AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-23, 21:41   Link #1
john_kun
Banned

Burning Hell

Burning Hell (manga): Action, Adventure, Drama, Historical, Mature, Seinen

"Set in Japan and Korea during the Edo period, a time of great upheaval between the two cultural groups." Author: Yang Kyung-Il

A new seinen that cough my attention. This seinen is not for the weak hearted as it contains loads of blood, violence and just simply a lot of disturbing scenes. Everything that a gore thirsting seinen fan wants .

Currently we are at chapter 4. But already this looks very promising. Well let just say the story surrounds itself around 2 prisoners on an island between Korea and Japan. Both are sick and twisted human beings. If you want to know more just read 4 chapters. That should not take to long
Old 2010-02-23, 23:23   Link #2
Xion Valkyrie

Isn't it only 4 chapters? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a short story rather than a full blown manga.
Old 2010-02-23, 23:36   Link #3
john_kun
Banned

What!?

haha first 4 chapters are just the beginning I think. It' still on going. Where did you get that info from anyways?

Lol no manga is that short. It should be at least 12 chapters and quite honestly I think it will be more than that.
Old 2010-02-24, 00:02   Link #4
Xion Valkyrie

I think when it was being scanlated, (around chapter 2), there was some info saying that the writer + artist meant it to be a one shot, except 4 chapters instead of 1. They've done a 2 chapter one shot before.

Anyways, although it does seem like there's going to be a phase 2, probably due to the reception?
Old 2010-02-24, 01:43   Link #5
john_kun
Banned

Well considering the way it openly ended and the way author told there will be others it kinda hinted that it will continue.

Otherwise it is just stupid writing. But you seem to be serious so I will re-read it and see for some hints.

And why the heck do 4 chapter deal when this looks so promising? That just does not make sense.
Old 2010-02-24, 03:31   Link #6
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
Well considering the way it openly ended and the way author told there will be others it kinda hinted that it will continue.

Otherwise it is just stupid writing. But you seem to be serious so I will re-read it and see for some hints.

And why the heck do 4 chapter deal when this looks so promising? That just does not make sense.
Maybe he got tired of doing Defense Devil and wanted to do something more mature. Considering that he's pretty much tied up with Defense Devil for right now, I think we might not see any more of Burning Hell for a while.
Old 2010-02-28, 05:56   Link #7
john_kun
Banned

man this sucks. i was looking forward to this series.

oh well I still got Y+M as my gory seinen.

And this defense devil. What genre is it?
Old 2010-02-28, 08:41   Link #8
Xion Valkyrie

It's shounen. The art is awesome, and it deals with devils and and shinigami and what not, but overall it doesn't feel very dark even though it deals with death and what not because of the genre it's stuck in.
Old 2010-03-01, 09:06   Link #9
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Well you two guys inspired me to read the chapters that are available, and let me tell you, I liked it. The art is the style I like and I love that the mangaka made the relationship of the characters as real as possible. The language barriers are great for the backround comedy and I like the way he draws
Spoiler for MANGA:
I hope this manga goes on, it's interesting at the least. The mangaka is the same that does Defence Devil you say? I'll give that one a look over too while I'm at it. Thanks.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:18   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Be sure to also check out Shin Angyo Onshi while you're at it. It's by far their best work IMO.

About Burning Hell, I'm not sure if it was dropped or not, but if it was, I wouldn 't count on it coming back. I'm still waiting for the continuation of Island they promised so many years ago... so far nothing. It stopped just when it was getting REALLY good too.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:22   Link #11
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Epic intro, Shame if its not continued.
Old 2010-03-01, 19:12   Link #12
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^Be sure to also check out Shin Angyo Onshi while you're at it. It's by far their best work IMO.

About Burning Hell, I'm not sure if it was dropped or not, but if it was, I wouldn 't count on it coming back. I'm still waiting for the continuation of Island they promised so many years ago... so far nothing. It stopped just when it was getting REALLY good too.
Island seemed pretty much wrapped up from what I remember.
Old 2011-02-02, 00:54   Link #13
AdventSleeper

Excuse me for posting in such an old thread.

I just picked this up after finishing the author's Shin Angyo Onshi. The 4 chapters were great, and I hope there will be more.

I'm not really into Defense Devil as I prefer their seinen works more. But does anyone have any info or news about this series? It's not done or canceled is it?
Old 2011-02-02, 01:51   Link #14
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Excuse me for posting in such an old thread.

I just picked this up after finishing the author's Shin Angyo Onshi. The 4 chapters were great, and I hope there will be more.

I'm not really into Defense Devil as I prefer their seinen works more. But does anyone have any info or news about this series? It's not done or canceled is it?
I haven't heard anything about it. I think it's either dead or in hiatus (until after he finishes Defense Devil).
Closed Thread