AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-19, 21:39   Link #821
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
next year
Considering this is 2-cour, the anime won't finish until next year anyway.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 23:52   Link #822
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It's on the "Departures" ED CD, which comes out 30 November. Amazon Japan
Ah ha ... thanks!
Old 2011-10-20, 00:48   Link #823
tsunade666

it will be having 2 cour? but it's only episode 1 and the thread expand tremendously since before it starts or while the announcement. It's really been hyped and popular in way.
Old 2011-10-20, 02:16   Link #824
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
it will be having 2 cour? but it's only episode 1 and the thread expand tremendously since before it starts or while the announcement. It's really been hyped and popular in way.
I'd wait for Ep3 at least for a indication on how hyped and popular it is. The first episode isn't usually a good indication of popularity since a lot of people will come in just to say how awful they found it. There's also usually a lot of "director this" "opening that" and other staff talk which has very little bearing on the show later.
Old 2011-10-20, 05:44   Link #825
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
The only problem is people that behave like elitist, bashing bout this is cheap blahblahblah
Hell the cheapness is the premise, so why its need to mentioned over and over again with massive ranting.
Its typical bashing from "classy" people that like oscar movies, classy music, to popcorn movies or the recent mtv hits.
This kind of "critic" is totally useless, even people that like it know these kind of stuff is "cheap" but they enjoy it anyway.
Before I reply I just want to say I greatly enjoyed this episode.

I could be wrong but the amount of bashing it gets for being a "blockbuster" anime could be related to the fact it airs on NoitaminA which traditionaly has been a block reserved to "oscar bait" type animes rather than blockbusters so the NoitaminA audience is generally made up of "classy" people.

And while I did enjoy the premiere and would enjoy the show as a blockbuster I still kind of secretly hope it's got a trick up it's sleeves.
Old 2011-10-20, 05:56   Link #826
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Before I reply I just want to say I greatly enjoyed this episode.

I could be wrong but the amount of bashing it gets for being a "blockbuster" anime could be related to the fact it airs on NoitaminA which traditionaly has been a block reserved to "oscar bait" type animes rather than blockbusters so the NoitaminA audience is generally made up of "classy" people.
NoitaminA were hardly "oscar bait" or anything more intellectual than any other series. The real point was how the block was aimed at non otaku crowd, giving more diversity in term of genre and style. That was its primary goal, although these series are hardly more or less worthy than others (basically a big "YMMV").
The trend has shifted for the past few years, with very few recent series that reflect the initial goal of it (AnoHana and Musukou), hence the reaction for having a series like GC in this block.
Old 2011-10-20, 07:09   Link #827
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
NoitaminA were hardly "oscar bait" or anything more intellectual than any other series. The real point was how the block was aimed at non otaku crowd, giving more diversity in term of genre and style. That was its primary goal, although these series are hardly more or less worthy than others (basically a big "YMMV").

The trend has shifted for the past few years, with very few recent series that reflect the initial goal of it (AnoHana and Musukou), hence the reaction for having a series like GC in this block.
Exactly.

The reason I liked noitaminA was due to the fact that they did 'B' when every other producers did 'A'. That's exact reason why I like Shaft too. noitaminA block didn't really care for trends, but they always adapted hidden gems that always seemed to be unique. UnGo + Guilty Crown is a combination that doesn't really fit with series that noitaminA focused on. Maybe because they are original anime adaptations. I don't know.

Anyway, I'm in between extremes of hate and like for this series currently. If director don't go overboard with the setting. It would be juuuuuuuust fine.
Old 2011-10-20, 11:32   Link #828
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Dunno about endrave/endlave, but that's drom official site:

P.S.: just look what I've found!

Here.

song.

Last edited by Iby; 2011-10-20 at 12:06.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 12:22   Link #829
Raghe

Raghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 12:32   Link #830
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'll be honest: I didn't like that singing...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 12:40   Link #831
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yeah it's very high quality but fails to capture you.
Old 2011-10-20, 12:46   Link #832
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I miss Nagi already.. Ryo's composition on that OP still godly though. Need off-vocal track of it ;_;
Old 2011-10-20, 12:51   Link #833
Iron21

Loved the OP.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 12:51   Link #834
tsunade666

The song is not that bad but the visuals shown in the OP attracts me more than the song. I will wait for the full version but this one fails for me. I won't listen to it again and again but watch it is a different story.

But the op showed me another disturbing thing >.> does Shu always need the one where he gets his weapon beside him all the time? because while he was flying/surfing in the sky with his BFS his with Inori. Having a girl by your side while fighting will limit you a lot. Plus it looks like their is more to Gai than just being a leader of the rebels.
Old 2011-10-20, 12:53   Link #835
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Yeah it's very high quality but fails to capture you.
ya was thinking the same, it will probly grow on me though well see in a few weeks lol
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 13:08   Link #836
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Really huge number of hints in the last 10 seconds of the video.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 13:44   Link #837
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Alright, I think it safe to say Crown has solidly put to rest any notion that Shu can only pull out 'antiquated' weapons like a sword. Not unexpected at all, though how exactly this works is going to be interesting, indeed.

Spoiler:

With respect to Shu, I was honestly a bit surprised to see him making the choice he did. After the introspective reflection we had in the first episode and with his performance just now, I would have thought him to be at least a little bit eager to throw himself into the battlefield in an effort to want to change himself. Looks like our protagonist still needs some shining up though. >__<

At any rate, I find this to be a solid second ep. It answered a lot of the questions I had from before, though naturally pulled me in even more by asking even more.

OP was... okay-ish - the kind that feels like it will grow on me the more I see it.

Bit of Inori fan service here and there was nice as well. That seifuku was so made for her though. ;D

Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 2011-10-20 at 14:06.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 14:02   Link #838
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
Spoiler:
^This. After CG the whole Crown thing feels like magic.

PS: Well, it is magic in a way, but still - too much of "wtf" per minute.
Old 2011-10-20, 14:10   Link #839
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'll be honest: I didn't like that singing...
Yeah me either. Kind of reminded me a bit of Angela who's singing voice I also don't really care for. Like her stuff though the composition was decent in and of itself. Could do far worse mind you.

As for the comment about the visuals, I think the visuals of this show are just always going to far outstrip everything else about it. They're almost too good for TV at parts.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 14:12   Link #840
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The music composition of the OP is godly, but the singing and overall melody of the lyrics colored me unimpressed. The visuals were a feast for the eyes...

Although I'm a little annoyed that the sequence with Shu running seemed like a recycled animation from the first epi (or one of the PVs) that was just composited on top of a different background. In fact, why did he have to be shown running at ALL, as well as Inori walking, which is redundant since we see her walking in the ED? Plus, 16 seconds full of nothing but static character poses? Meh...

I'll watch the actual episode later tonight and give my thoughts then.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig