AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 04:23   Link #521
Kitsoru
:3c

So, for the record- I just went back and reread the Chapter 1 translation and Quatre and Trowa are each referred to with the codenames Snow White/Professor W and The Warlock/Wizard/Dokter T respectively. Mobile suits, if any, haven't yet been mentioned after all.

(Though, Duo Jr's line here:

"Hey, you old fart," the boy called Duo butted in. "I couldn't give two hoots about that, tell me where my partner is."

Makes me think he's referring to a mobile suit. Can't say for sure yet though.)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 12:41   Link #522
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
So, for the record- I just went back and reread the Chapter 1 translation and Quatre and Trowa are each referred to with the codenames Snow White/Professor W and The Warlock/Wizard/Dokter T respectively. Mobile suits, if any, haven't yet been mentioned after all.

(Though, Duo Jr's line here:

"Hey, you old fart," the boy called Duo butted in. "I couldn't give two hoots about that, tell me where my partner is."

Makes me think he's referring to a mobile suit. Can't say for sure yet though.)
I hope he is referring to a MS; I'm really interested to see what they look like.
Old 2010-11-05, 02:22   Link #523
wingzerosnuggles

Chapter 3 summary is out: http://corpus-yaoi.livejournal.com/28530.html

Yep, always suspected that guy was Heero's bio-dad.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 12:35   Link #524
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Chapter 3 summary is out: http://corpus-yaoi.livejournal.com/28530.html

Yep, always suspected that guy was Heero's bio-dad.
Interesting, predictable and just awful all at the same time.

Spoiler for question:
Old 2010-11-05, 12:45   Link #525
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Mobile suits, if any, haven't yet been mentioned after all.
I beg to differ. Let's take a look at that passage again.

Spoiler for to save space:

Kathy and Duo are both referring to Duo Jr. as a 'pilot'. Sure, it doesn't say MS pilot anywhere, but it suggests itself.
My guess would be that there are supposed to be two suits which will be piloted by Heero and Duo Jr., possibly built by Doktor T and Professor W. Although I could be wrong, of course. But wouldn't that be fun? With Heero's mission, it could be episode 2 all over again.

LOL at the summary of chapter 3. For some reason I had expected something more... noble for Heero's background.

By the way, I was just poking fun at the Special's ages. It isn't consistent with the (animated) series anyway. If Zechs and Noin had been pilots since they were ten, they wouldn't have been so surprised to discover their opponents were 'boys'. Personally, I've come to disregard ages in FT.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2010-11-05 at 14:55. Reason: grammar
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 15:13   Link #526
Kitsoru

LMAO this novel.

Just.

This novel.

/headdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
My guess would be that there are supposed to be two suits which will be piloted by Heero and Duo Jr., possibly built by Doktor T and Professor W.
Right, that's what I was saying I was thinking the case is. Just that those codenames were referring to Trowa and Quatre, not the suits themselves, as previously thought.

EDIT: Er, and that they might not necessarily be Gundams. They could be normal MS for all we know (but they're probably not, I mean c'mon).

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-11-05 at 17:24.
Old 2010-11-05, 23:08   Link #527
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

If they are getting new Mobile Suits, be them Gundams or not. I wonder if they are going to be similar to Deathscythe and Wing Gundam/ Wing Zero.

I am also curious to see if Duo Jr is going to be similar to his father in fighting style and outlook ( God of Death 2.0) or if he will come into his own. So far he does come off as a little abrasive, more similar to Wu Fei in that sense then his old man.
Obsidiandagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 11:37   Link #528
wingzerosnuggles

Any idea if Seis and Aoi are also Trant Clark's parents? If so, Trant may have been Heero's half-brother.
Old 2010-11-06, 15:40   Link #529
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Any idea if Seis and Aoi are also Trant Clark's parents? If so, Trant may have been Heero's half-brother.
Already replied to this in corpus-yaoi's post but...

I can't see how that's possible. Trant was obviously far older than the Gundam pilots when shown, and he had to have been born after Heero (since Aoi was with Odin and then got together with Seis afterwards as I understand it? Unless it was an affair in the middle of her marriage, but...I dunno, there would be a mention of another kid if there was one, I'd think.), so he couldn't be a younger half-brother.

I think it's highly likely he was related to Seis (brother or nephew or somesuch maybe), but I'm doubting he's related to Heero by blood.
Old 2010-11-06, 16:58   Link #530
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Excerpt from chapter 2, part 1.
Quote:
Seis youngest brother Trant had [a] unique attachment, a tenacity, for the "ZERO" system on board the Wing 0 gundam in AC 195.
So yeah, if anything he's Heero's step uncle. Which surprises me since I never thought the Clark family to be important. Weridge? Yes. Clark? No.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 18:48   Link #531
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Excerpt from chapter 2, part 1.

So yeah, if anything he's Heero's step uncle. Which surprises me since I never thought the Clark family to be important. Weridge? Yes. Clark? No.
Ah, missed that. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah.. well, that's the thing. It seems like Sumisawa's going out of his way to connect EVERYONE to EVERYTHING. Next thing you know a random background character like one of Relena's maids is gonna be someone's mom. /eyeroll
Old 2010-11-07, 09:11   Link #532
wingzerosnuggles

Chapter 2, Part 2 is up. Just scroll down:

https://sites.google.com/site/corpus...f-redemption-2
Old 2010-11-07, 13:44   Link #533
Kitsoru

Quote:
His was an extremely cold voice.
The impression I got from this line: Sooomeone's been messin' with Heero's head... (He's always been brusque and unsociable but he's NOT cold and emotionless. Not the Heero we know, anyway.)

Quote:
...would seem to imply that AC ended pretty damn quick after the original run of GW. Also: AC is definitely after the Common Era and we were almost 200 years into AC history at the start of GW. At the start of Frozen Teardrop, we're in MC-022.
So... 20-30 years? Hmm.
Old 2010-11-07, 16:47   Link #534
Elo the Blue

Part 2 was decent.

Quote:
Take action as you deem appropriate.
For future soldiers.
I'm pretty sure that second line translates to what Walker's principle he got from Zechs(who, apparently got it Treize): Fight for the soldiers of tomorrow

The history of the Peacemillion was pretty cool.
Old 2010-11-09, 21:23   Link #535
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Any word yet on the Winner Family?
I have a feeling Qautre is going to be related to someone in Romefeller or the sort through his mom. Due to the fact she died giving birth to him she wasn't featured in any works and only mentioned thus far, it would make sense for her to be the link that connects Qautre to any of the other characters. I would have assumed that Mrs. Winner would be some how connected to the first Heero but that might be a stretch.

Maybe a connection to the Barton family, I mean Qautre's father new about Operation Meteor to an extent and forbade him to leave, so that might be a potential link.
I realize I am just grasping at straws here but since we are getting more info on Treize and Heero's it seems like everyone else is somehow getting connected to it one way or another.
Obsidiandagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 23:21   Link #536
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiandagger View Post
Any word yet on the Winner Family?
I have a feeling Qautre is going to be related to someone in Romefeller or the sort through his mom. Due to the fact she died giving birth to him she wasn't featured in any works and only mentioned thus far, it would make sense for her to be the link that connects Qautre to any of the other characters. I would have assumed that Mrs. Winner would be some how connected to the first Heero but that might be a stretch.
Lol, if Quatre and Dorothy are related, I will freak out. xD I love me some crack!ship. Then again, with Dorothy wanting to marry Treize and whatnot plus all this weird incest with Angelina, I wouldn't put it past Sumisawa. Also, it would be an interesting kink...
Old 2010-11-12, 11:17   Link #537
Washu-Chan