AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-28, 10:54   Link #581
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So going through the first few missions. Combat is quite good, but very reminiscent of the ones found in Macross Ace/Ultimate/Triangular Frontier (I have all three games, but should have just waited for the last one... *sigh*). Yes, I was hoping to have the ability to manage a Macross Quarter type-ship, but that option appears to be very limited.

This game is definitely stretching the graphic capabilities of the PS3, which is a bit outdated now. Funny how they gave me a VF-0 from the start, while Aisha gets a VF-19 due to 'special privileges'.

Ah, the YF-29 Durandal has a updated version in the form of Percival. Going to get my hands on one, but probably won't be possible until later. *sigh*

- Tak
You're so lucky, if only I wasn't broke.
Old 2013-03-28, 11:29   Link #582
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Really its not like what happened with Harry Potter.
I won't answer the rest because I've met many on other boards with a different opinion to your "the war is over, you can ship whoever you want;" but I'll say one thing to the quote above: I know what you mean. I shipped Harry & Hermione to the end but I accepted the ending nonetheless because I still like the trio all by themselves & not in romantic relationships.

That aside, it was me who said the players could play as Alto because someone on the live feed had done it.
Old 2013-03-28, 11:59   Link #583
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Harry and Hermione? Are you guys insane?

Old 2013-03-28, 12:01   Link #584
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I won't answer the rest because I've met many on other boards with a different opinion to your "the war is over, you can ship whoever you want;" but I'll say one thing to the quote above: I know what you mean. I shipped Harry & Hermione to the end but I accepted the ending nonetheless because I still like the trio all by themselves & not in romantic relationships.

That aside, it was me who said the players could play as Alto because someone on the live feed had done it.
I too also ship Harry & Hermione but I did feel the series was better off without any romance at all, because to be honest Rowling sucks at writing it, and it took away from the story instead of adding to it. But as a Harry & Hermione fan you cannot tell me that the AR fans have it bad, because even after Rowling basically vindicated them the RHr and GH fans still go out of their way to attack every other fan ship for the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post

Hey Rowling herself admitted it could have gone that way.
Old 2013-03-28, 12:15   Link #585
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

I must admit, while not a fan of Hairy Pot, I did watch couple of the movies against my will and thought they were the main ship.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-28, 12:26   Link #586
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But as a Harry & Hermione fan you cannot tell me that the AR fans have it bad, because even after Rowling basically vindicated them...
I remember one particular 'delusional shippers' interview - news of the shipwars and outcry REALLY spread through the vines, bombarding my f-list (amazing considering I barely have anything to do with HP) that I basically knew all the details, and I wasn't even part of the fandom at all!

I do sympathize though, and am glad it never deteriorated to that extent, which is why I'm always amused whenever someone bemoans our 'shipwars'. This fandom at least, can manage some sort of civility and bro hugs.

Edit: I realized I misread you, although that one interview has been a source of great headaches for HHr shippers. I wasn't aware of any follow up after that part so feel free to correct me
Old 2013-03-28, 12:34   Link #587
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
I too also ship Harry & Hermione but I did feel the series was better off without any romance at all, because to be honest Rowling sucks at writing it, and it took away from the story instead of adding to it.
I basically said the same thing. I liked the trio without the romance because their friendship is what I started watching the movies for. & so, I can't sympathize with those who were absolutely disgusted by the ending because my main love was the trio itself & not the romance. After all, I watched the movies for the plot & not the romance. & I never discuss anything Harry Potter related because I do not have an entirely strong attachment to the romance in the movies or novel. People need to get over it. The books & movies have been done for a while now, years even. God, we need something new to replace the heat; like a new Star Wars film.

Anyway, we're kinda falling off topic... let's get back on topic before the mods remove posts.
Old 2013-03-28, 16:50   Link #588
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
I remember one particular 'delusional shippers' interview - news of the shipwars and outcry REALLY spread through the vines, bombarding my f-list (amazing considering I barely have anything to do with HP) that I basically knew all the details, and I wasn't even part of the fandom at all!

I do sympathize though, and am glad it never deteriorated to that extent, which is why I'm always amused whenever someone bemoans our 'shipwars'. This fandom at least, can manage some sort of civility and bro hugs.

Edit: I realized I misread you, although that one interview has been a source of great headaches for HHr shippers. I wasn't aware of any follow up after that part so feel free to correct me
It was actually the owner of Muggle.net who said not Rowling. Though it doesn't people from quoting it. But yeah it wasn't so much the ship wars were pretty much one-sided. Really MF is heaven compared to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I basically said the same thing. I liked the trio without the romance because their friendship is what I started watching the movies for. & so, I can't sympathize with those who were absolutely disgusted by the ending because my main love was the trio itself & not the romance. After all, I watched the movies for the plot & not the romance. & I never discuss anything Harry Potter related because I do not have an entirely strong attachment to the romance in the movies or novel. People need to get over it. The books & movies have been done for a while now, years even. God, we need something new to replace the heat; like a new Star Wars film.

Anyway, we're kinda falling off topic... let's get back on topic before the mods remove posts.
Well a lot of people hated the epilogue, aren't all shippers, and even the shippers (GH, RHr, HHr, DHr, DH, DG, etc) all hate it for reasons not related to shipping. The real problem with the epilogue was that it was cliche, it was both giving out too much information and not enough information at the same time, unnecessary, and kids children with horrible names. People actually wanted to see how the wizarding world was recovering from the war, they didn't care about who married who.

But yeah like back on topic I believe I saw Macross II on that website that Gubaba posted.
Old 2013-03-28, 17:49   Link #589
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well... Don't say everyone hated the epilogue and/or didn't care about the shipping situation in the Harry Potter series just because you guys didn't. I, for one, enjoyed both things immensely. And I'm fairly sure I wasn't the only one.

Old 2013-03-28, 18:05   Link #590
wisteria233

Quote:
Well... Don't say everyone hated the epilogue and/or didn't care about the shipping situation in the Harry Potter series just because you guys didn't. I, for one, enjoyed both things immensely. And I'm fairly sure I wasn't the only one.
I never everyone just a lot of people for reasons not related to shipping.
Old 2013-03-29, 07:35   Link #591
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Spoiler for Onr of the endings, looks like my list is getting confirmed:
Old 2013-03-29, 15:23   Link #592
John117xCortana

I'm guessing thats the harem ending.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:45   Link #593
Syaokura

Quote:
I did like what I read about the Alto-Sheryl bits in the game.
Can I get some details about this? Sheryl/Alto is relevant to my interests, and I've been looking over the sites for their scenes to be posted.
Old 2013-03-31, 02:19   Link #594
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaokura View Post
Can I get some details about this? Sheryl/Alto is relevant to my interests, and I've been looking over the sites for their scenes to be posted.
I don't think its anything that other people hasn't already heard of, as I don't watch 24/7 live streams nor update myself as much, but here are some quotes/speculations that intrigued me:

- Direct quote from HayateKanzaki in GameFAQS, who types like a certain AS user

Quote:
During a conversation between Leon's group and Alto and Sheryl, Alto was protecting Sheryl from the 'guys who were out to get her' specifically. And were performing a fold in his plane to get away and somehow ended up on Ouroboros in one of the ruins.

- In every published game shot of Sheryl, her right earring is always missing. I wasn't really sure what the significance of this is in the game, so when
this footage suggested where it went , I suppose it was given to Alto somewhere along the line. (On this note, there's conflicting information of this version of Alto: was he from SnT, and if so, why was it brought up that he was surprised when he was told he went MIA in the movie? My head hurts, and I refuse to touch it anymore.) I've always liked the earring symbolism between them, so I'm glad they carried in into the game.

Alto and Sheryl being the first characters you meet: only for a MF fan, where its nice as you don't have to waste time wondering when they'll appear.

There's also something about Sheryl's Burning Fever, you'll have to bug Tak about this chapter.

And that's all from me, these are rather small but I do appreciate them Of course, these are all my observations, players will definitely be able to provide more concrete info.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:09   Link #595
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
I even reblogged this photoset and missed the earring...
Here it is, from around 4:32-33.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:24   Link #596
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Newest Macross SpeakerPodCast, talking yet more about the 30th Anniversary, and also interviewing Egan Loo, who created probably the first-ever English-Language Macross website.

http://www.macrossworld.com/4600/4600/
Old 2013-03-31, 11:58   Link #597
magnuskn

Thanks, cheesie.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:05   Link #598
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Oh, sorry. I must've gotten you confused with the person who thinks Alto ended up with Ranka and started writing a fanfic about how Alto loves Ranka and has an Alto-loving-Ranka sig and takes every opportunity to attack Sheryl in favor of Alto loving Ranka.

I didn't realize you'd come to accept Alto and Sheryl, but I haven't been here that often recently. Still, I apologize profusely.
Holy shit, ether the likes that hasn't been seen since Nas battled Jay-Z was just dropped.

/wipes sweat off head.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:23   Link #599
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I just got the game .... any way i got difficulty in how to how break off the "lock on mode" I know it r1 not sure how to break away form the targets and proceed to the next objective btw just encounter the bandit ship not sure if my current VF 0D can destroy it

PS is there a game wiki on the controls [ well got most of it figured out but more info is helpful ]
Old 2013-03-31, 18:17   Link #600
Syaokura

Quote:
I don't think its anything that other people hasn't already heard of, as I don't watch 24/7 live streams nor update myself as much, but here are some quotes/speculations that intrigued me:

- Direct quote from HayateKanzaki in GameFAQS, who types like a certain AS user

- In every published game shot of Sheryl, her right earring is always missing. I wasn't really sure what the significance of this is in the game, so when
this footage suggested where it went , I suppose it was given to Alto somewhere along the line. (On this note, there's conflicting information of this version of Alto: was he from SnT, and if so, why was it brought up that he was surprised when he was told he went MIA in the movie? My head hurts, and I refuse to touch it anymore.) I've always liked the earring symbolism between them, so I'm glad they carried in into the game.

Alto and Sheryl being the first characters you meet: only for a MF fan, where its nice as you don't have to waste time wondering when they'll appear.

There's also something about Sheryl's Burning Fever, you'll have to bug Tak about this chapter.

And that's all from me, these are rather small but I do appreciate them Of course, these are all my observations, players will definitely be able to provide more concrete info.
They may be small, but I'm happy to see any A/S related stuff. Thank you for the info, cheesie!
Closed Thread