Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-24, 09:44   Link #36481
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Surtr raid was bugged too, at least for me. It may have appeared when I was sleeping, but it didn't when I finished the preceding quest.
It was working for most of NA, it just....didn't last long.

I got like 12 runs in before it died
Old 2023-12-24, 17:55   Link #36482
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It was working for most of NA, it just....didn't last long.
Looks like I'm also going to miss raid 3. I did all the quests, but all it says is "No quests".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-24, 18:03   Link #36483
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Looks like I'm also going to miss raid 3. I did all the quests, but all it says is "No quests".
It's a bit idiotic, they unlock the next story section at 14 PST but the raids only unlock at 20 PST. So at 5 in the morning here.

Kinda wish they messed up all the raids since I can't take part in any of them (except the last one lasting several days), at least I get a compensation this way... whatever it's going to be.
Old 2023-12-24, 18:57   Link #36484
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So that's how it is? Well, that's annoying.
Old 2023-12-25, 06:32   Link #36485
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So... SInce we know that Koyans is a meteor, but still looks like Tamamo...

Could they have changed her to be not a normal meteor, but rather a large junk of stellar debris?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 02:22   Link #36486
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Somehow, Morgan seems to be the better beast killer over Melusine.
While it is true that Melusine will do more damage against Koyans in particular, she also refuses to eat up her Loskin veggies... Meanwhile, Morgan is just devastates everything on the field. Especially bad if you forget to tap the beast as target...

Edit: Also:
Rin Tohsaka: "Gandr is a weak curse"
Beast IV: ...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2023-12-26, 09:18   Link #36487
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Somehow, Morgan seems to be the better beast killer over Melusine.
While it is true that Melusine will do more damage against Koyans in particular, she also refuses to eat up her Loskin veggies... Meanwhile, Morgan is just devastates everything on the field. Especially bad if you forget to tap the beast as target...

Edit: Also:
Rin Tohsaka: "Gandr is a weak curse"
Beast IV: ...
I tried both.

Morgan lvl 100 NP5 = 4 turns
Melusine lvl 100 NP3 = 2 turns (which is actually a bad thing, I have to intentionally gimp her to get max drops)

I'm using the 5* Tamamo CE which increases damage by 80%, might be the reason your Melusine is struggling to kill the flunkies. You could try Black Grail if you have it.
Old 2023-12-26, 10:27   Link #36488
grecefar

sooo the SQ have been coming in lately and I decided to roll for melusine, 4 rolls and got it. I was worried since I got percival and I thought that was it lol.

it is bad taste that I just wait for the raid to end and I don't help at all?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 12:00   Link #36489
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If nothing else this event has been great for getting a bunch of bond quartz and levels. Think I got OG Tamamo 2 (7 and 8), Vitch (8), Oberon (7), etc. Material and QP gain isn't bad either.

Eventually will just be farming this one off natural AP with all the apples sent to the void.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I tried both.

Melusine lvl 100 NP3 = 2 turns (which is actually a bad thing, I have to intentionally gimp her to get max drops)

I'm using the 5* Tamamo CE which increases damage by 80%, might be the reason your Melusine is struggling to kill the flunkies. You could try Black Grail if you have it.
The funny thing with Melusine is that she's at times too strong (as expected ) and I also needed to tweak my approach to not finish off the Beast too fast! Definitely needed to avoid any crits from Melusine. Been fun seeing what I can get away with for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
sooo the SQ have been coming in lately and I decided to roll for melusine, 4 rolls and got it. I was worried since I got percival and I thought that was it lol.

it is bad taste that I just wait for the raid to end and I don't help at all?
Congrats.

I think it's fine. As we sadly are aware...they've got kill bots to finish off any raids so it's not like participation is a big deal. Best to do as much or little as you want and enjoy the holidays.
Old 2023-12-26, 12:26   Link #36490
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I tried both.

Mine was Lv 2 Morgan and Lv 1 Melusine, depending on how she hits it's 3 or 4 turns and 6 for Morgan, while the latter gets all the drops. I'm using that CE too btw
Melusine certainly kills it faster, but she might cause Koyans to get down if something hits her too hard.

I also don't lv 100...

If you are just after the fast kill though, Beni Enma with Castoria could potentially be faster due to all the extra buff she gets .

E: Just managed to two turn her with melusine too, was luck though, as I had two brave chains with a buster card in it. Another thing btw: Melusine has advantage, Morgan attacks at neutral, which is probably why it takes longer with her.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2023-12-26 at 15:14.
Old 2023-12-26, 17:59   Link #36491
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
E: Just managed to two turn her with melusine too, was luck though, as I had two brave chains with a buster card in it. Another thing btw: Melusine has advantage, Morgan attacks at neutral, which is probably why it takes longer with her.
Melusine has class advantage + event buff + buffs from Taigong/Orochi. Morgan can't really compete here.

I'm at 111 kills, I'll stop at 115 and do more with natural AP if Koyan's still alive tomorrow. Got Castoria to bond 11 thanks to this and I won't have to worry about QPs for quite some time (I'm nearing 800k).
Old 2023-12-26, 18:49   Link #36492
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Congrats.

I think it's fine. As we sadly are aware...they've got kill bots to finish off any raids so it's not like participation is a big deal. Best to do as much or little as you want and enjoy the holidays.
thanks!

I see, I manage to catch one of the raids but I felt lazy, normally I would woke up and the raid was over.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 10:17   Link #36493
Homura7

The raid is turning a gold mine to me. I don't remember farming that much, let alone leveling up that much bond to the point I ran out of apples, and I had over one hundred. In just a few hours got many of my servants bond to 1-2 levels, obtained a ton of materials and millions of QP, and added a total 77 saint quartz.

And all it takes is Melusine or Barghest to 2 turn each round. By far the most I farmed since I started my account.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 22:01   Link #36494
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Having trouble with Koyans last bar.
Melusine does almost Zero damage there, and Herc somehow dies from attacking, interrupting his Brave chains...

Old 2023-12-28, 01:01   Link #36495
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
The raid is turning a gold mine to me. I don't remember farming that much, let alone leveling up that much bond to the point I ran out of apples, and I had over one hundred. In just a few hours got many of my servants bond to 1-2 levels, obtained a ton of materials and millions of QP, and added a total 77 saint quartz.

And all it takes is Melusine or Barghest to 2 turn each round. By far the most I farmed since I started my account.
For sure. This raid was a great source of QP, bond, and mats. I wish I had even more apples to burn on it honestly. Went from almost broke to about 700 million QP, got Melusine a huge step closer to Bond 11, and got a few levels for a bunch of servants I was using. It was great when it was working.

Quote:
Melusine does almost Zero damage there, and Herc somehow dies from attacking, interrupting his Brave chains...
That last bar is definitely trouble. Maybe you already worked through it. For most of the raid the beasts she summons aren't a big deal. But the last two...are a huge deal! Yeah, one is giving her almost maxed out damage resistance so you can't scratch her.

The other is set to kill anyone that attacks anything besides itself. So everything slows down at that last bar. Have to kill the ruler first, then kill the other add-on to free up Koyan to get finished off. In theory I suppose enough damage can still do it even if you ignore that guy, but it'd be easier.
Old 2023-12-28, 11:33   Link #36496
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You're supposed to kill the Ruler first (it's what kills people attacking the other two). And the Archer has a defensive buff, but I didn't bother with it.
Old 2023-12-28, 12:46   Link #36497
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maybe it's because I was spoiled Koyanskaya's real origin months ago and had time to come to terms with it, but I didn't hate this event as much as others did. I thought it was okay for the most part, though there wasn't much going on because of the heavily reduced cast.

Spoiler for Ending:

On a completely unrelated note, I'm in need of advice for the GSSR. I'm hesitating between Buster Knights and Quick Extra. Since I now have Skadi and am planning on getting her Summer version, I'm thinking it would be good to expand my Quick roster which I've very much neglected so I'm leaning toward the latter. Are there any servants that pair up particularly well with the Skadis? Can Summer Skadi herself work as DPS?
Old 2023-12-29, 00:45   Link #36498
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Maybe it's because I was spoiled Koyanskaya's real origin months ago and had time to come to terms with it, but I didn't hate this event as much as others did. I thought it was okay for the most part, though there wasn't much going on because of the heavily reduced cast.

Spoiler for Ending:

On a completely unrelated note, I'm in need of advice for the GSSR. I'm hesitating between Buster Knights and Quick Extra. Since I now have Skadi and am planning on getting her Summer version, I'm thinking it would be good to expand my Quick roster which I've very much neglected so I'm leaning toward the latter. Are there any servants that pair up particularly well with the Skadis? Can Summer Skadi herself work as DPS?
Koyans isn't any more evil than Tiamat. It just appears that way because Koyans appeared more often than in just one singularity.

Old 2023-12-29, 07:17   Link #36499
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Koyans isn't any more evil than Tiamat. It just appears that way because Koyans appeared more often than in just one singularity.
She's been needlessly cruel more than once, and was responsible for the fall of Chaldea.
Old 2023-12-29, 12:01   Link #36500
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Tiamat at least had a legitimate grudge over being betrayed, and she got destroyed for her actions even if only temporarily. Koyan is basically just pissed humanity didn't feel bad about a natural disaster and was as purposefully malicious about it as possible, only to get away basically for free.

That said I kinda expect the AG to do something to her egg eventually so we'll see how long it holds.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon