AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10: Amazing... 37 42.53%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 32 36.78%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 11.49%
7 out of 10: Good... 4 4.60%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 3.45%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.15%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-22, 09:50   Link #61
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
overall pace i find is ok (not too rush or too slow) . the coffee scene is hilarious though kinda predictable

The atmospherics fight scene is great

Rozen zulu is wow (massive beam spamming)
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:41   Link #62
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Awesome episode, nuff said!
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:41   Link #63
quagmire

Overall I loved the episode. Only one thing didn't make complete sense to me.

It was at the beginning with delivering the Banshee for its mission. Yeah, a base currently under attack by the enemy would allow a base jabber to enter their airspace and land to deliver a prototype mobile suit.....

Besides that, loved this episode. Why must we wait a whole year for the next one?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:53   Link #64
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yes action-packed! Bright's tactics were great. Glad Zinnerman was able to get through to Marida. Unicorn finally turning green was sweet. Damn why can't Riddhe die, well he's got the Banshee now. Rozen Zulu was so awesome. Now time to wait a year.
Old 2012-05-22, 16:00   Link #65
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Amazing episode though Rozen Zulu somewhat stole the show. I love how it did a small bow before Full Frontal's Sinanju jumped in.

Was waiting for Riddhe to get some sort of beating. the Banshee beating was better idea than what I thought of.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by Kaihan; 2012-05-22 at 16:15.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 16:11   Link #66
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The action was sure fanastic this episode, boy what a treat.

That first bit threw me off for a few moments there. How did they manage to find a voice actor that sounds like he’s actually American? The other one still had that fake accent that you can easily distinguish, but at least they managed to get one that’s good at his role.

All and all I haven't been so into a Gundam series in quite some time, never became a huge fan of the newer Gundam shows such as Seed and 00, and I don't even feel like bothering with AGE at the moment. Always been a UC fan at heart and its been a real thrill watching this show especially with the type of high quality it is showing off. The wait for the next episode is going to be a killer.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 19:32   Link #67
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That first bit threw me off for a few moments there. How did they manage to find a voice actor that sounds like he’s actually American? The other one still had that fake accent that you can easily distinguish, but at least they managed to get one that’s good at his role.
The ground control guy was probably also a voice actor for the dub or else was just really, really fluent in English
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 00:35   Link #68
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Amazing episode though Rozen Zulu somewhat stole the show. I love how it did a small bow before Full Frontal's Sinanju jumped in.
^This. The Rozen Zulu totally outshines the Banshee and Unicorn in this episode. Oh and I too loved that respectful bow, as if Angelo had done any other day-to-day errand.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:27   Link #69
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The battle sucked? U crazy? Seeing the Zeon remnants pwn the feddie GMs and in turn get pwned by the Byarlant Custom and Jesta team was awesome
i mean the only thing that was good was the battle , the rest just sucked thing of banagher becoming an emo ?
killing of loni?
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 04:49   Link #70
hai_san

So they are back in Space... with Full Frontal to deal with not to mention General Revil. Unicorn didnt pwn as much as i had hope/heard... well considering he didnt fight anyone except trying to stop Marida. Riddle has my condolences, disturbed family, hate the world and the woman he loves leaves him too no wonder he goes emo/crazy. Angelos new MS is ownage, isnt it even better than Marida old Kshatriya?

btw no preview for the next ep, i am to go berserk!

ps: Mineva is really brave, to jump out in 10-15km height and hoping/calling that Banagher catch her, i can feel the love...
pss: wasnt it suppose to be a "covered" operation, what up with the lightshow... no wonder everyone was expecting them in space

Last edited by hai_san; 2012-05-23 at 05:27.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 05:46   Link #71
desmondchieng
DesmondChieng.com

Angelo's Rozen Zulu is developed based on Neo Zeon's Hamma Hamma (from ZZ Gundam)

An awesome Anti-Newtype Mobile Suit while the Kshatriya is just another newtype-use MS...
desmondchieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 06:15   Link #72
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Actually, the other guy (speaking for Torrington control) sounded French to me. Which doesn't make any sense, since they're supposed to be in America.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 08:57   Link #73
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know, when Zinnerman was reunited with Marida, I expected it all to suddenly go wrong so I'm glad it didn't. I wish Banagher got to see Loni when he saw Daguza and Gilboa, though.

All in all it was another terrific episode, though I must admit that wasn't nearly a much of an emotional rollercoaster as Episodes 2, 3 and 4. But it was great seeing old characters like Kai and Beltorchika again. And I guess Banagher didn't need a Bright Slap.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 09:10   Link #74
bio9205
Reborn

Forgot to post this earlier - why the heck did Banagher need to transform to Destroy mode just to catch Mineva, anyway?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 09:20   Link #75
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Forgot to post this earlier - why the heck did Banagher need to transform to Destroy mode just to catch Mineva, anyway?
speed up

unicorn mode 2 boosters vs destroy mode 8 boosters(4 backpack, 2 on legs, 2 on back waist) . faster the better
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 09:34   Link #76
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And I guess Banagher didn't need a Bright Slap.
Hopefully there is still some room for it somewhere left in the show. It just wouldn't be a complete Gundam experience without a Bright slap.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 10:52   Link #77
quagmire

Quote:
Hopefully there is still some room for it somewhere left in the show. It just wouldn't be a complete Gundam experience without a Bright slap.
I hope it's Riddhe that gets it. He needs one badly. Gets rejected by a girl and his reaction is to blame the Gundams( and not Banagher) and goes nuts? If it was Feldt or Marina I could understand since Setsuna is in love with the Gundam, but that is some big time displaced anger.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 10:55   Link #78
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
I'd say, you'll be wondering if the 1 year war wait will be worth it.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 11:09   Link #79
rninejr

I think it's more eyecandy to catch mineva with Unicorn destroy mode rather than the pure white one

hahah, don't worry. I know the real reason why he did that, though

what a solid eps
about both story and battle

and Im glad that Im not the only one who noticed angelo's Rozen zulu bowing before Sinanju (in my neighbourhood, its only me)
rninejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 11:21   Link #80
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Rozen Zulu little beam thingies reminded me of the Braw Bo
But the episode was awesome happy Zimmerman finally told us why he loves Marida so much.

Tags
episode discussion