AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-05-02, 01:17   Link #21
tsunade666

Okay battle scenes...... but I'm still highly troubled for this adaptation.
Old 2021-05-02, 19:02   Link #22
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It seems like (to me) they're going for younger and "fresher" seiyuu.
"Fresher"? So fresh they don't have experience acting the characters they're being casted as? I think it's a disservice to fans of the original games, because they've been waiting this long to see this story in animation with the game's cast intact. A similar thing happened to the Nekopara TV anime series; they used the original game's seiyuus for the OVA, but recast everybody for the actual TV series.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 12:35   Link #23
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Key visual and additional info is out a few days ago:

Quote:
The main cast members are:

Kōichi Kamiki as Takeru Shirogane (center in image above)
Tomori Kusunoki as Sumika Kagami (left)
Karin Nanami as Meiya Mitsurugi (right)
(The anime's cast members are different from those in the original games.)

Yukio Nishimoto (The Galaxy Railways, Animal Yokocho, Journal of the Mysterious Creatures, Music Girls) is directing the anime at Flagship Line and Yumeta Company (Aria series, Tamayura series, Re:Stage! Dream Days♪). Graphinica is in charge of 3DCG. Tatsuhiko Urahata (Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, GATE, Baki, Sakura Wars the Animation) is in charge of the series scripts, and Takuya Tani (Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn, One Room, Ms. Koizumi loves ramen noodles) is designing the characters. Evan Call (Schwarzes Marken, Violet Evergarden) is composing the music.

The tagline accompanying the new visual reads, "Watch ... This is where it begins."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
"Fresher"? So fresh they don't have experience acting the characters they're being casted as? I think it's a disservice to fans of the original games, because they've been waiting this long to see this story in animation with the game's cast intact. A similar thing happened to the Nekopara TV anime series; they used the original game's seiyuus for the OVA, but recast everybody for the actual TV series.
Both this and the Nekopara TV series share the same producer (Avex) so yeah they're recasting it the way they want.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2021-05-03 at 12:51.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 21:51   Link #24
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Unfortunately this happens all too often....
Old 2021-05-04, 12:21   Link #25
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Being cast in a drama cd or vg doesn't guarantee being cast in the anime. Jojo comes in mind.
Old 2021-05-04, 12:36   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Being cast in a drama cd or vg doesn't guarantee being cast in the anime. Jojo comes in mind.
Yeah, but at least usually if you're adapting from a source material with voice acting, you'd keep the same VA's...unless it's an eroge, which I guess this franchises kind of toes the line at.
Old 2021-05-04, 12:55   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It really depends on the team that make the TV series. If they want the TV series to stand on its own and free from the shadows of its source materials (or go on different direction), the director/showrunners usually will do seiyuu audition again to find the best talents that fit his/her vision of the anime TV series (Arpeggio of Blue Steel comes to mind which was a good decision). Whether or not previous game/drama CD/OVA seiyuus will be brought back depends on whether they managed to ace the audition or not.
Old 2021-05-04, 14:21   Link #28
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Both this and the Nekopara TV series share the same producer (Avex) so yeah they're recasting it the way they want.
Maybe they're doing that to avoid any association with the original eroge? Perhaps they don't want the show to be chock-full of seiyuus who have regularly made 18+ noises in the past, like the original game was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Unfortunately this happens all too often....
Yes, it does. Having the original eroge's seiyuus reprising their roles would mean working with an already-experienced cast who already know how to play their characters. But now the new cast has to start from the ground up.
Old 2021-05-04, 15:01   Link #29
Lambdalith

Quote:
Maybe they're doing that to avoid any association with the original eroge? Perhaps they don't want the show to be chock-full of seiyuus who have regularly made 18+ noises in the past, like the original game was?

That wouldn't have been a problem. A lot of seyuus start with eroge and hentai, just look at Shinichiro Miki cv. From what i read they decided to recast everyone because using Soichiro Hoshi for Takeru would have been too costly. Since the main character has the top billing, they are going for a newcomer to save money for the actual animation (comprehensible considering the scope of the series) and this prompted a total recast.
Lambdalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 16:46   Link #30
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

my enjoyment will drop a bit after learning the game cast is not back.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 16:52   Link #31
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambdalith View Post
That wouldn't have been a problem. A lot of seyuus start with eroge and hentai, just look at Shinichiro Miki cv. From what i read they decided to recast everyone because using Soichiro Hoshi for Takeru would have been too costly. Since the main character has the top billing, they are going for a newcomer to save money for the actual animation (comprehensible considering the scope of the series) and this prompted a total recast.
Not having to pay for Soichiro Hoshi does sound reasonable to me (though still very disappointing). But it doesn't explain why Avex did the same thing to the Nekopara TV anime series. I very much doubt that the original Nekopara game's seiyuus would have been that expensive to hire for the TV anime series, and it's not like they did a bad job in the Nekopara OVA.

Speaking of the MuvLuv series, Schwarzesmarken and Total Eclipse weren't based on eroge titles either, and did not have the original seiyuus recasted. That's why I'm banking on the "Avex didn't want to be associated with the original eroge" hypothesis myself.
Old 2021-05-05, 11:59   Link #32
tsunade666

Or they are just saving money or lacking budget. I'm already having low expectations since I won't hear Takeru's suffering.
Old 2021-05-06, 02:23   Link #33
Arya

Bumped into this 3D by chance but glad I did, I know close to nothing about the source, but the universe I guess (so I kinda expect a certain tone I suppose), but happy to see a mecha show is in the making again, it seems like forever (like A.Z and IBO I think) I don't see one and I'm eager having one.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-06, 08:24   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Bumped into this 3D by chance but glad I did, I know close to nothing about the source, but the universe I guess (so I kinda expect a certain tone I suppose), but happy to see a mecha show is in the making again, it seems like forever (like A.Z and IBO I think) I don't see one and I'm eager having one.
We have Back Arrow this season, mate .
Old 2021-05-08, 07:56   Link #35
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
We have Back Arrow this season, mate .
really, this season?

... watched a trailer, mmm, double color hair MC? magic transformation? Asuka, C.C./zessica, Saki (valvrave) ... mini-mecha design (from that SoL mecha anime series forgot the name) ... it did't make an impression to be honest
Muv-Luv approach is much more up my alley. But, I will give it certainly a chance because you'll never know.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2021-05-08, 08:39   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
really, this season?

... watched a trailer, mmm, double color hair MC? magic transformation? Asuka, C.C./zessica, Saki (valvrave) ... mini-mecha design (from that SoL mecha anime series forgot the name) ... it did't make an impression to be honest
Muv-Luv approach is much more up my alley. But, I will give it certainly a chance because you'll never know.
If you like ridiculous OTT mecha show, Back Arrow is the stuff, at least for this season. There's also Dynazenon but that's a spin off from a Tokusatsu anime SSSS.Gridman.
Old 2021-05-08, 12:32   Link #37
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you like ridiculous OTT mecha show, Back Arrow is the stuff, at least for this season. There's also Dynazenon but that's a spin off from a Tokusatsu anime SSSS.Gridman.
Sorry, OTT stands for? Anyways I'll surely give it a try, and I'll also move to its thread. Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 2021-05-08, 16:14   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Sorry, OTT stands for?
Over the Top.
Old 2021-05-11, 10:35   Link #39
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Sorry, OTT stands for? Anyways I'll surely give it a try, and I'll also move to its thread. Thanks for the recommendation.
Dynazenon is definitely good (and better IMO)
Old 2021-07-14, 09:30   Link #40
B214

Have they announce the airing date?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote