AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-12, 13:32   Link #141
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya;
The funny thing about this is that being a mercenary since childhood, he has a bad tendency confusing his feelings of love for Kaname for possibly loyalty, trust and protectiveness.
Thats a very intresting way to look at it , being a mercenary and that too with Honor in Duty . Sagara chooses Kaname over his duty/obligations to Mithril ( FMP SR ) . After that incident in HK we do know where Sagara's heart lies .

That isnt an indication of love but its Sagara his life revovles around duty/missions .
Old 2007-02-12, 21:31   Link #142
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubaki-kun View Post
Have Sagara ever said on one's own: "Kaname, you're so beautiful.."? No. He even call her only by family name, Chidori. His main feelings are debt & duty..
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-13, 15:26   Link #143
velvet nightmare

actually im not sure if that event warrants a sign of love

if your best friend (lets say girl, in this example) dresses up nicely for a prom or something, it wouldnt be out of the ordinary to call them beautiful

i personally think that the first time souske reveals any feelings for for kaname are past the animes in the novels
Old 2007-02-13, 19:18   Link #144
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

In FMP SR Sagara seeks companionship of a Girl who resemble Kaname in HK think those were feelings IMO
Old 2007-02-14, 00:26   Link #145
velvet nightmare

im not actually entirely sure whether or not souske knew what he was getting into

he probably thought the girl took him to her room to have a chat

i guess it could be seen as sort of souske's 'love' pulling him out of the daze right before that girl was about to kiss him

but wouldnt that be generic though for anyone?

you're about to sleep with a slut you found in the streets and you imagine your best friend of the opposite sex yelling at you to snap out of it

i might seem anti kanameXsouske rofl, but i still see souske as completely clueless until dancing very merry christmas
Old 2007-02-14, 00:32   Link #146
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Actually I dont see you anti SagaXKana you just using logic to anaylize the story . About the HK incident Sagara who has been the most obidient mercenary for Mithril would abandon his duty and comrades ( Mao ) for just another freind ?

I dont want SagaXKana to hook as bf/gf that would take the fun away I agree
Old 2007-02-14, 02:41   Link #147
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Geta Boshi's right. Although we never find out the reasons behind it, he did take a girl that looked just like Kaname to a room. Whether he knew what he was doing was questionable, but it's obvious enough that a piece of him wanted to be with Kaname at that very moment. And if him feeling worse and worse to the point of leaving Mithril in the middle of a mission just because he ended up being forced to leave Kaname wasn't much of an indication of him liking her, then I don't know what would be considering this is Sousuke we're talking about.

As for the boyfriend/girlfriend idea, either way you look at it, if they were to hook up, Kaname would probably still slap him around with that fan... So I don't think the fun would be taken away too much... Everyone's gotta admit, Sousuke's great, but he can be quite a bonehead when it comes to non-military life.
Old 2007-02-14, 20:35   Link #148
velvet nightmare

actually i prefer it if they went out

the random smacking just gets a bit boring after a while

even souske knows when he's going to be hit

when he winces like in fmp SR 13
Old 2007-02-15, 12:01   Link #149
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
As for the boyfriend/girlfriend idea, either way you look at it, if they were to hook up, Kaname would probably still slap him around with that fan... So I don't think the fun would be taken away too much... Everyone's gotta admit, Sousuke's great, but he can be quite a bonehead when it comes to non-military life.
Actually IMHO Sagara gets beaten up because of his inablity to convey his feelings to Kaname . Kaname likes him but wants Sagara to confess first coz she cant do so . If they do hook up her beatings will reduce a great deal which dilute the chemistry , Kana will be a perfect lovey dovey gf , she is violent now mainly because of Sagara Goof-Ups and Frustations Regarding him .

Lovey-Dovey Kana no fun
Old 2007-02-15, 13:58   Link #150
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I don't know... I'll admit that Kaname will probably start being lovey dovey towards Sousuke once he flat out tells her he likes her without saying something stupid afterwards that'd make her question the validity of what he just admitted. But, the way I see it, just because he's finally admitted that he likes her, it doesn't mean he'll stop doing some bonehead stuff. Sure, it'll probably end up with Kaname getting annoyed and smacking him with the fan, but then thinking back that he's doing it for her, so she smiles, but that doesn't make it less interesting in my opinion... One thing that won't change either way would be that Kaname would still end up being aggressive several times while Sousuke continues to have bonehead moments.

As I think about it, Full Metal Panic! was slightly on the humours side, but had more serious moments while Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu was simply pure out humor. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid resorted back to the more serious aspect of the series, though not any less entertaining. In fact, I found it much more entertaining. And the way the ending seemed to have went, I can't seem to put it past the writers that they might just put Sousuke and Kaname together just to have a change of pace and possibly entertainment.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:17   Link #151
velvet nightmare

by the next series (if that ever comes out)

the writers will definitely have to make a move on those two

reason being is that souske has already eliminated tessa from the picture

the series will have a lot less stuff happening if kana and souske keep beating around the bush
Old 2007-02-15, 23:51   Link #152
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah obviously Sagara will keep messing up and may tastse Kana's fan now and then . IMO Kanaa doesnt havnt anger management problems she is just frustated coz she likes a guy who cant admit his feelings for her . Its that frustation that leads Sagara to be overabused by that fan. Kana's is only brutal in Sagara's case she is calm and collected genrally when it comes to other guys .

Remember the debut of Bonta Kun where Kana dates her senpai consider the realtionship between Kana and Sagara turned like that ... Teh Horror
Old 2007-02-15, 23:57   Link #153
velvet nightmare

here's an interesting thought

if sagara didnt run in the direction of the ferris wheel, would kaname choose to go out with her senpai?

reason i ask this is b/c she was blushing the whole time the guy asked, until she saw sagara take down a few security guards and she realized that the reason why he's so stupid is b/c of her
Old 2007-02-16, 00:10   Link #154
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

IMHO she knows Sagara likes Kana , but she is frustated he wont acknowledeg his own feelings towards her Its also that guilt which makes her not encourage her Senpai to go out again .
Old 2007-02-17, 00:23   Link #155
velvet nightmare

i have a question

at the end of TSR episode 13 kaname pinches souske's sleeve

what does that mean?

to me it seems like a playful show of affection like pulling on someone's sleeve

is that generally what the mood is?
Old 2007-02-17, 05:41   Link #156
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i have a question

at the end of TSR episode 13 kaname pinches souske's sleeve

what does that mean?

to me it seems like a playful show of affection like pulling on someone's sleeve

is that generally what the mood is?
Yes. It's a touching show of affection. As you can tell, the stories are well written enough that the writers tend to elude fully answering whether Sousuke likes Kaname or not. They would give hints repeatedly, but never reveal the answer... until you read the more current chapters in the manga from what I've been informed. Of course, that last part is something I've yet to confirm since I can't seem to find the mangas anywhere.
Old 2007-03-29, 15:23   Link #157
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
actually i prefer it if they went out

the random smacking just gets a bit boring after a while

even souske knows when he's going to be hit

when he winces like in fmp SR 13
Haha he winces a few times in Fumoffu also. Like the beach episode when she hits him with a bat. There are a few others as well, but I can't remember.

Haha. I really personally think that Kaname DEFINETLY likes Sousuke.

I do think that Sousuke is still semi-oblivious. I think he realizes how much Kaname is depending on him. I think through most of the third season, Sousuke was resentful for being taken away from a mission that he was somewhat enjoying. Kaname was finally friendly with him, and he had realized his idiocy. He appreciated her honesty with him. He finally had a trusting person outside of the military. And life isn't all military with Kaname. Its different for him, and I think he kinda enjoys the challenge.

I DID however think it was a hint that Sousuke had some form of emotion for Kana-chan when he is about to wrap his arms around her at the end and gets interrupted. HE FLIPS when Kyoko comes out, almost like he was commiting a crime.

If anyone remembers in season one, when Tessa was really upset and starts crying on Sousuke's chest like Kaname did... Sousuke never even attempted to wrap his arms around her, but he made an effort with kaname. I think that means something... >>
Old 2007-03-29, 15:28   Link #158
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
here's an interesting thought

if sagara didnt run in the direction of the ferris wheel, would kaname choose to go out with her senpai?

reason i ask this is b/c she was blushing the whole time the guy asked, until she saw sagara take down a few security guards and she realized that the reason why he's so stupid is b/c of her
I adored the part at the end of that episode, when Kana is telling Bonta-kun about how she went on a date with a guy she HAD a HUUUUGE crush on.. And Bonta-kun lets out this little sigh like... "ooooh..." Almost like a... "dangit..." or "bummer." But she explains a little bit about it, and he realizes what really happened. I thought that was cute. He got emo for a second. LOL.

I think Kaname would have said no to Sempai. She was blushing after Sempai said something about another guy too. AKA referring to the idea of Sousuke existing. Kana has turned down numerous guys, She hasn't seen Sempai in awhile either, theres no reason she would still like him. They just went out to catch up until the guy decided to tell her he loved her.
Old 2007-03-31, 11:27   Link #159
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnaki View Post
I adored the part at the end of that episode, when Kana is telling Bonta-kun about how she went on a date with a guy she HAD a HUUUUGE crush on.. And Bonta-kun lets out this little sigh like... "ooooh..." Almost like a... "dangit..." or "bummer." But she explains a little bit about it, and he realizes what really happened. I thought that was cute. He got emo for a second. LOL.

I think Kaname would have said no to Sempai. She was blushing after Sempai said something about another guy too. AKA referring to the idea of Sousuke existing. Kana has turned down numerous guys, She hasn't seen Sempai in awhile either, theres no reason she would still like him. They just went out to catch up until the guy decided to tell her he loved her.
The manga did it better, that scene with Bonta-Kun, but it wasn't bad.

And Kana, yes, has turned down other guys. "the prettiest girl you never want to date." She has a fiery temper, is stubborn, and willful. She needs a guy that she can bounce off of, who can accept her as she is. I honestly think Sosuke has fun some of the times.
Old 2007-03-31, 19:46   Link #160
victoryred

I am not so sure where it will go now. I mean during the cruise ship incident, Sousuke told Tessa that he liked Kaname more than her. Not to mention before they go back to Kaname's apartment in COMO they were already holding hands walking down the street. Then of course there was the fact that with everything falling apart around them, he confesses his feelings to her. And when she leaves with Leonard, she whispers something to him.

And their brief 'reunion' at the end of MMD. I think they are going towards something a little romantic since the next novel is the end of the Main storyline, but I know that it can go either way right now.
Closed Thread