AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-12, 16:32   Link #9161
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Had a few games with blaat in our KV-1S's and I can see why they'd want to nerf it, that 122mm is pretty lethal.

I think theres something up with EU's server 2 as lots of folks seem to be complaining about lag and both me and blaat had some of our shots seemingly pass through enemy tanks as if they weren't there.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 16:54   Link #9162
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So...what's wrong with this picture?

A terrible player in a tier 5 top exp among a team of Tier 6 and 7's? Come on...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 17:00   Link #9163
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

That happens to me so many times in the T-25.

Not only did I out DPS Tier 7s on occasion, many Tier 7s also died in my hands...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 17:40   Link #9164
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Theres something very off with the T-25 lately and I cant seem to get a win at in it all when before it was a very solid performer.

Its armor doesn't seem to bounce much anymore either.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 18:51   Link #9165
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
re KV-1S "rebalancing": I think FTR mentioned that, at the minimum, this meant taking away the 122mm gun and giving it a 100mm gun instead.

Oh, and Thesis Proposal stuff aside, our home connection has been erratic since Thursday last week, so haven't been able to connect at home AT ALL (you guys should see my unfinished anime torrent queue). Most of my posts (like this one) were done at the office. So annoying.
Old 2013-08-12, 19:04   Link #9166
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Talk about whether the KV-1S nerf will be minor is something I'll wait to see for myself, given that certain people see the world differently compared to others, and what someone perceives as a minor nerf may not be minor to others. I do hope, however, that whatever nerf happens, they give a bigger gun than 85mm as the final option.

I'm in no hurry for the KV-1S at the moment; we'll wait and see what the results of the nerf are, then I'll make my decision. (It would be hilarious, however, if they gave the KV-1 the -1S's derp, but that's something too ridiculous to happen.)

Managed to get enough exp to unlock the KV-1S on my KV-1, but I decided to unlock the KV-2 first... purely by derp and blur. This is what happens when you come off a 72-hour work week. Goddamn Hari Raya Aidilfitri...

I've also started the M3 Lee. The near-unanimous reaction of the [VLCTY] clan is sympathy. I'm actually now thinking of turning into the WoT version of Asuna and grinding like hell on my T-34, KV-1 and AT-2, so that I can build up free exp the hard way, which I will then use to skip the Lee. I know that it's recommended to use the Lee or the earlier tanks to unlock the radio, but I think I'd rather do that on the M4.

Still undecided exactly what gun I will want to get for the M4; 76mm is good and accurate, but VLCTY members swear by the 105mm derp. To be honest, I also like derp guns - howitzers, I find, are really fun - so I might just do that. And I'm actually now earning enough silver to be able to afford gold ammo here and there...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 19:06   Link #9167
Newhope

Just give the KV-1S the 107mm off the T-150,KV-2 and it'd be fine.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 19:12   Link #9168
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Oh, and Thesis Proposal stuff aside, our home connection has been erratic since Thursday last week, so haven't been able to connect at home AT ALL (you guys should see my unfinished anime torrent queue). Most of my posts (like this one) were done at the office. So annoying.
Yep, I know that frustration very well. In fact, I stay at the office a couple of hours every day to get extra internetting done.
Old 2013-08-12, 19:18   Link #9169
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I've also started the M3 Lee. The near-unanimous reaction of the [VLCTY] clan is sympathy.
The problem with the Lee is not only does it require a radical change in play style compared to the rest of its line (it plays like a TD), it also sits at the worst spot for that kind of thing (tier 4) where you can either feel at the top of the world or totally useless in matches.

However it's not like one can't make it work. As I mentioned before in this thread, it's an excellent way to get used to playing the AT-7 with its asymmetrically-placed gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Still undecided exactly what gun I will want to get for the M4; 76mm is good and accurate, but VLCTY members swear by the 105mm derp. To be honest, I also like derp guns - howitzers, I find, are really fun - so I might just do that. And I'm actually now earning enough silver to be able to afford gold ammo here and there...
The problem now is effectivity. HEAT for lower tiers isn't as effective as it used to be, and frankly, when your uber-damage shells can now bounce 7 times out of 10 (or get eaten by spaced armor), I'd take reliability over alpha, which the 76mm gives.
Old 2013-08-12, 20:25   Link #9170
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

This weekend was full of retardness, my WR dropped again a .05%, I'm still in the range of true 53% at least.

About the 1S nerf, I think the 100mm gun could be good.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 20:41   Link #9171
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

105mm derp guns are a lost cause for me now. When it comes to HEAT, a penetration value of 101/104 is simply pathetic for a 0.55 accuracy gun. And I simply dislike the unpredictability of HE. I haven't played the M4 in a while, but if I did, I'd use the 76mm gun, which (after playing the T1 Heavy) I've learned is devastating when played right.

Want a similar feeling to the pre-8.6 tier 5 derpers? Get the S-35 CA, mount the 105mm gun on it, and spam APCR for 330 damage and a whopping penetration value of 223.

And I'm all for a KV-1S nerf. I'd like to see it have a less ubiquitous presence in TC battles.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 21:03   Link #9172
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The problem with the Lee is not only does it require a radical change in play style compared to the rest of its line (it plays like a TD), it also sits at the worst spot for that kind of thing (tier 4) where you can either feel at the top of the world or totally useless in matches.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel for the most part. The only kills I've gotten, so far, have been from tagging behind my clanmates and doing some damage.

Also, and this is just an observation of mine, but I find most Lee players I've encountered to be not very good. Probably the same issues I'm having... though last night I was playing on one map, I was in a firing line with 2 other KV-1s and we were trading fire with a TD, Char 1B and an M4, and I'm just about lining for a killshot on the M4 when this Lee, moltar2 of the [TAKS] clan, rams me and throws my aim off, and damages himself. And then gets himself killed in short order while I lag out. And then spends the rest of the game calling me a noob. (Looking at his stats... he's actually just as bad as me. Without having had a 2 year absence from this game. Oh well.)

But yeah, I've had my Lee for about 12 hours now and I really, really, really hate it. I give mad props to Rabbit Team, but I just hate it totally.

Quote:
However it's not like one can't make it work. As I mentioned before in this thread, it's an excellent way to get used to playing the AT-7 with its asymmetrically-placed gun.
Not entirely sure I want to get the AT-7; for the rest of the year I plan to stay on T5-T6.

Quote:
The problem now is effectivity. HEAT for lower tiers isn't as effective as it used to be, and frankly, when your uber-damage shells can now bounce 7 times out of 10 (or get eaten by spaced armor), I'd take reliability over alpha, which the 76mm gives.
Yeah, but I'm not using HEAT, I'm using HE. That said, I'll probably do both; run with the 76mm and the 105mm as my fancy strikes me. That's what I do with my KV-1; I run with the 85mm, but there are days when I just want to derp, so I load my derpgun.

Anyway, with KV-1, T-34, M4 and AT-2, I should have a solid moneymaking team. And I'm kinda regretting buying the Churchills now -_- I could have had me a KV-1S with less pain and suffering by now, lol

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 22:28   Link #9173
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I really should consider buying back the M3 Lee, and keeping it permanently as a training tank to be pulled out every time someone starts complaining about it. It seems like every new generation of tanker could use the tips I've taught to many fellow sufferers of the M3 now.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 22:41   Link #9174
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

After playing some TDs from over a month I feel more confident of trying the Lee again. Mainly since I need a heavy on my third acc and I was thinking in adding the T29 in the future.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 23:14   Link #9175
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I tried a few games tonight, not too bad considering how rusty I am. One thing I didn't like was that the scope bounce toggle has apparently been removed, so I missed a number of shots.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:17   Link #9176
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I tried a few games tonight, not too bad considering how rusty I am. One thing I didn't like was that the scope bounce toggle has apparently been removed, so I missed a number of shots.
Yeah, you have to set that up in Settings now. Well, that and Dynamic Camera, both of which seem to go back to being active by default after a major patch.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:20   Link #9177
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I searched all over in settings, and I couldn't find the toggle. is it called something different now?
Old 2013-08-12, 23:25   Link #9178
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I searched all over in settings, and I couldn't find the toggle. is it called something different now?
Look for the entries with checkboxes. Should be on the same panel where you choose to disable Ecounter and Assault modes.
Old 2013-08-13, 08:41   Link #9179
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I'm not seeing it. Is it Dynamic Camera?

Old 2013-08-13, 08:47   Link #9180
Gravitas Free Zone

Turn off dynamic camera.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks