AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 04:36   Link #881
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I'd like to think this but since that to me it fits more to a Lelouch's pov, Dann is certainly not going to appreciate that..;You know, the line where he must admit that he lover her more often ...
I know what you mean...

Quote:
But are the songs write to the anime ? It match pretty well aftenly, and if, it's that, as you said, they must arrange pics with sort of meaning...
Well, I honestly don't know how they do in cases like this; maybe they make a request for a song of a specific group, or perhaps they check out samples of veriosu groups songs, selecting th eone they think fits the best - or maybe they just take the song of one group ad then tries to fit their suiff in the best they can...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 04:41   Link #882
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Most of the opening and ending songs have lyrics relate to Lelouch's character. The only one that doesn't is Kaidoku Funou.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 07:32   Link #883
Silver Soul
Banned

I actually post this a while back, I think the song itself is from Lelouch point of view but the imagery it displays doesn't necessarily complies to what is being seen, instead look at the characters who has wings, no wings or false wings for a much better interpretation.

"Devil Wings: Show a willingness to ignore the repercussions of terrible deeds, and a connection with each other. Four characters have these: the grandest, Lelouch, the middle ground, Kallen, one fully grown wing, CC, and the weak single wing, Rollo. These wings are both a show in villainy and a connection to Lelouch, the most previlant devil shown.

Fake Angel Wings: There are two scenes with what appears to be ceramic angel wings. These must symbolize a false purity, an agenda beyond the true noble calling the wings seem to convey. Anya seems to lean on one, showing her possible faith in this false ideal, and VV spouts them.

True Angel Wings: In the lead here is Suzaku, the character with the most profound scope of making a better world without extraneous sacrifice, with brilliant white wings which out-span any other. Next is Anya, who has medium sized wings, showing she has a similar attitude to Suzaku and Euphie, yet her path is more developed than Euphie's own, whose wings are stunted, probably by her untimely death by the hands of Lelouch. The final character with angel wings is Rollo again, who seems in conflict about which path to take.

No wings: I would say it means that they either haven't found a path yet or genuinely don't let one mindset bind them down. Nunnaly, Zino, Cornelia, and the Emperor... by the characters like this, it also probably means that they aren't necessarily trying to change the world, but to just live life as life is given to them.

Gold Chains: Everyone has these chains. The amount a person is tangled is probably paramount on how much this person is held back by their relations with other characters. Kallen is chained like a dog, around the neck. CC's wing is tangled, showing her relationships hurt her effectiveness to Lelouch. Cornelia is bound only by her sword, as if she could give up all ties if she gave up battle. Suzaku's arms are tangled, giving a sense that his full might is somehow impeded by commitment. Lelouch has only a loop around his arm, most likely signaling Nunnaly, which is dangerously loose. Characters such as Nunnaly, Euphie, the emperor, and VV have hardly any restrictions at all, showing that who they are connected with doesn't limit their actions."
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 08:09   Link #884
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

If Kallen is chained like a dog it's too the case to CC you know...
They have all those chaines which are parting from their neck.
Moreover, Kallen is holding her chain as if she was able to control, now, her relationship with Lelouch; Those chains aren't there a symbol of some manipulation of some Master/Slave relationship.
Except if CC is too as a slave to Lelouch since she is too "chained as a dog" by the neck...

About the lyrics we can so thinking that those are well from Lelouch's pov. Well jus like said DarkLord, we can too think that they arrange images as their wish...

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 08:42   Link #885
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
If Kallen is chained like a dog it's too the case to CC you know...
They have all those chaines which are parting from their neck.
Moreover, Kallen is holding her chain as if she was able to control, now, her relationship with Lelouch; Those chains aren't there a symbol of some manipulation of some Master/Slave relationship.
Except if CC is too as a slave to Lelouch since she is too "chained as a dog" by the neck...
Now, now, he was just exactly quoting his old post, but I do seem to remember that he agreed (after taking a look at the OP again) in a later post that C.C. also was "chained like a dog" as he puts is as well, so forgive this part of old post of his for sounding so biased
Old 2008-06-19, 08:46   Link #886
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Now, now, he was just exactly quoting his old post, but I do seem to remember that he agreed (after taking a look at the OP again) in a later post that C.C. also was "chained like a dog" as he puts is as well, so forgive this part of old post of his for sounding so biased
They are BOTH chained like a dog really. C.C. can't leave Lelouch at all (she even said as much) and Kallen is just too blindly loyal and never questions anything at all.

So there ya go... <.<
It may be looking a little too far into the ending credits, but it definitely makes a whole lot of sense.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 08:47   Link #887
Silver Soul
Banned

Yes but in order to it to make sense as a whole all the characters must be connected to the which it is being interpret by or else everything in the ending sequence would be for show than to actual have a deeper meaning. While with characters like Euphie, Kallen, Suzaku and C.C. you can obviously see he's talking about them but others like Gino, Anya, Cornelia, Nunnally and Rollo they don't necessary fit the context and there's far more interpretations than just the gold chains alone like why is C.C. coming out of an egg, why does Nunnally have ribbons instead of chains?
Old 2008-06-19, 08:48   Link #888
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
They are BOTH chained like a dog really. C.C. can't leave Lelouch at all (she even said as much) and Kallen is just too blindly loyal and never questions anything at all.
Haha. Blindly loyal. "Did you use your Geass on me? Twisting my heart to your will?"

I fail to see her as "blindly" loyal when she did question her loyalty at some point.
Old 2008-06-19, 08:48   Link #889
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:

So there ya go... <.<
It may be looking a little too far into the ending credits, but it definitely makes a whole lot of sense.
EXACTLY!!! THANK YOU! I couldn't put it into better words than that!
Old 2008-06-19, 08:49   Link #890
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Haha. Blindly loyal. "Did you use your Geass on me? Twisting my heart to your will?"
The first, and only time she ever questioned him. Did she ever question him after that? Nope, she was satisfied with the answer.
Old 2008-06-19, 08:52   Link #891
Tokkan

Quote:
Nope, she was satisfied with the answer.
"I wanted to believe, even if I were to become a slave" does not sound like satisfaction.
Old 2008-06-19, 08:58   Link #892
Silver Soul
Banned

"Order me around, tell me what to do"
Old 2008-06-19, 08:58   Link #893
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
"I wanted to believe, even if I were to become a slave" does not sound like satisfaction.
You can see it that way too I guess, but she is still extremely loyal to Zero/Lelouch no matter how you cut it and it can be taken that way in the ending credits if anyone wants to try and find any hidden meanings in them.

Don't think I am trying to degrade the character though. Kallen is my second favorite character in the whole series.
Old 2008-06-19, 09:00   Link #894
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
You can see it that way too I guess, but she is still extremely loyal to Zero/Lelouch no matter how you cut it and it can be taken that way in the ending credits if anyone wants to try and find any hidden meanings in them.

Don't think I am trying to degrade the character though. Kallen is my second favorite character in the whole series.
Go ten posts back
Old 2008-06-19, 09:17   Link #895
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
They are BOTH chained like a dog really.
Yes, yes, and that's what the whole argument was about, but he has already acknowledged this, so let it rest...

On the whole "Kallen is blindly loyal" issuse, I'll say that I don't entirely agree. She's VERY loyal to Lelouch/Zero, yes, but this season around, she isn't the blind follower/fangirl she was in season 1.
Old 2008-06-19, 09:32   Link #896
amjzz

I wonder...why kallen or anyone in the order of the black knights have not asked zero about his motives of the rebellion...

I mean, kallen know that lelouch is zero and he is someone from brittania (if doesnt know already that he is a prince) and she and the order of the black knights trust him...but no one asks why he is doing the rebellion...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 09:32   Link #897
Tokkan

Kallen's loyalty to Lelouch nowadays feels more like friendship type loyalty rather than leader-follower type loyalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
I mean, kallen know that lelouch is zero and he is someone from brittania (if doesnt know that he is a prince) and she and the order of the black knights trust him...but no one asks why he is doing the rebellion...
Kallen most likely already knows his reasons and definitely knows the fact that he's a prince.
Old 2008-06-19, 09:36   Link #898
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
I wonder...why kallen or anyone in the order of the black knights have not asked zero about his motives of the rebellion...

I mean, kallen know that lelouch is zero and he is someone from brittania (if doesnt know already that he is a prince) and she and the order of the black knights trust him...but no one asks why he is doing the rebellion...
At this point they don't really give a damn as long as he can free japan his motives don't matter in the least as long as he does the job.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 09:37   Link #899
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

It's also obvious to them that Zero is no friend of Britannia, coupled with his talents they might not want to ask Zero that personal of a question to avoid alienating him from them.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 09:43   Link #900
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I tihnk it's widely assumed in the OOtBK that he simply has a great hatred towards Britannia - Ougi made a comment somewhere during the series that his (Zero's) hatred towards britannia was real enough, AFAIR. Anyway, I think that as long as Zero can bring'em victory against Britannia and independence of Japan, they're not going to bother asking too much.

Quote:
The possiiblity that Kallen already knows or at least strongly suspects that he's a prince is quite big indeed - if C.C. hasn't already told her, then a light blub should surely have appeared in her head once she saw Nunnally being a princess. Some even think she was going to ask Lelouch aobut it in episode 7, but they could never started the conversation as Kallen saw the refrain he was about to use, so...