AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-22, 02:50   Link #61
guess

Is funimation going to keep buying new ep and release them since the rating on TV isn't good?

Why isn't the rating good?
I am asking this and I am also one of the people who don't watch case clsoed. I have to say the cases are too simplified and loop holes are everywhere. That means it is not serious enough to be treated as a good detective shows. But it is not light-hearted enough to be a kid's show. Combined the two, it has nowhere to stand, hence no audience.

I would like to know general audience's opinions.
Old 2006-03-22, 06:28   Link #62
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Conan Manga > Case Close

i'm sorry but the character designer of Conan anime should be shot T_T, really [beep] up and an insult to the illustrator/creator of the Conan manga!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 11:22   Link #63
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Is funimation going to keep buying new ep and release them since the rating on TV isn't good?

Why isn't the rating good?
Funimation used the TV to try and boost the sales. They are going to keep releasing Conan as long as there is more Conan in Japan to release. The ratings didn't suck entirely but there were lackluster. Funimation was happy with them but cartoon network wasn't. Nobody knows why the ratings were so poor but most of the theories involve poor time slotting
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 17:39   Link #64
Jordus

Detective Conan(Case Closed)

In the american version they call Kudo shinichi, jimmy kudo. Is the name changed in the subtitles and japanese part of the dvd too? If so, I couldn't stand to purchase a dvd with such a name change. Help please?
Old 2006-12-01, 04:05   Link #65
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
In the american version they call Kudo shinichi, jimmy kudo. Is the name changed in the subtitles and japanese part of the dvd too? If so, I couldn't stand to purchase a dvd with such a name change. Help please?
Somebody help this man! He is in desperate straits!
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 09:43   Link #66
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Gosh, I didn't realize it was so important. I'll check my son's when I get home tonight.
Old 2006-12-02, 12:04   Link #67
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
Well, first of all, it's not changed in the Japanese language section (I don't even see how they could have managed that). Secondly, it's not changed in the subtitles either. I can only look at the newer versions they're putting out (because I don't have the older ones), but as long as you're getting the newer releases, you should be fine.
Old 2006-12-02, 21:58   Link #68
Jordus

thnx. I shall begin my purchase of these dvd sets immediately.
Old 2006-12-02, 22:42   Link #69
Jordus

Does anybody know if they will be releasing boxsets of conan? so far all I see are separate volumes.
Old 2006-12-02, 23:23   Link #70
rooboy
Umeboshi!

They might, but it would be a ways in the future - they've just started to re-release the single volumes.

Originally the single volumes were released and had three episodes on each disc, now they have somewhere between six and nine episodes per volume. Since they've only made it as far as releasing the first part of season 2 in this different format, there's probably a while until they would start releasing a boxed set. Funi is only just starting to release things like Galaxy Railways and Spiral in boxed set form.
Old 2007-04-13, 09:00   Link #71
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Detective Conan need help

I want to watch an episode where ai and conan went to the golden beach together, or something like that. Please reply ASAP.
Old 2007-04-14, 01:03   Link #72
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
well anybody
Old 2007-05-19, 19:52   Link #73
gencbiba

Spoiler:

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 16:54   Link #74
soka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
soka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 21:41   Link #75
Humgachan

Detective Conan - Grab or drop?

Finally got my hands on the entire series up to the recent episodes from a friend of mine. Was hesitant to pick this one up back then since I heard the character/plot development were a minimum and how they let a child run around in crime scenes is kinda.......irrational, meh . Just wanna make sure if this title is really a "drag along" kind seeing how it's still ongoing with 500ish episodes. Thanks
Humgachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 01:40   Link #76
Ermes Marana

Detective Conan is one of my favorite shows, but I don't recommend you watch it straight through.

Go to this link: http://www.dctp.ws/actual.html

This list will tell you which episodes are based on the manga. The rest you don't need to watch unless you have seen all the manga ones and want more.

It will also tell you which episodes are important to the main plot, and which are important for continuity/background/romance.

Use your own judgement to watch episodes from this list. The main storyline is really good in DC but most people give up before the best parts.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 19:14   Link #77
Hakuoro917
Obsessed Anime Syndrome
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Hakuoro917
Really, but isn't most of the episodes basically Fillers?
Hakuoro917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 16:13   Link #78
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Funimation used the TV to try and boost the sales. They are going to keep releasing Conan as long as there is more Conan in Japan to release. The ratings didn't suck entirely but there were lackluster. Funimation was happy with them but cartoon network wasn't. Nobody knows why the ratings were so poor but most of the theories involve poor time slotting
I hate to answer a post from 2 years ago, but I suspect the show simply fell through the cracks. It's too childish for Adult Swim, but too bloody to be anywhere else...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:20   Link #79
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

They're afraid Conan O Brien is gonna sue... LOL!

I believe it's FUNIMATION's decision to change the names.

Especially, VIZ even changed Gin and Vodka's codenames into "Kasper" and "Melkior" : now it's not only a matter of sounds or respect, it has changed a bit of plot ! Mafia's codenames are supposed to be derived from alcohol brand names, and Conan can tell whether a character is "one of them" based solely on his codename. By changing their names to the MEANINGLESS "Kasper" and "Melkior" and the likes, VIZ and Funimation has posed a problem to Conan's deduction! and no excuse can be made to amend the plot UNLESS Viz and Funimation are willing to switch it to the original.

Some of other major plot points were altered because of such a change, too, but I don't have time to list every single one of them out. If a reader happens to possess a properly translated version in his hand, he'll figure it out right away.

The foremost annoyance is the switching of the series title from DETECTIVE CONAN to "Case Closed". What's wrong with "Detective Conan" ?!! If I go to France or Japan talking about "Detective Conan" or Shinichi Kudo, people know what I'm talking about; if I go there speaking of "Case Closed" or Jimmy, I'll have to spend time explaining. I believe that it is necessary to maintain the original characters' names.

First, the fact that many things were mistranslated and never corrected is upsetting to readers. Second, they are still unwilling to fix. These are things that deter fans from supporting the series [ that's true, I would have bought DC if they HADN'T done such things ]. This, combined with the numerous errors in translation, word choice and layout give the impression of a complete disregard for quality on the part of Funimation.

Obviously, they know that their main consumers are going be manga/anime fans. And if you're a manga/anime fan, you probably have some interest in (or at least no aversion to) Japanese conventions and culture. They would want something in English that reflects as closely as possible the original content. The argument probably will be made that the changes were made to attract a wider audience. If they had been more faithful to the original, I don't think I would have been anyless prone to watch and been like "What!? This about Japanese people?!?! What the hell do I care about Japanese people? Where are the Americans!" And it's not like it's hard to figure out it's from Japan. In fact, if this was the intention of the changes, the first name you should have changed was Conan Edogawa. Americans aren't nearly as xenophobic as we sometimes are made/make ourselves out to be. Say, what if Mark Twain named one of his
characters "Chmielewskovar "Wojciechowski" ? Would the publishers blatantly change it to "Charles" or Williams" and bear a loss of value ?
Old 2008-09-28, 16:02   Link #80
Romeo's blue skies
Away in The sky

it is amazing

Watch it,, Conan is my seconf favourite one
but till now, I didn't watch the End

who knows or have it?
Romeo's blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shonen