AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Hope Episode Rating
Perfect 10 8 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 15.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 15.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-29, 16:43   Link #21
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
I was grinning like a damn idiot when Nagito was fangirling all over Naegi and wouldn't let him go. Luck meets luck, and this is the result.

So true. And she would have succeeded in driving Munakata past de despair horizon had not been for Naegi's brave stand.

She set everything in place: killed herself, kept the incriminating pictures, and had the first stage of her plan failed, she would have likely killed Munakata herself, then die together with him due to her NG. Kinda like Romeo & Juliet.
Had they made Chisa recovering from her despair trance in the future arc, it may have made more of an impact that way. Seeing that she would end up dying for Kyousuke would have been a little redemption.

And I agree with the nico comments.

"Nanami: I am glad that I met everybody again."
Comment: Chisa: "umm....did you forget me?"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 17:10   Link #22
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Had they made Chisa recovering from her despair trance in the future arc, it may have made more of an impact that way. Seeing that she would end up dying for Kyousuke would have been a little redemption.
You do... realize what it took to bring these 15 Remnants back to normal? The NWP was lost at the end of SDR. It was the only way Chisa could have recovered from her despair trance. But how would that have been even possible in first place, when no one in the FF except Tengan knew of Chisa's status as a Remnant of Despair?

Quote:
And I agree with the nico comments.

"Nanami: I am glad that I met everybody again."
Comment: Chisa: "umm....did you forget me?"
Nanami lives in Hajime/Izuru, so she did meet her homeroom teacher for the last time.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 17:10   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty much just a giant fanservice episode for DR2 fans, showing all of their beloved character were able to fully recover and live happily ever after. I was going to say they made them look cool too, but the action scenes were so rushed that I can't. The most laughable part is that every time Hajime was about to fight, they skipped the battle entirely. This is Katanagatari all over again lol. I almost expected somebody to comment on how awesome the way he took down an entire armada and a commando on his own was to further twist the knife into the wound.

Shit, if you want to do fanservice, do it fucking right.

Danganronpa 3 was a mistake. None of the new characters really mattered except the Munakata/Juzo/Chisa trio (Mitarai is a walking plot device, not a character), and the old cast were all protected by the thickest plot armor ever. Most of the story was pretty bad; Monoka being part of the killing game amounted to nothing, Tengan including Mitarai in the killing game when he could have been killed at any time made no sense given what his end goal was (Mitarai's arrival was unplanned (obviously Chisa's doing), but he could have easily just left him out of the game. His absence would have seemed suspicious, but would it have mattered one bit?), Kyoko not sharing her deductions with anybody was utterly idiotic as was a genius detective like her not even noticing the monitors, we got not one but two cheap as hell fake deaths, and I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of things.

And what about despair side? I was really looking forward to how class 77 fell into despair and came to worship Junko, as well as how a single girl managed to plunge the whole world into despair, and it was ALL explained with brainwashing, courtesy of our favorite plot device. It would have been far better to leave everything up to the viewers' imagination, as it had been until now. Are we sure Junko isn't the one with ultimate luck? Everything she ever needed just happened to fall on her lap. Izuru was such a disappointment as well. All he ever did was stand around and say everything was boring. Displayed no talent other than kung-fu and luck.

The worst thing, however, is that this anime added nothing to the overall story. We're at the same place we were at the end of DR2, except we know Hajime did manage to wake up everybody (who, amazingly, are all unfazed by the events of their game. Can't believe Nagito got away with all the shit he pulled). No development for the older characters, and the new ones either died or just went off. What was even the point?
Old 2016-09-29, 17:11   Link #24
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
So true. And she would have succeeded in driving Munakata past de despair horizon had not been for Naegi's brave stand.

I don't know who you 'agree' with but it isn't me. What I said is that she did succeed, many years ago now.

