Spoiler for mission 7:
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 12:16   Link #582
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
However, I find smoke rounds to be a very interesting new dimension to the game at this stage. Does anyone use them much outside of Marberry Shore?
Yes, I found them very useful in a later mission where you essentially have a walking gatling sniper enemy (huge range, huge damage). While this enemy was up on a ledge and I couldn't quite reach it, I was able to fire smoke rounds close enough to block that enemy's vision so that I could sneak a few scouts and shocktroopers past safely.

Marberry shore will also become available as skirmish mission later, and having played it a few times I now find it really easy to get an A score (though having leveled up troops helps of course - get at least your scouts and shocktroopers to Elite rank).

Some basic tips for Marberry shore:

- On deployment, take only Alicia and nobody else. It takes a lot of AP to move everyone, which is better spend just quickly taking the first camp after the gun emplacements and deploy the rest of your team there. Also don't hesitate to retreat and redeploy slow moving shocktroopers and lancers from the many bases in this level. Also don't touch the Shamrock btw, ony take the Edelweiss past the guns.

- Don't take the tanks in the last section head-on. Go around the back. But I presume everyone figured this trick out for themselves already. If you go around it's really easy to fire up the tanks radiators with lancer. Just watch out for the significant amount of enemy shocktroopers - I usually took 5-6 troops there just be sure.

Best score I got so far for Marberry shore was finishing it in 6 turns in normal difficulty. You can already get an A score by doing it in 8 turns btw.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 14:30   Link #583
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Huh? Marberry Shore is a 5-turns A rank.

Unless it actually is 8 and I always stop at 5. I think if I really try I might even be able to do it in 4.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 14:38   Link #584
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
You can already get an A score by doing it in 8 turns btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Huh? Marberry Shore is a 5-turns A rank.

Unless it actually is 8 and I always stop at 5. I think if I really try I might even be able to do it in 4.
It's eight. GameFAQs has an AliciaRush strategy that gets you done in three. I generally do it in five or six.
Old 2009-06-23, 16:37   Link #585
kalbron

Honestly with Marberry Shore you can get it done in one turn... on skirmish and a second playthrough thanks to new potentials.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 18:20   Link #586
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Well I still haven't finished the game yet. I just started playing about two weeks ago, currently at chapter 17 with most of my troops at level 14. So pulling it off any faster is a bit tricky.

I did check Youtube just one for the one-turn strategy. Looks cool.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 20:04   Link #587
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Honestly with Marberry Shore you can get it done in one turn... on skirmish and a second playthrough thanks to new potentials.
Do tell.

I would guess you have to use Alicia's double movement, if you could plan that, and some good luck...

Old 2009-06-23, 23:04   Link #588
kalbron

Defence Boost + Awaken Potential is pretty much all you need. Then (using quotes to avoid spoilers) "Think you can stop me?" plus "Once more, with feeling!" plus "I'm a weapon... no! A shield!" followed by "My wounds are healing..." every time you kill someone basically means you can dash past the first gatlings, up the hill, into the trench, out the other side and partially down the hill with your first CP. Or perhaps even further.

The second CP you're into the base next to the flag and have either killed one of the guards or at least gotten them both standing.

The third CP you've either killed the last guard and have captured the flag or are about to do that with your next CP.

Easy.

Edit: Don't forget, Double Movement ALWAYS fills your movement meter up to maximum when you run it down to nothing. Even on your sixth move!
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:02   Link #589
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Edit: Don't forget, Double Movement ALWAYS fills your movement meter up to maximum when you run it down to nothing. Even on your sixth move!
Which is the beauty of Double Movement really.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:42   Link #590
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Those three are special cases.

Spoiler for Special Requirements:
How hard is it to fulfil the conditions to get Audrey?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 07:15   Link #591
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
It's not terrible.
Spoiler for How to get the toys:
I got her shortly after starting my second playthrough.
Old 2009-06-24, 07:31   Link #592
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler at all but the original requirements were in one so I'll follow suit:

Edit: Too slow. (and no it didn't take me 15 minutes to type this, was doing 2 things at once heh)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 09:39   Link #593
JagdPanther

Quote:
Defence Boost + Awaken Potential is pretty much all you need. Then (using quotes to avoid spoilers) "Think you can stop me?" plus "Once more, with feeling!" plus "I'm a weapon... no! A shield!" followed by "My wounds are healing..." every time you kill someone basically means you can dash past the first gatlings, up the hill, into the trench, out the other side and partially down the hill with your first CP. Or perhaps even further.

The second CP you're into the base next to the flag and have either killed one of the guards or at least gotten them both standing.

The third CP you've either killed the last guard and have captured the flag or are about to do that with your next CP.

Easy.

That's pretty interesting. I might have to try that some time just for kicks.

Conversely, I want to try the 8-turn version of Selvaria's Last Stand. I've been doing it in 3 and I want to do it in 8 still for an A but getting all the enemies.

And I don't see how the terms for the potentials would be spoilers, really. I mean, okay, the one potential's name kinda is a spoiler but not the others. Too vague.

Old 2009-06-24, 09:50   Link #594
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
And I don't see how the terms for the potentials would be spoilers, really. I mean, okay, the one potential's name kinda is a spoiler but not the others. Too vague.
If you're gonna hide one...

(And yay for a drop of the quote in my sig! )
Old 2009-06-24, 11:51   Link #595
JagdPanther

I've had that potential activate before and I have NO idea what it does.

Old 2009-06-24, 11:59   Link #596
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Spoiler for I...don't think I actually spoil anything, but just in case...:

I'm gonna check tonight to make sure that's the effect, though. If someone has their game and can confirm it for me earlier, all the better.
Old 2009-06-24, 18:49   Link #597
JagdPanther

Okay, thanks. The game guide description does not help at all.

Old 2009-06-24, 22:52   Link #598
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I got her shortly after starting my second playthrough.
I had Audrey by Chapter 17 the first time through when I got my 500th kill during the previous mission. I was hoping to swap out a Shocktrooper who had earned their final potential that was a real let down and was informed of new recruit(s) in the squad section.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 23:14   Link #599
JagdPanther

I think I got Audrey rather early, but didn't realize how great she was until a bit later. I got her around Chapter 13, maybe? Something like that.

I got Knute first because of how much I leveled up. Then I got Emile. Then Audrey. I got Lynn around Chapter 16 and used her to take the kill shot in the final battle. And then of course I got Mussad on restarting the clear.

Old 2009-06-27, 08:41   Link #600
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Anyone here plays World In Conflict? I wonder how the systems of the 2 games can mesh together?