Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-09-22, 09:30   Link #541
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^So Ishigami x Kaguya is impossible too?
Why would you think that relationship will even work?
Old 2018-09-22, 09:59   Link #542
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Wouldn't that be a regression though?
Prez opened up to Kaguya in the Balloon Arts chapter about being pathetic, and how it takes a lot of effort for him to master things that normal people would easily be able to do. To me, a confession would mean that he is willing to show his pathetic side to her, without resorting to the Mama Fujiwara card anymore.
I still remember how much the stark difference between Kaguya's shiny and flashy "that's so amazing" panel and Shirogane's no eyes in dark shadow panel right after it made me worry for their future relationship. Like it felt to me the two talked past each other. Shirogane opened up to Kaguya about his bad and uncool points, basically that he sucks at everything every normal human on earth can do. She saw it as amazing as that his hard-working talent alone makes him a genius in every field as long as he works hard, with the whole "painter tries music and becomes good with it due his previous talent" metaphor. But if you think about it, all the amazing stuff Shirorgane showed off was mostly due Fujiwara teaching him. if he had trained on his own he would have hurt himself on the volleyball arc and got into a hospital. Or shame the entire school with his horrible dancing o that fisher dance. And so on. I dunno, I felt like he was more happy with Fujiwara's help giving him new balloons than with Kaguya's cheering him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Put the comedy aside, isn't that the relationship between Miyuki and Kaguya are destined to doom? The social status difference between them is just too large, and Kaguya's father is definitely will not approve this relationship. Unlike other series, her mother doesn't exist to support her relationship with Miyuki. Her father is an asshole so using Kaguya to marry off another strong and reputable family to solidify his empire is pretty much given at this point. Unless Kaguya's father is somehow Miyuki's father best friend, there is no way the relationship can work.
Yeah, I am surprised that Kaguya and Hayasaca never really talk or think about that part. Or is it that Kaguya basically knows she has no chance of ever choosing her own husband so she at least wants to experience love once before she is married off to a man for power/political reasons?

Quote:
Isn't Ishigami the son of a rich toy company family? Probably a better marriage candidate in the eyes of Kaguya's father than a poor nobody like Shirogane.
Old 2018-09-22, 10:03   Link #543
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^YES! Ishigami End is possible!

So stop kicking prez, Ishigami!

Old 2018-09-22, 10:13   Link #544
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Yeah, I am surprised that Kaguya and Hayasaca never really talk or think about that part. Or is it that Kaguya basically knows she has no chance of ever choosing her own husband so she at least wants to experience love once before she is married off to a man for power/political reasons?
The only alternative I can think of is Kaguya and Hayasaca somehow managed to blindside and steal/took billions from her father and then eloped with Miyuki to a foreign country or unknown place where her father is powerless to interfere. The reason why is she needs billions is to sustain her lifestyle without compromising and at the same time to give Miyuki a boost for him to start up a business in another country.

or a BS intervene like what I have seen in HongKong Drama, where Miyuki got himself a powerful and rich godfather so Kaguya's father has no reason to object their relationship.

Things would have been different (or better) if Miyuki is a legit genius and street smart instead of just an intelligent hardworker.
Old 2018-09-22, 10:34   Link #545
Tenzen12

Quote:
Put the comedy aside, isn't that the relationship between Miyuki and Kaguya are destined to doom? The social status difference between them is just too large, and Kaguya's father is definitely will not approve this relationship. Unlike other series, her mother doesn't exist to support her relationship with Miyuki. Her father is an asshole so using Kaguya to marry off another strong and reputable family to solidify his empire is pretty much given at this point. Unless Kaguya's father is somehow Miyuki's father best friend, there is no way the relationship can work.
I don't think it's impossible as long as Myuki can work through rank in Kaguya's father conglomerate. Father-san might not be willing give his daughter to random commoner, but if it was his right hand man it would be different matter.
Old 2018-09-22, 11:08   Link #546
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Kaguya just rejected the very foundation of this manga"

The chapter was great but I was a bit disappointed the flashback didn't continue.

Anyway, regarding the current discussion, Kaguya's father being an obstacle to her relationship with Prez could actually end up being a story arc, where Prez would have to prove himself to him. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how it's going to go, even if this development would be a bit too typical.

As for Ishigami, the poor guy is going to get shot down (would be great if the author proved me wrong but I'm not getting my hopes up), but at least he'll get closure.
Old 2018-09-22, 11:14   Link #547
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Yeah people already theories that Kaguya probably going to have arrange married if we go with the hint in the story.

Doubt Miyuki will simply let go Kaguya. He definitely work is ass off to get Kaguya back at any cost. Is hinted in Star grazing chapter.

My speculation is that Miyuki will create his own company and take over Shinomiya company

Quote:
Prez opened up to Kaguya in the Balloon Arts chapter about being pathetic, and how it takes a lot of effort for him to master things that normal people would easily be able to do. To me, a confession would mean that he is willing to show his pathetic side to her, without resorting to the Mama Fujiwara card anymore.
Just because they are dating doesn’t mean Miyuki can simply slaking. In fact he probably paranoid that Kaguya will abandon him if he don’t act cool

Old 2018-09-22, 12:19   Link #548
Wandering Soul

'She just rejected the very foundation of this manga". I guess this is character development.

I wished we continued the flashback, but it was still a pretty good chapter.

I have no doubt that Kaguya's father will be an obstacle down the road that Prez will have to win over. I'm also pretty sure Ishigami will be rejected, but at least he'll have made his feelings known.
Old 2018-09-22, 12:21   Link #549
Lex79

Quote:
It could simply be that he wants Kaguya to enjoy the dance the fullest and so he wants to improve himself. Or, even better: it's Fujiwara that compels him to take lessons from her for the sake of her best friend. I'd love such a twist.

Quote:
That has never been possible for lots of reasons.

And you are all thinking too hard about the different social standing between President and Kaguya. Yeah, there is probably going to be an arranged marriage arc or Kaguya's father vetoing Miyuki as a fiancee, but the series is a romcom so all these problems will be overcome in some ways, either Kaguya will elope with President, or he would force the father to accept him through his achievements.
Old 2018-09-22, 12:44   Link #550
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Isn't Ishigami the son of a rich toy company family? Probably a better marriage candidate in the eyes of Kaguya's father than a poor nobody like Shirogane.
I don't think it's a particularly big toy company, though. It'd be like, from the perspective of a king, a baron's better than a commoner, but still completely unsuitable.
Old 2018-09-22, 12:51   Link #551
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Yeah people already theories that Kaguya probably going to have arrange married if we go with the hint in the story.

Doubt Miyuki will simply let go Kaguya. He definitely work is ass off to get Kaguya back at any cost. Is hinted in Star grazing chapter.

My speculation is that Miyuki will create his own company and take over Shinomiya company
How long would it take to do that? By the time Miyuki manage to take over Shinomiya empire, she would have given birth for the 6th child to her husband.

It seems the elope is the best option at here. Trying to beat her father in his game is almost impossible unless her father turned out to be a comical guy who had a trouble to express himself in front of his own daughter.
Old 2018-09-22, 12:59   Link #552
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think it's a particularly big toy company, though. It'd be like, from the perspective of a king, a baron's better than a commoner, but still completely unsuitable.
Maybe. I thought Ishigami's father might have made a big company because of Ishigami's knowledge of boardgames, saying he got toys and videogames from his father, etc. I just assumed he would dabble in all kinds of toys.
Old 2018-09-22, 13:15   Link #553
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Maybe. I thought Ishigami's father might have made a big company because of Ishigami's knowledge of boardgames, saying he got toys and videogames from his father, etc. I just assumed he would dabble in all kinds of toys.
Yeah, but if it was anything like Shinomiya's level, I don't think he'd be such an easy target for others.
Old 2018-09-22, 14:18   Link #554
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
How long would it take to do that? By the time Miyuki manage to take over Shinomiya empire, she would have given birth for the 6th child to her husband.
Anything is possible this days. It took less than 10 years for Facebook to be one of the richest company in the world.

Also I found Eloped idea is something Miyuki won’t do. He is hard worker that rarely took short cut

Old 2018-09-22, 14:33   Link #555
NeutralZero

A nice ch
Nice for Ishigami
Also it would be nicw if they continue the flash baxk uaing kaguyas pov
As to how she started to like the prez
Old 2018-09-22, 15:12   Link #556
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think after watching these two flirt for over a hundred chapters, it would be the biggest piss take of the century for them not to be together by the end of the story.

I don't doubt that Kaguya's father will be the final boss (he's been a peripheral threat for far too long) but ultimately love will prevail.
Old 2018-09-23, 02:27   Link #557
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seeing how competent and trollish Papa Shirogane...what am I have the feeling that he is rich but decided to troll his children by making them living together in a small and cheap apartment?

Papa Kaguya: There is no way I am going to let my daughter marry a nobody like you.
Miyuki: .....I..I..
Kaguya: Father...please stop.
Papa Shirogane: Yo..Alpha came. Why the hating on my son?
Papa Kaguya: YOU? HE IS YOUR SON?
Papa Shirogane: I thought the look of my eyes gave it away? Are you blind or what?
Papa Kaguya: Miyuki-chan, welcome to the family.
Old 2018-09-23, 02:29   Link #558
Lex79

Uhm, honestly Presidents' dad never gave the impression of being someone who is successful in life, quite the contrary.
Old 2018-09-23, 03:35   Link #559
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Uhm, honestly Presidents' dad never gave the impression of being someone who is successful in life, quite the contrary.
Well, hard to say. I mean I have a friend (not so close) who looks like a loser who doesn't dressed up properly, but it turned out he is a rich mofo who had been feeding his entire family for ages. He had been secretly buying and selling stock and doing investment business behind us all these years until his mother told my mother last a few years ago.

If I am strictly speaking from my experience, Miyuki is the type who will never be rich.
Old 2018-09-23, 03:49   Link #560
Tenzen12

He will became fitlhy rich once he marry Kaguya though...

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life