AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Mikoto's Past Arc Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2021-03-03, 01:19   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Railgun Manga - Mikoto's Past Arc Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Railgun Manga, Mikoto's Past Arc.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Mikoto's Past Arc) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 20:02   Link #2
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I might as well start off the discussion here. After the disaster which was the Jailbreaker Arc, I wasn't particularly keen to learn about Misaka's first year at Tokiwadai.

But hot damn; this is easily the strongest start to a new Railgun Arc since Daihaseisai when Shokuhou Misaki was first introduced. Its been over 5 years since I was last excited about the Railgun manga.

Now I'm crossing my fingers for the eventual past arc for Kamijou Touma. Slight glimpses we've seen of that in the year before Index begins were interesting enough (Biohacker and NT11) but the stuff even earlier is probably where the juicy details are.
Old 2021-03-07, 02:09   Link #3
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Yeah, you're not the only one. I am also incredibly excited for this arc and I think the flashback at the end of last arc by Mikoto is directly related to this and think this could tie into how she was feeling back there which makes me very curious about many things. All in all this is pretty hype. Really good execution and very promising idea, wanted to see this stuff for so long. Easily has the potential to be one of the if not the best arc yet in Raiglun.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 19:47   Link #4
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

The mystery of Mikoto dressing somewhat gyaru has finally been solved!

Going to be kind of sad to not see Saten and Uiharu for the next 4 years or so but its my understanding they've wanted to do Misaka's backstory for like a decade now. This should be interesting.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 09:07   Link #5
Twi

My problem is that we got a shower scene during an exposition dump right after she mentions being her first year in Middle School.

Everything else was fine. But I have to ask... why?
Old 2021-03-15, 13:40   Link #6
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
But hot damn; this is easily the strongest start to a new Railgun Arc since Daihaseisai when Shokuhou Misaki was first introduced. Its been over 5 years since I was last excited about the Railgun manga.
Yeah, this is a really great start to an arc, the best in a long while. I'm hoping we'll also get some info like how Misaki ended up meeting Aleister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
My problem is that we got a shower scene during an exposition dump right after she mentions being her first year in Middle School.

That's Railgun for you.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 20:41   Link #7
Twi

Eghh... I can't say I'm happy that can actually pass as a legit excuse.
Old 2021-03-20, 22:20   Link #8
alex_drian

Quote:

Is there really a problem? Aside of the normal-looking senpai there is only Mikoto flat ass. That's practically the same as a boy in a shower.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-22, 16:44   Link #9
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Is there really a problem? Aside of the normal-looking senpai there is only Mikoto flat ass. That's practically the same as a boy in a shower.
That's not better. The question isn't why it's a boy or girl, it's why is there a shower scene for a 7th grader in general.
Old 2021-03-22, 21:42   Link #10
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I'm surprised such an arc took this long to appear actually
Old 2021-03-22, 23:25   Link #11
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
That's not better. The question isn't why it's a boy or girl, it's why is there a shower scene for a 7th grader in general.
True that. I can't believe that was even suggested as a possible defense.

The weakest aspect of the Toaru Series has always been its egregious fanservice with characters who are less than 15 years old but at least Kamachi became smarter/tamer with its use during the second half of the Old Testament onwards. Now its just relegated to sometimes raunchy dialogue.

But the shower scene in the latest chapter is proof that Railgun has its faults and is arguably even worse with fanservice (flashbacks to Season 1 anime).
Old 2021-03-28, 18:03   Link #12
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

So we see the birth of the Railgun this chapter, which was very nice.

They're also probably going to retcon why Kuruko got rid of Mikoto's old roommate, which is also very nice. That was creepy even for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'm surprised such an arc took this long to appear actually
They've wanted to do this for years, but this was apparently the only time they'll have for it post WW3

Old 2021-03-28, 18:59   Link #13
Twi

I thought Kuroko got rid of them because it would draw her into the politics of the place, but I can't remember where I read or saw that.
Old 2021-03-29, 10:59   Link #14
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I thought Kuroko got rid of them because it would draw her into the politics of the place, but I can't remember where I read or saw that.
In OT3, Kuroko told Touma that she got rid of Mikoto's old roommate because she was a traitor. I had honestly totally forgotten about this until I checked it out today, because all I could remember was the part from Railgun.

Last edited by Endscape; 2021-03-29 at 11:09.
Old 2021-03-30, 10:09   Link #15
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
In OT3, Kuroko told Touma that she got rid of Mikoto's old roommate because she was a traitor. I had honestly totally forgotten about this until I checked it out today, because all I could remember was the part from Railgun.
That was around the Sisters Arc, so it sounds about right. I think that was probably the most tame Kuroko had been around Touma which added gravity to the situation.
Old 2021-04-28, 08:47   Link #16
Sixth
Hu Tao

New chapter 132 is out.

Ruri-senpai "corrupting" Misaka , and she is going to die in the end of the arc I guess?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-07, 20:41   Link #17
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
New chapter 132 is out.

Ruri-senpai "corrupting" Misaka , and she is going to die in the end of the arc I guess?
Will the manga team even allow that?
Old 2021-05-08, 08:11   Link #18
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Will the manga team even allow that?
She feels like a mentor of SJ manga where they need die so the MC can shine or grow up.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 11:35   Link #19
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

She'll probably end up going to a normal high school and pass on the baton to Misaka.

Old 2021-07-27, 14:46   Link #20
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

New chapter is out. Tokiwadai Clique War is coming up. This looks like it has Misaki's fingerprint's all over it.