AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 21:57   Link #481
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

The look on Ririchiyo's face when she found his little stash of picture was priceless.
Old 2012-03-30, 00:56   Link #482
EroKing

lol indeed

Spoiler for Ririchiyo (NSFW):

Last edited by EroKing; 2012-03-30 at 01:20.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 03:01   Link #483
redflame

Episode 12 was very cute . Nice way to end the season!
Old 2012-03-30, 04:44   Link #484
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Fine way of ending the series, I'd say. I didn't expect them to go that far with the relationship but it's become evident they understand each other so well.

Also dat pic...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 09:32   Link #485
ookamigirl

Sorinozuka is a kind hearted one ^^
A time capsule idea was kinda nice.
Ririchiyo... she sometimes acts like she has a double personality...
When she started freaking out about the letter switch & all, I was ROFL
Guess her feelings got out in the end, but that confession left me surprised and shocked because I never expected them to confess to each other like that.
Awww such a sweet sweet final episode!! (#^-^#)

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:35   Link #486
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Ririchiyo was so out of character, that first scream made me jump. But I always thought that the series will end in an unreciprocated love, not complaining about the ending given though.

Lolicon alert.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 12:45   Link #487
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

well ill be damn no big boss appearing out of nowhere like final episodes of other series!!

A big thumbs up for that alone ^^

A really well thought out romantic series inoxboku all the characters are great even Kagurou who i guess was susspose tto be some kind of boss character turns out to be one of the greatest characters ive seen with his S&M fetish

all up 10/10 for this anime from me, a really delightful watch!
Old 2012-03-30, 15:53   Link #488
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

InuBoku manages to finish strong(and just make those filler episodes worth it). I certainly approve of Riri's summer uniform(and the Ririchiyo legservice in this episode is great as always).

I had to pause to LOL when Karuta said she wanted to be reincarnated as a stuffed bun, and I had to not think very ecchi thoughts as she said that she wanted to be stuffed with wonderful things(although HanaKana saying custard in Engrish is just adorable), and of course then Zenge said something about her wanting to be eaten. OK, I can have a very perverted mind.

Nice and funny that a few of the cast pointed out the age difference, while Karuta just offers Riri a lolipop. Yeah, I think she knew that both of them(Riri and Soushi) felt the same way and she can see through the lies.

That was quite an emotional mutual confession scene. And if this doesn't help Riri in certain moe competitions, then I don't know what would. I also laughed at Riri going through all the different scenerios of what to say to Soushi when she answered her phone.

And those children will likely grow up to watch series like Queen's Blade and High School DxD. Yes, they got to see more of Riri and Soushi then we did(maybe they'll include that in the BDs or DVDs).

I am very happy to hear that this show sold well on both DVD and BD and seem to have attracted a healthy following among otaku and fujoushi. I am hoping that this means that within a year, we'll hear about a second season because I would love to see that.

Episode gets a 10/10 and I would have to give the series itself a 8/10(the filler episodes prevent me from giving this a 9/10).
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 17:46   Link #489
Bern-san

I loved every character. A shame we're not going to see them soon until we can get to see episode 13 (which can't wait to see Souko-chan)
Old 2012-03-30, 19:05   Link #490
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
pic
Do you have high res version of that pic?
Old 2012-03-30, 19:20   Link #491
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Am I the only one creeped out by Soushi? Up until the big reveal I thought he was some sort of psychopath, and even after that the guy seems seriously damaged. That collage in his room ought to give Ririchiyo pause.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 19:36   Link #492
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Am I the only one creeped out by Soushi?
Well, the collage thing is played mostly for laughs. But anyway, damaged bishounen are staple of shoujo manga, and even though this is technically shounen, Fujiwara Cocoa is very adept to include shoujo elements in her works. Inu x Boku in particular is full of them.

I'm personally not creeped out at all, since the point of the story is that her love is helping him to become a better person.
Old 2012-03-30, 19:37   Link #493
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
She did say she'd accept anything about him, time for her to keep her word.
Old 2012-03-30, 20:04   Link #494
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
...Sometimes, even if you don't have a strong plot you can go on with, you can make up for it, even make the plot become secondary, by putting in the same room a cast of strong or fun personalities...
...played by interesting seiyuus.

