AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-22, 01:02   Link #1
lacieldenuit

Wink Must Have Romance!!!! >.<

Hi. I'm new to this and i've watched a decent amount of animes and what i have found that frustrates me to no end is the fact that the characters with the chemistry never actually get together. I want a real romance anime that is captivating and heart wrenching where the characters admit their love and get together or at least something like that.... i just recently finished Fruits Basket and i LOVE it. it is the closest thing to what i have been looking for. I also absolutely loved Kaze No Stigma and Full Metal Panic, but i was begging for a little more romance between both male and female leads. PLEASE ANY IDEAS!!!
Old 2011-06-22, 01:22   Link #2
ArrowSmith

Rumbling Hearts is a good one that seems to take the subject seriously.
Old 2011-06-22, 01:48   Link #3
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Rumbling Hearts is a good one that seems to take the subject seriously.
*silent scream*

One of the most awful anime ever produced.
Well, it's been a loong time since I saw it but I seem to remember it taking about three days for me to recover. (back then I made myself finish whatever I started, lol)
It is not a romantic anime; at all. Considering OP references Fruits Basket (utterly romantic) I would hesitate.

If you're up for more shoujo I'd check out Full Moon o Sagashite... lots of drama and emotional moments throughout, and a slow progressing romance that ends in an extremely satisfying way. After my first time seeing it I think I rewatched the ending like 10 times over the next couple days.
Old 2011-06-22, 02:20   Link #4
lacieldenuit

thanks! i've been looking for something that has a satisfying ending! especially ones i want to watch over and over again haha i tend to get very attached to the characters.....especially the "cool suave" yet caring male lead....but who can help it any girl would want someone like yuki soasuke or kazuma...or even kyo
Old 2011-06-22, 02:40   Link #5
EroKing

I will recommend the best i can think of - Toradora.
Old 2011-06-22, 15:15   Link #6
Elegance

I second Toradora(finally got into sub and this was my first one)
Clannad
Please Teacher!-Highly Recommend, loved it. Try it out
Maison Ikkoku-Highly Recommend even tho its old and long, very good
Suzuka
Ai Yori Aoshi
Shuffle!
Old 2011-06-22, 17:21   Link #7
Theowne
耳をすませば

I think you want Kare Kano.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2011-06-22, 18:06   Link #8
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

ToraDora is the perfect series for you, while we're on the subject if anyone has newer recommendations (post Toradora) ... I could probably use some too
Old 2011-06-22, 19:57   Link #9
blue skies
noch einmal?

Huge, huge second for Full Moon o Sagashite. You’ll love it, 99.9% guaranteed.

I can’t see you not liking Ouran High School Host Club or Paradise Kiss. You’ll love the female lead in Ouran and her harem the guys around her, Paradise Kiss has plenty of drama, and I thought the endings of both were wonderful; they’ll definitely leave you with that happy, satisfied, slightly fuzzy feeling you get when you finish a good anime.

If you read manga too, I’d recommend Sand Chronicles and Cat Street, which is one of my favorite shoujo manga ever. And even though it’s still ongoing, I think you’d love Bokura ga Ita, especially if you’re looking for something fairly heart-wrenching. (It’s got a pretty good anime too, which is also a little faster-paced than the manga, so you might want to check it out instead if anime is more up your alley. :>)
Old 2011-06-23, 08:10   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Maison Ikkoku

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-06-23, 08:35   Link #11
kitten320

Busou Renkin - action packed series but main pairing admits their love to each other

Clannad - though I myself don't like the main pairing, I would prefer a different one.

Fate/Stay Night - action/romance

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - action/romance

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - nice chemistry thiugh it takes quiet a time for girl to admit her feelings

Otome Youkai Zakuro - nice chemistry, romance, comedy and action

Romeo + Juliet - no need for description here

Spice and Wolf - nice romance with interesting chemistry

Suzuka - a bit dragged at some points but still enjoyable
Old 2011-06-23, 10:08   Link #12
User68604
Disabled By Request

Clannad, but you must watch After Story. That is where the romance really gets going, including some heart wrenching drama. It's precisely what you are looking for

Will 2nd Rumbling Hearts, one of the best mature seinen romances I've ever seen

If you are not too offput by incestual themes (you dont have to support it), Koi Kaze is a masterpiece in itself. It builds on the subject in a neutral way and demonstrates one of the best romance's ive watched.

Additionally,

Have you watched Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid? That is where the romance/drama really unwinds and flourishes
Old 2011-06-25, 22:14   Link #13
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

I find it odd that no one mentioned Hana Yori Dango. . . Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is alright too though and Ai Yori Aoshi is alright if you like relationships that never progress.
Old 2011-06-26, 02:56   Link #14
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Vampire Knight might work... it really depends on who you are rooting for.....

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-06-26, 03:37   Link #15
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeruko View Post
I find it odd that no one mentioned Hana Yori Dango...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-26, 05:08   Link #16
Eragon
Still Alive

Fate/Stay Night is pretty good, Romeo X Juliet - you know what to expect, Please Teacher, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, Eureka 7(if you don't mind a naive male protagonist).
Old 2011-07-02, 06:51   Link #17
7thMethuselah

You should try Peach Girl: it's actually a triangle relationship but really wonderfull, recommend the manga though.
Old 2011-07-02, 10:14   Link #18
Aqua Knight

White Album
Old 2011-07-02, 21:43   Link #19
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

I'll also definitely third, fourth, whatever, Clannad. However as was said you HAVE to watch the second season (After Story) too. It definitely fits the things you said about heart wrenching and chemistry and stuff.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (aka Rumbling Hearts, aka Kimi nozo) is a series I think anyone who likes Romance should watch... however, it's kind of a tricky series to recommend because of the content. People will either love it or hate it with a passion. Some think it is childish how they handle things, some think it is mature and realistic. It's actually one of the few animes I know of that really easily splits into a "love it or hate it" with virtually no middle ground...

Full Moon wo Sagashite and Suzuka I'll also second or third or whatever. They can be a bit drawn out at times, but there is a nice romance that does go deep and slowly builds over time and stuff there.

Vampire Knight and Fate/Stay Night I also think would probably fit the bill, although all of the above (baring possibly Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien depending on your position) are a bit more serious and have more chemistry to them. That isn't to say there is some deep/good romance going on in them, but I feel it's overshadowed some by other things going on at times. The focus isn't also as solely on the romance/drama as in some of the others listed.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2011-07-02, 23:35   Link #20
kamehameha

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5155/Ge...atari_Sennenki

Very good romance anime...

Born from a much loved, but lowly ranked concubine, Genji Hikaru is called the Shining Prince and is the beloved second son of the Emperor. Although he cannot be an heir to the throne of his father, Genji spends his life surrounded by every pleasure and love. And yet, his one longing in love is something that even the power of an Emperor can never give him.

Tags
romance, suggestions