AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-03-28, 00:18   Link #41
HandofFate

which wave is it where the other heroes get KO'd
and Nao drag them back to home base, and they think they just 'respawned' so they think they're invincible?
Old 2019-03-28, 02:38   Link #42
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTANIMELOVER View Post
25 episodes
Yep, almost definitely can't see them going to Alta and Fohl now, because we are around halfway to this series, and there is still a lot more left to cover before those two appear, even if we consider the WN plot, which compared to LN had one less arc.

The only way to cover them, is either to skip or rush a lot. Or create a new plot altogether to introduce them early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
which wave is it where the other heroes get KO'd
and Nao drag them back to home base, and they think they just 'respawned' so they think they're invincible?
Based on which version do you mean?

In the WN, it was this battle against Glass were they acted like that.

But in LN, it was the Wave that happened at the "Cal Mira" (though they did act similarly during this battle against Glass as well). To them, both of the Events were supposed be like were the Heroes have to lose, and since Naofumi was able to hold out or win, they considered he cheated the mechanic, since you shouldn't be able to win a Unwinnable Event.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-28, 18:18   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't recall anyone ever mentioning anything about "respawning" but rather, the other heroes believe pretty much any battle they lose is a mandatory loss and doesn't have anything to do with their own abilities.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-28, 22:56   Link #44
The Green One

Nafoumi is just a dirty cheater who cheats after all. *sagely nods*
Old 2019-04-03, 11:11   Link #45
Ichinotachi

After watching the OP I can tell that the last 12 episodes are going to adapt T-Rex, the church and probably end on the Island which is the third wave, this is only possible if they don't rush anything, otherwise we're going to get turtle and queen assasination but super butchered.

Last edited by Ichinotachi; 2019-04-03 at 11:22.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 12:11   Link #46
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There's no way they can adapt the tortoise. It's just not feasible.

About the current episode. I'm not normally very big on hating changes, but this episode made me feel like they skipped out on too much good stuff. They completely cut out all the people who are on Naofumi's side despite all the propaganda. That really leaves a sour taste.

Also, from the episode thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
And then slave Raphtalia, followed by a bunch of action stuff. Maybe a naval fight this time. (Except for Ren, who's in the woods fighting ogres and stuff.)
Hahaha I totally didn't notice that but I see the relevance here. XD
Old 2019-04-03, 15:40   Link #47
Huh...?

Surprising that the "High Priest" wasn't showcased in that scene with the "Judgement" spell in the OP (rather it was the racist nun).

Also, they skipped the interrogation part with that "Three Hero Church" fanatic solider, mostly because in the LN, Naofumi did blackmail, and even stomped their mark (which he got from the solider). And i don't think many would have liked it (because the mark, does look sort of like a "Cross")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
After watching the OP I can tell that the last 12 episodes are going to adapt T-Rex, the church and probably end on the Island which is the third wave, this is only possible if they don't rush anything, otherwise we're going to get turtle and queen assasination but super butchered.
Yeah i can't see them going to the Turtle arc either (unless they increase the season size, like they did with "Black Clover").

And considering that in the last episode, they hinted about Aultcray's sister, whose plot point won't be covered before Alta and Fohl debut (and considering that L'Arc and Therese both appeared, meaning the anime adaptation is closely following the LN, meaning Alta and Fohl would debut a lot later).
I have a feeling this series possibly had already received a green signal for Season 2 as well (that's why the pace of the story yet isn't that bad). Or else, why fill up on future points, if they aren't going to be covered in this Season itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
About the current episode. I'm not normally very big on hating changes, but this episode made me feel like they skipped out on too much good stuff. They completely cut out all the people who are on Naofumi's side despite all the propaganda. That really leaves a sour taste.
While the episode did skip some stuff, but mostly it wasn't that important even if they were good stuff.
My guess all those things is probably being saved and would be covered in the next episode which would focus on "Nice Guy" as well.

Last edited by Huh...?; 2019-04-03 at 16:02.
Old 2019-04-03, 18:31   Link #48
Twi

We know they're getting to at least the second fight with Glass based on the intro, but they'll probably cut it there.
Old 2019-04-04, 01:42   Link #49
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Can someone explain to me how some foreshadowing automatically means second season? I really don't get it. It's not like it would be the first time an adaptation ended on an inconclusive note. Re:Zero hinted at future things all the time and it's only getting a new season just now. And lets not forget about NGNL with its ending.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned his sister. Just that the king has some backstory involving "his family".

Anyway, I knew the anime was going to end some time after the fight with Scythe Bro since... before Melty was introduced. It's simple mathematics. At the pace they're going, adapting the tortoise arc is physically impossible. They'd need 2-4 episodes for the second fight alone. So the only place they could end is right before that.

Anyway, slight disagree that the changes "weren't important". They were really huge changes. The anime made it seem like literally everyone in the country are dicks and there's literally nobody left who still believes in him.

The LN had scenes with the soldiers from the third wave, and the villagers from the other country that he helped (including letting us know that the seeds he gave them actually are helping solve the famine problem). It also showed the shadows' ability to perfectly disguise themselves. They also elaborated on the fact that not all shadows are allies to the queen. The LN also had Filo's gloves transforming into claws, and the fight in general was much longer. The LN also had Naofumi's shield accessory transform into a spherical barrier instead of causing some kind of explosion. The fight itself took place on an open field rather than a tight canyon. The fight was also much longer with much more stuff happening, such as Bitch actually getting her hands on Melty. Bitch never openly said anything about killing her in the LN, and Ren had to be convinced by Naofumi's words rather than have Ren call out "are you trying to kill her?" of his own accord.

There's just too much here for me to say "hey, this was a great adaptation". A lot of characterization is quite lost.

They didn't even do Naofumi's interrogation of the soldier justice.

"Skipped content" could make an entire video on just this episode, whereas most of their videos cover multiple episodes.

Last edited by Dengar; 2019-04-04 at 02:03.
Old 2019-04-04, 03:39   Link #50
Huh...?

Quote:
Can someone explain to me how some foreshadowing automatically means second season? I really don't get it. It's not like it would be the first time an adaptation ended on an inconclusive note. Re:Zero hinted at future things all the time and it's only getting a new season just now. And lets not forget about NGNL with its ending.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned his sister. Just that the king has some backstory involving "his family".
I know that "foreshadowing" doesn't automatically means that a Second Season is possible, but it does increase the chances, even if the next season comes out 2-3 years later than the first one.
And the more "foreshadowing" is done, the more chance is increased.

That's why a lot of new anime adaptation series (with limited episodes production) actually try to avoid adding unnecessary "foreshadowing", which they won't be able to cover in one season itself, especially during the middle of the ongoing season (usually the hints for "foreshadowing" is given near the end or in the last episode, example "Tensei Slime", "Isekai Smartphone", etc).

As for the "foreshadowing" relating to the King.
Yeah only the hint of something involving "his family" was given in previous episode.

But we know that (as Novel and Manga readers), this point isn't covered at all in either the WN or the LN, until Alta and Fohl join Naofumi's group and much later on go to the Castle (the LN or WN, and even the Manga never hinted on that part at the plot point which was covered in episode 12).

So, why would the Anime adaptation cover a plot point, at a time when it wasn't covered in any of the other source material. They could have just skipped it over, like they did in the LN and Manga, were the author never covered what Melty and her father talked about, before she went after Naofumi.

Quote:
The LN had scenes with the soldiers from the third wave, and the villagers from the other country that he helped (including letting us know that the seeds he gave them actually are helping solve the famine problem). It also showed the shadows' ability to perfectly disguise themselves.
These points are still possible to be covered to some extent in the next episode.
Not sure why they skipped the Shadows' disguise ability (maybe would be covered next/later episode?)

Quote:
They also elaborated on the fact that not all shadows are allies to the queen.
Even the Manga skipped this part.

Quote:
The LN also had Filo's gloves transforming into claws, and the fight in general was much longer.
It wasn't that Firo's gloves transformed, it was more like she learned a new skill/magic, which she applied over her gloves.
They skipped that part in the Manga as well, and instead made Firo learned that skill/magic during her fight against Fitoria.

As for the length of the fight, well i don't think they could go the full length as in the LN (this isn't a long running show like Naruto or Bleach, were they had plenty of time to stretch out on the battles).

Quote:
The LN also had Naofumi's shield accessory transform into a spherical barrier instead of causing some kind of explosion. The fight itself took place on an open field rather than a tight canyon. The fight was also much longer with much more stuff happening, such as Bitch actually getting her hands on Melty. Bitch never openly said anything about killing her in the LN, and Ren had to be convinced by Naofumi's words rather than have Ren call out "are you trying to kill her?" of his own accord.
Well, i guess they mostly took the fight adaptation from the Manga, rather than the LN, because it was similar to that one.

In the Manga, Naofumi & Co. were confronted by the other 3 Heroes inside a forest. Also, like in the Anime, in the Manga as well, that accessory caused a spherical explosion.

Myne was never able to capture Melty (like in the LN), while she openly attacked Melty, and even said "I can't just sit and watch dirt gather on my little sister's hands any more! If she can't come back to herself, i'd rather..." (fan-translation), in her usual haughty manner.
Also, in the Manga, both Ren and Itsuki did question Myne a lot, on her attempts at trying to kill Melty.

Quote:
They didn't even do Naofumi's interrogation of the soldier justice.
This is clear as to why it was skipped, both in Anime and Manga.

Mainly because in the LN adaptation, Naofumi did stomp on the rosary of the "Three Hero Church" to make those religious fanatics to speak up; which i doubt they could have portrayed easily both in Anime and Manga without any backlash (since the rosary does look similar to a "Cross").

The Feminist and SJW are already against this show, because of that whole "fake rape accusation" and "Myne characterization" parts (both of which they don't like, and are against it). I doubt they would have wanted a Religious backlash as well, with that stomping scene.

Last edited by Huh...?; 2019-04-04 at 04:01.
Old 2019-04-04, 04:58   Link #51
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The show's creators don't seem to be aware of any feminist controversy though. None of that stuff exists within their primary target audience.

As for most of those other things, too many to count, but I'll agree to disagree. Including the part where we might see these things in the next episode. I just can't see how they can make that work. The fact that the manga also skipped some parts to me just means "the manga does it wrong as well". Which in a way is a worse offense since they're not suffering from time constraints.

Anyway, the disclaimer is that this is the absolute first time I feel like they really messed up. And it's not something that can be fixed retroactively. Here's hoping it won't be this bad again in the future.
Old 2019-04-04, 10:41   Link #52
maximilianjenus
[E]

As a WN reader I did not care about the skipped stuff, I always assume they do itbecuase timing is important in anime.. then get pissed off if they "waste" that time later, like what happened with naofumi's first arc and how it felt rushed, just to waste half an episode in the onsen omake.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 14:16   Link #53
Twi

Here's another Cut Content video:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-04-10, 10:32   Link #54
Huh...?

I think episode 14 is the first time we actually learn the name of the "Nice-Guy", isn't it? (or have it been mentioned before in LN or WN?)

Old 2019-04-10, 10:51   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know it's only a minor thing that doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the show as a whole, but I actually liked the fact that many characters aren't actually named and are given a nickname instead.

I really preferred Nice Guy over whatever that guy's name is.

A different thing that I am worried about, although they do have another episode to correct this, but they had better not have turned the fat evil lord into a useless tub of lard who can't do anything but grovel and beg. I mean I suppose they could have postponed the boss fight until next episode, but if what we get today is all there is and next week they move on straight to the T-Rex I'll be disappointed.
Old 2019-04-10, 11:08   Link #56
RDNexus

Then you'd better get yourself ready...

And to note, I'm saying this, but not to what
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 11:15   Link #57
Ichinotachi

They're probably going to kill the evil lord at the beginning of the next episode and maybe move to T-rex but considering the pacing of the series as a whole up until today's episode I think that we have 1 more episodes until T-rex fight ends.
Old 2019-04-10, 15:36   Link #58
Huh...?

Quote:
I mean I suppose they could have postponed the boss fight until next episode, but if what we get today is all there is and next week they move on straight to the T-Rex I'll be disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
They're probably going to kill the evil lord at the beginning of the next episode and maybe move to T-rex but considering the pacing of the series as a whole up until today's episode I think that we have 1 more episodes until T-rex fight ends.
Considering the episode title of the next episode, i feel that the T-Rex fight may actually occur in the episode 16, rather than next episode, aka episode 15.

Reason being that, as the episode title is "Raphtalia", i get the feeling that majority of the next episode would be a flashback of Raphalia's past covering her life in the village, the First Wave, and then her life as a slave, along with focus on Rifana.

Most probably, the T-Rex would be either released near the end of next episode, or start of episode 16.

Old 2019-04-11, 08:57   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well that reasoning gives me a little bit of hope that we might see the boss fight against the fat guy after all.
Old 2019-04-16, 15:55   Link #60
Ichinotachi

Alright, judging by the PV of episode 15 we're going to get the death of the fat guy, saving raphs friend (keel) and discovering the remnants of Rifana. Episode 16 should be full T-rex.

Last edited by Ichinotachi; 2019-04-16 at 16:25.