AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-05-18, 11:17   Link #1
Mists

[Manga] Chapter 307 Discussion

For those of you who predicted no action...you're right.

Sai talks about defending bonds.

Sasuke it more cold than ever saying all about severing bonds of everyone, and only keeping one - the hatred of his brother.

Tons of quick flashbacks for Naruto. He still doesn't understand...and he asks why he wasn't killed.

Sasuke explains he didn't sever that bond yet and that there was something told from his brother about Naruto...

Then quickly before anyone could see him, Sasuke hugs naruto and then basically says that he'll sever the bond right now and kill him. Sasuke also explains that in order to being Hokage there is better time spent training than going after him.

So it ends with him drawing his sword, Naruto still, everyone shocked at Sasuke's speed and Sasuke says he'll end Naruto's life

One a side note...It seems like unfortunately Kishimoto and co are regressing back to their old drawing styles (maybe the confusion with the flashbacks, it didn't seem like they were copied and pasted)...

All characters are looking like their old selves again...Maybve it's just me...
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 11:24   Link #2
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I feel 'that' jutsu will make it's appearance VERY soon :\
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 11:30   Link #3
Rurik
Golden

So, guessing for what Sasuke is saying, he still plans of getting the MS?

So much for the “I will gain power in my own way”, I don’t know but Kishimot is lacking integrity here.

And this part “Sasuke hugs naruto”..I guess we can say that the love triangle is complete were Sasuke loves Naruto, he said, “well, if you can’t be mine, you will not be for anyone”; let the Gay jokes about Sasuke increase exponentially.
Old 2006-05-18, 11:33   Link #4
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
The neruto sasuke will kil migth just be his bunshin. Their would be no way for Sasuke to tell since he isnt curently using the sharingan. anyway i'm waiting for a translation now. :P
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 11:44   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
The neruto sasuke will kil migth just be his bunshin. Their would be no way for Sasuke to tell since he isnt curently using the sharingan. anyway i'm waiting for a translation now. :P
LOL, You are right, the last chapter Naruto made a lot of KB, so it will not be a surprise that it is one, But even with the Sharingan, Sasuke would had not been able to tell if it was a Kage Bushin or not.

But is too predictable to KB, shocker will be that Sasuke kills Naruto in the next chapter, now that would be interesting. (again..Sorry Syaroan, It’s not my intention)
Old 2006-05-18, 11:48   Link #6
yamikage

After reading 4chan's translations, it's a pretty safe bet that Naruto is now officially emo:
Quote:
Naruto: WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL ME!?
And with that hugging part, Naruto is no longer following in DBZ's footsteps. Rather, it's now more like Get Backers, Prince of Tennis, or Death Note. Go figure.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 12:28   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
So, guessing for what Sasuke is saying, he still plans of getting the MS?

So much for the “I will gain power in my own way”, I don’t know but Kishimot is lacking integrity here.
I don't think this is the case anymore. With what he has shown, I don't think he does consider Naruto as a friend anymore, at least not consciously (his subconscious might still consider him as a friend). It is not like the last time. Last time both his friendship and hatred towards Itachi was coupled together. This time, if there is no pressure of MS, then he can do what he says.

Too many flashbacks to avoid action. The chapter could have easily ended with Sasuke actually making his move where we have to wait for Naruto's answer in the next chapter. Hopefully (I lost the count of hopes) this time we will be able to observe Naruto's actual strength including summons, not shadowed by Kyuubi, at least not before Sasuke starts using CS. But, since the other Kakashi-gang is also around, unless Oro or Kabuto shows up, Sasuke might need to withdraw from action before we can see a serious Naruto or Sakura.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 13:08   Link #8
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I don't think this is the case anymore. With what he has shown, I don't think he does consider Naruto as a friend anymore, at least not consciously (his subconscious might still consider him as a friend). It is not like the last time. Last time both his friendship and hatred towards Itachi was coupled together. This time, if there is no pressure of MS, then he can do what he says.
Yeah, and that’s why I’m al little confused about the action taken now:

Quote:
Sasuke explains he didn't sever that bond yet and that there was something told from his brother about Naruto...

Then quickly before anyone could see him, Sasuke hugs naruto and then basically says that he'll sever the bond right now and kill him.
Given the first sentence, He said he did not Kill him, and there is something he was told about Naruto, I’m guessing is the bond thing, and about killing your closest bond. Now given that he wants to kill that bond, it seems, as he wants to finish what he could not once. I might be incorrect, but that was what I could understand from the summary.
Old 2006-05-18, 13:28   Link #9
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Damn ..stupid time of the day to release a chapter... can't even make a proper summary anymore add at the top of this kind of thread ?

307 - Caprice (?)
Spoiler:

Short Summary:
Sasuke looks at Naruto, asking: "Naruto... you were too ?"
Naruto looks up in silence.
"Is Kakashi there too then?"

Yamato arrives on the scene and start talking to Sasuke.
Yamato says he's not Kakashi but replacing him
Kakashi's team came to take Sasuke back to Konoha.
Sasuke wonders if this is Kakakshi's team: "Kakashi's group?"
At that moment Sai draws his sword

Sakura is angry after Sai: "Sai! You after all!"
Sasuke talks about Sai being his replacement only talking about protecting Sasuke's bond with Naruto. That's what he said entering into his room.

Sai tells Sasuke his goal was stricktly confidential. He's gonna leave Sasuke alone wants to move from on his own now. Sai says he reminded him of his past, making an old feeling come back.

Sai says that although he doesn't know their thing well, there're some reasons to be herewith Naruto and Sakura desperately running after him. If he cuts the bond with him, he'll desperately try reconnectings. Sai doesn't know how to say this, but Sasuke should know for himself.

Sasuke says he knows and that's why he broke them. He has another bond.
Naruto, Sakura, Sai and Yamato look at him (stunned)

Sasuke says his bond is one of hate, with his brother.
(Flashback) Why are you weak. Because you lack hatred.
Having many bonds leads one away. Makes the strongest feeling weak.

Naruto keeps quiet and remembers (flashback) what Sasuke said during their fight at the valley of the end when Sasuke told Naruto he doesn't know what it means to lose his siblings.
Then...

(flashback)Why do you go that far for me?
Because of the bond I created and it happened to be with you.
Then I'll break that bond...

Naruto asks why Sasuke didn't kill him back then and why he didn't cut those bonds. Sasuke replies there're only one simple reason he didn't do so.
(Flashback) Itachi saying that for obtaining the Mangekyou Sharingan he has to kill his closest friend.

Sasuke says he heard the way to follow from him, the only way to gain power. Naruto asks what Sasuke means. Sasuke replies he doesn't need to explain.

Sasuke tells Naruto that at that time he only saved him by a caprice/whim he had.
Sakura, Yamato and Sai are stunned

Sasuke moves incredibly fast, and stands in from of Naruto, holding his left arm over Naruto's shoulder. They didn't even see Sasuke move. Yamato: “Fast!”

Sasuke asks Naruto if he didn't have a dream of becoming Hokage and asks if it's good to have lost it chasing him.
That's why this time...

Sasuke takes his katana
... you'll lose your life at my whim.

Naruto tells Sasuke that a person who doesn't even save his closest friend cannot become Hokage...
Sasuke replies with “Hmph..”

Hmmm... Sasuke has become quite cold-hearted. They won't get him back without a fight. Like Naruto is standing in front of Sasuke, it looks like he doesn't care if he'll get killed now. Poor kid T_T

Ano ... is it worth spending some time on these summaries ? I've been doing this one quite late when every one here already read it and I guess translations are out as well by now...

PS: I looooooove that picture I posted with the summary
Naruto looks as if he's totally lost in time and in his mind.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 13:30   Link #10
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

With the translation out.....

It seems to me as though Sasuke is out to pick up where he left off in obtaining Mangekyo Sharingan.

He spared Naruto's life before but now that the oppurtunity has presented itself the potential to obtain the Mangekyo Sharingan is something he can't resist going for.

It's hard to believe Sasuke with his emotionless attitude could still think so much of Naruto as a friend that killing him would get him the Mangekyo Sharingan but he admits to Sai that those bonds are still there, not severed, just abandoned.

Since Sasuke has made his first move and stated his intent to kill Naruto I think we can expect action of some sort in the next chapter.

I would not be surprised if Orochimaru interfered though.

I'd be interested in seeing Sakura (who seemed stunned by Sasuke's behavior) defend Naruto against Sasuke.

Obviously they are not all going to sit there and let Sasuke kill Naruto with that badass Katana he is wielding.
Old 2006-05-18, 13:36   Link #11
gibits
Endless

Sasuke said he didn't kill Naruto that time on a whim. He said if he wanted to kill him now it would be on a whim as well. Naruto's like line was remarkably poised for Naruto: "What kind of Hokage wouldn't save his friend?" I would've expected Naruto to get all emo and have a bunch of sweat beads on his head but he just looked straight and said it. Of course that Naruto might just be a fake and the real one is fighting Oro.

I'd like to see Naruto doing two things at once, I think it's time this series got back on track, and without Kybuui involved this time. I still scream at my screen "stop sucking!!" when I read the latest chapters...... if this doesn't pick up soon I'm think I'm just gonna stop following the manga (anime at least has Sasori to look forward to).
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 13:39   Link #12
Mirtual

Something to laugh again. First, I must say Konoha has the most fu**** up elite force in the world. Does anyone there ever do what they are told to? Guess not. No one cares about things like orders in Konoha, your personal feelings and interst are everything. What a joke. Yamato is my only hope left.
And I swear, when this fight with the whole "I am SOOOOO evil and heartless I will kill you" crap ends in a complete draw where neither of the sides gets killed or at least looses an arm or something else that is unreplacable and/or can't heal I will start to get REAL sad. Not one more pointless exchange of blows to show how strong someone is.
And unless Sasuke gets taken back to Konoha I fear all his fangirls will have to be very sad, because his only two left connections to the main story now are his showdown with Itachi and being Orochimarus little apprentice. So we won't be seeing a lot from him in the future.
It would be damn funny if Sasuke starts to make some dance moves like Kimimaro now. I hope that sword is at least some super legendary sword like that all mighty yet useless Kusanagi.
Come on Kishimoto, we know you like Sasuke the most, but if he does not fit in the story anymore then do us a favor and let him get his fight with Itachi and get over it.
Sasuke better does something REAL evil soon.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 13:59   Link #13
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Perfect time for Yamato to jump in and take the killing blow I think. I like it that Sasuke is giving in to the hatred; just as Itachi foresaw.

I don't like it though that Sasuke is becoming more and more like Itachi; using a Katana, having the same mentality, and now is even starting to move as fast as him. Then there will be the MS.
Old 2006-05-18, 14:03   Link #14
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Yeah, and that’s why I’m al little confused about the action taken now:

Given the first sentence, He said he did not Kill him, and there is something he was told about Naruto, I’m guessing is the bond thing, and about killing your closest bond. Now given that he wants to kill that bond, it seems, as he wants to finish what he could not once. I might be incorrect, but that was what I could understand from the summary.
I am not sure about the accuracy of that summary. According to the translations, it seems that Sasuke says in response to Sai's questions something along the lines of "that's why I severed them (the bonds)". That sentence refers to him cutting the bonds most probably long time ago.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 14:10   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Well, I don’t know about you guys, but Sasuke personality is expected, I mean, I don’t think that Hanging around with Orochimaru for 3 years made him love puppies and help old ladies walk the street, he seems less evil than I tough he would be, at least he was asking about where is Kakashi and remembered Sakuras name. BTW, Sasukes mocked new team 7 - "Kakashi's group?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I am not sure about the accuracy of that summary. According to the translations, it seems that Sasuke says in response to Sai's questions something along the lines of "that's why I severed them (the bonds)". That sentence refers to him cutting the bonds most probably long time ago.
Syaroan summary made it look as he still was talking as if those bonds existed.
Old 2006-05-18, 14:18   Link #16
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Best chapter i have seen in long time. I enjoyed it, the flash backs were a little confusing, but all in all a good chapter.

I liked Narutos last responce, but i have to think about whats going to happen next. Naruto has already collapsed 2 times, so i highkly doubt he will be able to dodge it himself, exp with this speed Sasuke has shown. I think Sai could step in!

Death to Sai! and then possibly a fight, while naruto holds Sai dieing in his hands, and then the bugger off (sas and oro) and Naruto cries again.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 14:22   Link #17
Apollian

i think they will take Sasuke back to Konoha, somehow he'll return. i'm not sure how but it will make the story interesting. its lacking at the moment. you wait a week for a few lines, and back storys which kill the momentum of the story in stead of creating tension need to carry the flow.
i think Naruto is up to something, Busin? maybe, but he wouldn't stay there and let Sas-gay kill him. either he knows he really wouldn't, or his got an ace up his sleeve.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 14:41   Link #18
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

well obviously naruto won't die, so it's either a bunshin or someone manages to help him out. but i honestly doubt that they'll be able to bring sasuke back with them. he's just one of those characters that don't belong. my guess is by the end of the series he'll do a darth vader thing (turn good right before he dies).
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 14:44   Link #19
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
either he knows he really wouldn't, or his got an ace up his sleeve.
Yeah, I know what is that Naruto has on his sleeves….A Exploding Kage Bushin…, that will be so Cool and Ironic.

Syaoran, you have been a little quiet in this thread, it seems you are anxius for next chapter to see what will happen; make one of your cool Drawings to represent the moment of Naruto and Sasuke!
Old 2006-05-18, 14:45   Link #20
Seiken

Send a message via MSN to Seiken
This will probably be where Sai dies. He'll jump in and take the hit for Naruto.
Seiken is offline   Reply With Quote