AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-10-19, 23:33   Link #1
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
[Manga] Chapter 328 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.


Summary:

Kakuzu and Hidan say their last words to the Konoha group and leaves. At first Shikamaru wanted his friends leave as soon as possible with Asuma so that he can be taken care of. After hearing Hidan blabbing about Asuma's condition, Ino attempts to use her medical jutsu. Unfortunately, Asuma tells them it is alright, as he has already accepted his death. Shika gets angry at those words, but after seeing Ino's expression (after she examined Asuma), he also calms down; there is nothing that can be done anymore to save Asuma.

Asuma tells his final words to his students: in short, he praises them, tells them to be strong, to be strong-willed, you are strong, and you will become stronger.

Asuma also reminds Shika of their latest king-related speech, and whispers him what he thinks the king is.

After his speech, Asuma asks for a cigarette, recalls his memories related to team 10 (i.e., their first meeting, their regular activities, Shika's promotion, and the final two promotion). Then he drops his cigarette and dies.

Chapter ends with sadness-displays and tears.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:39   Link #2
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Kakuzu was holding Hidan's headband lol cute.

I want Asuma back though =o, who's gonna pay for Chouji's food.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:54   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Now, after Asuma's death, I wonder how Tsunade will react. (Now ignoring the unlikable/unsatisfactory way the death took place) Considering that Akatsuki were moving in pairs sending 4 people to face them with almost no backup was a bit irresponsible on her side. On the good side, the secrets of more than half of the Akatsuki have been uncovered with the last fight.

Just like Sasori's case, the next fights with Deidera, Hidan, Kakuzu, and Kis-harky-ame will be met with much better preperations, I believe and hope. Especially, Hidan will be doomed and hopefully be eliminated quickly in the next fight, if what he used is the only powerful thing he is capable of using.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:55   Link #4
flexx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Finally, kishi kills a character.
Would have been strange if asuma survived.

quite dramatic chapter. Just a little bit sad because i liked asuma's fighting style.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:59   Link #5
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Hidan will be doomed and hopefully be eliminated quickly in the next fight, if what he used is the only powerful thing he is capable of using.
How do they beat Hidan when he can't die? All Shika worked out is to get him outa that circle.

Quote:
Considering that Akatsuki were moving in pairs sending 4 people to face them with almost no backup was a bit irresponsible on her side.
They had fire country to search, they could call for backup but they had to find them quickly so a lil less numbers cover a larger area faster to find them.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:59   Link #6
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
The translations i've been reading are not so clear. Did asuma say that Shika was the King?
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:02   Link #7
Ashura3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Totally agree, Tsunade needs to rethink the way she's having her ninja engage the Akatsuki. I wonder if we'll get better strategy from the majority of the not-so-strong Konoha nins or simply more Yamato-types with insane jutsu and power. While I wouldn't bet on Yamato killing an Akatsuki as we don't know the extent of anyone's power at the moment, I would certainly bet on him surviving an encounter unlike Asuma. I'm hoping for less the latter more the former.

Shika smoking the cigarette was a beautiful touch.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:04   Link #8
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Now, after Asuma's death, I wonder how Tsunade will react. (Now ignoring the unlikable/unsatisfactory way the death took place) Considering that Akatsuki were moving in pairs sending 4 people to face them with almost no backup was a bit irresponsible on her side. On the good side, the secrets of more than half of the Akatsuki have been uncovered with the last fight.

Just like Sasori's case, the next fights with Deidera, Hidan, Kakuzu, and Kis-harky-ame will be met with much better preperations, I believe and hope. Especially, Hidan will be doomed and hopefully be eliminated quickly in the next fight, if what he used is the only powerful thing he is capable of using.
You got terrorist coming into your own backyard killing almost anyone that stands against them. And we have a half ass President, er, Hokage. The time for idle BS should end here. How the hell did 76 other ninjas prove to be no help against the fight with Akatsuki. You have to wonder what the others were doing while the fight went down.

I know that Best Buy had a sell on Ipods the other day, were they there? We're some of them at lunch talking about the Bears/Cardinals football game?

I mean, I truly want to know exactly how much time the fight took. I know it was within one day, I was being sarcastic with what I said above, but was it 30 minutes or 20? It's pathetic and Konoha can't take another take over.

You got one ninja breaking wind.
One reading a book.
One playing with wood.

All unaware of whats going on. And I thought the Sand was out of touch.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:08   Link #9
Ashura3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
You got one ninja breaking wind.
One reading a book.
One playing with wood.

All unaware of whats going on. And I thought the Sand was out of touch.
Hopefully this'll be the wake up call they need (although one would think the Sand Sound invasion would've been enough). I miss the dark undertones the series had in the beginning with the Haku arc, that stuff needs to start coming back.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:09   Link #10
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
How do they beat Hidan when he can't die? All Shika worked out is to get him outa that circle.
He was taken care of quickly in this fight, also. If Kakuzu weren't there or if the others were aware of his puppet like condition, the fight might have resulted in a different way. His secret is known, his jutsu's characteristics are known, and there is a high chance that he will be "killed" (you can take the word in the way you like) by Kakashi by being teleported to the other dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
They had fire country to search, they could call for backup but they had to find them quickly so a lil less numbers cover a larger area faster to find them.
That doesn't change the fact that it is reckless. Asuma guessed correctly where they might have been, whereas the others were not even close to that. Tsunade would have used that (Asuma's past) to her advantage (maybe she wasn't aware of Asuma's past).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:16   Link #11
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
That doesn't change the fact that it is reckless. Asuma guessed correctly where they might have been, whereas the others were not even close to that. Tsunade would have used that (Asuma's past) to her advantage (maybe she wasn't aware of Asuma's past).
It was reckless but not knowing Asuma's past isn't an excuse. We know that communication tools such as Walkie Talkies exist in Naruto (See Chapter 9). There could have been a lot more that could have been done to tackle the unknown.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:16   Link #12
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
He was taken care of quickly in this fight, also. If Kakuzu weren't there or if the others were aware of his puppet like condition, the fight might have resulted in a different way. His secret is known, his jutsu's characteristics are known, and there is a high chance that he will be "killed" (you can take the word in the way you like) by Kakashi by being teleported to the other dimension.
Hidan is still a powerful NIN his ability is just what he uses. Shika was exhausted they couldn't hold Hidan the way he did anymore, sure Shika keeping him frozen ( like anyone else he would be keeping frozen ) if Shika has someone like Asuma with him then the person who is stuck is probably doomed, cep Hidan.

Unless Shika is there Hidan jus has to get the blood from anyone stand in a circle and stab himself and they die.

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that it is reckless. Asuma guessed correctly where they might have been, whereas the others were not even close to that. Tsunade would have used that (Asuma's past) to her advantage (maybe she wasn't aware of Asuma's past).
And what if Asuma was wrong and the akatsuki got into Konoha? it would be a bad bad day, they needed to find them and if the teams had to be in 4's to stop them getting into Konoha then so it should be o.o.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:17   Link #13
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It would've been better if Asuma was a bigger part of the Akatsuki series before his death.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:26   Link #14
Eleutheria
旅行癖
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I don't remember any mention of "玉" before in the manga. Wonder what's that all about, i.e. Asuma telling Shikamaru about its identity.
__________________
ロースクールに入ったから、アニメはもはやこれまでかな
日本語のレベルも段々退歩してるし~
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:34   Link #15
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
To be frank i don't think Asuma dying did affect me or what not because he wasn't really introduced much to me, he was more like a side character unlike Kakashi or even Yamato. Asuma's fighting style i don't find quite unique or anything after seeing him fighting Itachi. after finding out his true identity about him being a guardian i was kinda shocked because i didn't think he was that great of a jounin. if you ask me, asuma dying is a good thing. good transaction and good learning for Team 10, makes them stronger. all we can do now is accept the fact sarutobi asuma is dead.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:06   Link #16
iKumdo
Chodan
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
It was reckless but not knowing Asuma's past isn't an excuse. We know that communication tools such as Walkie Talkies exist in Naruto (See Chapter 9). There could have been a lot more that could have been done to tackle the unknown.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Kishimoto forgot about the walkie talkies. I mean, doesn't he have plenty of plot holes?
__________________
iKumdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:12   Link #17
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Asuma's death was sad but good... nice to see that Kishi actually is willing to kill off good guys... honestly, i still can't forgive him for that chouji and neji mess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Now, after Asuma's death, I wonder how Tsunade will react. (Now ignoring the unlikable/unsatisfactory way the death took place) Considering that Akatsuki were moving in pairs sending 4 people to face them with almost no backup was a bit irresponsible on her side. On the good side, the secrets of more than half of the Akatsuki have been uncovered with the last fight.
Actually, Asuma's team had about 76 other ninjas as back up... i don't recall Tsunade ordering the team to engage the atasuki right away without waiting for back up, sure she emphasized how important it was to stop them but she never said not to be cautious... whether or not to engage the enemy before reinforcments arrived was Asuma's call... Not saying that Asuma was completly wrong though, Hiden was alone and his guard was down, Asuma's team attack against Hiden was downright perfect, it's just they seriously underesitmated him (but ofcourse, no one could have predicted he was immortal)... Point is, Asuma could have easily chosen to simply find them and keep track of them and wait till until reinforcements arrive...

Tsunade's has got to use her ninjas well they're not unlimited... She can't send all of the ninja out, some have other responsibilties that must be maintained, like missions and training other ninjas... and Some ninjas need to stay put in the village, if the atasuki were to somehow get around the ninjas set after them and go staight to Kohona, the village might take some serious damage... 80 ninjas was proabbly the best she could do... as for having the teams move in pairs as opposed to individually, well the fire country is a big place and 20 groups can cover much more ground than 10 groups...

Quote:
I wouldn't be too surprised if Kishimoto forgot about the walkie talkies. I mean, doesn't he have plenty of plot holes?
lol, true dat... though i guess one somewhat reasonable escuse might be the walking talkings in naruto have a very short range... i guess...

Afterall, we never see them use anything other than birds for long distance conversation....
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:36   Link #18
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Anyone want to post a summary of the fight in one post? I am still a little unclear about how Asuma dies.

Was it as simple as Hidan eventually finding the strength to overpower the kaga mane jutsu and stab himself with the blood contract still on?

EPYON
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:58   Link #19
Kinjo
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
It was reckless but not knowing Asuma's past isn't an excuse. We know that communication tools such as Walkie Talkies exist in Naruto (See Chapter 9). There could have been a lot more that could have been done to tackle the unknown.
Totally, and even if they didnt have the technology fireworks would surely suffice, they did after all have time while hidan and kakuzu was inside the bounty office.

Oh well, you can at least hope that Inoshikachou took Asumas bounty and bought nice things for themselves so that something good came out of this.
Or would that be cold?
Kinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:59   Link #20
WLegend
Driven
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
who was the king???, did it say in the chapter because i only read the raw.
WLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.