AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-18, 14:54   Link #1401
MartianMage

Just finished the last episode... at this point I'm not going to bother anymore with the details of the last episode...

I'll just go ahead and say that after finishing this series I feel empty... everything just feels so empty to me. Using AnimeSuki's scoring methods I'd give this a 4 or a 5 for poor or below average. Pretty visuals but that's just about it really. Will not rewatch and I'm just glad it's finally over and off my list.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 15:06   Link #1402
ookamigirl

It was just awesome watching Kuriyama & Akihito fight as a team.
They make a nice team and a cute couple ^^
Still, it's a shame the couple part didn't have more time.
The epic final fight was just awesome!
Akihito was very impressive.
Looks like there were more than just one.
Izmui finally dealt with her past as well.
Very nice final episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 15:09   Link #1403
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So are you going all going to be weary if Taichi Ishidate directs something again?
Old 2013-12-18, 15:39   Link #1404
Dop
Mmmm....

Spoiler for finale:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 15:59   Link #1405
ellessarr
Banned

well haters gonna hate, lol, really a awesome serie with a very good ending, at last for me and many peoples that series was good and enjoyable and not a "waste of time' for the sake of hate or complain.

10/10 to this series and with ore nouna and yozakura quartet this is on my top list of best serie of the season.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:14   Link #1406
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
So are you going all going to be weary if Taichi Ishidate directs something again?
Can't say for sure yet but I'd be worried if they both worked on the same genre again. I simply am scared when Hanada comes up with original serious scenarios for a show. Even his drama can be a little bit over bearing at times(also visible in love live). He really sucks at it.

Also a shame that he came up with a subpar dialogue for this show. I guess he's not the guy for this kind of genre.

As for Ishidate, he definitely had a lot of fumbles here. I still think the idea and feel of the conversations/interactions relied on his calls. He failed to see how some of the out of place humor muddies the serious tones of the show. It's just very jarring at times.
Old 2013-12-18, 16:21   Link #1407
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Just finished the last episode... at this point I'm not going to bother anymore with the details of the last episode...

I'll just go ahead and say that after finishing this series I feel empty... everything just feels so empty to me. Using AnimeSuki's scoring methods I'd give this a 4 or a 5 for poor or below average. Pretty visuals but that's just about it really. Will not rewatch and I'm just glad it's finally over and off my list.
Pretty much this. KnK won't get higher than a 5/10 from me, and that's for the pretty visuals.
Story and the cast were completely uninspiring.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:26   Link #1408
SeaDoor

This series' storytelling disappointed me to the point that now I am hesitant about wanting Haruhi or FMP sequels. What has happened?
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:36   Link #1409
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

I've stuck with this series since episode 1, but...

Spoiler for Episode 12 Spoilers:
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:49   Link #1410
Mangaka-chan

Oh man

Spoiler for episode 12:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:56   Link #1411
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I guess LOVE and MOE saved the day.......
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:58   Link #1412
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
I guess LOVE and MOE saved the day.......
Maybe KyoAni took a liking to Key Magic™ after working with them for so long?
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 17:07   Link #1413
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

The good ones always end fast, really wished they had more background on Akkey's mother though she seems pretty powerful. Anyone know when the OST drops ?
Old 2013-12-18, 17:12   Link #1414
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

A terrible end to a terrible show, so disappointed with this and KyoAni.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 17:16   Link #1415
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The final was painfully mediocre and unremarkable, just like the majority of the series. The last couple episode were actually pretty good but this one ruined everything. Here's what bothered me the most:

- Miroku wasn't given any motivation for wanting to destroy the world. Apparently, it was because he hated Izumi a lot (why destroy the whole world to kill one person? that doesn't make sense. Surely there were other ways to screw with her), but the show show never provided any explanation for that. Way to destroy a potentially interesting antagonist and turn him into a caricature.

- Kyoukai no Kanata was absorbed back by Akihito, effectively making half of the series completely pointless. Nothing has changed. And of course they never explained how he was related to knk or anything.

- They made Mirai disappear again only to bring her back at the very end... again. The whole thing was horribly artificial, it's obvious they were going for cheap tears. Once again, no explanation.

The ending would have been a lot better if Mirai had stayed dead. At the very least it would have been memorable. However, you can't very well kill the moe heroine of a show you're planning to make a sequel for, can you? Yes, I have no doubt they'll make a sequel, unless this totally bombs. If they don't change the director and the writer, count me out.

5/10. Perfectly average.
Old 2013-12-18, 17:37   Link #1416
Manic
real men love pink

if this gets a sequel i will lose all faith in humanity, so many other deserving titles could use more eps over this heaping pile a trash
Old 2013-12-18, 18:16   Link #1417
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Mmm, nah, probably one of the worst endings i've seen in a while. The anime overall had a good start and it had great side characters like Hiroomi and Mitsuki, but I feel like they just didn't do a good job progressing the story. It had no grip on me, I literally didn't care and I found Mirai a more annoying character further into the anime. I really wished they explored Akihito's youma side more, when they showed his youma side taking over for the first time I thought that was an awesome part of the anime and wanted to know what was going to happen next.

Mirai just coming back at the end....*Sigh* Come on, we all love happy endings, but I preferably like mine when they make sense. I don't like being slapped in the face with "It was destiny that our fate ended up like this"...It was? Wasn't she like....gone or dead twice? You're the immortal one Aki, not her.

A bad anime series overall which I hate to say since I loved the side characters.
Old 2013-12-18, 18:58   Link #1418
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
5/10. Perfectly average.
Kyoani's inability to choreograph and animate compelling action scenes sends this straight into the garbage can. It's terrible. 3/10
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 19:08   Link #1419
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

What's the point in making Mirai disappear in the first place? By the show's logic, Ayaka and Ai should have disappeared along with her, but they popped back into the normal world along with Akihito just fine. What makes Mirai so special that she has to disappear, other than giving us unnecessary waterworks?

I give this insipid LN trash a 2/10. Even Tamako Market is better. I used to think KyoAni could do a serious action series well, but now I'm not so sure. Nichijou was a better "action" show, and Hyouka was a far better teen drama.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 19:27   Link #1420
Manic
real men love pink

Pretty sure she was dead a few eps back, she was basically fighting in like a spiritual form in that dimension. When he took BtB back into him that dimension fell apart and so did she.

It was so bad tho i didnt even feel anything when she died, other than relief that the most annoying character in the show just died. The action scenes didnt both me, the crap story and main heroine did the show in for me.

Tags
blood magic, demons, seinen, supernatural, tragic past