AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2015-10-22, 00:00   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 804 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, spoiler time! Credit goes to AP's Redon and Aohige for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Adventure in the nation on the back of an elephant". Splash page features the brotherly trio of Luffy, Ace, and Sabo.

-The thing Luffy's group saw falling down last chapter was apparently.... a monkey? Anyway, the critter hits the two samurai, knocking them off the doodle-dragon. Luffy wants to help the two of them, but they yell that they're fine, and will catch up to Luffy's group later. Luffy and co. are reluctant, but decide to go ahead anyway after feeling pity for Kanjurou's dragon (lol). Luffy tells the samurai they'll meet up later, and while the samurai do reply in acknowledgement, a third, unfamiliar voice shouts out that he won't let them enter the country without permission....

-Eventually, the gang makes it to the top of the elephant. After making it, most of Luffy's gang congratulate the dragon (now named Ryuunosuke) for his work, as he reverts back to a painting. The group then comes across an arch with the name "Mokomo Dukedom" carved on it. Luffy climbs up the wall to get a better gaze at the place, and discovers that it's a fairly well-developed island nation! However, as they go through the arch, Zoro notices that the gates are open. Law further points out that the gate isn't just open.... it's missing.

-As they head toward the city, Luffy's group sees recent signs of destruction. They're also being spied on by Mink people. When they reach the city, Luffy calls out for his friends, but it's discovered that the trail of destruction has reached the city as well, and Franky even smells gas and gunpowder. Suddenly, one of the Mink people, a bunny girl, assaults the group! Zoro fends her off, but upon blocking her claws, he gets electrocuted! Another mink woman riding a crocodile appears, telling her comrade (named Carrot) to stop, as they're not the men they're hunting for. She says that the intruders they seek are at the "Whale Forest". Law confirms that these women are indeed from the Mink tribe, but Usopp points out a different discovery: The woman riding the croc is wearing Nami's clothes....

Spoiler for 804:

^Heh, it's furry Nami. Why am I not the least bit surprised?

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-10-22 at 00:37.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 00:39   Link #2
marvelB

Alright, updated with the full summary! We now have our official introduction to Mink people! And straight off the bat, Oda makes one of them a Nami clone (who everyone will naturally want to see join the crew, lol ).
Old 2015-10-22, 01:39   Link #3
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Enter the furries
Old 2015-10-22, 02:55   Link #4
Sebazu

Ryuunosuke
You will be remembered.
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 03:29   Link #5
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

RIP Ryuunosuke.

And somewhere out there, Nami is naked.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 04:04   Link #6
marvelB

Ryuunosuke is a bro. I really hope Kanjurou brings him back. And screw both Zoro and Law for being such insensitive pricks.

Though speaking of Zoro, I find it amusing to remember all those past threads where people claimed that he was this ultra-undefeated badass who was easily on par with admirals..... and yet, this chapter a little bunny lady was not only capable of dodging his attacks, but even managed to counter him with electricity! So where's that so-called "invincible" pirate hunter again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
And somewhere out there, Nami is naked.

To be fair, Nami already had on a different set of clothes when we last saw her at Zou. Chances are, the Minks probably ransacked the Sunny or something at some point before Luffy's gang showed up.
Old 2015-10-22, 04:12   Link #7
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And straight off the bat, Oda makes one of them a Nami clone (who everyone will naturally want to see join the crew, lol ).
and a Mink Girl & Chopper ship
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 04:29   Link #8
homohominilupus

Okay,after reading translated chap and summary hereI have 2 questions
1.Here you say that Law said that gates are missing,yet I read that he said that the gates have been ripped out.I also think that in one panel gates can be seen lying on the floor.
2.Here you say that Franky smells both gas and gunpowerd,but in translation he can't smell any of them.
So did I read inaccurate translation,or you made a mistake in your summary,Marvel?
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 05:01   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homohominilupus View Post
Okay,after reading translated chap and summary hereI have 2 questions
1.Here you say that Law said that gates are missing,yet I read that he said that the gates have been ripped out.I also think that in one panel gates can be seen lying on the floor.
2.Here you say that Franky smells both gas and gunpowerd,but in translation he can't smell any of them.
So did I read inaccurate translation,or you made a mistake in your summary,Marvel?
1. Yes it's been ripped off is what Law implied, but this is a matter of semantic. He actually said "someone forced their way through" while looking at the broken off hinges and the missing door

2. Panda is flat out wrong.
Franky said "don't you guy smell the...." and of course, being Panda they only see "don't" and assume they don't.
Old 2015-10-22, 05:14   Link #10
homohominilupus

I see,panda strikes again.As expected.
And RIP Ryuunosuke
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 05:50   Link #11
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

When all the straw hats were crying and there was a silhouette of Ryuunosuke against the distant sun.. Omg I haven't laughed that hard in a while. That was honestly hilarious. I love it.
R.I.P

Also:
That bunny girl "Carrot" > The weird looking one with Nami's clothes.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 07:19   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

here it is people, the new member for the crew: one of the female mink people
Old 2015-10-22, 07:23   Link #13
II Maestro

Love that scene where the dragon was doing its best to climb .... R.I.P for Ryuunosuke
Old 2015-10-22, 09:49   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ryuunosuke accomplished more in a single chapter than Rebecca in a hundred. He should have been the next nakama. Alas, he died too young.

RIP Ryuunosuke
2015-2015
Old 2015-10-22, 10:09   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ryuunosuke accomplished more in a single chapter than Rebecca in a hundred. He should have been the next nakama. Alas, he died too young.

Unfortunately, his noble deeds will go unnoticed by many because he's not another busty Nami/Robin clone. No respect, I tells ya.... no respect.

On another note, we already know that Kaidou's men are at Zou from that scene with Sanji's group a few chapters back.... but I also wonder if Big Mama's men made it there, as well? They were chasing the Sunny to get their hands in Caesar in the first place, and it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually caught up, after so much time has passed. And if it's true that Capone has joined the empress' faction, then it might be his gang at Zou right now....

....Oh, and that's not to mention that Big Mama should be even less happy with Luffy at this point considering that she probably already received that rather..... explosive present from him by this point.
Old 2015-10-22, 10:50   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ryuunosuke is a bro. I really hope Kanjurou brings him back. And screw both Zoro and Law for being such insensitive pricks.

Though speaking of Zoro, I find it amusing to remember all those past threads where people claimed that he was this ultra-undefeated badass who was easily on par with admirals..... and yet, this chapter a little bunny lady was not only capable of dodging his attacks, but even managed to counter him with electricity! So where's that so-called "invincible" pirate hunter again?

To be fair, Nami already had on a different set of clothes when we last saw her at Zou. Chances are, the Minks probably ransacked the Sunny or something at some point before Luffy's gang showed up.
The ability to gauge strength is always iffy with this kind of show. I mean Luffy took good shots from Bellamy last arc. But no one would argue that Bellamy is equal to Luffy in strength or that Bellamy could beat Mingo like Luffy did. Just like it doesn't mean that because this girl dodged one attack that she could defeat anyone that Zoro has faced in the new world so far.

I can get not agreeing with those assessments of Zoro's strength at this point, but....honestly this one scene doesn't have any connection to anything. Just like how we don't know anything about this character, neither does Zoro. What would seem like an appropriate attack wouldn't be if you misread the opponent. Not to mention you toss in the fact the attacker was a woman and we deal with another level of complexities.

I wouldn't say that Zoro is going to go around taking down admirals either, but if you want to confront that idea it's best to use something appropriate for that. Not a half a second encounter that doesn't tell us much of anything.
Old 2015-10-22, 11:21   Link #17
Wandering Soul

RIP Ryuunosuke. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten.
Old 2015-10-22, 11:51   Link #18
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The ability to gauge strength is always iffy with this kind of show. I mean Luffy took good shots from Bellamy last arc. But no one would argue that Bellamy is equal to Luffy in strength or that Bellamy could beat Mingo like Luffy did. Just like it doesn't mean that because this girl dodged one attack that she could defeat anyone that Zoro has faced in the new world so far.

I can get not agreeing with those assessments of Zoro's strength at this point, but....honestly this one scene doesn't have any connection to anything. Just like how we don't know anything about this character, neither does Zoro. What would seem like an appropriate attack wouldn't be if you misread the opponent. Not to mention you toss in the fact the attacker was a woman and we deal with another level of complexities.

I wouldn't say that Zoro is going to go around taking down admirals either, but if you want to confront that idea it's best to use something appropriate for that. Not a half a second encounter that doesn't tell us much of anything.
well put, also let's not forget there's also the intent behind an attack. We have seen countless times in series where an experienced fighter can sense the reason for the attack, whether it is for defense, rage, or killing intent.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 12:01   Link #19
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Intriguing chapter.

My guess is that there is something going on with the Mink people either copying or stealing personalities and/or abilities or something similar. The monkey reminded Kinemon and Kanjuro of a Ninja from Wano and Carrot seemed to have ninja abilities as well. But the other chick is the most striking, because not only does she wear Nami's outfit, she also shares her bossy demeanor and she's riding something. Nami rode a Scooter on Skypia, and since this seems to be Skypia #2, that's of special significance (the rich plantlife, the round trees being reminiscent of the cloud balls, what appear to be, at least partially, ruins).
Old 2015-10-22, 12:38   Link #20
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Either Zoro was just being way too cautious with the unknown force or he senses that the unknown force is actually a threat. For an e.g. that little bunny girl is actually strong enough or stronger than Zoro himself since he seems really serious in that panel when they clashed. Though there's that chance he was caught off guard but still there were moments he was being unusually cautious and in addition the only other one who noticed incoming attack was Law.

Also RIP Ryuunosuke.. surprised that Luffy didn't really care.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote