AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-03, 12:15   Link #1321
Miraluka
Banned

Actually Index's director, Hiroshi Nishikiori, tweets time to time about Index's series, and when he does it usually is a wall of text, maybe he is doing the planning for the third season? He seemed unsatisfied with the second season's issues like the ED or the lack of stable animators and or his lack of confidence on freelancers, etc.
Old 2012-06-05, 22:52   Link #1322
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ strange indeed ... it's not the fact that he has esper powers that surprises me ... it's the fact that he could "overuse it"

oh ... this was addressed to me? Ah my bad, I didn't see it ... Anyway thanks Hao-sama for the quote

ok since it's the Q & A thread I have a few questions Kagato3 (because there's some points I want to make clear after re-reading your posts seriously )
1. Are you sure he was labeled by the BODs as a gemstone the very first time he stepped in AC and not after he recently attracted attention by fighting magicians around the city, pwning Accel, etc ... ?
2. Was it ever stated that the guy in those urban legends who can negate power was identified as "Kamijou Touma" or anything else that could lead to him?
3. Was it ever stated that Himegami is a Level 0? ... Has there been a "Lv.0 Gemstone ability" in the first place (putting him aside)?
4. You said "his family never tried to hide IB" ... Are you sure his family really knew about IB? didn't his father always said he was "pursued my misfortune" and not "doomed" by IB? Did his father ever mentioned he can negate supernatural powers?
5. Are you sure that TV show was about a guy who can "negate supernatural powers" and not a "misfortune bringer phénomène de foire"?

BTW is it ok to ask numerous question at a time in this thread? ^^"
1. the only way to be classifide as a gemstone is to gain powers through non atifical means, includeing the PCP. therefore lodgic dictates he had to be known to have powers before he started the program or he never could be labled a gemstone. Also "I have possessed some weird power for my entire life...If I come into contact wiith an Esper ability with this right hand, be it a railgun or a lightning attack, even a miracle of God can be dispelled."
Touma clearly knows he has had the powers his "entire life"

2. No the only one that linked Saten's urban legend to Touma was Bribri, but it is clear Touma had know about his ability for quite a while and makes no atempt to hide it durring the first volume or through out early parts of Railgun.

3. Himegami's level is unkown but given like Tsuchimikado Motoharu (a known level 0) she has 0 control over Deep Blood, which itself seems to be a questionable power to demonstire (how many people in AC belive vapires exist?) and she has ended up in a predomently level 0 school (though given some of the students and teachers there it maybe the holding area for those that are useful but need to be placed out of the way by the higher ups) I belive it is likelyshe is a level 0. we don't know about level 0 gem stones mainly because the only gemstones we have ever seen are Himegami, the #7, and an unnamed girl that Touma's dad ran into in London. We have seen level 0's from the pcp that have powers, they are just either completely uncontroled (Tsuchimikado) or weak to the pont of uselessness (Akemi, a level 0 Telekintic that before useing level uper could barely lift a paper cup)

4. part of the whole reason Touma was sent to AC is that he had become known as a supernatural phénomène that caused bad luck to the point people were trying to kill him, and Touma sees his luck as part of his powers since in volume 1 he claims to have possessed them his entire life. And realy how long do you think it would take for him to find out about negateing powers in AC? A week? A day? An Hour? Also why would Touma keep IB a secret? Part of the point of AC is to get powers Touma's a level 0 because he has no control over IB and he has no detectable AIM feild, oh and Alaster has plans for him. It's not like it is hard for him to show he has it.

5. again the misfortune bringing is part of IB, you know part of the whole miracle of God being dispeled.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2012-06-05, 23:01   Link #1323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, one of the main reason his family sent him to Academy City was because it's a city of Science where people don't believe in superstition like 'luck' and 'curse'. Of course if they could figure out what's 'wrong' with him, that's a bonus.

And there's no way past Touma would show off his power, I recalled someone mentioning that people even tried to put him on TV as a freak show. Past-Touma would never want to be the center of attention like that, if the scientists can't figure out what's 'wrong' then he's happy to live a 'normal' life.
Old 2012-06-05, 23:14   Link #1324
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, one of the main reason his family sent him to Academy City was because it's a city of Science where people don't believe in superstition like 'luck' and 'curse'. Of course if they could figure out what's 'wrong' with him, that's a bonus.

And there's no way past Touma would show off his power, I recalled someone mentioning that people even tried to put him on TV as a freak show. Past-Touma would never want to be the center of attention like that, if the scientists can't figure out what's 'wrong' then he's happy to live a 'normal' life.
It was mainly because superstition had gotten to the point people were trying to kill him.
He might not flaunt it but as far as I can tell from what we have seen in railgun and index before his mind wipe he has never hidden it. If he was trying to hide it then index would not have had her walking church destroyed in that way.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2012-06-06, 00:57   Link #1325
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
-answers-
1. You're dodging the question. Do you have any proof he was labeled as a gemstone this early by the BODs or not? Him knowing about/showing off his power is irrelevant.
2. You're dodging the question again ... and Miko-chin didn't even know his name nor anything about him at that time, it's difficult to consider her as a proper link either
3. ... please answer with concrete proofs, not guesses (and don't put artificial espers and Gemstones in the same bag, you know well they don't use the same logic to measure their level)
4. I was not asking about Touma but his parents
5. ... proof anyone involved with those TV shows knew that?

Damn, sorry I might sounds like a scarecrow but it can't be helped when you use so much unproven references.
Old 2012-06-06, 01:54   Link #1326
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
3. Himegami's level is unkown but given like Tsuchimikado Motoharu (a known level 0) she has 0 control over Deep Blood, which itself seems to be a questionable power to demonstire (how many people in AC belive vapires exist?) and she has ended up in a predomently level 0 school (though given some of the students and teachers there it maybe the holding area for those that are useful but need to be placed out of the way by the higher ups) I belive it is likelyshe is a level 0. we don't know about level 0 gem stones mainly because the only gemstones we have ever seen are Himegami, the #7, and an unnamed girl that Touma's dad ran into in London. We have seen level 0's from the pcp that have powers, they are just either completely uncontroled (Tsuchimikado) or weak to the pont of uselessness (Akemi, a level 0 Telekintic that before useing level uper could barely lift a paper cup).
Himegami was a former student of Kirigaoka. they only accept people with rare abilities (e.g. Move Point, and Counter Stop). if you had a rare ability, you'd be classified as at least a level 2. She can't possibly be a Level 0 if her power is so strong, she wiped out an entire town of vampires. Himegami wearing the Walking Church effectively sealed her powers, so she was effectively Powerless. a.k.a. Level 0. Kirigaoka has no use for her then, so they kicked her out.
Old 2012-06-06, 22:27   Link #1327
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
1. You're dodging the question. Do you have any proof he was labeled as a gemstone this early by the BODs or not? Him knowing about/showing off his power is irrelevant.
2. You're dodging the question again ... and Miko-chin didn't even know his name nor anything about him at that time, it's difficult to consider her as a proper link either
3. ... please answer with concrete proofs, not guesses (and don't put artificial espers and Gemstones in the same bag, you know well they don't use the same logic to measure their level)
4. I was not asking about Touma but his parents
5. ... proof anyone involved with those TV shows knew that?

Damn, sorry I might sounds like a scarecrow but it can't be helped when you use so much unproven references.
This will be the last time i try to explaine my point since it is starting to feel like I am banging my head on a desk.

1. a Gemstone is defined as an esper who has gained his/her power without artificial method such as Power Curriculum Program in Academy City. The only way for someone to label Touma a Gemstone is if they belive either a) he never went through the PCP or b) he came to AC with his powers manifested. There is enuff evedence that b is far more likely (Kazakiri's "birth" when he entered AC ten years ago, His own claims that he "possessed some weird power for his entire life", the fact he is going through at least some part of the PCP)

2. The urban legend is about a man that can negate any esper power. By the point Mikoto heard it she had run in to Touma doing just that often enough, he came to her mind instently. Given the spin control of rumors about him beating Accel it is likely there are people that keep his name unatached to the rumor but you missed my point for bringing it up. The reason I even brought it up is to point out that Touma does nothing to hide his ablity so while he may not fluant it, it's not likely that it is not on his record somewhere unless his luck (or someone else) causes it to be lost eveytime it is entered in the system.

3.It was speculation to begin with (and labeled as much) at the time I was unaware of the level 2 requirement for enroling in Kirigaoka Girls' Academy. As for mesuaring the level of a gemstone vs an AC esper. Of course the same logic aplies its the same people and methods that are used to mesuare them both. There is no Gemstone only level scale. Gemstones are just harder to place on it because their powers tend to be odd.

4. Why do you belive Touma and the Schools he has been in would keep the fact he has powers a secret from his parents given Touma sees his bad luck as part of those powers? No version of Touma hides his power in fact he explains it to a nun he met only about a half hour ago.

5. It doesn't matter if anyone involved with those TV shows knew that. The fact is Touma's misfortune is part of his powers, just because it isn't the core of his powers doesn't mean it isn't still a sign he had powers which again was why I brought it up. It would be like the hypothetical scenario of Mikoto being taken to AC thinking she had the ablity to repel animals only to find out that that was side effect of her real powers but she didn't know it because she was highly unlikely to run into a way to detect EM feilds out side AC. she would still come in as a Gemstone but her power would be more clearly defined as it was investagated.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:35   Link #1328
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
-answers-
1. a) I has already been proven that he went through enough of the PCP already so no need to bring that up anymore
b) - Kazakiri's birth is irrelevant, there's no record in AC about it being born from that, it was just some in-between the line interpretation taken from Aleister and Tsuchiimikado's interaction at the end of vol. 6
- so what? just because he claimed he knows it doesn't mean the BoD does
- what? , the fact he's going through the PCP doesn't have anything to do with his power manifesting at all

2. If you really want to know, yes there is records (there's even hints that it's before the events of index Arc) but not officials, just in the darkness (as usual). What, I'm asking you is proof that this urban legend exists year before that, helped the GoD to notice him at that time, labelled him as Gemstone years before, etc ... and I want concrete proofs

3. *sigh* ... try to calm down ... now you got my sarcasm wrong, I never said they use a gemstone only level scale or different persons and methods. But the "logic" they use to interpret the results of the analysis, just because the gemstone has the same raw power and precision as a LV.5 doesn't mean for sure he's a lv.5 (because his power is too strange yes)

4. You asked "why"? Because they simply don't seem to know about his powers at all

Quote:
"Do you know, Touma? Ever since birth, you were truly an 'unfortunate' person."
Quote:
“I do. Because I‟ve seen it. To be honest, my only son is a person surrounded by misfortune. He hasn‟t done anything bad, and yet he always gets wrapped up in various kinds of trouble. It‟s such a common occurrence that, even when he suffers through completely unreasonable experiences, those around him just point and laugh.”
5. a) it does matter, do you think anyone would link IB to misfortune? Even Touma didn't think about it himself 'till Index speculate about it (and that was after knowing about IB's existence itself).
b) I thought Chaos already cleared that, he wasn't send in AC because his parents wanted to study IB or the misfortune but because no one in AC believes in misfortune so Touma wouldn't be socially isolated because of random superstitions like he was back then

Last edited by desrtsku; 2012-06-07 at 04:51.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:51   Link #1329
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Wasn't Hinegami state to be a level 3, even without the vampire killer effect it does allow her to see the flow of blood inside a human body which she can control this.

On a second topic I recall there's a second tournament held in December on academy city anyone recall its name?
Old 2012-06-10, 22:53   Link #1330
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's not a tournament. It's a festival named Ichihanaransai.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:55   Link #1331
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Wasn't Hinegami state to be a level 3, even without the vampire killer effect it does allow her to see the flow of blood inside a human body which she can control this.
Can you confirm? This is the first time I've heard about it here.

And I've been here for a LONG time.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:13   Link #1332
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Can you confirm? This is the first time I've heard about it here.

And I've been here for a LONG time.
All we know is Himegami is at least Level 2, according to Vol3 Ch1 Pt3 it says Kirigaoka has a minimum entry level requirement of Level 2. We have no other confirmation of Himegami's level in the LNs AFAIK.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:22   Link #1333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
All we know is Himegami is at least Level 2, according to Vol3 Ch1 Pt3 it says Kirigaoka has a minimum entry level requirement of Level 2. We have no other confirmation of Himegami's level in the LNs AFAIK.
Hmm, curious- I wonder what is Kazakiri's official level in the school documents?
Old 2012-06-11, 08:41   Link #1334
judasmartel
*Author

*crazy guess* Level 5. She's the 6th Level 5.

Come at me, Aogami fans.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:44   Link #1335
jrdragon2006

quick dum question whats the date when Touma lost hes memories ?
Old 2012-06-19, 15:35   Link #1336
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdragon2006 View Post
quick dum question whats the date when Touma lost hes memories ?
July 28th. And the wikia has a timeline if you want to know more dates :P
Old 2012-06-30, 21:30   Link #1337
jrdragon2006

i remember hearing that To aru Kagaku no Railgun season 2 has been green light but no date has been set yet is that true?
Old 2012-06-30, 22:55   Link #1338
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdragon2006 View Post
i remember hearing that To aru Kagaku no Railgun season 2 has been green light but no date has been set yet is that true?
Just baseless rumors.
Old 2012-06-30, 23:02   Link #1339
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I don't think they'll ever even do a season 2 for Railgun. The anime was a very idealistic series and I doubt they will want to cover the greusome murders of the Sisters arc. Also there's the issue of how Touma is the one who solves it which would be a problem.
Old 2012-06-30, 23:05   Link #1340
Destined_Fate

Touma stopping Accelerator isn't an issue. Doing the arc again in Misaka's point of view would take much longer than what Index managed to show and it would be contrast to how Railgun ended on a happy note while Index dealt with the darker things involving Misaka already. They're better off just making a Season 3 after the Movie and focus on it surpassing Season 2 and Season 1.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a