She's not Junko 3.0 even though you and others try to paint her that way. Its disappointing you don't think she's an interesting character on her own, but... believe what you want I guess.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 17:19   Link #25
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

I don't know who you 'agree' with but it isn't me. What I said is that she did succeed, many years ago now.

She's not Junko 3.0 even though you and others try to paint her that way. Its disappointing you don't think she's an interesting character on her own, but... believe what you want I guess.
When did I say that? If there has been someone in this forum who has painted Chisa as the highlight of the show, that was me. When I said she was Junko's true succesor, that was my way of praising her, not that it was an outright truth

I get what you mean, but I was also giving her credit for being the indirect responsible of some of the things that happened during the game.

Chisa was the one that dropped the sleeping gas ball when Mitarai entered the room. Her plan was to drag him into the game and have him die, thus ruining Tengan's plans.

She was the one that set the NG bangles. Because only Chisa would plant on herself a NG that killed her as soon as the man she loved died. It was a back-up plan in case her attempt to kill herself via suicide failed. She also wanted Naegi to feel that same despair, so she planted the most important person to him with one of the cruelest NG. She trolled the hell out of Ruruka and made her go full paranoid. She was brilliant.

Seriously, people are failing to see what this show has brought to us. Guess this must be the reason I enjoyed it throroughly.
Old 2016-09-29, 17:30   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Monokuma videos were already including stuff like NG actions, and so forth. As pointed by Kyousuke, only Tengan and the latter could have installed the monitors and stuff. Because of this, Tengan prepared Monokuma video which has the NG actions mentioned already. By definition, Chisa has no relevancy to that part of the plan.

Tengan also knows Kyousuke and Chisa relationship, so there is absolutely no issue for him to set her NG action like that. In fact, the opposite is weird: it doesn't make sense for Chisa to make sure Tengan says the truth: knowing that "everyone can be the attacker" instead of a traitor makes the whole deal not exactly in line with remnant of despair style.
In fact, the way how he exploited Chisa's death against Kyousuke demonstrates how he planned to demoralize Kyousuke and his "cull despair at all cost" mindset from the start.

Also no, there isn't any indication Ryouta was called by Chisa whatsoever. Ryouta himself wanted to join that meeting as he is a branch leader after all, and the fact he already has the hope video ready is probably the reason why he came even though he was unsure if he should use it.
It is very likely that Tengan knew that Ryouta was either working on the hope video and/or was plagued by his own guilt hence why he didn't expect Ryouta to show up for that very special meeting which had Makoto as a trap.

Even Junko concluded that it was all Tengan's doing, and dead Chisa didn't do any retort to that.
Old 2016-09-29, 17:32   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
When did I say that? If there has been someone in this forum who has painted Chisa as the highlight of the show, that was me. When I said she was Junko's true succesor, that was my way of praising her, not that it was an outright truth

I get what you mean, but I was also giving her credit for being the indirect responsible of some of the things that happened during he game.

Chisa was the one that dropped the sleeping gas ball when Mitarai entered the room. Her plan was to drag him into the game and have him die, thus ruining Tengan's plans.

She was the one that set the NG bangles. Because only Chisa would plant on herself a NG that killed her as soon as the man she loved died. It was a back-up plan in case her attempt to kill herself via suicide failed. She was brilliant.

Seriously, people are failing to see what this show has brought to us. Guess this must be the reason I enjoyed it throroughly.
If that was her plan, it's a very poorly thought-out one. Tengan could have just secretly gone to the power room and the game would have ended. Could have always tried another day with a different plan, pinning the blame on Chisa for this one. Nobody would have ever suspected the head of the FF.

We're not failing to see what the show has brought us, you're just seeing things that aren't there to try to rationalize the bad writing.
Old 2016-09-29, 17:36   Link #28
Homura7

He said he was there 'for the meeting'. And he hadn't been invinted. Besides, is clear to me it was Chisa who rolled that Monokuma ball, because it came from her direction. She also stayed close to the monitor so she would be the first to wake up.

In the end many of the bad things that happened might have been avoided had Chisa not been the first to die. That or she would have slaughtered as many as she could.

So now things not going your way is called bad writing? Color me surprised, I've been dealing with this nonsense too many times in the Youtube section.
Old 2016-09-29, 17:48   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In both situations, it is nonsensical because of the risk:

1) if the plan was solely due to Tengan, that means he still started the killing game even though Ryouta could have been murdered due to collateral damage (Kyousuke, Juuzo), or for being the closest to a monitor.

2) if it was another person who hi jacked Tengan plan, it makes even less sense because at this point, there is no guarantee there won't be a "real killer" among them, which basically increases odds for hazardous deaths and whatnot. As kanon said, he could easely do something about that. Also, it doesn't make any sense for the culprit to make Tengan the most trustworthy with that NG action, whereas it makes sense for his own plan.

In both cases, Tengan plan is full of holes like swiss cheese. And then again, I really doubt Junko would fail to mention Chisa's involvement in that killing game if the latter had any. For all intent and purpose, Chisa's despair was mainly focusing on making Kyousuke willing to cull anything that is remotely close to despair.
She was definitely a huge factor for having provided the videos and pushing Kyousuke to the edge, but that's about it considering how the series protrayed her role in future.
Old 2016-09-29, 18:02   Link #30
Homura7

We are overthinking this too much.

Tengan could have simply gone mad without falling in despair and he saw a great opportunity when Chisa brought to him the two USB. Perhaps this is why she gave it to Tengan, because she knew the old man had started going off the rails. Moreover, it was Chisa who suggested Tengan to recruit Mitarai.
Old 2016-09-29, 18:54   Link #31
HandofFate

would have wished for some actual DR1 and DR2 teamups.

like when the fatty jumps next to Munakata, instead of all of DR1 just standing around, would have liked them all to pair with one or two class 77 together for some good fanservice
Old 2016-09-29, 19:14   Link #32
blitz1/2

Can we all just agree that DR3 was a trainwreck?

@Kanon: Agreed, one hundred percent.

Old 2016-09-29, 19:26   Link #33
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

In DRAE terms Tengan was white despair... and in defense of Katanagatari battle scenes are not Nisioisin's specialty. Long winded conversations on the other hand...

Anyway some thoughts... I sort of thought saving Kirigiri would be a part of someone's redemption so I suppose we can overlook Mikan turning to despair so easily and pushing Nanami through the secret door of death now.

Hope is infectious. And Naegi of all people deserved to be carried (often literally) through a killing game and its aftermath. I don't think he was the right person to talk Mitarai down, either. And... speaking of Mitarai he was kind of a Gary Stu the more I think about it. Unsurprisingly, Komaeda is a Naegi fanboy.

Komaru and Asahina!!! made me so, so sad in a weird way. RIP Yuta, and the other motives that didn't make it. 78. FF leaders. Real girl Nanami. StuCo. And the thousands of nameless blue (and pink) people that died along the way.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 19:46   Link #34
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Eyyyy class 77 ended up okay after all, awesome to see! Hajime's personality is like a combination of his pre-Izuru and Izuru self, makes sense to me. It's pretty noble of them to become the martyr's for this whole Final Killing Game fiasco.

And Kyoko ended up pulling through after all, I guess folks were right about the drug thing having some help in preventing her death, but it still needed the touch of a medical expert like Mikan to fully save her. I'd assume that action is redeeming enough for Mikan's past transgressions no?~

All in all from something called the Hope Episode and doubling as the finale to the entire Hope's Peak storyline I'd come to expect what most of this episode gave us. Who'd want to end it all super depressing or bittersweet right? One where everyone's happy and hopeful for the future is perfectly acceptable.

I won't say it was perfect but I was always looking forward to the new episodes every week, and anything that can get me invested that much is worth it in my book.~
Old 2016-09-29, 19:48   Link #35
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
In DRAE terms Tengan was white despair... and in defense of Katanagatari battle scenes are not Nisioisin's specialty. Long winded conversations on the other hand...

Anyway some thoughts... I sort of thought saving Kirigiri would be a part of someone's redemption so I suppose we can overlook Mikan turning to despair so easily and pushing Nanami through the secret door of death now.

Hope is infectious. And Naegi of all people deserved to be carried (often literally) through a killing game and its aftermath. I don't think he was the right person to talk Mitarai down, either. And... speaking of Mitarai he was kind of a Gary Stu the more I think about it. Unsurprisingly, Komaeda is a Naegi fanboy.

Komaru and Asahina!!! made me so, so sad in a weird way. RIP Yuta, and the other motives that didn't make it. 78. FF leaders. Real girl Nanami. StuCo. And the thousands of nameless blue (and pink) people that died along the way.
Well, Nagito is not really much of a Naegi fanboy (until he learns he is the Ultimate Hope), but he is really fanboying that there was another Ultimate Luck like him, but he is more like, "Oh wow, you are like the Ultimate Luck too, it's great to have a junior like you, oh wait you are greater than me!" so yea.

Old 2016-09-29, 23:07   Link #36
Chosen_Hero

Well, I am thoroughly dissapointed in this ending, at least Despair side ended up being decent. Basically anyone not gullible guessed how it was going to end a few episodes in and like I said the vast majority of japanese writers are afraid to commit to the death of a main female character for a laundry list of pandering reasons. If anything this made me not even consider playing the third game since we now have proof that nothing outside of the SDR2 cast mattered in the end.
Old 2016-09-29, 23:17   Link #37
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I am wholly agreed D3 is dissapointment, we don't see fully badassness Izuru is one biggest disappointment in D3. At least D3 ending still far more decent than Macross delta ending.
It was a bitter sweet for me we don't see any scene part of Classroom 77 mourn for Chisa death or at least some of their comment.

They said D3 is final chapter for hope academy arc so we will not see Naegi and Hajime saga anymore? but what left for Monaca fate? does she really go to space like that??
I mean what the hell!!?? AE literally a filler.
I suppose i'll buy AC-Phoenix word now that Monaca was third rate villain.
For she really does not do anything in this series, literally a bonus boss or something.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 23:58   Link #38
Freeter
beyond

Glad I never bothered with the games, since this amounted to a whole lot of nothing.

Gonna miss the JUZOBOYS brigade though, at least that meme made this trainwreck somewhat entertaining.
Old 2016-09-30, 00:25   Link #39
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

As a series, Meh/10. Most of the DR3 characters were made just to be killed. Tengen's plan is full of shit. Though Gozu, Seiko and fedora dude are the saving grace. Not to mention Juzo and Munataka for their JUZOBoys and Persona meme respectively. Kind of bum that at the end, Chisa never have the chance to redeem herself. Also for the sake of convenience, Monaca was just thrown away into space. Then there's Mitarai.. he didn't even bother to apologize or offer a word with Naegi after the shit he has done when everyone was walking down the slope

For this episode though, it's a Fanservice/10. Double SHSL luck. Imposter is a best bro. GUNDHAM. Tsumaranai lol. Muh Naegi and Kirigiri ship.

A spinoff for "Yu know why?" won't be surprising since there wasn't much an epilogue thing for Munakata besides "I got my own burden to bear". Not sure what or how he's going to do that.

Now to wait for Danganronpa 2.5 : hopeman's adventure.

Last edited by Kopi; 2016-09-30 at 01:02.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 00:33   Link #40
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still wondering HOW Kamukura Izuru/Hinata woke up the rest of Class 77 with their memories of DR2 intact?

When the 5 woke up from the NWP, it was shutdown so they lost all memory of DR2 killing and retained their Despair before entering NWP.

Nagito got robotic arm made of Monokuma parts(black and white)......nice!

I think Mikan was going to tell Naegi about Kirigiri, but got owned by Nagito.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote