StormD
D is for Damage!

Send a message via ICQ to StormD Send a message via AIM to StormD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox
attn. Raspberry Heaven

STOP MAKING (VERY BAD) FANSUBS Of PANDA-Z

Anime-Classic (with Anine-In-Action) is doing the PANDA-Z subbing project

so leave Pan-Taron and the rest of the Robonimals ALONE!
attn. FarthingRedFox

I'm glad you have an opinion. Many people disagree with you, and would be quite distressed if I stopped.

If you have constructive criticism to offer about my subbing techniques, please do so. Otherwise, cram it.

As for the "stepping on another group's project" comment, You should check the timeline. I've been releasing soft-subs of Panda-Z since the day after Episode 1 first aired (i.e. before anyone else). I didn't whine and bitch when someone else reissued their own translation after that, so nobody better whine and bitch when I release mine before someone else does.

If you prefer hardsubs and re-encoded, highly compressed video, by all means, download another group's release. If, like my intended audience, you are into soft-subs that can be turned off if needed, and an unmolested copy of the best-quality encode currently available on the Japanese networks, check for my new releases every Tuesday.
Old 2004-05-13, 13:08   Link #42
StormD
D is for Damage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol episode 3,
Spoiler:
Back in the day, Mazinger solved this problem with retro-jets in its fingers that would propel the hand back to the robot, where it would re-attach to the forearm. Panda-Z doesn't have fingers though, so they couldn't install something like that.
Old 2004-05-13, 16:12   Link #43
kabigon

Quote:
attn. Raspberry Heaven

STOP MAKING (VERY BAD) FANSUBS Of PANDA-Z

Anime-Classic (with Anine-In-Action) is doing the PANDA-Z subbing project

so leave Pan-Taron and the rest of the Robonimals ALONE!
I agree, because there has never been an anime that has been translated and released by more than one fansubbing group, and there sure shouldn't be one now.

Oh, wait.

Old 2004-05-13, 16:47   Link #44
StormD
D is for Damage!

While I'll be the first to admit that its an almost silly waste of effort to sub this show when somebody else is doing it, we are specifically catering to an audience of several dozen fans I know who have personally expressed a desire to see more anime done with high-quality encodes, and soft-subtitles. Panda-Z is a kind of "getting my feet wet" project as I work out various tools and techniques, hone my editing and timing skills, and figure out what works and what doesn't. I could care less if anyone decides they like A-C/AiA's style better than mine, although the mountain of positive feedback I've gotten for the work that Hokuto and I on this show suggests that we're doing something right.

Anyway, I'll probably pick up a more ambitious project in a while, if time allows (I'm spending a bit of time on Shin Getter Robo with ASS right now). So people who like next-generation video formats with softsubs, chaptering, etc. can have that to look forward to.
Old 2004-05-13, 18:08   Link #45
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol the first time I saw the first episode and in the opening song, I tought it was going to be a parody of Super Robot Wars, how they setup the entire city as pandas and all those robots as pandas too. ^^

I don't know, i just entertaining the prospect if they gona make a Super Robot Wars game with pandas. ^^
Old 2004-05-13, 22:23   Link #46
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Let me just say that StormD's ep 1 was the first way I saw this show, and I fell in love immediately.

I don't mean to take anything away from his work by doing this - as he put it, we must have different audiences.

BTW, people wondering where the hell we are with 4 and 5... I've had work lately, and lack of motivation... Expect at least 4 to be done by this weekend or so.
Old 2004-05-27, 16:57   Link #47
Mr. Tadakichi
ZB's A-Z of J-Music

Can someone please release a regular .avi or .mpg version of eps 4+?
Old 2004-05-27, 16:58   Link #48
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tadakichi
Can someone please release a regular .avi or .mpg version of eps 4+?

we (a-classic and AiA) will as soon as i get off my lazy arse
Old 2004-05-27, 17:00   Link #49
Mr. Tadakichi
ZB's A-Z of J-Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
we (a-classic and AiA) will as soon as i get off my lazy arse
Hey, no sweat! I was just wondering if it was going to happen.

Thanks!
Old 2004-06-02, 16:26   Link #50
FarthingRedFox

i stop bashing Raspberry Heaven's fansubbing
HOWEVER i'm NOW VERY ticked off on the format Raspberry Heaven decided to release their PANDA-Z subs on.... the format known as (.mkv)

This format requires us Fansub addicts to install yet another codec (that only uses this format)
Old 2004-06-02, 16:41   Link #51
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Quote:
HOWEVER i'm NOW VERY ticked off on the format Raspberry Heaven decided to release their PANDA-Z subs on.... the format known as (.mkv)

This format requires us Fansub addicts to install yet another codec (that only uses this format)
Oh, for the love of God, give it a rest.
Old 2004-06-02, 17:54   Link #52
StormD
D is for Damage!

Quote:

You know, it would be a lot easier for my friends and I to laugh at how stupid you are, if you would please confine your ridiculous attempts at flaming Studio ADTRW to one place. For that purpose, I have created a thread on the ADTRW forums just for you! You can post in this thread every time you are angry at the folks from ADTRW and Raspberry Heaven because you don't like Matroska containers, or don't like soft-subs, or don't like the way I spell Pan-Talon's name with an L instead of an R, or don't like how ADTRW makes fun of you because you're a furry faggot who jacks off to Gidget from Chip'n'Dale's Rescue Rangers, or whatever else. This way, you can be sure that we will notice how much you hate us, and we will carefully read and consider everything you have to say. In fact, we will go over your posts word by word, analyzing and dissecting them so that we are sure not to miss any opportunity to laugh at you.

Last edited by StormD; 2004-06-02 at 19:26.
Old 2004-06-02, 21:11   Link #53
FarthingRedFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormD
You know, it would be a lot easier for my friends and I to laugh at how stupid you are, if you would please confine your ridiculous attempts at flaming Studio ADTRW to one place. For that purpose, I have created a thread on the ADTRW forums just for you! You can post in this thread every time you are angry at the folks from ADTRW and Raspberry Heaven because you don't like Matroska containers, or don't like soft-subs, or don't like the way I spell Pan-Talon's name with an L instead of an R, or don't like how ADTRW makes fun of you because you're a furry faggot who jacks off to Gidget from Chip'n'Dale's Rescue Rangers, or whatever else. This way, you can be sure that we will notice how much you hate us, and we will carefully read and consider everything you have to say. In fact, we will go over your posts word by word, analyzing and dissecting them so that we are sure not to miss any opportunity to laugh at you.
StormD, i'm cool about the Soft Subs now
but, it's the Matroska that's the problem
here's the facts --- according to a DownloadAnime.org poll: commonly ppl view fansubs on WMP ... but, MKV has 1 fluke on WMP: NO FULL SCREEN MODE!

I like the soft subs .... their OK
but, the Matroska must go
that's my opinion
sorry for the fiasco!
Old 2004-06-02, 21:26   Link #54
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Quote:
but, MKV has 1 fluke on WMP: NO FULL SCREEN MODE!
What kind of bullshit is that? I always view MKV's fullsized. Are you sure your head is screwed on right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormD
or don't like how ADTRW makes fun of you because you're a furry
There are no such thing as furrys, quit trying to scare me.
Old 2004-06-02, 21:41   Link #55
FarthingRedFox

Invoker,
believe me FURRIES ARE REAL!
there are conventions for them
Anthrocon, Melphit Furmeet, Further Confusion, Pawpet Megaplex, etc.
Old 2004-06-02, 21:42   Link #56
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Do you beleive everything Big Brother tells you? They're just a myth to make people obey.
Old 2004-06-02, 21:46   Link #57
FarthingRedFox

Unhappy

to StromD:
I am not (repeat) NOT a Faggot
I'm a clean NO SEX furry
just like Yappy Sly Fox & Herbie Bearclaw

and i think you read too much Plug Puppies and comparing me to Emo Bunny

plus i RESPECT the FURRY FANDOM which as you YOU NEVER UNDERSTAND IT!because you watch/read the negative press about The Furry Fandom ... A LOT!

The Furry Fandom has been bashed by MTV, Vanity Fair, Jimmy Kimmel Live! & The Writers Of C.S.I

And I Respect The Furry Fandom always!

I never yiff any furry
I never draw erotica furry art

So stop bashing me and stop bashing the fandom i respect DO dearly!

Last edited by FarthingRedFox; 2004-06-02 at 22:18.
Old 2004-06-02, 22:19   Link #58
FarthingRedFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invoker
Do you beleive everything Big Brother tells you? They're just a myth to make people obey.
OH YEAH? TELL THAT TO UNCLE KAGE!
Old 2004-06-02, 23:16   Link #59
StormD
D is for Damage!

Quote:
fansubs on WMP ... but, MKV has 1 fluke on WMP: NO FULL SCREEN MODE!
If I tell you the secret is to press Alt-Enter will you please shut up? Seriously. Press Alt-Enter. Full-screen is there. MKV does not affect this.

Furry.

Edit: Faggot

Edit2: on second thought, don't shut up. You're far too entertaining.

Last edited by StormD; 2004-06-03 at 00:20.
Old 2004-06-03, 08:08   Link #60
FarthingRedFox

1st off ... YOU Shut Up!
2nd... you mention that The Full Screen won't affect the MKV files (Your Right)
i did that with "THe Angel Of Midnight" and it won't go into full screen (entirely)
WMP acts like it's a border when it's on MKV files set on Full-Screen Mode
Closed Thread