AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-27, 03:12   Link #2081
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Hmmm...

People, let's compare please. Bear with me, I think I'm onto something.

Spoiler for Othinus, NT9:


Spoiler for NT8 fake spoilers:


It's not the exact same thing (for example, where do you put Espers?), but it has enough similarities to make one ask: was the leaker Kamachi trolling us!?
I've always wanted it to be true. But if it were true, then he'd still be leading us in the right direction. Though it's especially funny if he make them fake to trick us into thinking they have to be wrong.

Also, as this book continues, I'm subscribing to the fact that Kamachi made this a lot better than the other books.

I like the philosophical dilemma here though and the RPG references...
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-01-27, 03:18   Link #2082
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Hmmm...

People, let's compare please. Bear with me, I think I'm onto something.

Spoiler for Othinus, NT9:


Spoiler for NT8 fake spoilers:


It's not the exact same thing (for example, where do you put Espers?), but it has enough similarities to make one ask: was the leaker Kamachi trolling us!?
Kamachi's trolling abilities have reached a level none of us can even comprehend. On a side notes it's great that Kamachi actually went through with using that idea even if he did change it a little.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline  
Old 2014-01-27, 04:07   Link #2083
WiliamZ0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Hmmm...

People, let's compare please. Bear with me, I think I'm onto something.

Spoiler for Othinus, NT9:


Spoiler for NT8 fake spoilers:


It's not the exact same thing (for example, where do you put Espers?), but it has enough similarities to make one ask: was the leaker Kamachi trolling us!?
Yeah! I think the leaker is none other than Kamachi ... After all, the spoiler just too 'believable' in a sense and he might wanna trolling with all of us
WiliamZ0 is offline  
Old 2014-01-27, 08:09   Link #2084
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Hmmm...

People, let's compare please. Bear with me, I think I'm onto something.

Spoiler for Othinus, NT9:


Spoiler for NT8 fake spoilers:


It's not the exact same thing (for example, where do you put Espers?), but it has enough similarities to make one ask: was the leaker Kamachi trolling us!?
If the guy who made the "fake" spoilers isn't Kamachi, then he got really lucky with his guessing
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2014-01-27, 18:42   Link #2085
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
So like, we've all moved on from how Othinus might be tricking Touma into protecting her and fighting the world in NT 10... but Kamachi never said that Othinus wasn't still faking... he only said we'd see her acting full dere towards Touma... I'm still not sure if she's trying to make what happened in Version Alpha happen again... It seems like the same scenario could happen as a result... though I don't know...

I know it feels like this isn't true, but the fact that the scenario could go the same way is bothering me at least a little bit...
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-01-27, 18:53   Link #2086
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 22
...

Strangely, I am expecting Othinus to act dere with a total deadpan expression.
Spoiler for delusions, do not take it seriously:
__________________
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline  
Old 2014-01-27, 19:05   Link #2087
Chaos2Frozen
Pillager of Twilight
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rivers In the Desert
Age: 29
Just want to point out that the term dere doesn't always mean in a romantic light.

She could just simply be 'relaxed' around him now.

Considering how she was, even the smallest thing she do can be considered being nice.
__________________

Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2014-01-27, 23:00   Link #2088
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just want to point out that the term dere doesn't always mean in a romantic light.

She could just simply be 'relaxed' around him now.

Considering how she was, even the smallest thing she do can be considered being nice.
Thank you for the clarification. I almost lost myself in that impossible train of thought

Last edited by dniv; 2014-01-28 at 17:57.
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 01:41   Link #2089
Traitless
Gamer and To Aru person.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In a place far, far away. Just joking, in my house.
At this point, Othinus losing her magic god powers, and Touma is standing with his right fist clenched.

I'm wondering, will Touma just go out and punch everybody in the face? Nah... Too comical and ridiculous... Right?

Almost everybody there, he deflected the magic/science developed missiles, and declared to protect Othinus at the moment. At least, that is what he decided.

I am honestly clueless as to what Touma is going to do next.

It has also got me thinking... Is the next novel going to be based around other people's POVs like Index, Birdway, Lessar or Mikoto? Or is it going to continue from there?

IMO, I think the novel is going to be set up so that the first half is what other people think about his sudden change of action, and the second half is either the continuation of Touma's decision through Othinus's, the other's or Touma's POV.
Traitless is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 03:30   Link #2090
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitless View Post
At this point, Othinus losing her magic god powers, and Touma is standing with his right fist clenched.

I'm wondering, will Touma just go out and punch everybody in the face? Nah... Too comical and ridiculous... Right?

Almost everybody there, he deflected the magic/science developed missiles, and declared to protect Othinus at the moment. At least, that is what he decided.

I am honestly clueless as to what Touma is going to do next.

It has also got me thinking... Is the next novel going to be based around other people's POVs like Index, Birdway, Lessar or Mikoto? Or is it going to continue from there?

IMO, I think the novel is going to be set up so that the first half is what other people think about his sudden change of action, and the second half is either the continuation of Touma's decision through Othinus's, the other's or Touma's POV.
You know... I think that would be great though I'm sure people are going to complain like usual about the lack of Hamazura and Accelerator if that happens and they're not included... though I don't see the problem with waiting one more volume...
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 06:25   Link #2091
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Anywhere in the universe...
Next volume would be a boss rush of all the monsters he had dealt with just far right? I am expecting a fight with Accelerator (white winged), Leivinia (this time she won't hold back, she'll use the full set of major arcana), etc, and maybe the 120% beast mode Index (Touma sensed something was wrong with her).

Also, though Othinus restored Touma's original world, it is not restored 100% (maybe 99.99% or less, but close to it), so that means there will be something different in this world that only Touma and Othinus would notice. The only change that Touma noticed so far was something wrong in Index, I wonder what are the other changes.
BossKagaxx is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 06:36   Link #2092
Keila
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
Next volume would be a boss rush of all the monsters he had dealt with just far right? I am expecting a fight with Accelerator (white winged), Leivinia (this time she won't hold back, she'll use the full set of major arcana), etc, and maybe the 120% beast mode Index (Touma sensed something was wrong with her).

Also, though Othinus restored Touma's original world, it is not restored 100% (maybe 99.99% or less, but close to it), so that means there will be something different in this world that only Touma and Othinus would notice. The only change that Touma noticed so far was something wrong in Index, I wonder what are the other changes.
I don't think it was something 'wrong' with Index, more just 'index-mad, hulk smash' instead of the usual 'i'm hungry, feed me' tone.

I can't imagine Accelerator being against Touma, purely because of Last Order (and thus link to Will).
Keila is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 06:41   Link #2093
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I also don't think there is something wrong with Index. Its just that, now he just finally sense that hostility that they shown towards their enemy. And it just happen that the enemy that they after is someone he understand deeply.

He probably won't feel it if he doesn't care for whom its intended target.

I don't know how Touma would explain the situation to them or how will they believe him at all.

The world probably indeed change but the one who mostly will recognize it are the one who travels in between the changes of the world and retain their memories.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 06:51   Link #2094
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Anywhere in the universe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
I don't think it was something 'wrong' with Index, more just 'index-mad, hulk smash' instead of the usual 'i'm hungry, feed me' tone.

I can't imagine Accelerator being against Touma, purely because of Last Order (and thus link to Will).
I think it is really something different, not just the usual:

Spoiler for Epilogue NT9 Index:


For Touma to react that way, clearly there may be something wrong. Add to the fact that he experienced countless of worlds and from that experience he could tell if there is a slight difference in this world compared to the original one (while the ones in that world wouldn't notice). His world was restored almost 100% but not exactly 100%.

It is possible that he would fight with Accelerator unless he could convince him that easily with words or via Will. But I doubt that.
Ok, gonna wait after 3-4 (?) months...

Last edited by BossKagaxx; 2014-01-29 at 07:16.
BossKagaxx is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 07:40   Link #2095
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
I think it is really something different, not just the usual:

Spoiler for Epilogue NT9 Index:


For Touma to react that way, clearly there may be something wrong. Add to the fact that he experienced countless of worlds and from that experience he could tell if there is a slight difference in this world compared to the original one (while the ones in that world wouldn't notice). His world was restored almost 100% but not exactly 100%.

It is possible that he would fight with Accelerator unless he could convince him that easily with words or via Will. But I doubt that.
Ok, gonna wait after 3-4 (?) months...
I'm guessing it's a more off... oh my friends killed me for such a long time.... now someone I understand is being killed/attacked by my friends just like I was... this feels bonechilling... I think it might be a sign that he's wary around his friends because of Othinus like Tsunade666 said rather than Index having changed personality.

You have to remember that right before this happened Touma's friends said they were going to support him and fight Othinus for him yada-yada and so they were very fired up. So that wasn't abnormal really... What's happening to Othinus here is in many, many ways what was happening to Touma in version Omega... sacrifice one person for the whole world's happiness... the epilogue was really implying that... (I wonder if that's what Aleister had to deal with... and if Othinus will become like him... a recluse in a special sealed room...)
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 07:55   Link #2096
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Anywhere in the universe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm guessing it's a more off... oh my friends killed me for such a long time.... now someone I understand is being killed/attacked by my friends just like I was... this feels bonechilling... I think it might be a sign that he's wary around his friends because of Othinus like Tsunade666 said rather than Index having changed personality.

You have to remember that right before this happened Touma's friends said they were going to support him and fight Othinus for him yada-yada and so they were very fired up. So that wasn't abnormal really... What's happening to Othinus here is in many, many ways what was happening to Touma in version Omega... sacrifice one person for the whole world's happiness... the epilogue was really implying that... (I wonder if that's what Aleister had to deal with... and if Othinus will become like him... a recluse in a special sealed room...)
I don't know, but I am still considering the fact that the world is not 100% restored, so surely there will be deviations. It was said that only the likes of Touma and Othinus who experienced countless of worlds could tell the difference while the people in it won't notice anything. The moment I saw the lines "Kamijou stopped breathing for an instant", then the next one and especially "Yet no one found it odd". I became cautious.
BossKagaxx is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 08:27   Link #2097
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
I don't know, but I am still considering the fact that the world is not 100% restored, so surely there will be deviations. It was said that only the likes of Touma and Othinus who experienced countless of worlds could tell the difference while the people in it won't notice anything. The moment I saw the lines "Kamijou stopped breathing for an instant", then the next one and especially "Yet no one found it odd". I became cautious.
True its probably at least 99.99% the same but just like Touma said. He is not sure on how much Othinus manage to recreate his own world.

Maybe there are some deviation but for now.

I think its just that Touma is starting to notice things that normally you wouldn't notice.

And its thanks to world travelling. The same can be said for Othinus.

Because their perspective is different from the world which is why they notice the difference.

I can probably say that they are observer? or watchers at some point and when they join the game. They notice some changes from the players.

For now that's my conclusion.

Got to wait for more definite clues other than feeling odd because really.

The last time I remember. Touma is the enemy of the world and Touma is replace by the others.

Touma being erased from the world not counted because Touma isn't part of that world.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 10:36   Link #2098
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
personally i feel that the next vol will be a repeat of russia travel arc when Othinus and Touma attempted to find out how to use his right hand as reference point. Index part also leave me feel suspicious.
dragon1412 is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 13:56   Link #2099
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
It is possible that he would fight with Accelerator unless he could convince him that easily with words or via Will. But I doubt that.
Ok, gonna wait after 3-4 (?) months...
Why do you think Accel would oppose Touma? And why do you think he wouldn't understand him?
Some people have been stating that since they both killed many people Accel would think before judging Othinus and threatening her.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline  
Old 2014-01-29, 16:46   Link #2100
TrueSuffering
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
I don't know, but I am still considering the fact that the world is not 100% restored, so surely there will be deviations. It was said that only the likes of Touma and Othinus who experienced countless of worlds could tell the difference while the people in it won't notice anything. The moment I saw the lines "Kamijou stopped breathing for an instant", then the next one and especially "Yet no one found it odd". I became cautious.
I think the reason no one found it odd that Index was mad is because, by their POV, they are dealing with a woman who is intending to destroy the world, killed many people, and is continuing to attack loved ones. There's a lot of reasons to be mad. It's probably just odd to Touma because he was probably so used to everyone attacking him instead. The lost breath was probably just surprise.
TrueSuffering is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.