AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-08-28, 18:56   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1091 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

My bad guys, I wanted to make the new thread earlier, but I was a tad busy at the time. Anyhoo, credit to AP's Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Sentoumaru". Splash is a color page.

-The action gets kicked up another notch! While the vice admirals deal with the sea beasts, Sentoumaru confronts Kizaru! The former has a flashback of his first meeting with Vegapunk, which was previously covered in the volume 106 SBS (basically, Sentoumaru was shunned by his village due to his great strength, but Vegapunk became interested in him and hired him as his bodyguard). However, something new we learn is that Kizaru had accompanied the scientist to Sentoumaru's homeland at the time, and took it upon himself to train the lad! Back in the present, Kizaru expresses his regrets about fighting his former protege,.... but in the end, takes him down with a beam. He then uses the command chip to take control of the army of Pacifistas, ordering them to take down Vegapunk's sea beasts!

Back in the lab, the Vega Force 1 is carrying the Sunny to the other side of the island, but it's at that moment that Kizaru makes it through the barrier! Meanwhile, Lucci makes makes a fresh attempt on Vegapunk's life.... but he gets thwarted by the Straw-Hats and their allies! Zoro goes straight for the pigeon man, sending the both of them hurtling outside of the lab! Back on the roof, Kizaru is ready to intercept Vegapunk's robot, when a new challenger appears in front of him: LUFFY....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-08-31 at 13:06.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-28, 19:46   Link #2
Gerard07

Having seen the spoilers, it seems that Sentomaru did not last long against Kizaru but Luffy arrived to fight against the Admiral, and about Zoro vs Lucci, well it was evident that the latter was not going to change sides and was going to attack the Mugiwara side XD, well wait more spoilers!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-29, 18:24   Link #3
marvelB

Full summary is out, so updated! I find it interesting that we learn of another admiral with a master-pupil relationship shortly after we got Aokiji's past with Garp. I wonder if this means that Akainu/Sakazuki has a protege, as well? Personally, I'd guess Ryokugyu may fill that role, since he hinted back during his introduction that he looked up to the fleet admiral..... but we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Anyways, Zoro's turn to take on Lucci, eh? BTW, it seems Sanji traps Kaku in one of those bubbles, so it doesn't look like the giraffe man will join the fight anytime soon. I also imagine that this fight may serve as a reality check for the pigeon man.... earlier, he said he refused to acknowledge Luffy as an emperor. So if he ends up losing to his right hand man even in his awakened state, he has no choice but to eat that slice of humble pie, lol. And as for Luffy vs. Kizaru, while I admittedly hoped that Zoro would be the one to take him on, I guess I'm okay with this.... Borsalino is still one of the marines' best, after all. And I know some feel that an admiral is a step down from an emperor, but I personally never saw it that way.... after all, they more than hold their own against Whitebeard's forces long ago, did they not? Taking that into consideration, I see no reason why Kizaru wouldn't make a decent match for Luffy. Of course, the remaining question is just how long before Saturn gets involved....?

Oh, and.... NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-29, 23:24   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I wonder if it was either Oda or Shueisha that takes a break next week?

As for Kizaru being Luffy's opponent, I would say that he's the final hurdle before Luffy can face Akainu/Sakazuki.

As for Saturn, I'm hoping we can see a wild card appearing. But, I really look forward to see Straw Hat Pirates settle the score with Kizaru after over two years.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 16:46   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Full summary is out, so updated! I find it interesting that we learn of another admiral with a master-pupil relationship shortly after we got Aokiji's past with Garp. I wonder if this means that Akainu/Sakazuki has a protege, as well? Personally, I'd guess Ryokugyu may fill that role, since he hinted back during his introduction that he looked up to the fleet admiral..... but we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Anyways, Zoro's turn to take on Lucci, eh? BTW, it seems Sanji traps Kaku in one of those bubbles, so it doesn't look like the giraffe man will join the fight anytime soon. I also imagine that this fight may serve as a reality check for the pigeon man.... earlier, he said he refused to acknowledge Luffy as an emperor. So if he ends up losing to his right hand man even in his awakened state, he has no choice but to eat that slice of humble pie, lol. And as for Luffy vs. Kizaru, while I admittedly hoped that Zoro would be the one to take him on, I guess I'm okay with this.... Borsalino is still one of the marines' best, after all. And I know some feel that an admiral is a step down from an emperor, but I personally never saw it that way.... after all, they more than hold their own against Whitebeard's forces long ago, did they not? Taking that into consideration, I see no reason why Kizaru wouldn't make a decent match for Luffy. Of course, the remaining question is just how long before Saturn gets involved....?

Oh, and.... NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!
The only time we saw an Admiral directly confront an Emperor was Whitebeard vs Akainu, and the half-dead Whitebeard knocked him out in one blow. He later got up but it was clear he stood no chance against him.

I would honestly be disappointed if Luffy struggles a lot against Kizaru. I'm not expecting it to be an easy fight for him obviously, but he shouldn't have anywhere near as much trouble as he had against Kaido.

Another point of comparison is Rayleigh being very confident he could take on Kizaru at Sabaody two years ago, while he felt he would lose against the current Blackbeard.
Old 2023-08-30, 21:33   Link #6
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Sentomaru and Sstudy are loyal to death to Vegapunk, although the first one did not last long against Kizaru, there will be Zoro vs. Luccy and a Luffy vs. Kizaru, (I wanted Sanji to be the one to fight him, I don't think he has the level of Haki needed to deal with it, since although it has a good affinity with Kenbushoku Haki, it cannot see the future like Luffy, which is bad against Kizaru, who is surely the fastest character in the series), good to wait the next chapter!
Question; Why will there be a break next week,I know I shouldn't complain (Oda surely doesn't do it because he's lazy), did something else happen to him?,Is he still not well after his surgery?,or is it something from the magazine?, will we have to get used to the fact that the manga comes out every other week?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote