AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would your rate this week's episode?
* 1 0.64%
** 1 0.64%
*** 14 8.92%
**** 51 32.48%
***** 90 57.32%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-25, 16:38   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

[Mai Otome] Episode 16 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Mai-Otome!

The poll is closed until Thursday around 11:30 AM – EST. Please do not vote in the poll until you have seen the episode.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • No Manga spoilers in the Episode thread. Please alert a Moderator if you see Manga spoilers. Use the button you see below each user’s name.
  • Keep it on-topic and discuss the episode at hand.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members. Rudeness will lead to impotency.
  • As always…have fun, enjoy yourself and remember to tip the wait staff. =^.^=

Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

However, if you feel that what you're about to write might be a spoiler, by all means, use the Spoiler Tags.

Example: Using this...

[spoiler=Arika]Arika is really Paris Hilton.[/spoiler]

...you'll get this...

Spoiler for Arika:

Please remember that only moderators can start the episode discussion threads every week.

Poll

The poll is fairly self explanatory, but just in case:

(*) = I think I threw up a little. (**) = Meh., (***) = Average., (****) = Good..., (*****) = Outstanding!
Old 2006-01-25, 16:39   Link #2
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

I was wondering when this was coming up

I have to say... either this episode or next, and I think Mai Otome is going to enter into the drama phase that made Mai HiME so amazing.

I'm hoping for good things from you, Tomoe. Don't let me down.
Old 2006-01-25, 16:48   Link #3
KiraDouji

I just want to see two things:

1. Plot Development
2. MAI

That is all.

- Kira
(Well, possibly the new openning, but that's not as big as the other two)
Old 2006-01-25, 16:52   Link #4
snow_hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji

1. Plot Development
2. MAI

That is all.

- Kira
totally agree. wanna see Mai and story development. i want to see natsuki's robe as well>.< i havent seen it yet and i wanna know who the actual 5 pillars are....
Old 2006-01-25, 16:53   Link #5
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

1. Plot Development
2. MAI

That is all.

- Kira
Well don't count 16 for the new OP. It's apparently going to be 17.

I just hope the 2channer's (and myself) are wrong but I guess it would make sense if Natsuki is going to materialize in episode 17.
Old 2006-01-25, 16:57   Link #6
ExAstra

Quote:

1. Plot Development
2. MAI

That is all.

- Kira
I completely agree. I want Mai to come back, damnit. The wait is killing me. I'd also like to see some drama unfold- especially in what Nagi's plans and Tomoe's motivations are.
Old 2006-01-25, 17:00   Link #7
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
I was wondering when this was coming up

I have to say... either this episode or next, and I think Mai Otome is going to enter into the drama phase that made Mai HiME so amazing.
*fingers crossed*

Quote:
I'm hoping for good things from you, Tomoe. Don't let me down.
There are a few of us who are beginning to form the Cult of Tomoe, we should be disturbed by this. But it's true, it's make or break time - she either starts doing her own barrage of skillage, or she takes a hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie
I just hope the 2channer's (and myself) are wrong but I guess it would make sense if Natsuki is going to materialize in episode 17.
Hmm, why do you hope she *doesn't* materialise in ep 17? Or did I misread your post...
Old 2006-01-25, 17:08   Link #8
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I just want one thing - Nagi to finally start implementing his masterplan.
Actually I want many more things but since I don't think there is a chance of them happening, Bagi's plan would suffice.
Old 2006-01-25, 17:18   Link #9
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
*fingers crossed*

There are a few of us who are beginning to form the Cult of Tomoe, we should be disturbed by this. But it's true, it's make or break time - she either starts doing her own barrage of skillage, or she takes a hike.

Hmm, why do you hope she *doesn't* materialise in ep 17? Or did I misread your post...

I meant that I was hoping the OP would take place in episode 16 instead of 17.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-01-25, 17:19   Link #10
Winchester

Here's *my* hopes for the next episode, not that I'll get any of them fulfilled I don't think...

* We get to see some of the tournament - though not all, as usual (not that we'd want to, the way tournaments always bog down a show whenever they're introduced...)

* At some point, Tomoe slips in a way that lets Erstin know that she was the one that controlled Miya - and Erstin makes the mistake of confronting her in private. Tomoe kills Erstin, Arika sees it - or the results, but can't beat Tomoe.

* Eventually, Arika gets batted into the stands, and after a quick agreement with Mashiro, they activate their contract. Tomoe, seeing her objective already taken, goes apeshit, and Arika has to take her down hard.

Problems with the scenario: Where are the Guarderobe staff in all this, and why are they letting the fight go on? (It's too bad, because it's such a lovely scenario and brings so many loose ends to a close...)

SP
Old 2006-01-25, 17:27   Link #11
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*chuckles* They probably just were getting the peliminaries out of the way and the top 20 or so Coral will have their moments in the spotlight during the 2nd half of the ep. At least I hope so. ^^

I look for an invasion from Aswald during the final bout between Arika and Nina (interrupted yet AGAIN) to close out the eppy.

On a lil side note, I find myself laughing at how much Mai's return is making such a fuss. Sunrise did good in keeping Mai away for so long - made us all giddy in anticipation of our favorite fire-wielder returning and kept us watching their show like good lil kiddies...
Old 2006-01-25, 17:59   Link #12
Blaat

Mai is the only thing I'm asking for.
Old 2006-01-25, 18:16   Link #13
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I just want one thing - Nagi to finally start implementing his masterplan.
Here Here! That and Arika in her Souten no Seigyoku robe No worries though since it looks like theyre having the mai-battle tourney so we'll get to see some action.

They better not jib us like they did with the Remus & Romulus Otome Battle or ill go off on a rant.
/queue moderator cus it might be bannable.
Old 2006-01-25, 18:18   Link #14
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I'm hoping Mai is with Aswald, and we'll see her in episode 17 attacking Guarderobe with Kagutsuchi!
Old 2006-01-25, 18:48   Link #15
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
I'm hoping Mai is with Aswald, and we'll see her in episode 17 attacking Guarderobe with Kagutsuchi!
I miss that whale/dragon/phoneix thingy. I just love the way Kagutsuchi takes matter into his own hand in a fight. Especially when he knows his owner is being stupid. Just blast away and be sorry later.
Old 2006-01-25, 18:55   Link #16
Kona
Banned

I feel this series is going at a slower rate than MH. Well, atleast tomoe is getting the beatdown... woot.
Old 2006-01-25, 18:58   Link #17
Solitaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
Well don't count 16 for the new OP. It's apparently going to be 17.

I hope they were wrong about episode 17 being the new opening. I'd rather have a new opening for 16 considering we didn't get an interesting preview for this episode anyway ><.
Old 2006-01-25, 19:00   Link #18
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire
I hope they were wrong about episode 17 being the new opening. I'd rather have a new opening for 16 considering we didn't get an interesting preview for this episode anyway ><.
My guess is we didn't get a intresting preview for Ep16 becuase Ep16 is when things to roll. So the new op for Ep17 would more approraite becuase thats when the tone of the series (hopefully to something darker) will change.
Old 2006-01-25, 19:39   Link #19
Befgrek

I'm preparing myself for a huge cliffhanger at the end of this ep. That's more or less all I expect. I think it'll be somewhat like all the other episodes in general. Some fights in the tournament... some friendly chatter between Arika, Nina and Erstin... Tomoe looking evil, Nagi talking about is "master plan" and then, the cliffhanger.

I don't think Mai will appear just yet. But of course, I'm only saying that because I've been expecting her to show up in just about every damn episode up 'till now and she STILL isn't here. So let's try some reverse psychology.
Old 2006-01-25, 20:58   Link #20
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
[*]Be polite to your fellow forum members. Rudeness will lead to impotency.
[spoiler=Arika]Arika is really Paris Hilton.[/spoiler]

...you'll get this...

Spoiler for Arika:
Rofl. Especially the impotency part.
Closed Thread