3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-17, 11:12   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Fate/stay night Episode 11 Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the eleventh episode of Fate/stay night. Air date: Fri 17th Mar 2006 (late Friday night / early Saturday morning)

Please remember this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread

Since the series is licensed the following posts are not allowed!
  • Asking where you can find F/sn downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing F/sn fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading F/sn.
  • Asking for playback help for F/sn episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime but please remember to limit the discussion to the anime story only. In addition, please remain on-topic and do not post any spoilers.

Any spoilers from the game will be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers). Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 11:35   Link #2
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ep11 has aired:

Screenies at 2chan

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2460015.htm
Old 2006-03-17, 11:54   Link #3
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Looks like Shinji is up to his old tricks.

Is it me or does Shirou use up one of his command matras this episode?

More points for Rin. She's fitting the housewife role very well so far...
Old 2006-03-17, 12:02   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Looks like Rin and Sabre are getting along pretty well. Shirou has a very good start to building his Harem. Now he just need to get Sakura and Rin to get along better then slide the loli into the group.
Old 2006-03-17, 12:11   Link #5
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Looks like Rin and Sabre are getting along pretty well. Shirou has a very good start to building his Harem. Now he just need to get Sakura and Rin to get along better then slide the loli into the group.

Too bad though that Rider had to bite the bullet. She had the best voice in the series by far... *still has shivers from that forest scene*
Old 2006-03-17, 12:14   Link #6
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Is it me or does Shirou use up one of his command matras this episode?
Yes, Shirou used one to summon Saber to his location.
Old 2006-03-17, 12:21   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Too bad though that Rider had to bite the bullet. She had the best voice in the series by far... *still has shivers from that forest scene*
You never know.

unless they show Rider actually dying you never know.

*points at Aoi at Mai-Otome
Old 2006-03-17, 12:28   Link #8
justinstrife

I thought all the blood splattered across the hallway from that neck wound was enough....
Old 2006-03-17, 12:32   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I thought all the blood splattered across the hallway from that neck wound was enough....
Look at the preview, Rider is back for a re-match.
Old 2006-03-17, 12:34   Link #10
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Blood from her neck...
Spoiler:
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 13:10   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Judging from the screenshots of episode 12..

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-17, 14:48   Link #12
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
Blood from her neck...
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mr. Guy; 2006-03-17 at 18:12.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 14:59   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-17, 16:03   Link #14
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmmm Rider is licking her blade....somehow it makes her look psychotic. I think the heat of battle against worthy opponent made her into insatiable, bloodthirsty combatant.

Looks like the buildup begans, to the rooftop scene battle. And for Rider fans.....

Certain elegance in her movement, yes?
Old 2006-03-17, 16:16   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2460015.htm

Certainly, Rider is the archetype and predecessor of the females clad in black leather.

Riders' fans will get healthy amount of nosebleeds with those movements she poses.

As for the preview pics for the next episode.....
Spoiler:

I wouldn't mind if a woman like Rider tells me that she's going to kill me in the most gentle way possible; reference to episode five.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 16:55   Link #16
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Yes, Shirou used one to summon Saber to his location.
I don't pretend to understand all the rules of the contest or the laws of physics (and metaphysics) in the Type Moon universe, but is there anything stopping Shirou, Rin, and Saber from getting cellphones? I haven't seen the episode yet, so I don't know if it would have helped or not in this particular case, but you would think it would come in handy sooner or later. She might not have to, but given Saber's position on Shirou breaking his promise to her, I'd image she'd respond to an urgent phone call in a heartbeat.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 17:03   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
but is there anything stopping Shirou, Rin, and Saber from getting cellphones?.
Shirou phones Saberm "Hey Saber, i'm about to battle Shinji & Rider, come as fast as you can!" Or he can use a command Mantra.. and she'll appear straight away.

I wonder which one's better.
Old 2006-03-17, 17:11   Link #18
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Shirou phones Saberm "Hey Saber, i'm about to battle Shinji & Rider, come as fast as you can!" Or he can use a command Mantra.. and she'll appear straight away.

I wonder which one's better.
You forgot that the seals come in a very limited supply. the best choice is for shirou to just accept the fact that saber should come with him. Still waiting to see this episode btw.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 17:12   Link #19
kari-no-sugata

Wow... Shirou is like a different person today.

He still can't seem to reinforce the lamps, but Rin finds out he's been up to some freaky stuff in the shed - ie turning some everyday objects into iron (it seems). Rin is shocked since it's not possible for a normal magician to do that - yet, Shirou wouldn't even know that "because he's an idiot"

Later, Shinji calls Shirou and tells him to come to school. And the life-force draining spell has been activated - the students are writing in pain. Shinji starts gloating to Shirou and "just happens to mention" how Taiga was surprisingly tough against the spell, and tried to get Shinji to call an ambulance - but Shinji kicked her, knocking her unconscious at least, but maybe she died on the spot.

Naturally, Shirou is royally pissed at this, and instead of the single glowing line from his "trace on" thing, we get two crackling lines. Shirou goes to beat some sense into Shinji and charges forwards, but Shinji does a magic attack. Shirou uses his training from Saber to dodge and moves to get Shinji when Rider appears - Shirou dodges the first attack. He can't dodge the next set properly and gets a bunch of wounds. Shinji orders Rider to kill Shirou already and she goes for a finishing blow but her weapon breaks on contact with Shirou (though he's still hurt). So she kicks him out the window - and they're high up.

Shirou summons Saber and she catches him. Shirou tells Saber to take care of Rider - he'll handle Shinji.

Saber holds off Rider without too much difficulty, though it's not one-sided. However, Shinji turns tail and runs pretty easily when threatened by Shirou. Another magic attack of his fails - this time, Shirou blocked it after turning part of a broom into iron. Shirou grabs Shinji by the throat and tells him to release the spell or else. But Shinji doesn't believe Shirou could kill him so refuses. But it seems Shirou has always been prepared to kill another magician (because of things his dad said) and Shinji in a panic orders Rider to release the spell. She gives an obvious look of distain but releases it.

Shirou isn't done yet though and orders Shinji to cast aside all his command mantra, but Shinji doesn't seem ready to go that far.

Rider then turbos past Saber to where Shinji and Shirou is. She then uses the magic energy gathered from the earlier spell to do an advanced attack and escape at the same time. Looks like Shirou's magic power runs out and he collapses.

Later, he wakes up at home with Rin beside him. Heheh, she acts rather cute when he thanks her for the trouble he's given her again.

He goes to talk to Saber in the dojo (she's still in her armour) and she's rather unhappy with him fighting alone etc. He apologies nicely, and Saber accepts that he's going to be better from now on... but actually, Shirou says he doesn't regret anything he's done before. He still can't stand to see her get hurt and couldn't stand to order her off to fight. Anyway, they will fight together and they shake hands. Then Rin comes in and acts curious about what they were up to. She also has a change of clothes for Saber (forcible summoning ruined her old ones or something). Rin comments that they're rather plain and asks why Saber likes that style so much. She says it's because Shirou said they look good on her

Next week: looks like a "conclusive" ariel battle in the city between Saber and Rider.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 17:23   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
You forgot that the seals come in a very limited supply. the best choice is for shirou to just accept the fact that saber should come with him.
I know that, but its not like Shirou's gonna phone Saber up right before Rider starts to kick the crap out of him.

And if Saber was to walk around school with Shirou all the time.. i'm sure that wouldn't go well with the rest of the students. ^^;