Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-27, 00:52   Link #4261
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
wouldn't the white queen be Cornelia
Hard to tell. unlike the other's I can't really recall a piece of art/magazine that featured a character holding the white queen.

Nunnally, Cornelia, Euphemia, and Marrianne are all reasonable options.
Old 2008-01-27, 00:55   Link #4262
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think the C.C. we see flying around in the that weird space is the real deal, though I'm not sure if that means she made it out of the ocean. Not sure if Kallen could really take the place of C.C. I don't think she could be on the same level as C.C. was as his partner, or accomplice as C.C. often said. She seems more like the powerful knight, but I guess anything is possible.
Old 2008-01-27, 00:59   Link #4263
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I think the C.C. we see flying around in the that weird space is the real deal, though I'm not sure if that means she made it out of the ocean. Not sure if Kallen could really take the place of C.C. I don't think she could be on the same level as C.C. was as his partner, or accomplice as C.C. often said. She seems more like the powerful knight, but I guess anything is possible.
Well, with the relavation of who Zero is to Kallen, the differences between them are lessening. Given she has been stalking Lelouch since he was a kid... but she had her own things in common with him. *shrug* We'll see.
Old 2008-01-27, 01:01   Link #4264
Elicit

Side-wise, C.C. is personified by the Black Queen piece, but, she'd look more like the White Queen, and this is more due to her choice of clothing. Now, flash to this new R2 C.C. who's now sporting darker clothing, she looks more the Black Queen now than in S1. Maybe this might hint that this R2 "C.C." might actually show darker qualities and the real C.C. is, I dunno, doing something else to preserve Lelouch, while acting out as though she's the enemy (votes for Knight of One being C.C. LULZ).

It's been said that beginners usually use their Queen pieces early in hopes of gaining an advantage by using the Queen's maneuverability over their opponents. While I doubt Lelouch, if they go along the route that he has amnesia, would forget his skills as an excellent chess player, I just wonder why he seems to lose interest in his "King moves first so that the others follow" motto.

Last edited by Elicit; 2008-01-27 at 01:02. Reason: .
Old 2008-01-27, 01:01   Link #4265
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well, with the relavation of who Zero is to Kallen, the differences between them are lessening. Given she has been stalking Lelouch since he was a kid... but she had her own things in common with him. *shrug* We'll see.
unless the geass is making Lelouch immortal or something. Then C.C.'s got him. >:3
Old 2008-01-27, 01:21   Link #4266
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The whole thing about the C.C. that is with Lelouch not being the real thing really irritates me. If the real one was gone for just a little while, it wouldn't be a problem but I don't want the whole thing to go one for half the season. I wish we knew more about what the animator meant by a "character similar to C.C."

Well, I don't think the geass makes you immortal or we would likely have a lot of immortal people around. I suppose if it was something gained by some who achieved mastery over the geass it would work, but immortality always seemed like a lonely existence to me. Well, until I watched Baccano! and was presented with the idea that immortality isn't so bad if you are with people you care about who are also immortal.
Old 2008-01-27, 04:28   Link #4267
ch0c0b0fr34k

I highly doubt this false world or false C.C. will turn out to be the truth. C.C.'s pretty much had her foundations laid out for her; the perfect preset for more character analysis and more spoilers. Erasing all of that (and it wasn't even half-completed) for a "replacement" character just doesn't suit the CG timeline.
Old 2008-01-27, 04:50   Link #4268
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
The first episode that showed Lelouch moving the King was middle of the game, in a real game you could never move the king first. The only reason he did move that piece first was due to cause the man to think he was an idiot, then draw out his pieces, probably get himself into check and then kill the piece that threatened his King.

Perhaps it is a new round, but the fact we see Lelouch still acting cheerful and no sign of Zero for a Year makes me worry, especially if the Kiss caused some weird C.C. power to spawn Rollo whose the living embodiment of Evilness of Lulu. Thus the evil smirk!

Come to think of it; Suzaku is in 7th place of the Knights. What happened to the guys before him? Or did everybody just get bumped up one to make room for him?

Still..it's odd..if he's 7th then there are better mechs than Lancelot out there and more haxxorz than Jesus Kururugi(Oh Kira)

Old 2008-01-27, 06:06   Link #4269
Stretch5920

It will have to be in the middle of the chess game this time aswell since you can't move the queen first turn either. If they are going with the amnesia plot, then I guess the queen represents C.C and things won't move forward until she returns, which is hopefully at the end of the first ep.
Old 2008-01-27, 07:33   Link #4270
miles316

lelouch v aristocrat

I thought that lelouch took over the game from that old man
Old 2008-01-27, 09:49   Link #4271
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

If the kiss caused what happened, then I would think it was just in case things went wrong. I'd like to think the kiss was her way of finding out where he was after everything was over, though you would have to wonder why she took a year to get back. V.V. could have been behind Rollo's appearence.

I curious as to what sort of mechs the other knights have, particularly those with a giher rank then Suzaku.
Old 2008-01-27, 10:07   Link #4272
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
If the kiss caused what happened, then I would think it was just in case things went wrong. I'd like to think the kiss was her way of finding out where he was after everything was over, though you would have to wonder why she took a year to get back. V.V. could have been behind Rollo's appearence.

I curious as to what sort of mechs the other knights have, particularly those with a giher rank then Suzaku.
I swear I keep picturing the knight of one looking like Kira, and and have a giant flying Freedomish mech, I mean if he's ranked that high he's gotta be stronger, and have a better mech that Suzaku, and the only person i've met with more haxx mech piloting skillz is Kira.
Old 2008-01-27, 10:32   Link #4273
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I imagine it would be an older person whose skills have been honed over time. Perhaps that woman we saw in the PSP game photo? In any case I expect Suzaku will find some sort of mentor figure in one of the older knights. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of them had known Marianne as we know she was one of the early test pilots.

I can only imagine how powerful the other knights mechs must be. Lelouch better get more ace pilots if he plans on dealing with those because Kallen, Toudou, and the few other really good ones are not going to cut it. And I know Lelouch is meant to be a mediocre pilot at best, but I could see him defeating at least one on his own if only by luck. Which would of course infuriate Suzaku even more.
Old 2008-01-27, 10:59   Link #4274
NewYinzer

I am putting this entire section of text into spoiler tags, as it gives away important plot details from the end of the first season and some special S2 preview material:
Spoiler for For S1 and S2 details:
Old 2008-01-27, 11:43   Link #4275
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lelouch giving up on Nunnally? That is not going to happen unless Lelouch goes through a drastic change in personality. She also doesn't seem to be aware that it was V.V. who took Nunnally. I think even C.C would know she couldn't get Lelouch to do that in any case.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:51   Link #4276
Elicit

That other woman Dann of Thursday mentioned is named Nonnette Enneagram, and she is confirmed to be the Knight of Nine. The significance of her position can be looked upon in her name (both first and last), but, other than that, we don't know much about her.

C.C.'s a smart woman; she knows Lelouch wouldn't give up Nunnally for whatever sake. That last bit of the trailer showing C.C. makes me think she was trying to contact Lelouch in urgency about something, but, alas.
Old 2008-01-27, 14:55   Link #4277
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

wait knights of 9? first it was 7 then 12 then 7 again and now 9? can someone please tell me how many knights of round there actually are? oh and the discusscion about who's a hero, villian or anti-hero should be in the morallity thread.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-01-27, 15:04   Link #4278
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
wait knights of 9? first it was 7 then 12 then 7 again and now 9? can someone please tell me how many knights of round there actually are? oh and the discusscion about who's a hero, villian or anti-hero should be in the morallity thread.
there are 12 people in total in the Knights of the round, and they are in order of strength, Suzaku is the 7th, and in turn the 7th strongest of the knights of the round. The knights of the Round are led by "The Knight of one" who is the 1st, and most powerful of the knights of the round.
Old 2008-01-27, 16:00   Link #4279
ch0c0b0fr34k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
The first episode that showed Lelouch moving the King was middle of the game, in a real game you could never move the king first. The only reason he did move that piece first was due to cause the man to think he was an idiot, then draw out his pieces, probably get himself into check and then kill the piece that threatened his King.

Perhaps it is a new round, but the fact we see Lelouch still acting cheerful and no sign of Zero for a Year makes me worry, especially if the Kiss caused some weird C.C. power to spawn Rollo whose the living embodiment of Evilness of Lulu. Thus the evil smirk!

Come to think of it; Suzaku is in 7th place of the Knights. What happened to the guys before him? Or did everybody just get bumped up one to make room for him?

Still..it's odd..if he's 7th then there are better mechs than Lancelot out there and more haxxorz than Jesus Kururugi(Oh Kira)
His synch level with Lancelot is extremely high. The same synch level might not show up with other mechs. He might work much better with the Lancelot than with another one.
Old 2008-01-27, 17:00   Link #4280
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wonder if they'll reveal all the Knights of the Rounds at once or introduce them one by one. I am very curious as to who the Knight of One is and as to what sort of knightmare they use. Compared to the Knight of One, Suzaku will probably look like a novice.

I am also curious as to how all of them will view the world. I'm sure a few of them will be like any of the other proud Britannians we see all the time, but I think it could be possible that a few of them might be more moderate and not completely agree with the Emperor's views.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers