AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-04, 19:24   Link #41
Mistyclear

Listening to Krory's voice was definitely the greatest shock to me.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 19:26   Link #42
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
@SibylEnd
Manga is more colorful.
I KNOW RIGHT! loved that element to it. vibrant characters and colourful designs and.. generally alot of colour; which constrasted well with the gothic tudor setting. still don't get why the anime thought it best to embrace the tudor setting.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 19:32   Link #43
Wandering Soul

It feels great to have D Gray man back.

Miranda's new design caught me off guard at first and I almost didn't recognize her.
Old 2016-07-04, 21:15   Link #44
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

It's been so long, I could barely remember the main character's name, let alone the plot. They also changed the voice actors sadly. I really liked Lena as Itou Shizuka and Sanae Kobayashi as Allen (weird that he was voiced by a female seiyuu, but it somehow fitted very nicely).
Old 2016-07-04, 21:46   Link #45
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Good to see a continuation of D.Gray-Man!

But the new animation and, especially!, the new voice actors will need some getting use to. Like many here, I miss the original voice actors, especially Lavi's!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:45   Link #46
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

First episode was solid but I definitely miss Shizuka Itou too. She's such an underrated seiyuu.

Regardless, I am just so thrilled that this is actually happening. As soon as I heard it announced I knew I was going to watch the entire new series.
Old 2016-07-04, 22:52   Link #47
bakato

Anyone else think the animation was a little stiff?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:56   Link #48
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It definitely felt kind of budget-y to me, but I was too busy being overwhelmed by nostalgia to focus on it
Old 2016-07-04, 23:20   Link #49
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
First episode was solid but I definitely miss Shizuka Itou too. She's such an underrated seiyuu.

Regardless, I am just so thrilled that this is actually happening. As soon as I heard it announced I knew I was going to watch the entire new series.
She's not underrated at all. How and where did you get that idea?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 23:34   Link #50
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
She's not underrated at all. How and where did you get that idea?
I dunno it just seems she doesn't get brought up as much as the Mayayans and Naobus of the world when people are talking about the great seiyuu's of today.

Must just be my confirmation bias.
Old 2016-07-04, 23:39   Link #51
larethian

She's a great seiyuu of the past. A veteran. It's not like she's very young. Most veterans don't get that many roles in anime of today (though Itou still seemed to be pretty active in anime). You would still find them in other media like games often enough though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 23:47   Link #52
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
She's a great seiyuu of the past. A veteran. It's not like she's very young. Most veterans don't get that many roles in anime of today (though Itou still seemed to be pretty active in anime). You would still find them in other media like games often enough though.
I guess maybe a better comparison would be people like Rie Kugimiya or Mai Nakahara? Like there are so many Mai Nakahara fans on this forum but I have yet to meet someone who described themselves as a Shizuka Itou fan.

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
Old 2016-07-05, 00:33   Link #53
MgMaster

D.Gray Man is pretty much my favorite shounen and while I'm extremely glad to have another season of it, even if it's a saddening 13 epis(they should've made it an exception and make it 14 *cough*), did they really have to change ALL of the VAs?

I'm okay with Allen's, Kanda's, Miranda's but how could they replace Itou Shizuka's soothing voice for Lenalee with Ai Kakuma's, who's more cut out for loli characters. That's gonna be hard to get used to...

Crowley's the other big change and will take a while to get used to, even though I really like Sugiyama Noriaki, I'm not sure his voice will fit the more goofy Crowley. He usually voices more serious characters.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 00:33   Link #54
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
I guess maybe a better comparison would be people like Rie Kugimiya or Mai Nakahara? Like there are so many Mai Nakahara fans on this forum but I have yet to meet someone who described themselves as a Shizuka Itou fan.

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
I'm a big fan of Shizuka Itou, especially back in the day! When she had bigger anime roles.. tho I can't talk now because I haven't been keeping up a lot lately, but she is still very active from what I've seen, and by the way she is not that old! She's only 35!

Also, I agree about the animation being a little stiff, kinda. The characters looked better in the previous anime imo.
Old 2016-07-05, 00:48   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 02:06   Link #56
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Ok, never again will I doubt the Shizuka Itou fanbase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei
Also, I agree about the animation being a little stiff, kinda. The characters looked better in the previous anime imo.
Yeah. I mean it wasn't bad by any means but it is kind of weird that TMS animation has gotten worse over time instead of better. Maybe it's just a budget issue with this show?
Old 2016-07-05, 08:04   Link #57
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I thought it was pretty fine; compared to the previous anime series, it was much less animated i'll give you that with a lot of characters making only small movements outside of the fight scenes(which were awesome btw).

i.e. Allen Head-butting Timcampy into Cross seemed much more cartoon-ish(ly(lol wat is this term)) brutal in the manga but allen put on a humorous dumb angry face when he did it though. But i think it works since this important scene between the two would be undermined by it suddenly turning into a comedy skit edit: namely they shouldn't put to much into something that contributes very little to the purpose of the scene. But I don't think the animation was stiff at all, they just moved more realistically than most animations. Even then I still think Hallow still had more animation in the opening alone; wasn't the original first opening mostly just still images.

Last edited by SibylEnd; 2016-07-05 at 09:09.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 09:32   Link #58
Loran Cehack

Allen and Lavi's new VA's are seriously lacking the cheerfulness of the first ones.

Overall, this episode had a nice pace and helped me remember key moments of the last series. Unfortunately the animation is clearly running on a tight budget.
Old 2016-07-05, 10:30   Link #59
drawr

I enjoyed most everything about this except the new seiyuus. Would not think I'd ever be glad Lenalee is mostly irrelevant at this point because that high pitched voice doesn't suit her at all.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 10:36   Link #60
LG-MAX 2.o

I liked the first episode and like now that Akumas no longer explode when destroyed as in the original anime and now are dismembered.

on the animation and art, I'll wait a few more episodes to get a better sense, it may be just a matter of getting used to the new art of some characters.

about animation, I did not see problems, many people are leaving the nostalgia and selective memory speak louder, but the original anime had over 100 episodes, and bro, much shit was made, and most of the entertainment was average, so far OK.

on the voices, I'm fine.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote