XFire
150% done

Quote:
It's annoying when there is still much left. Amaterasu , Death apostles... There is TONS of potential material.
I don't think there's any danger of the game actually ending any time soon. Nasu stated at one point that he had an idea for a Part 3 but wasn't sure if he'd do that or end it with part 2 and save the idea for some other project. But even then it was just about his involvement, so if he steps down we'll probably just get some other writers taking over (which I'd have mixed feelings about tbh)
Old 2021-08-02, 13:28   Link #34475
Thess

Quote:

He said that would be the ending for FGO, though. What surprises are you talking about? A bad AU like Extella is from Extra?

Old 2021-08-02, 13:50   Link #34476
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
He said that would be the ending for FGO, though. What surprises are you talking about? A bad AU like Extella is from Extra?
Do you mean he said it ends when the Lostbelts are over, or when he pops up his last surprise?

Old 2021-08-02, 16:05   Link #34477
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
I'd rather they hold off on Dead Apostles. I want them to use those materials for future Tsukihime projects. Hopefully.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 16:44   Link #34478
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I'd rather they hold off on Dead Apostles. I want them to use those materials for future Tsukihime projects. Hopefully.
FGO runs on a different timeline though, so they can even make the ancestors appear if they want to. In fact, one of them has already appeared in a PV. - At least that shadow kinda looked like Type Mercury.

Old 2021-08-02, 17:02   Link #34479
XFire
150% done

Quote:
FGO runs on a different timeline though, so they can even make the ancestors appear if they want to. In fact, one of them has already appeared in a PV. - At least that shadow kinda looked like Type Mercury.
Oh Type Mercury is definitely showing up in LB 7. It's kinda in a weird place anyway since it's not really an Ancestor in the same way as the others, it just got kinda lumped in with them.

While it will depend on how well the Tsukihime remake and Melty Blood do, I do think that side is a better fit for the rest of the DAA.
Old 2021-08-02, 18:00   Link #34480
Thess

Quote:
Do you mean he said it ends when the Lostbelts are over, or when he pops up his last surprise?
He's already moving on to work on Tsukihime and Extra remake. And Takeuchi affirmed Nasu has had the conclusion of FGO in mind since a while and is working toward it. The theme of cosmos in the lostbelts is about ending because it's about accepting your end.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon