AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-06, 13:46   Link #5401
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I don't like that scenario. That would open a door of the entire RWBY team becoming the new maidens and I was never a fan of that theory.
Well, even I and my brother, ever since we heard about the maidens, have got this feeling Team RWBY, by the end of story, will be the current generation of maidens.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 13:57   Link #5402
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hazel's reason for hating Oz so much is disappointing as well. Yes, grief for loss of a loved one is powerful, but at least have him be directly responsible for it, not "oh he runs a school for hunters and she died in training". Why not hate the other teachers just as much too? Come on, you can do better than that.

The animation was janky and stiff in parts this episode too.

The twist at the end was nice at least, but it didn't save the episode for me.

Here's to hoping next week is better.

To be honest, while I am not sure if Hazel grudge is justified objectively, blaming Ozpin sound like pretty reasonable target for it. At least I myself would certainly put responsibility on him over some random teacher, especially if Salem were able present her propaganda in believable manner.

Yes. If I were on Hazel shoes, I would do same.
Old 2018-01-06, 16:56   Link #5403
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, the Week Late Train has improved its performance by no longer being the Week Late Plus One Day Train, as it rolls into Episode 11 marginally on-time (for itself).

Let's start out with something somewhat random... I continue to be really annoyed by how Qrow is animated as being hunched over. It doesn't look natural at all. Very weird. I've been thinking that they've been going for the "hands in pockets" look, but they are failing so miserably at it. It looks like he's bent over, which is a lot different than being hunched over.

Did Raven mean to be so conspicuous? I mean, it seems like from the prior episode that Qrow realized she was nearby (but got distracted). I don't think he would've forgotten about that, and he should've been thinking about why he saw her and what that might mean. I hope that Raven's line about Summer means that we might learn some more about Summer by the end of this season, but I get the sense that that's just a pipe dream for me.

On another note, the White Fang has some serious Adam West-era Batman-looking bombs. Wait, Adam.... Adam West? Is there a little similarity there? Oooohhh, I think there is! But, really, I mean, what is the yield of those bombs, like a can of bug spray overheating? Why do you need so many for one structure?

Man, they keep forcing Jaune to be an important character, but he has next to no qualities that actually make me want to root for him. Yes, he was gutted by the loss of Pyrrha and then seeing Weiss get stabbed, but man is he useless. I guess based on what people are saying about the next episode he'll have some use, but this is getting on my nerves.

The fight was very forgettable. I just watched it, so I know who was fighting whom and how each fight went, but I'm sure within a couple hours I'll completely forget. It's already been the case, but they are trying to make waaaay to expansive of a story at this point. It's not just the fighting, but this is where it manifests itself most clearly. This is starting to be like an Avengers movie; way too many people. I'm losing connection with them, and fights are lasting mere seconds, if that. We got to see, what, 3 seconds combined of Yang and Mercury fighting? That should be a very interesting interaction. I don't care about Hazel vs. Nora/Ren. There's no backstory there. They're just thrown together to give everyone something to do. But even getting rid of that does not much at all to improve the overall picture.

This series has been battling this for a while, but it's clear to me that the delusions of grandeur have taken over. It's so unwieldy now. There are so few characters I care about (most of them ones we met within the first few episodes of the entire series). I mean, Ruby, at this point, is basically a side character of a series in which she's supposed to be the main character of the main characters. Very frustrating...

To close, why does everyone talk so much and stand around so much in the midst of combat? Movement is life. And less talky, more stabby stabby.

I'll be interested to see the twist people are mentioning above next week, assuming it's different than the Raven/Vernal thing mentioned.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 18:04   Link #5404
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hm... So if Raven somehow became the Spring maiden, by extremely meta logic (which I don't like, tbh), could Winter secretly be, well, you know?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 19:04   Link #5405
DMurphy

I suspect we won't be getting a situation where RWBY end up as the maidens, if only because having them as underdogs is more narratively satisfying. Instead, I think we might well end up with Cinder acquiring all the Maiden powers and eventually overthrowing Salem with them.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Winter is the Winter Maiden. I think, purely on balance, one of the Maidens probably is a character we've seen already -- and if there's one per kingdom, then either Winter or (unknowingly) Weiss are the top contenders for Atlas.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 19:35   Link #5406
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Hm... So if Raven somehow became the Spring maiden, by extremely meta logic (which I don't like, tbh), could Winter secretly be, well, you know?
I think she killed the previous maiden and stole her powers, the one Leo said ran away from Haven. Raven got Vernal to act as decoy to fool Ozpin and Salem.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 19:54   Link #5407
shiki343

I'm not a fan of the RWBY girls becoming the new maidens, because that would be too predictable, not that that's stopped RT before. Ruby especially does not need maiden powers since she already has the silver eyes. Now if only she could learn to use them.

I also don't think Winter is the winter maiden. Weiss's mother could be though. Maybe that's why she hasn't been shown on screen yet? Rt could be saving her for a major reveal later.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 19:56   Link #5408
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I've forgotten... is it possible for someone to not know that they're a Maiden? For example, could the Maiden powers be dormant within a character we already know about?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 19:59   Link #5409
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I agree with Ruby not getting one of the maiden powers with her having the silver eyes but I think at least one member of team RWBY should get one of the maiden powers now who I don't know.
Old 2018-01-06, 20:17   Link #5410
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I've forgotten... is it possible for someone to not know that they're a Maiden? For example, could the Maiden powers be dormant within a character we already know about?
We have no idea, at this point.

My suspicion is yes, but we've literally not had any indication one way or another.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 20:22   Link #5411
The 48th Ronin

^ How about Blake?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 20:23   Link #5412
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's also been suggested that despite Ozpin being the one who gave them those powers, he himself can't control or tell who has them.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 21:52   Link #5413
bakato

It occurs to me that when this is all over Weiss will have proved herself to be useless.
Old 2018-01-06, 21:58   Link #5414
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not as useless as Ruby, that's for sure.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 22:07   Link #5415
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Not as useless as Ruby, that's for sure.
She practically knocked herself out hopping around and then Cinder stabbed her. Ruby looks like she's gonna do something at least.

For the record, I'm getting Final Fantasy XV vibes from the plot.
Old 2018-01-06, 22:33   Link #5416
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
I agree with Ruby not getting one of the maiden powers with her having the silver eyes but I think at least one member of team RWBY should get one of the maiden powers now who I don't know.
I vote for Weiss. She needs something to boost her power because she's probably the weakest of team RWBY.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2018-01-06, 23:04   Link #5417
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I vote for Weiss. She needs something to boost her power because she's probably the weakest of team RWBY.
She's got her own Susanoo.
Old 2018-01-07, 03:58   Link #5418
Tenzen12

If nothing else I doubt Ruby will be maiden as she is already silver eyed and need some time learn to control it and I doubt RWBY will go by Hollow/Shinigami/Quinci/Zombie/Pirate route for her pilling additional powers

Weiss just recently got solid power up, she just need be able summon it properly in middle of battle and that's not something maiden power would solve.

If someone gonna get maidens power it would be only Blake or Yang, but I don't see that happen to more than one of them anyway.
Old 2018-01-07, 04:14   Link #5419
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I want the Summer Maiden to be one of Jaune's sisters so we can finally get his backstory. Even Nora and Ren's backstory was already explored before him.

Or... I'm just gonna throw this here, I want Jaune himself to be the Summer maiden. There, I said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
She's got her own Susanoo.
And look how useless that was in this fight.

Old 2018-01-07, 04:40   Link #5420
Tenzen12

It couldn't be useless in fight if it wasn't there in first place. Weiss was most useless one because she couldn't utilise it.

Only one who was actually any use was Ruby who saved Jaune and Jaune who saved Weiss. Well they did fought some high level enemies so I can give them some slack.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby