AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-04, 02:58   Link #121
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

"That's pretty close to a crime"

*shivers*
I wish this anime stopped trying to be realistic but not.

What's funny is that this airs on the same day (or so) as Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Waru.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2021-05-04 at 03:38.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 13:53   Link #122
ImperialPanda

This is one show that didn't really need a western release, much moreso than Interspecies Reviewers or Redo of Healer.

In case it even needs to be said... In the United States, the only option here is to contact child protection.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 15:09   Link #123
Alchemist007
*Author

I mean people everywhere, including the US, can be incredibly sick. Just watch the news. I'd like to believe there are generally more good people as a whole though.
Old 2021-05-10, 10:30   Link #124
Frontier

What rotten luck. Sayu has made so much progress and then she ends up working with one of the guys she slept with in the past, and he turns out to be such scum. I mean, I think he's voiced by Hermes' VA from DanMachi, so you know you can't trust him with women, but Yaguchi is still absolute scum .

Not only does he coerce Sayu into taking him home but then he practically forces himself on her, and Sayu just about gives in because she doesn't want to cause more trouble for Yoshida. If I were Yoshida, I would have absolutely throttled him for what he was doing to Sayu. That son of a @$%^ deserved worse .

I mean, yeah, the living situation with Yoshida and Sayu isn't ethically sound, but someone needs to be there to protect Sayu, support her, and not expect sex in return so she can build up her self-worth again and be able to genuinely smile at the world. Because that's what she needs right now .

Poor Sayu is so used to throwing her body away that she doesn't understand how she could finally resist having sex with someone because she finally feels like she has enough worth to not need to do it without really wanting it. Nobody should have to feel that way or discover it after such a harrowing experience. I hope Sayu can truly build up her emotional and mental health moving forward so she can have truly genuine and loving relationships in the future .

Yoshida didn't beat Yaguchi up, but at least Asami was there to slap him and tell him off for what he did. And at least the most that scumbag could do is not rat Sayu out .

So Asami comes from a well-off family of a politician father and a lawyer mother, and she basically has so little time with her parents that she went gyaru to get their attention, but all she really wants to be is an author. I'm rooting for her to make that dream a reality .

Asami is a true and genuine friend. She and Sayu come clean to each other about their respective difficult living situation and really bond over a beautiful starry night. It was just so sweet and wholesome !

Sayu is ready to face the future and stop running away, and however long she continues to stay with Yosdhia, that is what she'll be working towards moving forward. I wish her nothing but success on that front .

That picture...flashback episode next week? Was that Yoshida and Gotou together? Or Yoshida and someone else ?
Old 2021-05-10, 12:04   Link #125
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

Honestly, I think this episode should have been split into 2 to let the tension build up a bit in the first half and ending it with Yoshida and Sayu's scene after Yaguchi left, and a more relaxed pacing for the second half. Things escalated really hard in term of pacing to the point it was a bit jarring in my books.
I guess the director and/or the person behind the script wanted to wrap Yaguchi's case within a single episode, and while I agree the girls' talk is a nice closure, I think they could have done it better.

At the very least, it does address how Sayu feels about the fact she sold her body before, while Yoshida obviously knows he has already reached the limit of what he can do. He picked the "lesser evil" option but that was still not the best course of action hence why he couldn't rebuke all of Yaguchi's statements. That said, that's rich coming from Yaguchi to criticize like that given the situation, especially only Sayu herself and her parents could be the judge of that.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-05-10 at 12:17.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 19:19   Link #126
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Honestly, I think this episode should have been split into 2 to let the tension build up a bit in the first half and ending it with Yoshida and Sayu's scene after Yaguchi left, and a more relaxed pacing for the second half. Things escalated really hard in term of pacing to the point it was a bit jarring in my books.
I guess the director and/or the person behind the script wanted to wrap Yaguchi's case within a single episode, and while I agree the girls' talk is a nice closure, I think they could have done it better.

At the very least, it does address how Sayu feels about the fact she sold her body before, while Yoshida obviously knows he has already reached the limit of what he can do. He picked the "lesser evil" option but that was still not the best course of action hence why he couldn't rebuke all of Yaguchi's statements. That said, that's rich coming from Yaguchi to criticize like that given the situation, especially only Sayu herself and her parents could be the judge of that.
This did kind of feel like they were jam-packing the climax and resolution of a volume into an episode, but I feel like they put in as much of Yaguchi as the audience could probably stand and balanced it out with the Yoshida/Asami content .
Old 2021-05-10, 20:20   Link #127
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think we need to get good old Truck-kun for this scumbag. Not to isekai him anywhere...just remove him from the series. What a piece of work. Utter trash that somehow has such incredible self-esteem that he sees himself as above everyone else.
Old 2021-05-10, 22:25   Link #128
Marcus H.
All-Terrain Panda

Pacing may be fast, but I agree with Frontier. Best to move the eyesore scumbag out of the way as quickly as possible.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 32. Completed: 409. Plan to watch: 33.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-11, 00:36   Link #129
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

This is definitely the best horror anime this season. It's just so unnatural, so creepy.
I mean, are they gonna end this anime with "This entire story was actually a story written by the gyaru"? It's already more fantasy than Narou. *shiver*
I thought for a second, hey, some guy that seems normal appeared... and then he's all a good guy now in the second half. With no doubt, the scariest scene this season of anime. Except we are only half-way through this anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-11, 13:04   Link #130
LG-MAX 2.o

As expected, the anime was listed on the BPO. But interestingly at one point in the published complaint there was a compliment for the story.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-11, 14:47   Link #131
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
This is definitely the best horror anime this season. It's just so unnatural, so creepy.
I mean, are they gonna end this anime with "This entire story was actually a story written by the gyaru"? It's already more fantasy than Narou. *shiver*
I thought for a second, hey, some guy that seems normal appeared... and then he's all a good guy now in the second half. With no doubt, the scariest scene this season of anime. Except we are only half-way through this anime.
Well if by "normal" you mean absolute scum...although I think it was less treating him like a good guy and more just that he's a guy who follows his own code, despite his dubious ethics.

Tags
harem