AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-08, 20:09   Link #141
grecefar

While it was obvious that sahara would win her match, shushu did a pretty good job against her. Too bad we didn't get tenka vs kyouka.

I can't get use to tenka's hair, it's horrible. Like a bird just shat in her head and she left it there.
>︿<
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 01:31   Link #142
Alchemist007
*Author

Not sure if there's a way to win against her without outright killing her.
Old 2024-02-09, 05:21   Link #143
Huh...?

Every Peach Ability has some weakness, and the common one is how taxing it is on the user.

Like both Shushu and Yachiho become fatigued the more they use their abilities.
Sahara suffer from the backlash of becoming useless after the allotted time period is up (since she is forced into sleep mode, which while doesn't affect her, is dangerous during a battle).

For now, it seems only Himari and Kyouka have the least side-effect (the reward part of Kyouka's ability is feelings and subconscious related, so there can easily be some time delay when there is emergency situation).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 11:34   Link #144
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Not sure if there's a way to win against her without outright killing her.
Wait out the time limit. She's still running on the same time she designated before, so once that runs out she'll lose her power.
Old 2024-02-10, 18:38   Link #145
ryllharu

Half of the fanbase relentlessly fawns over Tenka, and while she's very cool, Kyouka training herself to such a degree that she can defeat Shuuki with her own physical abilities and sword techniques alone is the most impressive to me.

She doesn't depend on her power, she actually earned her rank the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
For now, it seems only Himari and Kyouka have the least side-effect (the reward part of Kyouka's ability is feelings and subconscious related, so there can easily be some time delay when there is emergency situation).
Himari's has some substantial limitations. She can only set one ability at a time, which weirdly has to be done on her smartphone. She can't switch them that quickly, and in typical Copying Ability trope form, they are always degraded versions of the original with varying severity depending on a seemingly random "compatibility" with the original user. Shushu's ability is one like that and it is effectively useless for Himari.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 19:29   Link #146
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Half of the fanbase relentlessly fawns over Tenka, and while she's very cool, Kyouka training herself to such a degree that she can defeat Shuuki with her own physical abilities and sword techniques alone is the most impressive to me.
I found it more retarded than impressive. The girl explained conventional weaponry is completely useless and shuuki can only be killed by Peach abilities or weapons imbued with them. Yet Kyouka can kill them just by swinging or kicking hard. I mean, really? If anything, that makes shuuki seem like not that big a deal if a human's (with barely any muscles) brute strength can kill them.
Old 2024-02-10, 21:03   Link #147
Rasty

Quote:
Himari's has some substantial limitations. She can only set one ability at a time, which weirdly has to be done on her smartphone. She can't switch them that quickly, and in typical Copying Ability trope form, they are always degraded versions of the original with varying severity depending on a seemingly random "compatibility" with the original user. Shushu's ability is one like that and it is effectively useless for Himari.
Not to forget that she also then suffers from whatever limitation the copied ability has and can't switch them until she deals with the backlash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I found it more retarded than impressive. The girl explained conventional weaponry is completely useless and shuuki can only be killed by Peach abilities or weapons imbued with them. Yet Kyouka can kill them just by swinging or kicking hard. I mean, really? If anything, that makes shuuki seem like not that big a deal if a human's (with barely any muscles) brute strength can kill them.
I have read enough CN novels to expect Kyouka to either have developed some kind of "sword ki" or channeling the "peach power" into her sword.

Btw, was it mentioned what's the deal with Yachiho's gun? It definitely doesn't have anything to do with her peach ability (stopping time), so shouldn't work on Shuuki too.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 01:07   Link #148
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Btw, was it mentioned what's the deal with Yachiho's gun? It definitely doesn't have anything to do with her peach ability (stopping time), so shouldn't work on Shuuki too.
Likely implied to be a standard issue peach-imbued weapon.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 02:18   Link #149
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for spoiler, maybe?:

Edit: wait this is the anime thread

It's not really a spoiler but I'll put it in there just in case
Old 2024-02-11, 10:12   Link #150
Frontier

I definitely think something is up with Kyouka. I know the other girls have anime hair other than the blondes' but something about Kyouka makes her come off more inhuman.
Old 2024-02-11, 11:58   Link #151
Tenzen12

Quote:

She doesn't depend on her power, she actually earned her rank the hard way.
So you say, but it took Yuuki to be even fight Elite non-humanois Shuki. Compared to other captain we know (deservedly fawned Tenka), who just causally massacre double of what Kyouka fought in episode 1 without even breaking sweat and in barely any time. One have to wonder what are standard for officer in Peach corps.

Edit: My point is, her position as captain is probably more related to he leadership skills than combat ability.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2024-02-11 at 12:40.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 12:59   Link #152
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So you say, but it took Yuuki to be even fight Elite non-humanois Shuki. Compared to other captain we know (deservedly fawned Tenka), who just causally massacre double of what Kyouka fought in episode 1 without even breaking sweat and in barely any time. One have to wonder what are standard for officer in Peach corps.

Edit: My point is, her position as captain is probably more related to he leadership skills than combat ability.
It's really not. They haven't done the best job conveying it so far (neither did the manga) but Kyouka is functionally invincible in 1 v 1 combat.
Old 2024-02-11, 13:13   Link #153
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

This is not me saying it. The characters in series are saying it.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 13:16   Link #154
Tenzen12

I certainly noticed that neither manga nor anime made her look exceptionally strong nor she has same presence as other captains. This is why I have no choice but to press X to doubt that she is "functionally invincible in 1vs1 combat" Again she almost lost to mere elite Shuki in episode 1.

Edit
Quote:
This is not me saying it. The characters in series are saying it.
And don't disagree with that. Pretty sure she is at least stronger then most if not all non-capitains
Old 2024-02-11, 13:39   Link #155
Frontier

I love Kyouka and am excited to see Tenka fight .
Old 2024-02-12, 07:13   Link #156
Huh...?

Quote:
Himari's has some substantial limitations. She can only set one ability at a time, which weirdly has to be done on her smartphone. She can't switch them that quickly, and in typical Copying Ability trope form, they are always degraded versions of the original with varying severity depending on a seemingly random "compatibility" with the original user.
Well in all this, the only issue for her, is her ability to use multiple Abilities at the same time, and switch between her Copied Ability which she can't do it immediately and there is a lag between each Ability usage.

And there is no Degradation of Ability aspect for her though, as Degradation is dependent on her Compatibility.
Meaning, the lower her Compatibility to an Ability is, the more it is Degraded from the Original.

If her Compatibility is high with an Ability, she would have the same power as that of the Original User.
Like, Himari has high Compatibility with Kyouka's Eternal Chains, which is why there is no Degradation of Ability when she uses it. Unlike with Shushu's Ability for which she has very bad Compatibility, thus only gets to increase her bust size.

Quote:
Shushu's ability is one like that and it is effectively useless for Himari.
I wouldn't call it completely useless though, as using it allows her to up/boost her Bust size.

Last edited by Huh...?; 2024-02-12 at 07:38.
Old 2024-02-12, 08:52   Link #157
GDB

Was it stated that there was a lag? I honestly only remember them mentioning a lag in this particular practice match, and that's because she was using Kyoka's ability that has a cost that has to be paid before she can switch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-12, 10:18   Link #158
Frontier

I still want to know who she got the weapon power from.
Old 2024-02-13, 05:45   Link #159
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Was it stated that there was a lag? I honestly only remember them mentioning a lag in this particular practice match, and that's because she was using Kyoka's ability that has a cost that has to be paid before she can switch.
The lag is basically with her turning-off one ability and then setting another ability before using it, since she is locked to one-ability usage at a time.

And yeah, for Abilities which has some side-effects, like Kyouka's Eternal Chains (having to pay the price to the slave) or Sahara's Crazy/Mad Sheep (can't use it repeatedly, has to go into a cool-down of 3 minutes), she has to pay the price before she can change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I still want to know who she got the weapon power from.
We probably won't learn about it now (would have to wait for another Season).

Old 2024-02-13, 06:08   Link #160
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?