Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-27, 12:25   Link #1821
SilveRR

Picks- Laura, Sanya, Seraphim
Predictions- Laura, Sanya, Madoka
Old 2011-08-27, 13:14   Link #1822
anisu

Spoiler for chart:

Updated vote volume. Yesterday was the second lowest volume day of the tournament, surpassing only the zero day. However, Madoka's match had 8 more votes than Elsie's match, so no low was made on the high match line.
Old 2011-08-27, 13:45   Link #1823
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The tournament is looking less and less impressive as the numbers dwindle. Maybe it is just the characters, but there hasn't really been a good showstopper type match (Maria use to get those for her first rounds, like against Kagami and Rena) with lots of votes for at least two of the characters. Only Homura-Makoto and later Kanade-Mugi had some weight to their votes.
Old 2011-08-27, 14:05   Link #1824
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The tournament is looking less and less impressive as the numbers dwindle. Maybe it is just the characters, but there hasn't really been a good showstopper type match (Maria use to get those for her first rounds, like against Kagami and Rena) with lots of votes for at least two of the characters. Only Homura-Makoto and later Kanade-Mugi had some weight to their votes.
I think it is the characters or 2ch being down during some points of Madoka's match and Mio's
Old 2011-08-27, 14:23   Link #1825
OverFunk
It will never be the year

My picks are Laura, Sanya and Madoka.

I still don't watch Strike Witches (>2011 >ISHYGDDT), but I do get this feel I will like Sanya. I did watch Ookami-san and I know for a fact that Usami is here for her voice. She wasn't relevant and was a heel for a good chunk of her screentime.

Never forget
Old 2011-08-27, 15:02   Link #1826
Team Rocket Elite

Yesterday's Results:

Sendou Erika - 120
Tsurumi Chiriko - 67
Kaname Madoka - 285

Sakuma Rinko - 86
Arashiyama Hotori - 191
Sae - 140

Q - 87
Run - 220
Akai Ringo - 115

Madoka didn't have any problem with her opponents but that's pretty much expected if there isn't an assassination attempt. Sae doesn't do quite as well as I thought against Hotori. I expected her to be a fair bit closer. Run was well above her opponents also pretty much as expected. Not a particularly exciting match day.

Today's matches:

Kuronuma Sawako vs Laura Bodewig vs Miyamae Kanako
Francesca Lucchini vs Sanya V. Litvyak vs Usami Mimi
Rebecca Anderson vs Seraphim vs Komoto Madoka

Laura might have some trouble beating Kanako. Although Laura didn't do too badly in preliminary group 15, it wasn't a particularly strong group. Kanako isn't that strong so I think Laura will win anyways. Mimi in a non-factor in the second match. She isn't strong enough to take advantage of the split votes. Sanya is definitely higher on the chain than Francesca so Sanya shouldn't have problems winning. I think Madoka will be the one the win the third match. Eucliwood didn't do very well in her match so I suspect Seraphim will be fairly weak as well. Madoka isn't that strong but I think it's enough to win.

Votes:
Kuronuma Sawako
Sanya V. Litvyak
Komoto Madoka

Prediction:
Laura Bodewig
Sanya V. Litvyak
Komoto Madoka
Old 2011-08-27, 15:26   Link #1827
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Picks for 8/27/2011
C3 Kaname Madoka (With the help of Homura Akemi, she finally achieved God status, can she do it to in JMOE? Time to figure things out.)
C7 Sae (Staple character with Hidamari Sketch, well she bag this one.)
C11 Run (Clueless, no idea, spurn brain, what else the forehead not the particular forehead seiyuu. Best joke MOE character this season. Tooru and the gang always have a handful.)
Sae eliminated just like that, I should watch Arashiyama Hitori's anime to find out the reason. Didn't expect this few votes despite Madoka winning. Run wins it comfortably.

Result so far 12-13-5; only 8 picks of mine remains in JMOE with Homura Akemi and Mayushii's Elimination. Victorica and Elsie move on in the next round.

Picks for 8/28/2011
C4 Laura Bodewig (The last few minutes of a certain episode which have a decent follow-up episode after that is the highlight her sudden popularity among the boys. Innocent girls sometimes gets abused by black minded older girls by teaching them something that those innocent girls thought was right.)
C8 No picks
C12 Becky (Smartness at its finest. I can't see her winning this bracket since Kore Wa Zombie isn't that popular with the defeat of Necromancer Girl, even if its the abuse of words vampire-sword girl.)
Old 2011-08-27, 19:49   Link #1828
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 2-1 (18-12)
Predictions: 3-0 (21-9)

Well, those weren't even close. Too bad for Sae, but she'll have another crack at it.

Picks: Laura, Francesca, Madoka
Predictions: Laura, Sanya, Madoka

Don't go by prelims: Madoka is definitely way better than Becky and Sera. She is the true heroine of Hoshikaka after all.
Old 2011-08-27, 21:00   Link #1829
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Wonder if Bakatest ep 8 and beyond will be enough to move Minami over Yui Hendrix.

Never forget
Old 2011-08-27, 23:17   Link #1830
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Well when you're fighting against hope or rather someone who is actually the concept of hope, its kind of hard to avoid despair. Hotori's character design was really bleh but i guess her clumsy personality won over the sometimes cunning Rinko and overly sisterly Sae. Same with Run and Ringo, with Ringo's dark personality runing her moe. Run is a worthy winner though with not a single bad bone in her.

Well hoping Kanako wins, though she really should cross over to Sora no Otoshimono and have a few chapters with Tomoki. Mimi wll probably suffer the same fate as Ringo since both have terrible personalities
Old 2011-08-28, 03:11   Link #1831
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The tournament is looking less and less impressive as the numbers dwindle.
That's what happens when you give yourself to xenophobia, lazyness, waste, sloth, etc. Your world shrinks and falls apart... OT, but had to say it... <500 votes for Madoka, considering its sales (<1% votes2sales) is just tragic for 2chan and how irrelevant it managed to make itself
Old 2011-08-28, 03:53   Link #1832
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

And butthurt takes on new meaning in Saimoe
Old 2011-08-28, 08:05   Link #1833
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Man, saimoe is jusT so dead to me the moment homerun died. Shitty things just happens. As for why madoka,'s votes were low??? No need for the faction to work on full force. Shes got a weak group.

aand to wanderer and ahelo, i'll get to you when i'm in the mood to argue back about that painful homubiri match.

Anyway, i'll shoot myself iif kirino wins this year. I just want her dead out of this competition.
Old 2011-08-28, 08:20   Link #1834
ion475
にこにこにー

Eh, seriously, you complain about how the tournament is half-dead and stuff just b/c Madoka only gets 300 votes? Does it even matter anyway as long as she advanced?

And there IS a reason why first round is always the easiest round to assassinate someone - you have groups that just don't care about voting just b/c the competition is "weak", and bam, assassination happens. It's like that every single year, yet you still have people that want Madoka to get 1000 votes just for the sake of it.

Not to mention, low votes is a way to hide the true strength of a girl, as long as that vote number is (more than) enough to advanced that girl to the next round...you really didn't think of THAT from a strategic view?
Old 2011-08-28, 09:05   Link #1835
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Arrow Round One: C04, C08, C12 Results

Laura, Sanya and Madoka won.
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_004337.txt
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_004338.txt

C04
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_004343.png
1 201 Laura Bodewig @ Infinite Stratos
2 93 Miyamae Kanako @ Maria†Holic Alive
3 82 Kuronuma Sawako @ Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season

C08
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_004344.png
1 203 Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches 2
2 109 Francesca Lucchini @ Strike Witches 2
3 68 Usami Mimi @ Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi

C12
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_004345.png
1 162 Komoto Madoka @ Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi
2 128 Seraphim (Sera) @ Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
3 70 Rebecca Anderson (Becky) @ Dog Days

On Deck:
D01
<<譲崎ネロ@探偵オペラ ミルキィホームズ>> (Yuzurizaki Nero @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes)
<<ワタナベ・カナコ(頭取/人妻)@STARDRIVER 輝きのタクト>> (Watanabe Kanako (President) @ Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto)
<<諸葛亮(朱里)@真・恋姫†無双 シリーズ>> (Shokatsuryou Koumei (Shuri) @ Shin Koihime†Musou series)

D05
<<千葉さおり@放浪息子>> (Chiba Saori @ Hourou Musuko)
<<東儀白@FORTUNE ARTERIAL 赤い約束>> (Tougi Shiro @ Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku)
<<酒井陽菜@星空へ架かる橋>> (Sakai Hina @ Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi)

D09
<<偽イカ娘@侵略!イカ娘>> (False Ika Musume (Tokita Ayumi) @ Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
<<打ち止め(ラストオーダー)@とある魔術の禁書目録II>> (Last Order @ To Aru Majutsu no Index II)
<<桜井先生@日常>> (Sakurai-sensei @ Nichijou)

Last edited by frustra; 2011-08-28 at 10:50. Reason: confirmed.
Old 2011-08-28, 09:18   Link #1836
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
D01
Nero Yuzurizaki @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes: <<譲崎ネロ@探偵オペラ ミルキィホームズ>>
Kanako Watanabe @ Star Driver ~Takuto Of The Radiance~: <<ワタナベ・カナコ(頭取/人妻)@STARDRIVER 輝きのタクト>>
Shokatsuryou Koumei @ Koihime Musou: <<諸葛亮(朱里)@真・恋姫†無双 シリーズ>> Haven't seen much of this show, but haven't seen any of the other two

Didn't really like Saorin, and don't know the other two
D05
Saori Chiba @ Wandering Son: <<千葉さおり@放浪息子>>
Shiro Tougi @ Fortune Arterial: <<東儀白@FORTUNE ARTERIAL 赤い約束>>
Hina Sakai @ Hoshizora E Kakaru Hashi: <<酒井陽菜@星空へ架かる橋>>

D09
Ayumi Tokita @ Squid Girl: <<偽イカ娘@侵略!イカ娘>>
Last Order @ A Certain Magical Index: <<打ち止め(ラストオーダー)@とある魔術の禁書目録II>>I am voting for last order says me as I type out this sentance
Izumi Sakurai @ Nichijou: <<桜井先生@日常>>
Old 2011-08-28, 09:47   Link #1837
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That's what happens when you give yourself to xenophobia, lazyness, waste, sloth, etc. Your world shrinks and falls apart... OT, but had to say it... <500 votes for Madoka, considering its sales (<1% votes2sales) is just tragic for 2chan and how irrelevant it managed to make itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Eh, seriously, you complain about how the tournament is half-dead and stuff just b/c Madoka only gets 300 votes? Does it even matter anyway as long as she advanced?

And there IS a reason why first round is always the easiest round to assassinate someone - you have groups that just don't care about voting just b/c the competition is "weak", and bam, assassination happens. It's like that every single year, yet you still have people that want Madoka to get 1000 votes just for the sake of it.

Not to mention, low votes is a way to hide the true strength of a girl, as long as that vote number is (more than) enough to advanced that girl to the next round...you really didn't think of THAT from a strategic view?
However, vote totals are down from previous years. But my estimates at least by 200 votes per match, figuring the winner generally averaged 300 votes and last year's first round were 4-ways. Though I think another factor is also playing in this year, a lack of any true juggernauts. It defintely feels like that there are big enthusiasm gaps between those who are winning this year and those who won last year.

Spoiler for wrrr:

Predict
D01- Nero (easily)
D05- Shiro (easily)
D09- Izumi (provided an anti-index faction is awake)
Old 2011-08-28, 09:52   Link #1838
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

The votes are getting lower and lower. Also Sawako lost to Laura so I'm kinda hurting right now. Not that I expected her to be strong but she is in my top characters to win it.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:12   Link #1839
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Congrats to Laura. Wow Sanya dominated, well i had no clue about any of them in that group. Though Seraphim lost i didn't mind anybody who won that group.

Today i'm rooting for Kanako, Hina, and Last Order.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:41   Link #1840
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Anyway, i'll shoot myself iif kirino wins this year. I just want her dead out of this competition.
Even I want her out.
Quote:
It does matter since she is, as people would say, the top seed of the tourney. Though the best reason for her low vote totals is because of 2ch downtime.

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament