AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-01, 23:35   Link #221
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I absolutely love this anime. Just watched it a week ago, started researching the weaponry they use. Pretty easy to find what gun Packy was using using internet forums. (Press-checking in mai animu?!?? NO WAI!!! =O)

Spoiler for Technical tidbits for those who are interested...:

However, I'm not 100% sure what gun it is that Bota uses. My instincts say a HEAVILY modified SR-25 (looking at the barrel's length, integrated silencer, and the magazine size/shape).... with a bunch of useless crap on it.

Spoiler for Rant on Bota's gear:

Best part of the series though is the epic pun.

Quote:
USA G.I. = Usagi = Rabbit. Mind = blown.
I seriously hope more episodes are to come. There seems to be conflicting opinions (and no hard facts) on whether or not "The Animated Series" was a misnomer on part of the animators and it was just a short movie, or if it really is gonna be a 12-episode series like The Subwire seems to indicate. Maybe one of the Japanese sites says for certain, but I don't know enough kanji to read those.

I have not been this excited about an anime series since I first heard rumors that High School of the Dead was being made into an anime.
Old 2010-08-02, 01:18   Link #222
ReddyRedWolf

Bota thought it would be Tacticool. One should also note in the original manga Bota is the only one without special forces training.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:53   Link #223
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
What language were the camels using?
If this took place in Afghanistan which seems to be the likely case, then it might be Pashto. Any one that speaks Pashto can verify for us.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:10   Link #224
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
If this took place in Afghanistan which seems to be the likely case, then it might be Pashto. Any one that speaks Pashto can verify for us.
I don't know anything about this series or show or whatever it is and I only randomly came across this post, but if you link me to a clip of these camels speaking and give me a time frame of when they speak, I'll be able to tell you what it is (though not necessarily what they're saying). Usually these type of things use Arabic instead of the right ethnic language (looking at you, Iron Man, looking right at you).
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:13   Link #225
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well I don't know much about this anime and just watched it yesterday (well the first episode atleast since it was the only one out) but two rabbits vs these camel like dudes is somewhat ftw

I thought this anime would be somewhat silly since it was going to be a 3D type anime, but it was surprisingly good enough to keep me watching till the end. So yeah I actually do hope more episodes come out.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:19   Link #226
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
I don't know anything about this series or show or whatever it is and I only randomly came across this post, but if you link me to a clip of these camels speaking and give me a time frame of when they speak, I'll be able to tell you what it is (though not necessarily what they're saying). Usually these type of things use Arabic instead of the right ethnic language (looking at you, Iron Man, looking right at you).
You should be able to download it from a torrent site. I don't have the episode with me right at this moment, but some of the spoken dialogues are at the beginning and also spread through out during the action sequence.
Old 2010-08-13, 18:22   Link #227
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm just taking a blunt guess, but I'm generally supporting they speak "Arabic" even though I have no clue

They were probably just raiding Afghanistan due to a war or some-sort, but they could be part of some-sort of Afghanistan terrorist group so they could be speaking Pashto
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 19:33   Link #228
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

However, I'm not 100% sure what gun it is that Bota uses. My instincts say a HEAVILY modified SR-25 (looking at the barrel's length, integrated silencer, and the magazine size/shape).... with a bunch of useless crap on it.

Spoiler for Rant on Bota's gear:
Bota is using an MK14 EBR MOD-0 which is basically an updated M14 platform with intergrated rail system and adjustable butt-stock.

His setup is a pretty common one from what I can see except for the bulky M2 aimpoint on top of what looks like a leupold m3 (not acog), however it isn't out of the ordinary to run a smaller micro-dot or reflex in the same position.

The only other differences from a common setup would be the the DBAL-I which would be switched out for a a PEQ 15 and you'd probably stow away the surefire until you needed it.

Your right about the weight tho as they are pretty heavy at around 5 odd kgs unloaded.

Here is my own EBR.
Spoiler for With a TA31 rep:

For those wondering what pistol packys using its an Allan Zitta ZM custom STI Strike gun (STI EDGE)

Really wish this where a full series =<

Last edited by Drake; 2010-08-13 at 19:43.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:40   Link #229
yoropa
Director

It's definitely not Arabic, I can tell you that much. I doubt it's Farsi either. I actually don't know if it's Pashto or not, but it definitely is not Arabic.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:42   Link #230
feRfe

when's ep 2 coming?
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:53   Link #231
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
when's ep 2 coming?
When they have enough money to fund it. In other words, we don't know. I think it's reasonable to consider episode 1 as a pilot project to raise interest among the fanbase and, eventually, the producers.
Old 2010-08-13, 22:40   Link #232
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
It's definitely not Arabic, I can tell you that much. I doubt it's Farsi either. I actually don't know if it's Pashto or not, but it definitely is not Arabic.
It is quite likely a middle-eastern tinged "mumblespeak" .. i.e. gibberish with an occasional actual word.

All those people in the background in movies are often not actually saying anything - they're just uttering "blah frebble nemostat" or whatever.
Old 2010-08-13, 22:55   Link #233
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It is quite likely a middle-eastern tinged "mumblespeak" .. i.e. gibberish with an occasional actual word.

All those people in the background in movies are often not actually saying anything - they're just uttering "blah frebble nemostat" or whatever.
I kind of think that should not be the case here considering how the show tries to capture almost everything in painstaking detail. At the same time, if the show wants to be politically correct (like Cats and Camel), then you are right.
Old 2010-08-14, 01:34   Link #234
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:

Of course, if it's a Japanese voice actor that's not trained in the language who is speaking it, it may be a legitimate language and a native speaker may still not understand it. I've seen a few anime where it took me a few sentences to realize the unfortunate actor was trying to speak English, and they teach that to most every Japanese student that graduates high school... God knows how mangled it's going to be if they hand some random voice extra a page of questionably parsed, phonetically spelled Farsi or Pashto and tell him to give it the old college try...
Old 2010-08-14, 03:30   Link #235
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Of course, if it's a Japanese voice actor that's not trained in the language who is speaking it, it may be a legitimate language and a native speaker may still not understand it. I've seen a few anime where it took me a few sentences to realize the unfortunate actor was trying to speak English, and they teach that to most every Japanese student that graduates high school... God knows how mangled it's going to be if they hand some random voice extra a page of questionably parsed, phonetically spelled Farsi or Pashto and tell him to give it the old college try...
The japanese just mangle other languages. Unless they have experience speaking them, that's just what happens. Especially with English, as the phonetic combinations are just too different.

But it could be either. Maybe it's someone mangling Arabic, or just mumblespeak to avoid political implications. Not that I believe japanese anime gives a rat's ass about political decency. I sure don't... I'll take accuracy over politically correct any day. I think we'd have to see an actual script.
Old 2010-08-17, 21:15   Link #236
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It is gibberish, I already checked few times.
Old 2010-08-22, 07:58   Link #237
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:

Like SIMS anyway waiting for ep 2 ..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 14:48   Link #238
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I found this on YouTube, thought you guys might get a kick out of it:

Obviously I didn't make it. Someone named "Mastamind" did. Did a great job of piecing together the clips into a trailer.

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2010-09-02 at 00:18. Reason: Because the other version got taken down by the YouTube Nazis. Thankfully, it's been uploaded many times by many people.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 16:13   Link #239
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOL thats awesome!

Very nice work, makes me actually want Black Ops now
Old 2010-09-01, 22:46   Link #240
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Whoa! Nice trailer.

Tags
action, animals