This was a weird show. I liked it a lot at the beginning and at the end, and found the development in between a bit drawn out.

Soushi (Nakamura Yuuichi) ended up being a deep and interesting character, unreal as he may have been. When I saw that wall of photos, I wondered if Ririchiyo would be creeped out and flee or flattered and relieved and stay.

HanaKana was great, returning to her moerrific roots. I found both Sugita (the fiance) and Mamo-chan (Zange) deeply annoying -- which showed me how good a job they were both doing.

I find the yuri wolf character quite acceptable, usually, and I like Hikasa Youko's work. But for some reason, in this case, I disliked both.

Hidaka Rina was quite outstanding as Ririchiyo. She really got the feeling across. Was it just that her awkwardness and Riri's suited each other? I look forward to hearing her in other shows, to find out if she is really as good as this show made me think.

Seiyuus aside, the character and the character design for Ririchiyo were both very strong, as demonstrated by the number of drawings of her that are showing up here and there.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 21:12   Link #495
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Roromiya all she did is eat Ririchiyo and Miketsukami what ever went on with them

8.5/10 need to rewatch this in english to what happened
Old 2012-03-31, 05:17   Link #496
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Amazing series, loved the monologues and the overall tone, in addition it ended way better than I thought. I was expecting either the one-sided love ending, or the no ending where no one confesses and they all keep their feelings bottled inside. Instead this anime went and surprised me, in a good way, with two masterfully executed final episodes.

As I said, highlights of this series was definitely the introspection on its characters, Ririchiyo in particular but also Miketsukami and even Kagerou, who at first came off as annoying, had a different image at the end. Also brilliant comedy in some moments, especially in the first episodes.
Downsides: some other comedy moments that didn't really feel in their place, the fight in the school with that spirit was brought up and then dropped, never even mentioned again. So in short, some episodes were good, some were top notch, but a few were lacking. That's why my vote for this series is 8,5/10 (rounded down to 8). It could have been higher with less unnecessary distractions.
I've read there's material for a second season, so bring it on. I want more of Ririchiyo, the tsundere who enjoys behaving like a tsundere but is not happy of being a tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hidaka Rina was quite outstanding as Ririchiyo. She really got the feeling across. Was it just that her awkwardness and Riri's suited each other? I look forward to hearing her in other shows, to find out if she is really as good as this show made me think.
I already liked Hidaka Rina as Hideyoshi in Sengoku Otome, then liked less as Airi in Ro-Kyu-Bu!. But her performance here as Ririchiyo was fantastic, imho the best performance of the winter season with Takamori Natsumi's Misaki Mei (Another) as close second. So I'm also hoping to see her getting new important roles.

---------------

Bonus pic from Megami.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Pellissier; 2012-03-31 at 10:52.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 10:13   Link #497
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for scan:
Old 2012-03-31, 11:21   Link #498
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Do you have high res version of that pic?
Here
Spoiler for space:

I've just seen this
Quote:
Namco Namja Town indoor theme park in Ikebukuro, Tokyo will be offering a line-up of treats and attractions based Natsume Yujin-cho, Hotarubi no Mori e, You and Me 2, and Inu X Boku Secret Service as part of Aniplex Spring Girls Festival March 17th to May 13th. There are 15 food items in all and purchasers receive a photo card from the show they are snacking on.
The full article with photos of every food: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...kyo-theme-park

This ice-cream is S!
Spoiler for Kagerou and Karuta's Ice Cream Parfait - It's good it's goood!:

Spoiler for Soushi and Ririchiyo's Master-Servant Contract Tortilla:

Wish I could go to Japan
Old 2012-03-31, 18:16   Link #499
Excorsism

Dear lord, the fanservice at the end of the episode. Delicious Nobare.

I'm a little disappointed Nobare and Sorinozuka didn't get explored as much but hopefully, if there's a second season, they'll do it then.
Old 2012-03-31, 21:03   Link #500
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Looked through the manga, and it seems like the anime finished the entire first arc - ending just where, what looks like, the beginning of the second arc. The anime ending seems to set up to enter a second season easily if they will do one. *keeps fingers crossed*

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2012-03-31 at 23:59.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen