AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the true Queen?
Mashiro 36 18.18%
Arika 87 43.94%
Nina 51 25.76%
All of them 10 5.05%
None of them 14 7.07%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-12, 20:47   Link #181
poseur
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
[COLOR="DarkRed"]II hate even the mention of a relationship between Arika and Sergei, and even when it may be considered a first crush.. it just shoudln't have even have been brought up. I'm intrigued as to what Surnise thought they were achieving exactly by doing this..
COLOR]
i agree fully with u pal, perhaps SunRise is trying to satisfy all the pedophilacs out there.............just i hate Sergei's alt in Mai Hime..............i think i hate him as much in Mai Otome...............


not sure why i hate them....maybe its his face...............though they improved his char's personality this time round
poseur is offline  
Old 2006-01-13, 04:47   Link #182
Diodati
The very united ACROSS
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England
Taken from episode 14 thread, thought I'd put it in here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
If Rena survives (maybe Asward let her go) let's say she heads back to get to the other baby, and maybe carries it around the world for a while? An interesting thing would be, just why is Rado specifically targeting Rena? Is there much point in killing an Otome without a master? Or was he targeting the Blue Sky Sapphire?
It's very possible that he was after the BSS. Although I always thought the Rado/Rena interaction was very embittered, almost personally so.
Spoiler for manga related:


Arika must have been told by 'granny' that her mother use to be an Otome based on the pendant when granny found the baby. Which I suppose it logical enough - only Rena didn't put the pendant on her own baby? Wonderful - and that's if we don't think the pendant may have got swopped by granny or Miyu or someone else. Physically, Arika looks more like Rena than the Queen so I'm holding that as a high possibility - but if Nina is Rena's daughter I would find that so very amusing. It would serve Nina right for being so jealous of 'mommie'.
Diodati is offline  
Old 2006-01-13, 05:12   Link #183
mutesockpuppet
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
The real question here is would Rena, being the former Otome of the king, abandon her own child in order to rescue the child of her former Master?
Okay, my thory, I belive that Akira is actually Rena's child. She put Akira in the floating basket with the intention of going back for the Princess and then retiving Akira later. Akira was found and the woman who found her, "Granny," recognised the stones and told Akira that her mother must have been an Otome. Rena managed to fight her way back to where she hid the princess and managed to escape but didn't live long after. The princess was found and raised on the streets untill she was adopted by Serge and named Nena. Masashiro was just a baby that the prime minister found that looked like the princess.
mutesockpuppet is offline  
Old 2006-01-13, 08:57   Link #184
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
Taken from episode 14 thread, thought I'd put it in here:
Arika must have been told by 'granny' that her mother use to be an Otome based on the pendant when granny found the baby. Which I suppose it logical enough - only Rena didn't put the pendant on her own baby? Wonderful - and that's if we don't think the pendant may have got swopped by granny or Miyu or someone else. Physically, Arika looks more like Rena than the Queen so I'm holding that as a high possibility - but if Nina is Rena's daughter I would find that so very amusing. It would serve Nina right for being so jealous of 'mommie'.
It is possible that the information was wrong. Another red herring like Reito telling Mikota that he was not her brother in Mai HiME.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline  
Old 2006-01-13, 10:46   Link #185
BrokenWingz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Judging from the typical ending i think that Nina is probably Rena's daughter to resolve her comparsion for affecting complex and not sure (bad memory ><) but isnt Rena's hair blue(like Nina).
The two baby incident could easily explain Arika or Nina being the princess and the other being the daughter, so i'd rule out Mashiro.
BrokenWingz is offline  
Old 2006-01-13, 11:10   Link #186
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
Judging from the typical ending i think that Nina is probably Rena's daughter to resolve her comparsion for affecting complex and not sure (bad memory ><) but isnt Rena's hair blue(like Nina).
The two baby incident could easily explain Arika or Nina being the princess and the other being the daughter, so i'd rule out Mashiro.
Um, no. Rena's hair color is the same as Arika's, unless you saw the non-anime pic of Rena (who has blue-ish hair and brown eyes).
Eclipze is offline  
Old 2006-01-13, 11:41   Link #187
kazekiri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
It is possible that the information was wrong. Another red herring like Reito telling Mikota that he was not her brother in Mai HiME.
'Mikoto', but yeah. Sunrise loved red herrings in Hime and since they waited until the 20's to resolve that plot point I wouldn't take the princess issue as being settled quite yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Um, no. Rena's hair color is the same as Arika's, unless you saw the non-anime pic of Rena (who has blue-ish hair and brown eyes).
Rena has blue eyes, same as Arika and Mashiro. As far as hair goes, Arika has brown hair and Rena has dark hair. Nowhere is she shown with hair color that look anything like Arika's.
kazekiri is offline  
Old 2006-01-13, 11:44   Link #188
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri
Rena has blue eyes, same as Arika and Mashiro. As far as hair goes, Arika has brown hair and Rena has dark hair. Nowhere is she shown with hair color that look anything like Arika's.
...
I know Rena has blue eyes, I was refering to the pic of the non-MO Rena.

Ok, so the hair isnt the same color as Arika's. my bad.
Eclipze is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 15:21   Link #189
Varis
Composed Eccentric
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Well here is my take on it...

I actually think Mashiro has to be the queen and here is why.


First let's go back to 14 years ago. While the nurse/maid witnessed TWO babies, ONE of which was the queen, the other baby had the necklace put on her. She was a witness, and not privy to their plans of escape or means to protect the queen so she we can't take her story that Arika is the "queen" as proof. (I'm saying that because the old lady had no idea what was going on other then seeing the kings (ex)otome giving up the baby in her arms to someone else while putting her saphire necklace on the other baby she personally escorted.) There had to be some sort of plan other then, "hey, I have no powers anymore and will be a target to the enemy but sure, I'll try to escape with the queen"

But really, all we know is that of the 2 babies, one is Rena's daughter while the other is the queen. Which is which is not sure yet.


Then we move on to Nagi telling Sergay that the queen will be the key to ruling the world. (or something close to that) But he needs the REAL queen for that and he can't assume that Mashiro is it when Rena went through some trouble escaping with the other baby.

So, now we know that the Queen of Windbloom is tied to a world "power"

The only thing that suggests that is "Harmonium", obviously a artifact of a lot of power considering it's effects after pressing 1 key without having it really activated.


Now let's focus on that little event. Ep. 7 I think it was. Mashiro and Arika stumble across Harmonium. Here is where it get's interesting. To use it, you need a song, a conducter and a guardian. The real queen has to be one of the 3 since she is the key to that world domination.


Soooo, when Arika and Mashiro step on that organ 2 out of 3 lights glow. Now we can start speculating on who takes what role but let's leave that out for now.

Fact is that Mashiro and Arika fulfill 2 of those requirements meaning they are special. Arika is easy to understand... she could be the queen, qualify being an otome or her "golden" hair could be interpreted as a conducter or a "special" reason.

Mashiro on the other hand has nothing other then a debatable claim to the throne. She has no nanomachines so she can NOT be considered a otome not "tied" to arika at the time since the contract happend AFTER their little adventure with Harmonium.

So, the only way this all makes sense to me is if Mashiro is the real queen, because if she is not, she will truly be a nobody.



That makes Mashiro being the queen a logical step and makes Arika one of the other 2 functions.

Another intersting thing is the cat Mikoto. Especially when the "true Mikoto" spirit arrives at harmonium to tell them they are short 1 person. I doubt there are 2 Mikoto's out there and I doubt they will name her something different, so perhaps the cat is also looking out for the queen.

Another thing that had me decide on Mashiro being the queen. It's Arikas saphire. The thing worked on her even though she had NO nanomachines at the time. I can only imagine that will work if the gem accepts her being the same blood as the former master and for no other reason. Oh yeah another thing about the saphire. It's a windbloom inheritance. Their contract (fate or not) means that Mashiro is bound to Arika even closer. That also means that now Mashiro can't be anything but the queen to harmonium since she would not qualify as an otome for sure.

What do you guys/gals think?
Varis is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 15:38   Link #190
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
First let's go back to 14 years ago. While the nurse/maid witnessed TWO babies, ONE of which was the queen, the other baby had the necklace put on her. She was a witness, and not privy to their plans of escape or means to protect the queen so she we can't take her story that Arika is the "queen" as proof. (I'm saying that because the old lady had no idea what was going on other then seeing the kings (ex)otome giving up the baby in her arms to someone else while putting her saphire necklace on the other baby she personally escorted.) There had to be some sort of plan other then, "hey, I have no powers anymore and will be a target to the enemy but sure, I'll try to escape with the queen"
I would say the Nurse would have pretty good idea which children is which. While I don't think she is privy to all the secrets, as the Royal nurse she would have good what the princess looks like.

Also neither of the baby that was shown has Mashiro's hair color, yet in Mashiro flashback as baby she always had the same hair color.

Quote:
Oh yeah another thing about the saphire. It's a windbloom inheritance. Their contract (fate or not) means that Mashiro is bound to Arika even closer. That also means that now Mashiro can't be anything but the queen to harmonium since she would not qualify as an otome for sure.

What do you guys/gals think?
The Amulet is the Windbloom Royal inheritance not the Gems themselves. The Gems are pass probably to the next Royal Otome.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 15:54   Link #191
Diodati
The very united ACROSS
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Also neither of the baby that was shown has Mashiro's hair color, yet in Mashiro flashback as baby she always had the same hair color.
I don't believe more than one baby was actually shown in episode 17. Only one: the baby with the Sapphire. Rena's child was conspicuously not given a direct 'view'. Or did I miss it.....?

If we calling Sunrise's bluff, then the kid may have had purple or 'silver/white' hair. The baby with pendant does look more like Arika than the other two, but animation coloring is not really evidence either way. My sister was born with blonde hair yet it somehow ended up dark mahogany colored. Not that I'm suggesting such a drastic change in hair color happened in Otome, but *shrugs*

EDIT: I mean episode 15 obviously, and excuse my omission of words, I must be half asleep...

Last edited by Diodati; 2006-01-24 at 16:15.
Diodati is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 16:07   Link #192
ChaosWing
runpsicat slave
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gainesville, FL
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
Another thing that had me decide on Mashiro being the queen. It's Arikas saphire. The thing worked on her even though she had NO nanomachines at the time. I can only imagine that will work if the gem accepts her being the same blood as the former master and for no other reason.
They've already stated that "doing it" destroys the nanomachines so that rules out the ability to pass on the ability to a child. I know just them saying it isn't really proof enough but you'd think there'd be a lot of wandering girls, and guys, with Otome nanomachines in them simply because of blood ties to past Otome. The scene you are talking about I think can be looked at differently.

Think of it this way - do you think it's possible Arika is a "creation" much like Alyssa was in MH? Miyu-vision did show us glowing yellow hair and this would help explain the nanomachines in her. Also, from what Sergei said in episode 15 it seems the old stories of this land are based on the Golden Era that Searrs was attempting to acheieve several hundred years prior.
ChaosWing is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 16:16   Link #193
omegastar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Another thing that had me decide on Mashiro being the queen. It's Arikas saphire. The thing worked on her even though she had NO nanomachines at the time.
Arika had the nanomachines since the fight with Nina in Ep2. They are not inserted or removed everytime she transforms, you know
omegastar is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 17:46   Link #194
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastar
Arika had the nanomachines since the fight with Nina in Ep2. They are not inserted or removed everytime she transforms, you know
Yet her pendant activated briefly in Episode 1
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 18:05   Link #195
Asianknight82
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Age: 36
Arika is the Queen
Mashiro is Rena's Daughter
and Nina is just an orphan.
Asianknight82 is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 18:28   Link #196
KiraDouji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
Yet her pendant activated briefly in Episode 1

I've been wondering about this too. If Arika is, in fact, the queen as we're being lead to believe, then why did the GEM react to her in episode one, before she received the nanomachines? At the same time, though, was it really her that the GEM was reacting to at that point in time? I'm not so sure, considering that every time it lit up Nina was touching Arika. This is most evident when they're falling and Nina grabs Mashiro first, keeps falling, grabs Arika and... poof! random robe overlay and they float for a bit.

So I guess my theory on the subject is that the GEM was reacting to Nina, not Arika.

- Kira
KiraDouji is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 18:53   Link #197
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji

I've been wondering about this too. If Arika is, in fact, the queen as we're being lead to believe, then why did the GEM react to her in episode one, before she received the nanomachines? At the same time, though, was it really her that the GEM was reacting to at that point in time? I'm not so sure, considering that every time it lit up Nina was touching Arika. This is most evident when they're falling and Nina grabs Mashiro first, keeps falling, grabs Arika and... poof! random robe overlay and they float for a bit.

So I guess my theory on the subject is that the GEM was reacting to Nina, not Arika.

- Kira
But the robe was overlaid on top of Arika not Nina. If it was reacting to Nina then robe should have be overlaid over her and not Arika.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 18:54   Link #198
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 32
Quote:
I've been wondering about this too. If Arika is, in fact, the queen as we're being lead to believe, then why did the GEM react to her in episode one, before she received the nanomachines? At the same time, though, was it really her that the GEM was reacting to at that point in time? I'm not so sure, considering that every time it lit up Nina was touching Arika. This is most evident when they're falling and Nina grabs Mashiro first, keeps falling, grabs Arika and... poof! random robe overlay and they float for a bit.

So I guess my theory on the subject is that the GEM was reacting to Nina, not Arika.
My theory, revised.

The nanomachines and the GEMS are symbiotes, they both need each other in order to function properly at max.

Rena released the baby into the canal and placed the pendant on the child, when she confronts Rad, the pendant shines. Surely that meant something. She placed that pendant to protect the child, queen maybe, or maybe even her daughter.

So far the gem has activated when Arika was in danger of being killed (Note I said killed here). However, it's ability is limited in that Arika doesn't have nanomachines. When Nina touched Arika when falling, I am willing to bet the pendant itself, finding Arika in danger, activated by stealing/using some of Nina's nanomachines to keep her safe...but of course for a limited period of time.

2nd time it activated, NINA was NOT there. What did it do instead? It blasted that Slave with an energy blast. No need for nanomachines in that case (Note I'm talking about defending Arika with it's limited abilites). It knew that more was needed so it released the stones, telling Arika, "use us and we'll protect you and Mashiro." As Natsuki said, the contract was made by fate which is why she's allowing it to be. Those STONES wanted Arika to make a certificate with Mashiro for a very good reason.

Thus, there are 2 possibilities

1 - Rena tricked the old lady, my argument is that if you want to protect someone, deception is the best way to do it. What better way to protect someone than by acting as a decoy? She placed the pendant on her daughter's neck to protect her because their after her now, not the real princess. The pendant itself has a mind of it's own and said, "i'll protect your daughter and carry the legacy."

Arika is Rena's daughter, Mashiro is the queen, and Nina is something else but has to be related somewhat, afterall she's seen Rena's face as in episode 6. Another thing as she sinks she sees Arika as Rena.

2 - Arika is the real princess and Mashiro is her sister (there has to be a link) with Nina being Rena's daughter.

It could also turn out that the King and Queen had twins or siblings or something and hid the other as a plan B as they knew Rena retired and no new Otome had arisen yet.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 19:43   Link #199
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 30
Do you guys ever get the feeling that the three key to the harmonia thingy at palace may pertain to Arika, Nina and Mashiro who knew the same song...?
djmaca is offline  
Old 2006-01-24, 19:59   Link #200
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca
Do you guys ever get the feeling that the three key to the harmonia thingy at palace may pertain to Arika, Nina and Mashiro who knew the same song...?
It is a given the song will be important.

It is one of the rules of writing. If you mention something in the first act, then it will be important to the plot later on.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.