Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-24, 23:34   Link #21
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
You know now that I think about it the situation with the Aureole and Liber Ark...
Spoiler for Pyscho Pass:
Technically no. The <Shining Loop> is just doing what it's told to do. It does not make any judgement on the wish its granting is good or bad (nor it has the intelligent to). Only the "granting the wish" part is important to it.
So it doesn't really matter that humanity got spoiled and eventually made a lot of wishes that were not good to themselves. A wish must be granted, regardless of its content.

In the end, it is humanity themselves are at fault for becoming corrupted and taking the <Shining Loop> for granted.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 18:35   Link #22
Iron Maw
Banned

BTW, for those who have finished SC and have (or have not) started you really take a look at this:

http://www.esterior.net/2015/12/tran...-star-door-13/
http://www.esterior.net/2015/12/tran...d-star-door-2/

This fansite has been translating some of 3rd, but only things that pertain Cold Steel such as what went down during Bracer Guild assaults in Erebonia and some context for weapon that Kevin used at end of SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Technically no. The <Shining Loop> is just doing what it's told to do. It does not make any judgement on the wish its granting is good or bad (nor it has the intelligent to). Only the "granting the wish" part is important to it.
So it doesn't really matter that humanity got spoiled and eventually made a lot of wishes that were not good to themselves. A wish must be granted, regardless of its content.

In the end, it is humanity themselves are at fault for becoming corrupted and taking the <Shining Loop> for granted.
Oh so it was called the Shining Loop in Japanese version? Here was translated as the "Shining Ring".

As I understand it through, problem wasn't just humans in Liber Ark, but with Aureole itself. More specifically when suddenly gained sentience around the time of the Great Collapse. It was granting wishes unilaterally without understanding why had become problem and what it was doing to the people. And when humans chose to break away from it, started becoming something akin to a tyrant with a single minded obsession to maintain it's dominance. It's definitely good point to note that Celeste doesn't blame Aureole, but Liber Ark was heading into self-destruction and part of that cause was Aureole itself.

I think if Liber Ark had definitely been more moderate with it's use of Aureole things might turned out they did. I also get feeling that Aureole partly the way it is because it is like a child whom doesn't always quite grasp right from wrong. But suppose it wasn't made that way.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 03:55   Link #23
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

That's kind of it though. It wasn't made that way.
It has no other purpose outside "granting wishes". It wasn't built to have any capacity to make judgement on its own.
So to avoid problem with the <Shining Loop>, you either have to 1. do not make wishes at all, or 2. stop it from granting wishes.

But 1. is impossible, as the people of Liber Ark were already taking the <Shining Loop> for granted and pretty much let the loop did their living for them.
And 2., well, you don't have to be loop to be pissed off if someone is out there to steal your meaning of existence.

In the end, it is just another scenario where humanity is destroying themselves when they are handed an overpowered toy that they don't deserve.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-28, 19:56   Link #24
Iron Maw
Banned

Well Aidios certainly thought they deserved it.

Still I feel it more on Aureole and the people Liber Ark not understanding each other than strictly any one side being more at fault. Humans taking it for granted and Aureole itself being unaware of the damage it was causing. Especially when it stared becoming more than just a Wish Machine. You know the old adage "the path to hell is paved with good intentions".
Old 2016-01-18, 10:11   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just started chapter 4 of FC. Hopefully I can finish it this week and start SC. Is this version of SC on the PSP based on those EVO versions they released?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 10:43   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well just finished TiTS FC. Gonna take a break from the LoH series for a bit. Gonna go for SC after I give the Vita version of Escha and Logy a shot.
Old 2016-01-27, 17:11   Link #27
Iron Maw
Banned

Huh. Looks like there is new translation pf Trail in the Sky: The 3rd that went up a while ago. This is probably one of most important ones in game too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translation Tuesday
The video in this week’s Translation Tuesday assumes you have finished SC. Please do not watch if you wish to avoid spoilers for Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. (No, seriously. It shows part of SC’s ending in it!)

This week’s Translation Tuesday is the final door you can unlock in Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, due to its unlock requirement. If you wish to know a little more about the Ouroboros post-Second Chapter, this is your door. Not only do you see the Anguis speaking together, but you do meet all of them, albeit in a ‘voice only’ capacity.

This week is also the first bit of multimedia put together in coordination with Raindrops, who runs the Legend of Heroes Kiseki Translations blog. Many of you have seen and referenced her translations before. As such, I’ve reached out to her to ‘pool our efforts’ so to speak and allow you to see her work brought in line with a video of the scene itself.

This video was littered with technical issues, and has changed how future videos will be done for this. Many thanks to Wyrdwad, XSEED’s own Tom Lipschultz, for the help in getting passed the crazy technical difficulties in getting this video out.

Translation: Raindrops
Editing: omgfloofy / Gu4n
Capture / Timing: omgfloofy
Proofing: Yotaka, Firehawke, Asmaria
Special Thanks go to Mr. Wyrdwad himself.
http://www.esterior.net/2016/01/tran...-star-door-14/

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-01-27, 17:26   Link #28
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

wut, 3rd has fantranslation?
Old 2016-01-27, 17:29   Link #29
Iron Maw
Banned

Yes, but partial and outside the game itself like the video I just posted.

These are the other two videos that Endless History has put up:

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2016-01-27, 21:42   Link #30
rladls2121

Wow, the way Erebonia's military treats Caissius during that incindent.
It feels really heavy, I hope there will be more Bracer Guild branch in Erebonia in the future.
Compared to Liberl and Crossbell, Bracer Guild in Erebonia is nearly nonexistant.
Bracers are one of the closest armed forces that provides community than any other armed organizations.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 14:36   Link #31
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

holy shit those 3rd videos, lore everywhere.
Old 2016-01-29, 06:00   Link #32
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just bought TiTS SC... and downloaded 2 discs. How... exactly does that work on the Vita?
Old 2016-01-29, 06:18   Link #33
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Probably as two separate bubbles?
Old 2016-01-30, 15:08   Link #34
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Wow, the way Erebonia's military treats Caissius during that incindent.
It feels really heavy, I hope there will be more Bracer Guild branch in Erebonia in the future.
Compared to Liberl and Crossbell, Bracer Guild in Erebonia is nearly nonexistant.
Bracers are one of the closest armed forces that provides community than any other armed organizations.
To be Cassius was one of the major factors that lead to Erebonia's defeat in the Hundred Days War which just little over 10 years ago. So it does stand the reason they would a little apprehensive him. But yeah he was there ultimately as a fellow Bracer.

Moreover, I was wondering why most of the Bracer Guild in Erebonia remained inactive in ToCS after terrorist attacks on them (hell the burned buildings were even rebuilt!) and I think Ch 4 finally gave me the last piece of the puzzle there. That combined with every we (the players know) about Osborne through TiTS and ToCS. At the very least we that was a deliberate action on Osborne to weaker the Guild's influence throughout the country as whole, I'm just not sure
Spoiler for TiTS & ToCS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
holy shit those 3rd videos, lore everywhere.
Yeah, the 3rd cans sort of be described, Lore: the Game. Of course it still deals backstories and development of several and has it's own plot to tell. But main place in the series at large is to serves as bridge game, in otherwords a epilogue to Liberl and a prologue to Erebonia and the Crossbell games.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-02 at 17:20.
Old 2016-02-01, 03:49   Link #35
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

You'll have a few more answers in chapter 5!
Old 2016-02-01, 05:43   Link #36
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Currently in the middle of chapter 1. I'm just hoping I don't have to watch Estelle cycle between her typical tomboy self and being an emotional wreck the rest of the game.
Old 2016-03-11, 00:32   Link #37
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
So a priest and a nun walk into a game...
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/statu...10200037769216

OMG!

THE 3rd CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET HYPED EVERYONE!!!
Old 2016-03-11, 15:51   Link #38
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

What a fantastic day this has been

Trails in the Sky the 3rd, releasing for PC in 2017!

Old 2016-03-11, 22:04   Link #39
Iron Maw
Banned

Excellent news!

This sucks for PSP/VITA owners like myself though.

I suppose it's time for me get on stream...

EDIT: here are two Japanese promo trailers for the game, thanks to some posters on NeoGAF:
YouTube
YouTube

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-03-11 at 22:42.
Old 2016-03-12, 17:17   Link #40
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Excellent news!

This sucks for PSP/VITA owners like myself though.

I suppose it's time for me get on stream...
For sure it stinks that the PSP/V folks can't stay on the platform for it. Sounds like they tried, though. I assume that there's no save game carry over to 3, since it isn't as much of a direct continuation of the same story, even if many of the characters are the same?

If there is a carry-over and folks need to get the previous games, it's a good time to do so. Trails 1 & 2 are on Steam sale currently.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
falcom, pc stream, psp, traditonal rpg, trails series, xseed