AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 19.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 13:43   Link #41
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, now it's Initial D's turn. Just seeing the CG cars drifting in the screencaps in Omni's site is enough to make me giggle.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...lucky-star-06/

I'll be looking forward to the typical Eurobeat BGM that you normally hear in Initial D in that scene.

Edit: I take back that ill-advised "swipe" in white-coloured fonts.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-05-14 at 01:06.
Old 2007-05-13, 13:45   Link #42
krln99

The best part was the Initial D ref, complete with grainy anime and Eurobeat music. The night time scary story part was good, too.

The ending song was "Valentine Kiss" (1986) by Kokusho Sayuri of the group Onyanko Club, pretty much the 1980s progenitor of all female idol groups, especially Morning Musume. If anyone wanted to know what Kona was doing, she was acting like a fan at a concert, singing along and doing the chants and stuff. To this day, "Valentine Kiss" is still the #1 requested song to be played on Valentine's Day in Japan.
Old 2007-05-13, 14:17   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Wow, now it's Initial D's turn. Just seeing the CG cars drifting in the screencaps in Omni's site is enough to make me giggle.

I'll be looking forward to the typical Eurobeat BGM that you normally hear in Initial D in that scene.

No comment on someone trying to be the centre of attention in the first few posts. I didn't put him on my "Ignore List" for nothing, you know.
Well that does it, I'm going to go lie down over here now.

Also I don't understand why everybody keeps putting me on their ignore lists. Why don't people take me off so they can see what I'm actually saying for once instead of just assuming I'm "Trying to Be The Centre of Attention". I mean if I put everybody I disagree with on certain matters on my ignore list for this forum I'd have nobody to talk to. I also hardly think I do anything more than the average person who comes out swinging with comments on shows and isn't afraid to say what they like and don't like about a given episode. Also I can see white on this background very clearly, so I'm not sure why you tried to hide the comment.
Old 2007-05-13, 14:58   Link #44
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I really don't want to get into it, but I'll never put anyone on my ignore list unless they're just flaming people or posting pr0n or whatever, but then they'd get banned anyways. And I don't think Kaioshin_Sama is trying to get attention - he just naturally grabs attention because he isn't afraid to express his opinions even when they differ from everyone else's. Well, that's my 2 cents anyways. :/

Now for episode 6, omg, L*S gets better and better.

Spoiler for Episode 6!:
Old 2007-05-13, 15:12   Link #45
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
damn thats the best initial D parody i have ever seen and plus lots fanservice
this episode simply deserves a 10
Old 2007-05-13, 15:49   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have no one on my ignore list ... it breaks continuity

Just saw the RandomC readout on ep 6 .... wow, looks like its going to be a winner from multiple levels (a lot of stuff from the comic... some riffs for "cultural reference" fans... extra "whoa" in the art/animation... a bit less L*C).
Old 2007-05-13, 15:56   Link #47
Meophist

Hrmm… oddly enough this is basically the first time I like the Lucky Channel section.
Old 2007-05-13, 15:59   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
looking at the screen caps i think im gonna enjoy this...
Spoiler for WTF:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-13, 16:00   Link #49
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
is it me or thepart between 07:44-07:48 reminds me of misato of eva ?

oww god , tsukasa is sooo cute
at the end with the karaoke
Old 2007-05-13, 16:03   Link #50
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
looking at the screen caps i think im gonna enjoy this...
Spoiler for WTF:
I think that's what makes it so funny. We're left shokku-ed by her face and her giving us the (censored) finger. XD And I have to say, poor Minoru. Akira-sama's moved beyond just insulting him.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-05-13 at 16:09. Reason: lols forgot to close the spoiler tag... hope you covered your eyes! :P
Old 2007-05-13, 16:20   Link #51
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I really don't want to get into it, but I'll never put anyone on my ignore list unless they're just flaming people or posting pr0n or whatever, but then they'd get banned anyways. And I don't think Kaioshin_Sama is trying to get attention - he just naturally grabs attention because he isn't afraid to express his opinions even when they differ from everyone else's. Well, that's my 2 cents anyways. :/
Well said Risaa!

I also dont have anybody on my ignore list.

And it's good to hear that there's gonna be a little more Miyuki this time around.
Old 2007-05-13, 16:51   Link #52
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post

No comment on someone trying to be the centre of attention in the first few posts. I didn't put him on my "Ignore List" for nothing, you know.
I loved the Initial D scenes. I didn't know that Konata's cousin was so into drifting.

What is Kagami saying (complaining-like) when the Initial D sequence is over??? >_<
Old 2007-05-13, 16:52   Link #53
StarvingArtist

Hello everyone, long time lurker/first time poster here. I felt like chiming in since this is one of the few places I can find that's receptive to Lucky Star.

I watched episode 6 on Nico Nico (almost 10,000 views so far), but I'm also waiting for some subs so I can fill in the blanks that I don't understand. There were some major Azumanga Daioh vibes in the first part, and I would have suspected Nanako to have the lead foot. I haven't seen Initial D, but it was still a funny segment to me especially after doing some follow up reading. Seems like she is driving a Subaru Vivio RX-R which is a 4WD car. I don't follow sport racing, but I'm pretty sure nobody uses 4WD for drifting/racing (at least seriously). To top things off, the speedometer was at 40km/h (25mph) XD.

A little more reading led me to this (real Vivio drifting): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7pvm2MMgok
I'm liking "Sharpshooter Yui" more now :3
Old 2007-05-13, 17:02   Link #54
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
I thought it was funny watching Konata expecting to wash her feet but instead getting a sudden blast of water on her head when before she was making fun of her school teacher getting water blasted on her head.

Did anyone happen to see Konata's face after she placed the soap on the floor???
Old 2007-05-13, 17:03   Link #55
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I have to wonder how much time/money went to the Initial D race; it was incredibly well done.

Naked Konata looks like some kind of imp; I mean, because of all the hair . And her 6th grade swimsuit was just hilarious.

Again, I'll get more of it after the subs are out.

And welcome StarvingArtist.
Old 2007-05-13, 17:06   Link #56
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
Hello everyone, long time lurker/first time poster here. I felt like chiming in since this is one of the few places I can find that's receptive to Lucky Star.

I watched episode 6 on Nico Nico (almost 10,000 views so far), but I'm also waiting for some subs so I can fill in the blanks that I don't understand. There were some major Azumanga Daioh vibes in the first part, and I would have suspected Nanako to have the lead foot. I haven't seen Initial D, but it was still a funny segment to me especially after doing some follow up reading. Seems like she is driving a Subaru Vivio RX-R which is a 4WD car. I don't follow sport racing, but I'm pretty sure nobody uses 4WD for drifting/racing (at least seriously). To top things off, the speedometer was at 40km/h (25mph) XD.

A little more reading led me to this (real Vivio drifting): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7pvm2MMgok
I'm liking "Sharpshooter Yui" more now :3
I feel like L*S is converting a lot of lurkers...

I saw the speedometer but it just totally didn't register with me - that's hilarious. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell View Post
I thought it was funny watching Konata expecting to wash her feet but instead getting a sudden blast of water on her head when before she was making fun of her school teacher getting water blasted on her head.
Agreed; Kona's usually the one pulling the snide remarks and pranks that it's unexpected and funny when the joke's on her.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-13, 17:10   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
is it me or thepart between 07:44-07:48 reminds me of misato of eva ?
You're indeed correct --- thats who i'm reminded of also. Hard to say if its a reference, though its nice to see.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-05-13 at 17:22.
Old 2007-05-13, 18:37   Link #58
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Crud...my laptop can't handle that 250MB RAW file (and if somebody can tell me why niconico asks me for something before seeing that video I'd much appreciate it).

But we get to see Yui road rage? This'll be awesome.

EDIT: Never mind. Got it to work.

Saw the bathing scene...there are SO many inappropriate jokes I can play on this.

Last edited by Claies; 2007-05-13 at 18:48.
Old 2007-05-13, 19:21   Link #59
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Watched episode 6...

Now I wanna see the LC haters here... They're in for a hell of a surprise

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-13, 19:32   Link #60
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
i usually just lurk around episode discussion threads and read what other people had to say... i did it all through out haruhi and i thought i can just lurk through this one too... but i just had to comment on this ep...

and my comment is...

wow....

that episode was just wow...

i didn't understand much of what was said so i'm just talking about the episode visually speaking...

kyoani really likes changing their characters outfits...

i counted they changed outfits maybe 6 times excluding their birthdays suits...

i'll maybe comment more when the subs come out or i might go back to lurking...

overall i enjoyed the ep even if i didn't understand most of what was said...

Spoiler for about LC:
Closed Thread